Tringreen
Chemical Ali
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
argylepaul

argylepaul

Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 15:51

Greenjock wrote:
I know what you're saying about football going too PC Paul, I hate being told to sit down, not being able to smoke and stewards acting like thugs because they can get away with it.

The g*po thing is different though. Ok people my not have known it was racist to chant g*po at a player, whether he is a Gypsy or not, but I remember a while back we were rumoured to be interested in signing Freddie Eastwood, God that seems a million miles away now, and I don't think the people chanting g*po on Saturday would have done so as a term of endearment if he was an Argyle player. Which to me says that g*po was chanted as an insult, and it is a derogatory name. The fact that many people on Pasoti are still questioning their actions even though it has been pointed out that chanting g*po is racist, tells me that there is a long way to go in educating people.

I see it's now made the BBC website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now this will either make people sit up and take notice, or it will make them villify anyone who has had the balls to speak out the chanting even more. Will be interesting to see where this goes n ow, but personally I hope it just educates people. I am no IJN fan but at least he has been able to stick his hand up and say he wasn't aware of what is and what isn't racist regarding Gypys, and I don't suppose many other people would do fully either, but if anyone now does get educated and still continues to chant this stuff, or says they still will, then in my book that makes them racists.

Just to add, Alan Hansen called black people coloured on Match of the Day, and this is now not an accepted term. It was a totally innocent remark, and not so long ago calling black people coloured seemed to be the norm. It is difficult to know what is acceptable sometimes, and hopefully this will clear it all up.

Regarding Hansen, you could tell he realised what he had said. He did look really uncomfortable, and there was stunned silence from Lineker and Dixon.
It was an old-school remark, (said innocently by Hansen) that will very slowly disappear from society. I don't want to sound a hypocrite, but I did constantly post that the remark was just banter on Pasoti, but I did this more because I was incensed at the hysteria shown by people like GnT. It is one thing shouting down racist comment on there; it is another thing when you can't have an open debate on a serious issue, and posts get deleted, and people, like me, get banned, for no reason other then, somebody is exerting too much control. I was actually going to post IJN a PM, and apologise for any misunderstanding, as he seems a decent sort, and he is an Argyle fan...but I didn't get the chance. But. I suppose I overreacted, as I just hated the way they tried to control everything on there.
The issue of race is sometimes cut and dried: certain words are illegal and unacceptable; and other times, there is a grey area: just when does an innocuous playground or office remark become a racist slur.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 16:00

Totally agree Paul. And Ryan on pasoti has just posted that 90% of blocks 3&4 were chanting it so that means education is needed as they must not have known it was racist. Also shows that the chants were coming from fv if Chris tries denying that.

The racist chanting previously reported didn't seem to have any effect on Chris or the club, so hopefully this will without any punishment for the club.

Now if anyone does it again there is no excuse.
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 16:18

Greenjock wrote:
Totally agree Paul. And Ryan on pasoti has just posted that 90% of blocks 3&4 were chanting it so that means education is needed as they must not have known it was racist. Also shows that the chants were coming from fv if Chris tries denying that.

The racist chanting previously reported didn't seem to have any effect on Chris or the club, so hopefully this will without any punishment for the club.

90%?! I thought it was just 1 or 2 fans. As I didn't go to the match, I was basing it on the 1 or 2. 90% is different, and indicates exactly why chanting can't be seen to be getting out of hand. The Forza Verde thing (and its Ultra connotations) could be a Frankenstein's monster for Webb, if he can't get to grips with it. But, I am sure he well, otherwise he will look a tw@t.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 16:38

argylepaul wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

90%?! I thought it was just 1 or 2 fans. As I didn't go to the match, I was basing it on the 1 or 2. 90% is different, and indicates exactly why chanting can't be seen to be getting out of hand. The Forza Verde thing (and its Ultra connotations) could be a Frankenstein's monster for Webb, if he can't get to grips with it. But, I am sure he well, otherwise he will look a tw@t.

The guy is never wrong, cannot be questioned, he's a hero. He tw@tted yesterday, full of indignation, that the word 'ultras' had never been used in connection with salsa verde Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 17:24

argylepaul wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Well I wasn't at the game either, but this is the comment from Ryan Ferguson earlier today on Pasoti, and he seems to be one of the main FV regulars:

That is all! The club aren't going to be able to take action against 90% of people in blocks 3&4 who were chanting it!

Also if you missed it, Chris has stated that the word Ultras had never been used in conjuction with Forza Verde, but this thread would contradict that:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So although it can be brushed under the carpet on Pasoti, and many of the Big Dave's on there will still bow down whenever Chris Webb walks into a room, and ATD will always be called scum, freaks, weirdo's and cowards, there is always basis for the comments made on here. Chris Webb is great at taking the plaudits for anything that goes well, but has a selective memory whenever anything goes wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 17:30

The thread has been moved to opinions on Pasoti because

"We felt this was the correct move as the debate has been thrashed about on the Main Discussion Board for a couple of days and it was felt that this problem is more a reflection on society in general rather than Argyle specifically."Pasotimods

So it's a thread about something that happened at Home PArk, during a recent football match involving Plymouth Argyle fans and, in particular, the Devonport End. How that isn't specific to Argyle I honestly don't know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 17:33

I would agree with Ryan. Certainly more than 1 or 2. 1 or 2 blocks maybe. I was in 7 and there were people around me chanting Gyppo and Where's your caravan?. To the point where the player could clearly hear it and acknowledged it.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 17:34

wiki-leaker wrote:

"We felt this was the correct move as the debate has been thrashed about on the Main Discussion Board for a couple of days and it was felt that this problem is more a reflection on society in general rather than Argyle specifically."Pasotimods

So it's a thread about something that happened at Home PArk, during a recent football match involving Plymouth Argyle fans and, in particular, the Devonport End. How that isn't specific to Argyle I honestly don't know.

Sweep it under the carpet and it'll go away jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 17:36

I could hear it clearly from the far end of the Lyndhurst. Therefore the Southend fans would have heard it very clearly. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them have complained.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 17:45

Tim Chown wrote:
I could hear it clearly from the far end of the Lyndhurst. Therefore the Southend fans would have heard it very clearly. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them have complained.

I thought I heard the Southend fans chanting 'racists' (but could have been mistaken). I had a quick look at Shrimperzone but did not see any threads from Southend fans about the chants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 19:04

The chanting was overwhelmingly from the Devonport End and it was loud and easily heard probably throughout the ground. There were others sat in isolation to the Devonport End who shouted it out rather than join in the chanting bit. I know it is illegal before anyone posts that again but I genuinely believe the chanting was in ignorance rather than malice whereas the individuals scattered around were malice. I did not hear anything from the away end in response although not saying it didn't happen. I sit near the Devonport so when they are in full cry the opposition end tends to get drowned out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 19:14

It couldn't have looked good because Ryan has now removed his youtube clip of the "atmosphere"
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 20:07

Just found this video on youtube. Its about 1 min 40 in when the racist chanting starts.

Not good at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 20:16

I think it says it all when underneath the clip it says, "last 3 minutes of the game..." in a clip that lasts 5mins. 29secs. drunken Some rather excitable young men there.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 20:20

lawnmowerman wrote:
Just found this video on youtube. Its about 1 min 40 in when the racist chanting starts.

Not good at all.

Embarrassing. Education Education Education.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 20:24

argylepaul wrote:

I enjoyed it on Exeweb, and respected them, because it's their club. I never read the threads when Argyle were C/ship and they were BSP, but I can imagine it was purgatory for them. Now they are enjoying their brief moment in the sun. I don't feel inclined to go back there so much now, and as the Moral Police have banned me on Pasoti, this is where it will be at!

Are you actually banned as in can't login in, can't post....

If you are then that PROVES pasoti ban more people than they publish on the banned users board!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 20:27

Last three minuets? I didn't hear any Mozart.

'Get up you f***in gypsy'. No malice there, then.

An embarrassment to the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 20:28

Just a bit of banter and the guy himself loved it lol!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 20:35

I probably shouldn't be shocked at how entrenched the PC gone mad brigade are about this but I am. If there is anybody out there who is genuinely confused and doesn't understand how the gippo thing is racist or how it differs from somebody being ginger or whatever then I'm at a loss. I suppose it never has been possible to educate pork.

Anyway this is almost relevant and is quite funny. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 20:56

Peggy wrote:
Last three minuets? I didn't hear any Mozart.

'Get up you f***in gypsy'. No malice there, then.

An embarrassment to the club.

This.

It's the venom in the voice as it's screamed at him. Banter, my arse.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 20:57

Banter is good humoured. Abuse is nasty. How can they get muddled up?
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 20:58

Yea Man wrote:
argylepaul wrote:

I enjoyed it on Exeweb, and respected them, because it's their club. I never read the threads when Argyle were C/ship and they were BSP, but I can imagine it was purgatory for them. Now they are enjoying their brief moment in the sun. I don't feel inclined to go back there so much now, and as the Moral Police have banned me on Pasoti, this is where it will be at!

Are you actually banned as in can't login in, can't post....

If you are then that PROVES pasoti ban more people than they publish on the banned users board!

Yes. Banned. Can't log in. Puerile on their part. Still waiting for my right of reply, as to why I am banned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 21:02

wiki-leaker wrote:

So racism at Home Park gets relegated to the least-viewed of all the boards, while a thread about Pasties at Home Park stays on the main board. WTF are they playing at?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 21:07

Excuse me for being slightly confused here Sir Francis but you have sort of slung a bit of righteous indignation at posters on here on this thread who have dared to venture an opinion that the chanting was not in their opinion done in malice but more in ignorance. You think the blog you have posted on the above post is "funny" when the blogger quite clearly intimates that he has stood behind a goal with other yobs and sung "Where's your Caravan to the long haired g*po centre half". Erm!!!!!! Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 21:08

Well with that and Ponty's p*ki comment you do have to wonder. Definitely not Pasoti's finest hour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle reported to FA for racism?
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next