green_genie
Czarcasm
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh Empty
PostSubject: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 5:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rather amusing that this particular organisation seems to employ fully-fledged children as digital staff writers.

I bet they're cheap. BRENT OUT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Sigh indeed and also yawn.

Serious question: What does this mean? "With Argyle a lot of the benefits are baked in".

Brent still whining about Drake Circus and only 'wants' microstand in place for 2020 - no promises then.

Meanwhile, czarcasm may be about to be upbraided by the self-appointed police of the site who find comments about people's appearance offensive (when it suits them...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 6:26 am

I see that Brent is still trying to blame the HHP failure on Bretonside:

Brent wrote:
"We previously had planning consent in place a few years ago for the redevelopment, anchored by a new multiplex cinema" said Brent. "However, the new Drake Circus development on the bus station site will have more pull than Home Park as it’s a city centre site.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 6:58 am

Doesn't look like Brent and PCC are doing any joined up thinking at the moment. If PCC think they can add this amount of traffic to the Outland / Seagrave Rd junction, there would have to be changes to traffic plans in HHP Application. Highways England would probably impose an even smaller max attendance limit (without specific individual traffic management plans).

From the 'erald

Quote :
A small pocket of land near Home Park, currently used by Plymouth City Council's street scene services department, could become a garden centre.

According to the plans, a garden centre at the council's Outland Road depot - sandwiched between Plymouth Argyle's stadium and Goals - would serve as a "complimentary use" to Central Park.

A council spokesperson added: "The council wants to test what would be a suitable use for the site if the parks depot at Outland Road is relocated.

"The garden centre idea has been generated for discussion within the council as it has the potential to be a complementary use to the park."
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 8:29 am

A small pocket of land near Home Park, currently used by Plymouth City Council's street scene services department, could become a garden centre.

According to the plans, a garden centre at the council's Outland Road depot - sandwiched between Plymouth Argyle's stadium and Goals - would serve as a "complimentary use" to Central Park.

A council spokesperson added: "The council wants to test what would be a suitable use for the site if the parks depot at Outland Road is relocated.

"The garden centre idea has been generated for discussion within the council as it has the potential to be a complementary use to the park.

What a load of cr*p,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 8:45 am

green_genie wrote:
Doesn't look like Brent and PCC are doing any joined up thinking at the moment. If PCC think they can add this amount of traffic to the Outland / Seagrave Rd junction, there would have to be changes to traffic plans in HHP Application. Highways England would probably impose an even smaller max attendance limit (without specific individual traffic management plans).

From the 'erald

Quote :

"The garden centre idea has been generated for discussion within the council as it has the potential to be a complementary use to the park."

I wonder if they've got to the bit regarding who is paying for all this yet?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 8:54 am

They just want's to sell the land to balance the books.

From FOCP meeting on 8th of Oct

A NEW PCC CONSULTATION is due for publication the next day. For CP this includes the possibility of a cricket pitch near Pounds House, and uses for the vacated PCC Depot.

CAFÉ HUB awaited new admin decision due to objections, its relevance to the provision of changing rooms behind the Bowling Pavilion was discussed.

BUG-LIFE PLANTINGS        

(Foxglove, primrose, wood anemone, dog violets, red campion,  possibly – agrimony, betony, hedge roundwort)

(as bulbs Sat 19th 11 – 1pm)     (seed sowing Sat 12th 2pm Holdsworth St)
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 12:21 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Brent wrote:
"We previously had planning consent in place a few years ago for the redevelopment, anchored by a new multiplex cinema" said Brent. "However, the new Drake Circus development on the bus station site will have more pull than Home Park as it’s a city centre site.

Yes, because planning permission actually means "I've had a moneyspinning idea, and now I've got planning permission nobody else is allowed to have the same or similar (let alone better) moneyspinning idea as me, even if we haven't actually started work eighteen months after getting planning permission because I hadn't bothered to sort out the finances and all that before I applied for planning permission because, let's face it, we don't really know what we're doing. And because my idea was rubbish."

If we've got to have any encroachment on Central Park, I'd rather it were a garden centre than virtually anything else. But we're already very well served with garden centres in the area, and you don't have to struggle with football traffic to get to any of the others.

flower
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 12:51 pm

More pie in the sky schemes from brent
F#@K all will get built by him period
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 12:53 pm

What about the houses plan for the top of Wake Street along to Alma Rd?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm

After letting Brent off two years worth of business rates/rent on HP - PCC need every penny it can get..........
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 4:01 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
green_genie wrote:

From the 'erald

Quote :

I wonder if they've got to the bit regarding who is paying for all this yet?

We know who won't be paying for it but will expect to financially benefit personally. 'Ee saved uzzzzzz ! brent worship

Ain't gonna happen is it ? Hell of a lot of auctions maybe................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 4:24 pm

I'm waiting to read the business plan that insists the best way to commemorate Mayflower 400 is by spunking the budget on a crap pre-fab ministand for a fourth division football club
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 5:45 pm

Peggy wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Brent wrote:

Yes, because planning permission actually means "I've had a moneyspinning idea, and now I've got planning permission nobody else is allowed to have the same or similar (let alone better) moneyspinning idea as me, even if we haven't actually started work eighteen months after getting planning permission because I hadn't bothered to sort out the finances and all that before I applied for planning permission because, let's face it, we don't really know what we're doing. And because my idea was rubbish."

If we've got to have any encroachment on Central Park, I'd rather it were a garden centre than virtually anything else. But we're already very well served with garden centres in the area, and you don't have to struggle with football traffic to get to any of the others.

flower

Yes. All of that.

There is a slight flaw in the logic though. In Brentworld "planning permission" is not a sign that there is any actual real intent to build anything. It exists solely to add value to land he already owns so that his asset values go up across the companies he holds making the borrowing that funds his other projects less risky (i.e cheaper).

If it was really about building something I'm sure he'd'v'e built something somewhere by now. Or at least started to build something.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 5:49 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I'm waiting to read the business plan that insists the best way to commemorate Mayflower 400 is by spunking the budget on a crap pre-fab ministand for a fourth division football club

Foreshore, Hugh. It's cringeworthy that Brent even attempts to link Mayflower 400 with a failed attempt to build a mini-stand. A tenuous link to some half-arsed idea to get a yankee womens team playing at Home Park merely compounds the issue further. Does he seriously think we'd be queuing round the block to see a bunch of girls trying to play football ?

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 6:07 pm

Basement, is long on bullshit and short on action! No Ministand will be built rest assured.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 8:41 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Foreshore, Hugh. It's cringeworthy that Brent even attempts to link Mayflower 400 with a failed attempt to build a mini-stand. A tenuous link to some half-arsed idea to get a yankee womens team playing at Home Park merely compounds the issue further. Does he seriously think we'd be queuing round the block to see a bunch of girls trying to play football ?

Not only that... But not even English girls. I am sure I read somewhere the idea is to have a match between the Yanks and the Dutch?

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 8:56 pm

Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Not only that...  But not even English girls.  I am sure I read somewhere the idea is to have a match between the Yanks and the Dutch?

S'pose they could be called Dutch caps?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 9:01 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Brent wrote:

flower

Yes. All of that.

There is a slight flaw in the logic though. In Brentworld "planning permission" is not a sign that there is any actual real intent to build anything. It exists solely to add value to land he already owns so that his asset values go up across the companies he holds making the borrowing that funds his other projects less risky (i.e cheaper).

If it was really about building something I'm sure he'd'v'e built something somewhere by now. Or at least started to build something.

Spot on
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 9:20 am

Excellent comments all round, Sir Francis bang on by highlighting that the reluctant one's strategy is to secure planning permission purely to gain a financial advantage.
As we all know he has built nothing so far, this trend may continue with his utterings about Mayflower 400.
But sure as hell the fans will lose out either way way because if the Mayflower is replaced it will clearly be inadequate for the club's future needs.
If the stand is not replaced the Mayflower Mayflower side of the ground will remain a bombsite area, even the away teams coaches can't Park there due to the state of the structure, how embarrassing!
The Brentmare continues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 10:53 am

Why is Plymouth always looking for that one event which will transform its future? As long as I can remember the council and the useless rag have been dangling events in front of the city's residents and giving the impression that life won't be the same afterwards. The World Cup, the arrival of cruise ships, the redevelopment of Tinside pool, various projects to redevelop the centre have all been held up as some kind of panacea. And now we've got Mayflower 400 - how much of a splash is this thing actually going to make? I mean I hope it will be a great event and be positive for the city, but it's not going to be some kind of new dawn or the greatest event of all time ever.

It seems that successive councils have just abandoned the idea of working really hard every day for gradual improvements over time and just gone 'Wouldn't it be easier just to pin all our hopes on one big event?' The local rag then steps in with its usual shite and people end up disappointed. I'm not surprised to see Brent joining in the hype - the pound signs must be visible in his avaricious little eyes...
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 11:23 am

charleymouse wrote:
Why is Plymouth always looking for that one event which will transform its future? As long as I can remember the council and the useless rag have been dangling events in front of the city's residents and giving the impression that life won't be the same afterwards. The World Cup, the arrival of cruise ships, the redevelopment of Tinside pool, various projects to redevelop the centre have all been held up as some kind of panacea. And now we've got Mayflower 400 - how much of a splash is this thing actually going to make? I mean I hope it will be a great event and be positive for the city, but it's not going to be some kind of new dawn or the greatest event of all time ever.

It seems that successive councils have just abandoned the idea of working really hard every day for gradual improvements over time and just gone 'Wouldn't it be easier just to pin all our hopes on one big event?' The local rag then steps in with its usual shite and people end up disappointed. I'm not surprised to see Brent joining in the hype - the pound signs must be visible in his avaricious little eyes...

It's all part of the corporate culture we live in, pandering for the needs of the gullible and materialistic, basically jump on any kind of cultural social historical event, dot com it and hype it and hype it and it will become ultimately meaningless, exactly where Mayflower 400 is heading.
I imagine dear Jame's lip is all of a quiver at the thought of hitching a promotional ride on the back of the 2020 celebrations, no doubt aided and abetted by dim witted local politicians and the stereotypical local media. albino
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 5:45 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Brent wrote:

flower

Yes. All of that.

I think you're right, Sir Frankie. And it only begs the question - yet again - why he hasn't been called out on it. But then I suppose a few senior politicians and council officers would have to admit to having been taken in.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 5:49 pm

charleymouse wrote:

We also have a long history of putting all our eggs in one basket in terms of looking to one individual to turn the city's fortunes around. I give you Dan McCauley, that bloke who had all the restaurants on Sutton Harbour, Brent ... and wasn't Robert Daniels cast in a similar light at one time?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 7:56 pm

Serious business, what will the 'Special Edition' Mayflower 400 pasties be like????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh   Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent re-iterates Micro-Stand pledge - sigh
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next