Coxside_Green
LondonGreen
Tringreen
Chemical Ali
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Block4Green wrote:
We have never been under investigation for racism before, we aint liverpool. lets just hope this one guy never returns to home park.

It's not one guy.

There's been 5 or 6 incidents at home/away games this season, plus the incident on the YouTube video, and of course the "caravan" chant.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:56 pm

I may be being rather pedantic, but why was there/does there need to be a statement from the "Trust" on this matter?

The "Trust" is a group that represents SOME PAFC supporters, it hopefully has a constitution or some such thing that makes clear it's aims and policies, part of which should be that it does not condone racism.

Essentially, we are talking about a small number of people who broke the law while in Home Park, and this is a matter, quite rightly, for the club alone to deal with.

Headlines like today's WMN "Trust to assist with Home Park Investigation" give the impression that the Trust are at least partially responsible for policing the ground.

Are we going to see reports in the future along the lines of "Trust ISC members to breathalyse fans suspected of having a drink or two?" "Trust to take over stewarding at Home Park" or even "Trust to ban fans who don't join in chanting when told to"

Is this elevation of the "trust" to something it isn't and never should be (i.e. an arm of PAFC) a deliberate action by the owners of the club to evade resposibility and divert questions?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:18 pm

I suspect the WMN headline arose from the fact that it was a Trust member who reported the Lyndhurst incident on Saturday.

As such, he was just doing what I would hope other fans would do in his place, if we truly want to see this behaviour eliminated from HP.

Woz is in touch with Kick It Out through the contact that Andy passed to me. We'll pass on news as we have it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Having read all eight pages of this thread can I just say that there have been some brilliant posts on the subject, I can't say as I agree with all that has been said but that is the nature of forums,

No one has had any abuse for stating their views but then again this is ATD --- freaks,scum,weirdo's, etc
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I know what you're saying about football going too PC Paul, I hate being told to sit down, not being able to smoke and stewards acting like thugs because they can get away with it.

The g*po thing is different though. Ok people my not have known it was racist to chant g*po at a player, whether he is a Gypsy or not, but I remember a while back we were rumoured to be interested in signing Freddie Eastwood, God that seems a million miles away now, and I don't think the people chanting g*po on Saturday would have done so as a term of endearment if he was an Argyle player. Which to me says that g*po was chanted as an insult, and it is a derogatory name. The fact that many people on Pasoti are still questioning their actions even though it has been pointed out that chanting g*po is racist, tells me that there is a long way to go in educating people.

I see it's now made the BBC website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now this will either make people sit up and take notice, or it will make them villify anyone who has had the balls to speak out the chanting even more. Will be interesting to see where this goes n ow, but personally I hope it just educates people. I am no IJN fan but at least he has been able to stick his hand up and say he wasn't aware of what is and what isn't racist regarding Gypys, and I don't suppose many other people would do fully either, but if anyone now does get educated and still continues to chant this stuff, or says they still will, then in my book that makes them racists.

Just to add, Alan Hansen called black people coloured on Match of the Day, and this is now not an accepted term. It was a totally innocent remark, and not so long ago calling black people coloured seemed to be the norm. It is difficult to know what is acceptable sometimes, and hopefully this will clear it all up.

Just to add to the Hansen comment, again i think it was over reaction by the press, Hansen thought he was being polite by saying coloureds, and there is nothing wrong with that, i prefer being called black, but my 74 year old dad prefers being called coloured, its a generation thing, no offence meant, no offence caused, a typical highlighted mistake from a few do gooders, who have nothing better to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:03 pm

A post on the Pasoti admin board in reply to John P. Do I detect a little bit of a dig at ATD in the bit in bold or am I just reading into it too much?

"The word 'g*po' has not been swearchecked out, neither has other racists words, that are used by bigots.

This decision was taken quite a while ago, as we want to be told by other users of this website, via the ' ! button' at the bottom right hand of each and every post.

If that word is used in the correct context (as yours has been), no action will be taken, if that is not the case, the person using a racist word, will be banned from this site FOR LIFE.

We feel that no further statement needs to be made, as THIS site has been against racism from day one, and unlike others, has not harbored such people.

Site Admin."
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Yea Man wrote:
A post on the Pasoti admin board in reply to John P. Do I detect a little bit of a dig at ATD in the bit in bold or am I just reading into it too much?

"The word 'g*po' has not been swearchecked out, neither has other racists words, that are used by bigots.

This decision was taken quite a while ago, as we want to be told by other users of this website, via the ' ! button' at the bottom right hand of each and every post.

If that word is used in the correct context (as yours has been), no action will be taken, if that is not the case, the person using a racist word, will be banned from this site FOR LIFE.

We feel that no further statement needs to be made, as THIS site has been against racism from day one, and unlike others, has not harbored such people.

Site Admin."

It's what they do best my friend. A closed shop,edited, removed re written. Very sad people.

The gene pool is limited and reflects the problem. What problem ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Site Admin."

Thats brilliant Razz if you have been reading the whole issue on Pasoti, when they haven't deleted the whole thread!, there have been dozens of Big Dave's saying how calling someone a g*po isn't racist, and even saying that if John Terry called Anton Ferdinand a black bastard nor is that, because last time he looked Anton Ferdinand was black Razz

There were also youtube clips of the "atmosphere" posted on Pasoti praising the singing from Saturday, quickly removed by the person who posted it when he realised it showed hundreds of people chanting racist abuse, and abuse hurled at the person/persons who reported the racist chanting, and not a thing said by the mods. Oh but now they would be sick to the pits of their stomachs if someone was abused on their site for having the guts to report racism.

Pasoti is dying on it's ass and the mods are the biggest problem on the site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:16 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Site Admin."

Thats brilliant Razz if you have been reading the whole issue on Pasoti, when they haven't deleted the whole thread!, there have been dozens of Big Dave's saying how calling someone a g*po isn't racist, and even saying that if John Terry called Anton Ferdinand a black bastard nor is that, because last time he looked Anton Ferdinand was black Razz

There were also youtube clips of the "atmosphere" posted on Pasoti praising the singing from Saturday, quickly removed by the person who posted it when he realised it showed hundreds of people chanting racist abuse, and abuse hurled at the person/persons who reported the racist chanting, and not a thing said by the mods. Oh but now they would be sick to the pits of their stomachs if someone was abused on their site for having the guts to report racism.

And don't forget the "ex" mods Wink lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:19 pm

[quote="Greenjock"]
Yea Man wrote:

Site Admin."

Pasoti is dying on it's ass and the mods are the biggest problem on the site. [/quote
...........................................................................................................................................
Pasoti = Village.............. witchfinders, straw dogs and blatant 'doubleuntruthsayers' ! jocolor posted by Tringreen Embarassed

Last edited by Tringreen on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Site Admin."

Don't you mean ex-mods who DEFINITELY aren't still mods, who aren't going to post anymore but feel the need to comment every now and again, or 5 minutes whichever is the longer, and also have to comment sometimes when someone posts a question on Contact the Admin?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:28 pm

I think its an attack on GnT who was involved in the old RotG site. That will teach him for bringing the whole subject up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Site Admin."

Don't you mean ex-mods who DEFINITELY aren't still mods, who aren't going to post anymore but feel the need to comment every now and again, or 5 minutes whichever is the longer, and also have to comment sometimes when someone posts a question on Contact the Admin?

Yeah that's the ones. Similar to the people who have a tantrum about auctions and doing a Webby and throwing the toys out the pram, only to return a week later with more stuff up for Nickk to buy to auction.?? lol!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:33 pm

It could also be a dig at Rub of the Greens as when this was first raised the pasoti Mods were more interested in whether G'n'T ran that site than the racist posts being made on their site.

Their handling of the issue has been quite poor and a number of high profile posters (John Petrie, Gareth N) have alluded as such. The lack of action on Saturday night (other than remove the offending thread) just followed the 'sweep it under the carpet attitude'.

Reading Exeweb (banter base) even they criticise the handling of this by pasoti "compared to ATD who are years ahead in thinking".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:34 pm

And a big ATD welcome to our newest registered user IJN.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Ha ha ! some retarded keyboard warrior from Stonehouse, no doubt,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Site Admin."

Sadly, the bit in bold just isn't true. One example is a poster 'coathypafc'. He's currently serving a 2 year football banning order and is a member of the EDL. He's the guy who tried to organise a collection on pasoti to raise money to buy back Reidy's FA Cup Medal for him at the auction.

When the first debates about racism started up a few weeks ago, I made a comment about some of the younger supporters posting racist stuff on Twitter. To his credit, IJN texted me asking for more details as, he said, the Mods like to keep an eye on that sort of thing. I gave him the info he wanted, so he knows that there are pasoti posters who are spreading racism. And the current racism debate on there shows me that, actually, there are plenty who harbour racist views. Lets see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Site Admin."

Sadly, the bit in bold just isn't true. One example is a poster 'coathypafc'. He's currently serving a 2 year football banning order and is a member of the EDL. He's the guy who tried to organise a collection on pasoti to raise money to buy back Reidy's FA Cup Medal for him at the auction.

When the first debates about racism started up a few weeks ago, I made a comment about some of the younger supporters posting racist stuff on Twitter. To his credit, IJN texted me asking for more details as, he said, the Mods like to keep an eye on that sort of thing. I gave him the info he wanted, so he knows that there are pasoti posters who are spreading racism. And the current racism debate on there shows me that, actually, there are plenty who harbour racist views. Lets see what happens.

Plymouth, with a 'sort of' city culture has always been naive/racist. This would appear to be down to the city's relative islolation. I remember travelling just once on a supporters' coach to Forest for an FA Cup tie in the early 70's. As we were travelling through Nottingham there were a few black people walking nearby. The locals on the bus banged on the windows' played with their lips and scratched their armpits ! Even then I knew it was totally wrong .
By the way, the day got worse. We lost for a change and I got left behind in Bromsgrove.Went for a quick pint while the bus driver was looking for Bromsgrove A&E to collect a couple of lads, beaten up at a service station by Bristol Rovers morons. Had to get the milk train home from Brum New St ! Bleddy Argo !

Last edited by Tringreen on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:59 pm

Greenjock wrote:

I think that's someone taking the mick, there's already an Ian Newell registered here but has never posted!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Site Admin."

Well, Andy, let's hope Pasoti are on the case as strongly as we are ... there is no earthly reason why they shouldn't be, and I have never seen any reason to doubt that IJN would want this problem gone as much as we do. I think we all have a common bond over this issue.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I think that's someone taking the mick, there's already an Ian Newell registered here but has never posted!

There's plenty of crap going on mate and we're supposed to be keyboard warriors, freaks n weirdos Rolling Eyes

You couldn't make it up lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I quite agree. Kick it out. Kick all of it out. No half measures. Racism, sexism, homophobia and any other kind of prejudice too. Judge people by what they choose to do and not what they have no control over.

An interesting statement there Frank. Are you saying people who choose to have long hair are fair game for abuse ?..... and if so, fair game for what ?
What has choice got to do with anything ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm

I think I've given up now on the pasoti thread. There's only so many times you can state "it was racist as defined by law".

I do hope some good comes out of this. I know IJN gets a lot of abuse on here but he's been brave enough on that thread to state he disagreed with what happened.

It's a shame we have so many "fans" who feel it's acceptable and a laugh to abuse someone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Erm........if you look on his choir thread for the songsters he posted on Sunday that they had all done very well. Not a mention of any chanting and yet he admits to have heard it on the day. It came from the direction of his choir and anyone in the ground would have know who was chanting. In fact there isn't amention on that forum of any chanting at all. Contradictions abound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:34 pm

wiki-leaker wrote:
I think I've given up now on the pasoti thread. There's only so many times you can state "it was racist as defined by law".

I do hope some good comes out of this. I know IJN gets a lot of abuse on here but he's been brave enough on that thread to state he disagreed with what happened.

It's a shame we have so many "fans" who feel it's acceptable and a laugh to abuse someone.

I saw how hard you tried to get it through some thick skulls Razz These are the type of people who think it's ok to have a few beers then drive home because they think the drink driving laws are too strict and they know for a fact they can drink 4 Stellas and still be able to drive just as well as when they haven't drank a drop. Like to see them use that excuse in a court of law.

Leave them to it. Let them chant g*po at the next home game. It's a ridiculous law, it's the PC brigade gone mad, but they can't deny knowing the law know so leave them to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle reported to FA for racism?
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next