Les Miserable
Punchdrunk
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Brent to stand down. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 8:05 am

The saviour...........a few million already banked and more in the pipeline if SH does substantially improve the club and/or bring in people who can. As long as the Windsor Boys are still welcome and the wannabe culture remains, it's a 'no' from me.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 9:07 am

I'll go A and suggest that's the first sentence in B should be applicable to those that believe that option (not that isn't others).

Mind you I'm not partial to anyone who prefaces their opinion with 'needs their head testing'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 9:53 am

The brent/Hallett thing should be seen as two cheeks of the same face until proved otherwise. Buying back part of HHP must quickly be shown to have a positive reasoning behind it, and not just a reworking of the same old plan. I'm not hopeful, but will give it until Wednesday.
The hangers on hanging on will illustrate the reality, and I just can't see that changing. Root and branch is what is needed, but all we've got is a tickle.
Having said that, I may possibly now be able to hold my nose long enough to try a game or two... haven't worked that one through yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 am

I wonder if James Brent will continue to go when he's no longer chairman. Obviously he bleeds Green and and is great mates with Ian Newell so Im sure he will
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 10:56 am

beesrus wrote:
The brent/Hallett thing should be seen as two cheeks of the same face until proved otherwise. Buying back part of HHP must quickly be shown to have a positive reasoning behind it, and not just a reworking of the same old plan. I'm not hopeful, but will give it until Wednesday.
The hangers on hanging on will illustrate the reality, and I just can't see that changing. Root and branch is what is needed, but all we've got is a tickle.
Having said that, I may possibly now be able to hold my nose long enough to try a game or two... haven't worked that one through yet.

I do not know if I read it right, Argyle brought back HHP

The club also announces that it has entered into a conditional contract to buy the land (adjacent to the Stadium) at Higher Home Park that is not required for the new international ice arena.

Last edited by Tgwu on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 10:57 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
I wonder if James Brent will continue to go when he's no longer chairman. Obviously he bleeds Green and and is great mates with Ian Newell so Im sure he will

He'll never be seen again just a distant bad memory once his 30% disappears in November as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 11:32 am

Tgwu wrote:
beesrus wrote:

The club also announces that it has entered into a conditional contract to buy the land (adjacent to the Stadium) at Higher Home Park that is not required for the new international ice arena.

Yes, you did TG. but, and it's a big but, brent clearly wanted to just cash in on his new permissions and uplift and probably made it a condition of the whole deal. I find it difficult to believe the "club" will forgo  valuable town use permissions on what HHP land is left.

I remember years ago when Stapes got the original hotel permission, his saying it would financially secure Argyle. Who is to say PAFC itself, ( Hallett and brent) won't try and further "enhance" those park permissions to C3 residential within the next planning application, rather than football related activity, under the guise of helping the club to finish the stadium rather than helping themselves. These rumours of "big cash" can only refer to something with value and further uplift. Hallett's cavalry aren't coming to rescue Del boy's squad and a few offices there's no demand for, as brent found out. There's a catch somewhere here, a lot of smoke, and something still stinks. Leopards and spots. If the hotel were already up and functioning, there would be little under the new regulations to stop conversion to C3 residential. So, why not a previously accepted hotel that wasn't built ? I bet some profiteer somewhere reckons it's worth a shy.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 11:45 am

Pre-emption rights have been lifted by the directors. This effectively means that if anyone wants to sell their shares they can sell them on the open market to whomever they choose. With pre-emption rights in place any shares that someone wants to dispose of have to first be offered to existing shareholders in the proportions they currently hold.

Read into it what you will but it opens the door for other investors to come on board.

Also interesting that Saltrock have been renamed SRS Realisations. Could be nothing but a realisation in my book is normally a cashing in of an asset.

This could all be a gurt big red herring but things certainly seem to be on the change
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 11:50 am

Shop closures after Plymouth Argyle supremo James Brent's fashion chain bought out

The £20million clothing company owned by departing Plymouth Argyle chairman James Brent has gone into administration – and been bought by another fashion firm with some of the stores closing.

Following the sale, 25 stores and 162 employees were transferred and retained – but five stores will close and 29 redundancies have been made.

Mr Brent, who is now departing as chairman of Saltrock, said: “We are proud of the growth we’ve achieved over the last eight years, but now is the time for Crew to drive the business forward.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 11:56 am

Brent you are an utter tool only you could see guiding a twenty million pound company to administration and the closure of five stores as "growth." lol!
Back to top Go down
Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 12:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Brent you are an utter tool only you could see guiding a twenty million pound company to administration and the closure of five stores as "growth." lol!

Apologies, I hadnt seen the administration notice but that explains the SRS name change.

Its not particularly difficult to "achieve growth" by selling stuff at a loss!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 12:02 pm

beesrus wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Yes, you did TG. but, and it's a big but, brent clearly wanted to just cash in on his new permissions and uplift and probably made it a condition of the whole deal. I find it difficult to believe the "club" will forgo  valuable town use permissions on what HHP land is left.

I remember years ago when Stapes got the original hotel permission, his saying it would financially secure Argyle. Who is to say PAFC itself, ( Hallett and brent) won't try and further "enhance" those park permissions to C3 residential within the next planning application, rather than football related activity, under the guise of helping the club to finish the stadium rather than helping themselves. These rumours of "big cash" can only refer to something with value and further uplift. Hallett's cavalry aren't coming to rescue Del boy's squad and a few offices there's no demand for, as brent found out. There's a catch somewhere here, a lot of smoke, and something still stinks. Leopards and spots. If the hotel were already up and functioning, there would be little under the new regulations to stop conversion to C3 residential. So, why not a previously accepted hotel that wasn't built ? I bet some profiteer somewhere reckons it's worth a shy.

I can't see the planners allowing any residential development at HHP, it's against covenants and area action plan. I think the crucial thing is that Hallett has bought the land for the club, he could have just bought it himself. Truth is none of us know what he will do with it although one thing that crossed my mind is that with the GT/AFT pub being stalled maybe he has plans for a big supporters bar behind the grandstand? It would fit with his non match day income brief. If all proceeds went to the club that is a world of difference in Brent's Nandoe crap shack with all rents ending up in the squires pocket. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Shop closures after Plymouth Argyle supremo James Brent's fashion chain bought out

The £20million clothing company owned by departing Plymouth Argyle chairman James Brent has gone into administration – and been bought by another fashion firm with some of the stores closing.

Following the sale, 25 stores and 162 employees were transferred and retained – but five stores will close and 29 redundancies have been made.

Mr Brent, who is now departing as chairman of Saltrock, said: “We are proud of the growth we’ve achieved over the last eight years, but now is the time for Crew to drive the business forward.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have always thought the club was keeping JB's other businesses afloat.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent to stand down.
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9