Coxside_Green
LondonGreen
Tringreen
Chemical Ali
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:20 am

It doesn't really matter whether individuals think it was racist or not, or whether it was intended as banter or not, or whether the target thought it was funny or not. Legally, it's racist.

The legal definition of racist chanting is chanting based on race, colour, ethnic or national origin, and gypsies are legally defined as an ethnic group. Therefore abuse aimed at somebody for being a gypsy, or using the word gypsy as abuse, is racist abuse. Hence the individuals concerned, and by implication the club, could be in trouble.

As for the FV connection (and I'm not mixing this up with my anger about FV being foisted upon the people where I sit) I've said it before. It was clear to lots of people that the introduction of a singing group, and especially one which uses at least some of the language and symbolism of ultras, was likely to encourage the dodgier elements. Yes, they might well have been doing this stuff all along, but now they've got a bigger arena to do it in. It's not anybody's fault as such, but it does need to be nipped in the bud. As I've also said before, FV could be a real force for anti-racism, and anti-homophobia and all the rest. Let's hope that comes to pass.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:30 am

Totally agree with the above statement.Just tried posting on the CHANTING/BEHAVIOUR thread on PASOTI started by THE PRESIDENT,to find it's locked!.Absolutely pathetic! the whole post is just a justification of "Forza Verde".I will be contacting the club tomorrow and will write to James Brent personally if I have to.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:37 am

The pasoti thread about deleted threads has been moved to admin board- Posty has posted that some of the posts on the now deleted chanting thread broke the Pasoti agreement.

There are more threads questioning the Mods also-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:21 pm

The reply by PL2 3DQ is beyond belief changing thread titles ffs. The best one was changing the “Fletcher out” thread because people wouldn’t know what the content was.

Farm mods = Gestapo
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:59 pm

I really don't see the point of changing thread titles. I don't think it is good or bad. Just pointless. Why bother? Has there been a clamour for it to be done?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:51 pm

The policy on ATD is to delete anything that could break laws or is outside of common decency, outside of that it's up to the users to decide what they post and how they title it and it's up to users if they want to debate the content or title of the thread.

That's how I see it at least.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Before I make up my mind, I would like to see Richard Blight's comment on thread title's. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:33 pm

Fair comment knecht lol!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:02 pm

As I understand it,a few months ago,some technical glitch caused by someone's Iphone (or something) caused thread titles to end up with my name in them because he once started a thread with my name as the title. This caused some merriment amongst people. I did have a couple of people ask what was going on,one asked if I had done something wrong and one did comment "I see your now one of the in crowd on ATD",he was told not to be so daft.

A couple of ATD regulars / mods have apologised for any misunderstanding. As far as I'm concerned there's none taken and it's just an ATD in joke which isn't causing me any bother. Confuses the hell out of some others Smile It doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Richard
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:09 pm

You're a good sort Richard

PS I voted for you...

Because you're one of ours Wink
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:44 pm

I also have voted for ATD Legend (whether he likes it or not Laughing ) Richard Blight. I think those (from the Trust) that have attempted to engage with this site should be commended (and voted for).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Embarassed My post was a joke - not very funny.

As for being "daft" for posting on here......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:55 pm

You're a good sort Richard. The whole Richard Blight thing started from a beta mobile programming thing that Forumotion are still working on... nowt to do with ATD unfortunately.
That Aussie rules cad, Mock, is at fault here. If only he could work his bleddy phone... too busy haring after hounds.

I voted with my feet... I kept my tenner in my pocket until I see just what this Trust intends to be. Some promising murmurings of late and well led since the Ego landed .......somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:02 pm

knecht wrote:
Embarassed My post was a joke - not very funny.

As for being "daft" for posting on here......

Knecht,it strikes me that anyone posting on any internet forum these days is slightly daft. As for stuff like Twitter? I'm not going there! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:56 pm

Grumpy wrote:
The reply by PL2 3DQ is beyond belief changing thread titles ffs. The best one was changing the “Fletcher out” thread because people wouldn’t know what the content was.

Farm mods = Gestapo
It was me who provided the original thread, which was meant as irony. I put 'Fletcher Out', and then said I had seen him and his wife in R Parade shopping (which I hadn't) It was meant as fun, but the Gestapo deemed it necessary to spoon feed them, with a joke parenthesis. I think I have now been banned because I had a little sparring match with IJN, and that PL2 tw@t. I just did not like the way their mods were going overboard, and doing the 'nanny state' thing.
I also got into a debate about the 'g*po' thread, to which the GnT bloke became over-excited. Basically, I was aghast at the overreaction to a common football chant, and the reaction of the PC brigade on Pasoti that ganged up on people who didn't agree with them, even though there was no evidence of their being offensive. When I told people that I lived in Croydon, and that living there might change your perception of society, I was accused of being a racist.
My posts were part humour and and piss-take, and a little bit of both irritation and very mild aggression at the hysteria and control on Pasoti.
But, I also backed this up with approval of Webb's statement so we can nip any potential problem of 'actual' racial chanting in the bud. I also tried to placate GnT, and said we were 'All Argyle fans' etc, and we should have sensible discussion, but he just blanked me. He was only interested in having a go at people who didn't agree with him. PC Dick. Basically, but as I am sure you all know anyway, Pasoti Mods, and certain other twats on there, are nice when it suits them, and you play on their words. I don't think they liked me accusing people of holding onto their mummy/apron strings - which is what Ptwatati is!
So that you know, I am not racist, but I am very un-PC, and very critical of what I see as PC pandering, and knee-jerk reactions to the issues of race, and things related. Too much, and it will take the fun out of football.
I was pissed off with the machinations of Pasoti anyway. It was boring and sterile, and any attempt at my lavatory humour (that Cerbera will know of from Exeweb) is just lost on them, but I hope it won't be lost on here. Well, I have brought my kettle and Breville sandwich toaster with me, because this is my new home! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Welcome aboard Paul.

Hope to see some of your humour soon!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Welcome aboard Paul.

Hope to see some of your humour soon!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thank you Cerbera. Great pic. He looks unsure what to do with the balloons.
The Lion is also giving evidence at the Noel Edmonds colostomy bag trial shortly. Should be good, as he can't actually speak on account of him being a faux fur, zip up mascot for Devon's third league team. Do you think they know about that trial on ATD? I can always syndicate it, and humour-by pass Exeweb!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Nice to have you Paul. Not right with you on the g*po thing, whether you like it or not it's a racial slur, but have enjoyed watching your spat on Pasoti and you were praised recently on Exeweb by City fans for the way you posted on there.

As you're using the same username on here as you did on Pasoti, be prepared to take some stick and watch out for any dodgy PM's offering you "information", as it's usually someone wanting you to repeat the info on here so this site can be attacked.
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Nice to have you Paul. Not right with you on the g*po thing, whether you like it or not it's a racial slur, but have enjoyed watching your spat on Pasoti and you were praised recently on Exeweb by City fans for the way you posted on there.

As you're using the same username on here as you did on Pasoti, be prepared to take some stick and watch out for any dodgy PM's offering you "information", as it's usually someone wanting you to repeat the info on here so this site can be attacked.

Hi Greenjock. Yes, overall you are correct about the 'g*po' thing, that it can be a racial slur. I certainly don't think it acceptable to direct it at someone who actually is. Traditional Romany Gypsies have a historical lifestyle we should totally respect, even though society doesn't. But, the image of illegal travellers only serves to stigmatise further, and give rise to sterotypes. People seize on this.
I think I saw the Home Park event as a time-in-memorial chant that was aimed at a French Tunisian who took it in good heart. It would of course have been appalling if Islamic chants were aimed at him; or it would have been worrying if he actually didn't understand what was being said, and just went along with it as a good sport. I objected to the PC brigade on Pasoti, whipping up far too big a storm. I would have been right behind Webb and everyone if there had been monkey chanting, etc. There is no place for that anywhere, as we all know, and to do that in front of your own black players representing Argyle, is just unthinkable, and shameful. Anyway, the statement will put in no doubt the seriousness of taking banter too far, and to the edge of racist slurs. There are plenty of gullible, insular Argyle fans who don't know better, and plenty who know right from wrong.
We should be careful though that we don't get a situation where you can't make fun of bald, long haired, ginger or overweight players, and there is some kind of 'thought control' on society. As long as the humour doesn't upset them, then that is all part of the game, as I am sure they give it back too. We don't want the fun taken out of football, but we must never have a situation again, when you had players like Noel Blake, the victims of racial hatred at Home Park.

I enjoyed it on Exeweb, and respected them, because it's their club. I never read the threads when Argyle were C/ship and they were BSP, but I can imagine it was purgatory for them. Now they are enjoying their brief moment in the sun. I don't feel inclined to go back there so much now, and as the Moral Police have banned me on Pasoti, this is where it will be at!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:20 pm

argylepaul wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

Farm mods = Gestapo
It was me who provided the original thread, which was meant as irony. I put 'Fletcher Out', and then said I had seen him and his wife in R Parade shopping (which I hadn't) It was meant as fun, but the Gestapo deemed it necessary to spoon feed them, with a joke parenthesis. I think I have now been banned because I had a little sparring match with IJN, and that PL2 tw@t. I just did not like the way their mods were going overboard, and doing the 'nanny state' thing.
I also got into a debate about the 'g*po' thread, to which the GnT bloke became over-excited. Basically, I was aghast at the overreaction to a common football chant, and the reaction of the PC brigade on Pasoti that ganged up on people who didn't agree with them, even though there was no evidence of their being offensive. When I told people that I lived in Croydon, and that living there might change your perception of society, I was accused of being a racist.
My posts were part humour and and piss-take, and a little bit of both irritation and very mild aggression at the hysteria and control on Pasoti.
But, I also backed this up with approval of Webb's statement so we can nip any potential problem of 'actual' racial chanting in the bud. I also tried to placate GnT, and said we were 'All Argyle fans' etc, and we should have sensible discussion, but he just blanked me. He was only interested in having a go at people who didn't agree with him. PC Dick. Basically, but as I am sure you all know anyway, Pasoti Mods, and certain other twats on there, are nice when it suits them, and you play on their words. I don't think they liked me accusing people of holding onto their mummy/apron strings - which is what Ptwatati is!
So that you know, I am not racist, but I am very un-PC, and very critical of what I see as PC pandering, and knee-jerk reactions to the issues of race, and things related. Too much, and it will take the fun out of football.
I was pissed off with the machinations of Pasoti anyway. It was boring and sterile, and any attempt at my lavatory humour (that Cerbera will know of from Exeweb) is just lost on them, but I hope it won't be lost on here. Well, I have brought my kettle and Breville sandwich toaster with me, because this is my new home! cheers

is that nools new name on pbay? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:25 pm

I know what you're saying about football going too PC Paul, I hate being told to sit down, not being able to smoke and stewards acting like thugs because they can get away with it.

The g*po thing is different though. Ok people my not have known it was racist to chant g*po at a player, whether he is a Gypsy or not, but I remember a while back we were rumoured to be interested in signing Freddie Eastwood, God that seems a million miles away now, and I don't think the people chanting g*po on Saturday would have done so as a term of endearment if he was an Argyle player. Which to me says that g*po was chanted as an insult, and it is a derogatory name. The fact that many people on Pasoti are still questioning their actions even though it has been pointed out that chanting g*po is racist, tells me that there is a long way to go in educating people.

I see it's now made the BBC website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now this will either make people sit up and take notice, or it will make them villify anyone who has had the balls to speak out the chanting even more. Will be interesting to see where this goes n ow, but personally I hope it just educates people. I am no IJN fan but at least he has been able to stick his hand up and say he wasn't aware of what is and what isn't racist regarding Gypys, and I don't suppose many other people would do fully either, but if anyone now does get educated and still continues to chant this stuff, or says they still will, then in my book that makes them racists.

Just to add, Alan Hansen called black people coloured on Match of the Day, and this is now not an accepted term. It was a totally innocent remark, and not so long ago calling black people coloured seemed to be the norm. It is difficult to know what is acceptable sometimes, and hopefully this will clear it all up.

Last edited by Greenjock on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:25 pm

This is on the BBC SPORTS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Where's Webby is 'sick to the pit of his stomach if anyone is being discriminated against'................ what about we freaks n weirdos ? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Where's Webby is 'sick to the pit of his stomach if anyone is being discriminated against'................ what about we freaks n weirdos ? Rolling Eyes

Don't forget the cowards Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle reported to FA for racism?
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next