Greenskin
PlymptonPilgrim
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Nick

Nick

Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:20 pm

Interpol and First Aid Kit earlier, followed by a bit of Neil Young to rock the baby to sleep (I've convinced myself she likes Neil Young), all accompanied by a few cans of Scrumpy Jack. Just to make a change.

Fighting hard to make it past half ten before hitting the hay. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Drinking cider, just for a change and listening to The Rifles. I always listen to The Who Cerbs, and there's nothing like them, but every now and again I try and catch up with new music Razz . If you haven't tried them Cerbs, give them a listen. Their new album Freedom Run is very mod orientated and Paul Weller guests on guitar on one track.

The Rifles, brilliant!

Love them.

Currently the rest of the family are in bed and the second bottle is open, "I woke up in a Soho doorway a policeman knew my name......"

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:55 pm

The missus is home from work, she's having chicken and chips and branston pickle. I'm only allowed to listen to The Who when she's not around. She's a total heathen.

You can go sleep at home tonight if you can get up and walk away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 pm

She needs educating.....

Love rain on me, LOVE, rain on me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Cerbera wrote:
She needs educating.....

Love rain on me, LOVE, rain on me.

She needs a good slap. We went to see Muse at the Royal Albert Hall, part of the teenage cancer charity gigs Daltrey organises and there was The Who VW camper parked outside, and she said it was ok but the paintwork spoiled it!

http://www.loxlee-loves-engines.com/the-whos-vw-camper-van-the-magic-bus/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Spent the evening listening to Moby and drinking dandelion & burdock. The bar had only four of us in so I closed down early and came home to a cup of tea and a listen to Rabat Andalusia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:23 pm

The One Show and fancy a cup of Bovril!!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Just had a Bovril Very Happy . Now on to the Bulmers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Greenjock wrote:
How the Brits rocked America on BBC4 now, repeated later if anyone wants to watch or record it. Love BBC4 music shows, but it's followed by an Elton John night Shocked

Friday night is brilliant for music on BBC 4, I tune in most weeks for that.

Last edited by GOB on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Surprise surprise.

Green tea with lemon. 5Live.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:47 pm

A bottle of Red and this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV0iol3HbeY

Seven minutes of chilled out French brilliance. afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Love BBC4 music shows, but it's followed by an Elton John night Shocked
[/quote]
When I was younger I understood some things and not others.
I know for certain now , Elton John is tomorrow's Elgar.......... unfortunate, but true. And as some excrutiating BBC catching up with society item mentioned a few a weeks ago, Frank Sinatra and the crooners will be tomorrow's American clasical music...... well, welcome to planet Earth BBC.... at last.
Personally, I always always loved a good live version of Frank.... we won't mention the Nelson Riddle swing. Quite a lot of youngsters playing swing in their school bands .... especially West of the Tamar.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:04 pm

Can't beat Frank Sinatra - especially with the Basie Band.

Nobody beats him for phrasing sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Phrasing, diction ? ... next we'll have Chill on here.
Actually, it's Friday night, I think Chill should pop on here and give us outcasts a bit of his muso philosophy .... I would be interested to hear his thoughts on tone.... and where all us animals fit in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Actually the Elton John stuff was good last Friday. Forgot how much good stuff he did before the 80's Razz

BBC4 from 9PM tonight again for me. When the Brits Rocked America, and for a change I think I'll have a cheeky little Henry Westons or 4, and just for Dane, probably a couple of Tramadol to spice it up a bit drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:21 pm

A couple of bottles of Hobgoblin, a large glass of Port, and thanks to Peggy, a bit of Frank Sinatra as well.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Keep spreading the news, Tea and some Hound Dog Taylor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:27 pm

Spent the evening with a couple of glasses of red, a ginger beer & Van Morrison.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:20 pm

Thought I'd ressurect this, since I'm home tonight.

Currently drinking a bottle of Vratislav Czech beer - 99p a 500ml bottle in Tesco and 5% and listening to Joe and his friend Kesia playing on the Xbox Kinnect sports.

Later will involve a rather tasty (but cheapish) Chardonnay and something on my music collection on the phone. If I'm sober enough, will report back later!

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Tonight I shall be drinking Fentiman's ginger beer and listening to a jazz performance in The Old Chapel. Nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Had a coupla pints of Thatchers in a pub beer garden this afternoon. You forget how lush drinking in the sun is. Had a cheeky smoke and fished out Massive Attack Greatest Hits. Bliss.

The only problem is I really fancied boiled eggs on toast for some strange reason and have boiled the pan dry scratch The whole house stinks and the pan looks ruined. Now I'm torn between attempting to cook something else or making do with a tuna sandwich. I've decided to leave my Organic Weston's, now called Wyld Wood for tomorrow now Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Jock, your signature needs changing.

There's 2 F in Fletchers now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Jock, your signature needs changing.

There's 2 F in Fletchers now!

Hmmmm don't confuse me I'm having a bad night scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Acid indigestion (too much vino collapso yesterday), so water and Midsomer Murders. The old ones are the best!!

Merv P.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Watching 'Sahara' on Channel 4HD (escapist hokum from the pen of Clive Cussler), drinking Argentinian Shiraz (gorgeous, and really fruity) having just polished off a free-range, additive-free, Cornish Rump Steak (and it was soooooo tasty) from Cornish Farm Foods. Contact Sales Manager Andy Symons by PM if you'd like to order some of our locally-reared, free-range, organic meats for free home delivery before Easter lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday night D+LT thread   Friday night D+LT thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Friday night D+LT thread
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next