Les Miserable
Punchdrunk
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Brent to stand down. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 12:54 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 12:56 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Sorry Zyph for misunderstanding that you are just thankful that James saved uzzzz and not a closet Brent believer.
Apologies.

If that's genuine... thanks.....hard to believe too much on here.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Think ATDs parting shot to Lord Akkeron should be to crowd fund a one week ticket to Mozambique and send the old scally off in style

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 2:14 pm

Personally not interested in any of the politics involved with this but pleased with the outcome, nevertheless.

My main beef with the Brent regime was that it took us too long to get back to par, as it were - 7th in the 3rd division represents that - and also it has been clear for ages he doesn’t have the clout to properly move us forward. The former is water under the bridge and the latter has been (hopefully) ameliorated by this shift in structure.

Look forward to some bolder moves under Hallett and I also like the separation of powers between chairman and major shareholder. Felwick should be someone who can hold his own in that scenario.

Geddon.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:07 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Personally not interested in any of the politics involved with this but pleased with the outcome, nevertheless.

My main beef with the Brent regime was that it took us too long to get back to par, as it were - 7th in the 3rd division represents that - and also it has been clear for ages he doesn’t have the clout to properly move us forward. The former is water under the bridge and the latter has been (hopefully) ameliorated by this shift in structure.

Look forward to some bolder moves under Hallett and I also like the separation of powers between chairman and major shareholder. Felwick should be someone who can hold his own in that scenario.

Geddon.
Sums it up nicely really. I could take or leave JB but this move seems to be the correct path for progress. Onwards
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Ian Newell, Deepthroat, Florrie Lindley, Porkus, Windsor Boys, DeLar, Kentish and HC YOU TOOK A HELL OF A BEATING! LMFAO great day for Argyle.
To me it sounds like Brent has been forced out, Hallett buying the HHP land is a very welcome surprise that I never expected lets just hope he doesn't cover it with Nandoes. In fact it would make a great carpark anybody ever thought of that?
As for Newell he will be a worried man. I can't see Hallett binning him from HP but he will never ever have the blind eye turned to him that he did by Brent which was the thing that showed Brent up for the nasty individual that he is. As for deleting the political stuff wow. Sound like the actions of a chauffeur who's lost his meal ticket feck off Nool.
Whatever will he said about Brent doing what's right for the club he's been forced out by Hallett which I reckon has been going on behind the scenes for months now, big shit indeed.
Now let's celebrate what James Brent has achieved at HP, the James Brent memorial Portacabins! Yes he actually built something!

This. Except he hasn't built a single portacabin either - the people in the factory did that :-P
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:19 pm

That's just churlish Peggy. Name me one other chairman/owner of any other club in the country that has ever installed so many Portacabins? It's testament to the ability of the man and to do it in only seven years is nothing short of miraculous.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:21 pm

zyph wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Sorry Zyph for misunderstanding that you are just thankful that James saved uzzzz and not a closet Brent believer.
Apologies.

If that's genuine... thanks.....hard to believe too much on here.

lol! Look up Zippy something just went right over your head.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:30 pm

What's the general jist of all this on Free Chat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:42 pm

over on the Brent arselicking thread on the farm (no politics allowed, by order of the modertating non moderator) Guiri Green sincerly believes that James Brents greatest achievement was to lower everyones expectations.

Which is half true but I was surprised to see the positive slant placed on it. Even on PASOTI.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:46 pm

It's no better on FC. Someone has started a thread wanting to rename the Mayflower after James Brent in recognition of him saving us and his achievements during his tenure! FFS! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:09 pm

beesrus wrote:
This is the best news to come out of Home Park in 10 years. Absolutely delighted. Maybe a lot of us Brent detractors should pat ourselves on the back.Our clear message to Brent must have hit him over the years, and NO person is immune to community dislike. Well done ATD, well done Freechat, well done all those on boycott that have made their views known in other ways.
Fantastic brilliant news that the deal has seen the CLUB buy back Brent's former pension pot at HHP. Big big shit even Razz
Hallett has to be congratulated on clawing back HHP. Looks like he will be far more stand off than Brent with Felwick returning as chair, and Adams being given more clout with the Board.
I'm a happy bunny today and am delighted that the chair Felwick is a real Plymouthian and comes from an employee owned business background.
We're going to need some new stickers Al. Howzabout some celebratory ones ? flower

Well... After slagging off Hallett for years that has to be the greatest u-turn in message board history. Surely Hallets's just another piece of low life banker trash who is just another "Squire" and completely in it for himself? After all... According to you he's not even a fan.

You really have no shame at all...

Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:10 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
over on the Brent arselicking thread on the farm (no politics allowed, by order of the modertating non moderator) Guiri Green sincerly believes that James Brents greatest achievement was to lower everyones expectations.

Which is half true but I was surprised to see the positive slant placed on it. Even on PASOTI.

One poster even said he was the best chairman in 40 years.

I had to read it twice to comprehend how somebody can be so thick and naive.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

Truly astonishing isn’t it? Only the dumbest of dumb Janners could see a dumbing down of hopes, dreams, aspirations, ambition as an achievement.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Rickler wrote:
beesrus wrote:
This is the best news to come out of Home Park in 10 years. Absolutely delighted. Maybe a lot of us Brent detractors should pat ourselves on the back.Our clear message to Brent must have hit him over the years, and NO person is immune to community dislike. Well done ATD, well done Freechat, well done all those on boycott that have made their views known in other ways.
Fantastic brilliant news that the deal has seen the CLUB buy back Brent's former pension pot at HHP. Big big shit even Razz
Hallett has to be congratulated on clawing back HHP. Looks like he will be far more stand off than Brent with Felwick returning as chair, and Adams being given more clout with the Board.
I'm a happy bunny today and am delighted that the chair Felwick is a real Plymouthian and comes from an employee owned business background.
We're going to need some new stickers Al. Howzabout some celebratory ones ? flower

Well...   After slagging off Hallett for years that has to be the greatest u-turn in message board history.  Surely Hallets's just another piece of low life banker trash who is just another "Squire" and completely in it for himself?  After all...  According to you he's not even a fan.

You really have no shame at all...

Still trolling you thicko.  Razz .
I'm not u turning anything, I just have the decency to thank Hallett for taking HHP into club hands where it should always have been. That is encouraging. As it happens, given yet more of your newspeak, I actually welcomed Brent to the club at the beginning due to the council being involved in the deal, before it became clear what sort of character he was, banker or not. Hallett is still cut from the same cloth, the same business, and so I'm still not happy with what might transpire in the future. In fact, the talk of shed loads of cash worries me as that indicates murmurings of big residential development desires in the future down at the Barn Park End corner where the hotel was originally given permission. Also, it may well be that Hallet is quite happy with the mankover as it stands, and that is still going to upset a lot of people. If Newell continues in his "role", then Hallett will start to feel the ire of fans, including me, if he doesn't elbow him. I suspect he will keep him, but am always willing to give someone the opportunity to sweep crap out into the bin.

The park comes first for me, the club second, and I shall be right on Hallett's case if he suddenly sees development opportunities in the park that are not football/sport  related. But for today, it would be churlish not to be grateful for the change that has occured today. That's the difference between me and the likes of you. You have pins in old childhood dolls and you can't see diddly but for your anger.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:50 pm

P.O.I wrote:

Power to the people!! & up the Fulham laugh
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:57 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Credit to POI

the Oliver one was class please sir can I have some more one was one of my favs lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 6:02 pm

zyph wrote:
Jethro wrote:
What do we do now it's over sort of...

How about supporting the team...and getting behind Derek Adams as he sorts out what his best eleven is.

Some already starting to claw at Simon Hallett before this happened.....and now David Felwick can get some of your broadsides as well.

Hounding Brent will continue of course....plus Ian Newell.... yes ATD still has a few targets before it goes the UKIP route into oblivion.
How about ending your thirty five year boycott of Homepark, you phoney cnut?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 6:05 pm

P.O.I wrote:
That’s class the best yet laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 6:49 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Did anyone hear that Argo simpleton Sparksy on radio Dem talking with the MK postie about an hour ago it was as nauseating as one could imagine. Wanker Webbo describing Brent in God like terms, he finished off saying "I thank James Brent from the bottom of my heart for all he has achieved at PAFC" Happy to see you
No mention of course of the shysters business record, Oldway, Liverpool/ player monies, £1 pavilions gift, land grabs at HHP, supporting bullies, Portakabins etc etc.
Before we all get too carried away, just be aware Brent still retains a 30% share of the club - he needs to go completely, assuming that once he knocks up a sub standard ice shed outside the Life Centre and unleashs large ammounts of income from the Golden egg Pavillions from land sell offs he will finally slither off.
BRENT OUT
WEBB OUT
NEWELL OUT
well said GG Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Excellent to see more investment come into the club, never had any particular feelings for Brent either way, he was just the owner of my club, however it feels a bit nauseating reading some of the praiseworthy Brent comments on PASOTi.
To me Hallett comes across as a positive and communicative person, let’s hope he is and shows transparency before all the clickbait appears
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 9:54 pm

Great news.

Thank you Mr and Mrs Hallett.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 10:21 pm

What all the Brentites fail to mention when lauding his magnificent achievements over the last seven years is that in the end he hasn't bowed out victoriously after a triumphant opening on the refurbed Grandstand with a shiny new ice rink attached. He has been forced out after a protracted battle when it became painfully obvious his sums didn't add up and even with our sustainable management and £4.1m from Hallet he still couldn't manage to get the job done. He tried, he failed, again.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 6:38 am

One of the most sickening aspects of Brents odious reign was his refusal to reimburse the St Johns Ambulance in full when we came out of adminstration. Unlike many other creditors it wasnt a massive amount but the repulsive Brent insisted they took 0.7p in the £ same as everyone else. Thats 7/10ths of one penny in case its misunderstood

That Pasoti is the sort of man we are finally offloading and not before time
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 7:36 am

Was it even that much Harve ?
I seem to remember it was 0.07p in the pound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent to stand down.   Brent to stand down. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent to stand down.
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next