LondonGreen
Tringreen
Chemical Ali
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Is it fear that now the national media have got wind of this that pasoti will be viewed by a wider audience?

The pasoti agreement needs to be advertised on the main board- or a link to it - as some will have skimmed it when signing in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I probably shouldn't be shocked at how entrenched the PC gone mad brigade are about this but I am. If there is anybody out there who is genuinely confused and doesn't understand how the gippo thing is racist or how it differs from somebody being ginger or whatever then I'm at a loss. I suppose it never has been possible to educate pork.

In an amazing coincidence, the Panorama programme on cyber bullying featured a pop star who's been abused because her mother's a Roma gypsy.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Where did that asterix come from? PC gone mad I tell you.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Education,i have never seen a long haired Gypsy.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Excuse me for being slightly confused here Sir Francis but you have sort of slung a bit of righteous indignation at posters on here on this thread who have dared to venture an opinion that the chanting was not in their opinion done in malice but more in ignorance. You think the blog you have posted on the above post is "funny" when the blogger quite clearly intimates that he has stood behind a goal with other yobs and sung "Where's your Caravan to the long haired g*po centre half". Erm!!!!!! Am I missing something?

Yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:22 pm

So it's funny if a blogger does it at another football ground but not funny if it's done at Home Park and I'm missing something. What exactly have I missed because that does appear what you are saying in your post.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
So it's funny if a blogger does it at another football ground but not funny if it's done at Home Park and I'm missing something. What exactly have I missed because that does appear what you are saying in your post.

Is there even a remote possibility that that person is a successful writer passing on tips?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:38 pm

I get it now. If I want to be a successful writer I should stand in the Devonport End and sing racist songs. Good tip there I will remember that if I ever aspire. And of course it's funny because he wrote it and he is successful and therefore not a racist moron. Thanks for the explanation it's helped me greatly to understand where I was going wrong before.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Would love to see what they would sing at Ekotto with his fine thatch
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:01 pm

If you think Gypsy chanting is not racist remember thousands died in Nazi concentration camps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 pm

I don't think anyone on here is saying that racist chants are ok. I would doubt that many if any who were chanting on Saturday would have any concept about who died in a concentration camp 70 years ago. It's very sad that something that probably started out as somebodies idea of banter, as misplaced as it may be, has ended up like this with the club or rather supporters of Argyle in disrepute. I've said previously that I heard the general chanting from the Devonport end and isolated people shouting different sorts of abuse from other parts of the ground. What I didn't hear because I'm not sat in the middle of it was individuals in the Devonport end shouting stuff that is evident on the youtube vid. I think this started out as a general chant without any malice intended or thought that it might be racist but then some individuals got carried away. This is not unusual given the general age group of that end who I think are mostly younger people. I may be wrong there but it looks like that from where I sit. Just because I don't think it was started with malice does not make me a racist or that I condone it. It is an observation only from being there on the day. The youtube clip has been posted on PASOTI now and I think some on there were like me unaware of the individual shouts from the Devonport end and are less defending of it in general. I say defending but most like me on there didn't think it was meant maliciously and it was misplaced rather than that. IJN commented that "sounds like one young individual". Now that if I may say without this becoming an IJN bash is rather blinkered. Quite clearly it is more than one and quite clearly it is not part of the chanting. This is an attempt of course to defend his mate the President who has had a bit of bashing because the choir is his baby. The whole thing is something that got out of hand as far as I can see with ignorant people taking things further probably to be noticed as one of the herd. What IJN should be saying along with the choir master is banter of this kind is simply not allowed and should not be entered into again. People I would hope would learn a lesson from this and heed those words. The misguided will have learned a lesson they will not repeat and if they do repeat it having been properly advised then should get the full weight of whatever is thrown at them. An appology from the club should end it along with an appology statement from a fans forum.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Nobody who chanted or shouted anything at that player did so to encourage him. Every single one of them was deliberately trying to slag him off. They weren't yelling "Gippo" in an attempt to make friends with him. They may not have thought it racist, although it certainly and definably in law was, but they fully intended to insult. There is no defence for any of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Unless you are a successful journo of course............
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:49 pm

It seems that you haven't got your head around that one at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:54 pm

Once again sensible lives up to his name. This will rumble on and on but I reckon we've all made our feelings clear and on the whole have had good honest debate with no hint of the pasoti style of abusing anyone with a different viewpoint and just said was has been said since the first reports of racist chants at argyle.

I don't believe anyone can be accused of jumping on the bandwagon or unnecessary blame being attached to Chris Webb or forza verde, just pointing out that since it's inception the reports have got more frequent, and that tagging the group as ultras was never the best of ideas.

What has disappointed me is that unless there has been a statement tonight condemning any kind of racism, the club has not done a lot considering the reports started before xmas. I may well be wrong and they could have been taking action a long time ago and haven't been advertising it, but I think they missed the chance to nip it in the bud right at the start.

I'm quite proud of the way it has been handled on here, so swiftly and unequivocally condemning it and reporting it and discussing it openly, and quite rightly challenging the club president about it to see what the club was doing about it, and also making sure anyone who has any racist tendencies, what the argyle talk stance on racism is.

Hopefully with the subject gaining so much attention this week, these things will now not occur at home park or anywhere else argyle fans travel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Instead of getting on your little moral high horse perhaps you should explain it to me then cause it certainly looks like you think the blogger is funny who admits to singing the same thing the Devonport end was. Evading that doesn't answer the question however clever the little quips are.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I don't think anyone on here is saying that racist chants are ok. I would doubt that many if any who were chanting on Saturday would have any concept about who died in a concentration camp 70 years ago. It's very sad that something that probably started out as somebodies idea of banter, as misplaced as it may be, has ended up like this with the club or rather supporters of Argyle in disrepute. I've said previously that I heard the general chanting from the Devonport end and isolated people shouting different sorts of abuse from other parts of the ground. What I didn't hear because I'm not sat in the middle of it was individuals in the Devonport end shouting stuff that is evident on the youtube vid. I think this started out as a general chant without any malice intended or thought that it might be racist but then some individuals got carried away. This is not unusual given the general age group of that end who I think are mostly younger people. I may be wrong there but it looks like that from where I sit. Just because I don't think it was started with malice does not make me a racist or that I condone it. It is an observation only from being there on the day. The youtube clip has been posted on PASOTI now and I think some on there were like me unaware of the individual shouts from the Devonport end and are less defending of it in general. I say defending but most like me on there didn't think it was meant maliciously and it was misplaced rather than that. IJN commented that "sounds like one young individual". Now that if I may say without this becoming an IJN bash is rather blinkered. Quite clearly it is more than one and quite clearly it is not part of the chanting. This is an attempt of course to defend his mate the President who has had a bit of bashing because the choir is his baby. The whole thing is something that got out of hand as far as I can see with ignorant people taking things further probably to be noticed as one of the herd. What IJN should be saying along with the choir master is banter of this kind is simply not allowed and should not be entered into again. People I would hope would learn a lesson from this and heed those words. The misguided will have learned a lesson they will not repeat and if they do repeat it having been properly advised then should get the full weight of whatever is thrown at them. An appology from the club should end it along with an appology statement from a fans forum.

You stated you won't read any PM's, so the private, discreet route is out to me.

Can I politely say that I enjoy what you write, but it is so very difficult to read without paragraphs.

Maybe its an age thing on my part?

I guess I am asking you if you could use some here and there?

Sorry.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Don't appologise Rickler. I only got as far as fullstops and Capital letters to start sentences before I left school and went to work up a chimney at the age of 8. I will try to do better.

Sorry there I go again. I will try to do better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Peggy wrote:
Last three minuets? I didn't hear any Mozart.

'Get up you f***in gypsy'. No malice there, then.

An embarrassment to the club.

And the kid was, what, 10 years old?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Instead of getting on your little moral high horse perhaps you should explain it to me then cause it certainly looks like you think the blogger is funny who admits to singing the same thing the Devonport end was. Evading that doesn't answer the question however clever the little quips are.

That piece is a very clever spoof of a poor football blog - bad spelling, lack of grammar and all. The sort of thing the person heard on the video shouting 'f***ing gypsy' would probably be proud of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Tim Chown wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Last three minuets? I didn't hear any Mozart.

'Get up you f***in gypsy'. No malice there, then.

An embarrassment to the club.

And the kid was, what, 10 years old?

I wondered if it might be a woman/girl. If not, certainly no sign of anything dropping anytime soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:13 pm

And I would just like to add can sir Francis drake explain yourself to sensible instead of hinting, so that my last statement doesn't seem like a pile of crap. I can't open the link about the blog on my phone so I can't judge if you're being sarcastic or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Peggy wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

That piece is a very clever spoof of a poor football blog - bad spelling, lack of grammar and all. The sort of thing the person heard on the video shouting 'f***ing gypsy' would probably be proud of.

Listening again, you can hear an older person shout 'get up you f***ing gypsy' before the kid copies him immediately afterwards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:21 pm

Thank you Peggy I now get that it was a spoof. There that was quite easy in the end because quite clearly I didn't get the spoof bit but do now. That's all it took and greenjock can go to bed a happier bunny for it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:32 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Thank you Peggy I now get that it was a spoof. There that was quite easy in the end because quite clearly I didn't get the spoof bit but do now. That's all it took and greenjock can go to bed a happier bunny for it.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day but teach him to fish and he'll never go hungry. I thought it was so obviously satirical that you were winding me up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle reported to FA for racism?   Argyle reported to FA for racism? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle reported to FA for racism?
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next