Coxside_Green
LondonGreen
Tringreen
Chemical Ali
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle reported to FA for racism? Empty
PostSubject: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anybody heard anything on here that doesn't/can't post on Pasoti?

That's all we need if it is indeed true.

Seems to stem from a "g*po" chant coming from Forza Crapa, hopefully somebody is on a wind up or that could seriously screw up any slim chance of surviving relegation if we get fined/docked points.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:23 pm

The thread has been pulled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:23 pm

And as if by magic the threads have been removed by the gods of pBay!!

What the linked post refered to was a rumour that Argyle had been reported to the FA for racist chanting after a section of the home support chanted "G*po" chants at a Southend player.

Quite a big debate on it before both threads were removed, although I suppose these posts may aswell be deleted now to! lol!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:25 pm

The gist of the thread was a poster called GnT (who used to run RotG? apparently) reported the anti gypsy chanting to Kick It Out (the body campaigning against racism,homophobia etc in football).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:30 pm

So it will be pull up the ladder time for the uber fans and I can just see the denials being trotted out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:30 pm

I was actually just reading it when it magically disappeared. I'd only got to page 2. I must admit that me and mates commented on this when it was happening but in some defence to it the player was almost encouraging it himself and playing to the gallery. It is misguided to get into this sort of thing these days although I am certain this was not meant in a racist way but more as a joke. The player appeared to take it as a joke and was laughing at it and making gestures back. By definition it has to be said it was racist chanting but taken in context wasn't intended as that. Lets see what the PC brigade make of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:34 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I was actually just reading it when it magically disappeared. I'd only got to page 2. I must admit that me and mates commented on this when it was happening but in some defence to it the player was almost encouraging it himself and playing to the gallery. It is misguided to get into this sort of thing these days although I am certain this was not meant in a racist way but more as a joke. The player appeared to take it as a joke and was laughing at it and making gestures back. By definition it has to be said it was racist chanting but taken in context wasn't intended as that. Lets see what the PC brigade make of it.

I just don't think Kick it out or the FA will see it as banter.

It's the same as calling someone a "n**ger" or "p*ki" as a chant it just wouldn't be tolerated yet "g*po" seems to be a greenlight.

Can see this biting us on the arse if it is investigated even if the player didn't care, there may have been "g*po's" in the crowd who took offence.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:36 pm

I think I read somewhere that Andy Carroll was targetted for Gypsy chanting (not sure where) and those chanting were threatened with ejection from the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:40 pm

I think all of this is so pathetic.

1) Pasoti not letting us read the thread anymore.

2) This incident being reported

It's a bit of banter, no one cares when someone chants 'You fat bastard' do they? Just some saddo on pasoti trying to cause an argument. The atmosphere was pretty decent today, then it gets ruined by this.

If we were to lose points over this stupid thing then i'd be pretty hacked off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:40 pm

It got far worse as it went on Sensible. Absolutely incredible views from the majority of Pasoti about how the guy who reported the chanting was an idiot etc. It was like going back in time as one after another made excuses and explained how chanting Gypo to a Tunisian was Ok because it was just banter, and Ryan Ferguson even said it was Ok because at Leicester every away teams fans chants "You're just a town full of Pa**s

Then GnT started a thread sarcastically called Lets all condone racism and chanting Gypo or something like that, and that was removed as well.

If anyone ever needed proof of how Pasoti operates, with the deletion of these threads rather than make a statement against racism, well here it is.

The thing is Yea Man, all the proof just went up in smoke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:43 pm

monti wrote:

It's a bit of banter, no one cares when someone chants 'You fat bastard' do they? Just some saddo on pasoti trying to cause an argument. The atmosphere was pretty decent today, then it gets ruined by this.

Thats as maybe Monti but chanting Gypo is racist chanting, and G n T provided a link showing it and was still shouted down and all evidence removed. There are lots of things we don't like and agree with, but if someone tells you you're breaking the law and people keep doing it, then they are stupid. If it was reported and someone read that thread the shit would have hit the fan, so the mods delete it, just like that.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Run by hypocrites for village dimwits. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:48 pm

It's a topical issue at the moment. If the filing of a report about this is true and the media get a sniff of it, the proverbial may hit the fan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:49 pm

The mods over there are awful.

Standing up at footballs illegal? It still happens though and i'll still stand up at every away game i go to, Nothings going to change there... Am i really 'breaking the law'?

Is calling someone fat illegal? Where do we draw a line? Spotty okay? What about insulting someone because they have Curly hair?

Football's becoming too PC, theres a line and i dont think the line was crossed today.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:56 pm

monti wrote:

Sorry, disagree strongly with 2). It's a pity somebody had to eventually report an incident but if it doesn't get reported it continues. Webby, as organiser of FV, has ignored recent issues for far too long now, it's time he 'stepped up'! If the cost of reporting is a points deduction then sobeit, GnT has my support if ever the dogs should be unleashed.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Nonsense. Nothing to do with being PC at all. So he's a "Gippo" because he has long hair? Do gypsies have long hair? Is there any link to this at all? No. It is racist because it hones in on a specific group and ascribes negative values to them en masse regardless as to what they say or do or even if it is relevant (which in this case it wasn't).

More to the point it is down to decisions. He chooses to have long hair. Slag him off for that. It is a choice. If he was a Gypsy (which he wasn't) by heritage it is not a choice that he has made but a facet of his being over which he has no choice. It's not hard to figure out and PC has nothing to do with it. Do you belittle people with cerebral palsy as "flids"? If not why not it makes just as much sense.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:02 pm

monti wrote:
The mods over there are awful.

Standing up at footballs illegal? It still happens though and i'll still stand up at every away game i go to, Nothings going to change there... Am i really 'breaking the law'?

Is calling someone fat illegal? Where do we draw a line? Spotty okay? What about insulting someone because they have Curly hair?

Football's becoming too PC, theres a line and i dont think the line was crossed today.

Fat? Maybe. Depends. Is it a lifestyle choice (fair game) or a genetic condition (out of order)? How can you tell at a glance which is which? Likewise the rest. What if spotty was a sign of measles or meningitis? People die of both. Take the piss all you want. I wouldn't. Curly hair? Why not ginger hair? No hair? Short hair? I can't even begin to grasp why anybody would be so dim as to go down that route.

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:03 pm

I agree with monti that taken in context this would seem to be a bit OTT and pathetic but I also agree that in this PC world we now live in others may not see it as a joke.

The player almost encouraged it with his responses which is probably why it continued. He had a grin from ear to ear everytime it went up and was even making gestures with his long hair back. There was no real malice in the chanting whatsoever as I said before and I am positive there were not real racist overtones in it. It was in the "You fat bastard" category of chanting rather than anything else. But, if taken as words alone without context then it is going to be seen as racist and is going to be a bit hard to defend. I would hope the player would knock it on the head if he can because he was absolutely not offended by it as could be plainly seen.

As can be seen by the above post as is normal, if you make any observation that it simply may not have had racist overtones despite the words then of course any defence of it must make you a racist too. I repeat "this PC world" where nothing is sayable about anything because of course it must be intended to offend. The player himself must be racist as he was amused by it so lets charge him as well for laughing.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I agree with monti that taken in context this would seem to be a bit OTT and pathetic but I also agree that in this PC world we now live in others may not see it as a joke.

The player almost encouraged it with his responses which is probably why it continued. He had a grin from ear to ear everytime it went up and was even making gestures with his long hair back. There was no real malice in the chanting whatsoever as I said before and I am positive there were not real racist overtones in it. It was in the "You fat bastard" category of chanting rather than anything else. But, if taken as words alone without context then it is going to be seen as racist and is going to be a bit hard to defend. I would hope the player would knock it on the head if he can because he was absolutely not offended by it as could be plainly seen.

As can be seen by the above post as is normal, if you make any observation that it simply may not have had racist overtones despite the words then of course any defence of it must make you a racist too. I repeat "this PC world" where nothing is sayable about anything because of course it must be intended to offend. The player himself must be racist as he was amused by it so lets charge him as well for laughing.

Rubbish from start to end.

I have explained it once, twice actually, and can't be arsed to do it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:06 pm

I agree with what you're saying in principal, SFD. But realisticly its just not true, I would bet my house that in your lifetime you have looked at someone and thought to yourself 'i dont like what he's wearing, his hair is strange' or something along the lines of that.

Footballs different, i change into a different person! Have you never shouted at a ref? Or shouted at a player? Honestly..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Nonsense. Nothing to do with being PC at all. So he's a "Gippo" because he has long hair? Do gypsies have long hair? Is there any link to this at all? No. It is racist because it hones in on a specific group and ascribes negative values to them en masse regardless as to what they say or do or even if it is relevant (which in this case it wasn't).

More to the point it is down to decisions. He chooses to have long hair. Slag him off for that. It is a choice. If he was a Gypsy (which he wasn't) by heritage it is not a choice that he has made but a facet of his being over which he has no choice. It's not hard to figure out and PC has nothing to do with it. Do you belittle people with cerebral palsy as "flids"? If not why not it makes just as much sense.

Well said Franny. The gypsy thing seems to be the racism of choice at football matches these days. Caroll was abused all game from the Mayflower the last time Newcastle played down here. Kick it out.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:09 pm

monti wrote:
I agree with what you're saying in principal, SFD. But realisticly its just not true, I would bet my house that in your lifetime you have looked at someone and thought to yourself 'i dont like what he's wearing, his hair is strange' or something along the lines of that.

Footballs different, i change into a different person! Have you never shouted at a ref? Or shouted at a player? Honestly..

Of course I have. Not because of something as irrelevant as something nobody could ever change. For cheating? For a poor decision? Yes. Never simply because they play for the other team or are a referee though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:10 pm

And just to show what an absolute shower Pasoti is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:12 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Well said Franny. The gypsy thing seems to be the racism of choice at football matches these days. Caroll was abused all game from the Mayflower the last time Newcastle played down here. Kick it out.

I quite agree. Kick it out. Kick all of it out. No half measures. Racism, sexism, homophobia and any other kind of prejudice too. Judge people by what they choose to do and not what they have no control over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Lets all just live in a humourless sterile world where nothing can be said about anything then. I don't care what you say, there are times when things said are meant as humourous banter and times when said in hatred. There was an exchange between some posters last night, me included, that stereotyped Glaswegian diet aimed at greenjock. I think he took it in good part as it was intended but in your world it is clearly racism. Should it have been moded and because it is still there why wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle reported to FA for racism?
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next