Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9

Go down 
+2
Mock Cuncher
downthetrack
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 Empty
PostSubject: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:45 pm

It's easy to be drawn into panic stations but:

13 points from 27

46 game current form = 66 points.

Whilst those PR games may come back to haunt us what a great response from Fletcher and Larrieu.

Another 9 games like that and we'll be safe (bar a panic set of results). All involved should be proud of our response since the cup defeat.

Well done Carl and all the team cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:48 pm

and all because of a flag, amazing! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:09 am

Enjoy Life wrote:
It's easy to be drawn into panic stations but:

13 points from 27

46 game current form = 66 points.

Whilst those PR games may come back to haunt us what a great response from Fletcher and Larrieu.

Another 9 games like that and we'll be safe (bar a panic set of results). All involved should be proud of our response since the cup defeat.

Only if Carlsberg did football pridictions,hay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:17 am

Enjoy Life wrote:

I think that's a cheeky little hint that Jonah and Larry might be in the chair even if we get relegated.... can't keep a good man down.

Looks like the now traditional policy of rewarding failure will continue at the club under the new owner. Still, as long as the restaurant doesn't run out of food, everything will be fine.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:03 am

only 1 win in 5.

No

I'm not sure you can write off Reid's tenure as simply as Reid being the problem. After 2 lucky wins under Fletcher we quickly reverted to type, it has only been since we've brought in players of experience and quality that there has been an upsurge in results - and even with that we're still precariously placed.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:43 am

@PP (as I can't seem to be able to do quotes - can anyone help?

Don't understand about the hint, certainly not in any position to do that. When they took over we were 5 points adrift of safety, now we're out of the relegation zone. They are doing the job they've been appointed for. If they can steer us clear of relelgation then they deserve all the praise that should come their way. As with all things at the club the pre-season break allows all to reflect on the best team moving forward of course.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:46 am

Enjoy Life wrote:
@PP (as I can't seem to be able to do quotes - can anyone help?
Click 'Quote' next to 'Citation Multiple' on the top right of a user's posts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:18 am

[quote="Mock Cuncher"][quote="Enjoy Life"]@PP (as I can't seem to be able to do quotes - can anyone help?
[/quote]
Click 'Quote' next to 'Citation Multiple' on the top right of a user's posts?[/quote]

Thank you MC.

I have done but it doesn't seem to work. Oh well, nothing to get upset about.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:42 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
only 1 win in 5.

No

I'm not sure you can write off Reid's tenure as simply as Reid being the problem. After 2 lucky wins under Fletcher we quickly reverted to type, it has only been since we've brought in players of experience and quality that there has been an upsurge in results - and even with that we're still precariously placed.

Thanks Mock. Too bleddy obvious for the average bear Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:07 am

We're still in a group of 3 sides adrift from the rest of the division trying to avoid being one of two sides relegated. We would be 2nd bottom had it not been for Torquay beating Dagenham.

Perspective = Relying on Torquay to beat Dagenham.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 am

Positive head on. To be fair we are on the right track, I do think the club is being a bit laid back about it though, one decent forward and I think we would be about there.

Negative head on. The squad is threadbare and with our disciplinary record and a few injuries we could be back to square one, also 2 defeats in a row and we will probably be bottom again.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:27 am

The unfounded positivity of recent years has got us to where we are today. Hanging on to league status by a thread.

Any right minded person would be extremely concerned.

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:57 am

I thought the appointment was a good one at the time and have seen little to change my opinion, very few new managers really hit the ground running and although you dipped after the initial bounce there has been evidence of some will in the squad, ok so discipline is still a big issue but this is secondary to the spiwit and dawing do being shown.

Those points have come against some pretty dodge oppo but momentum is a biggy.

It's a crying shame.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:41 am

The problem with statistics is they are just statistics. We've played most of the poorer sides recently, and although we haven't lost (to them) we've drawn a few too many.We have harder games in the next spell of games, so it will be difficult to maintain the form (unless we can bring in another target man). Our next games are-

Port Vale (a)
Southend (h)
Macclesfield (a)
Barnet (h)
Accrington Stanley (a)

I would guess at 4 - 6 points from those games, which could mean falling back into the relegation zone and a bigger gap developing between us and the sides above (21st and upwards).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:18 pm

Whilst I like EL's total opposite approach to Freathy, I have to say that the truth is somewhere in between.

I think Lord Tis has it about right and the fact that we are not five points adrift at the foot of the Football League is down to Fletch and the Frog and the experienced players that have been brought in.

I am still not convinced that Fletch is the man, but as a club we cannot afford the severance pay, so we bring in a mentor. Deehan is good on paper, but it's been a long time and that is something we don't have much of.

As Bogsider said (I think) we are four points adrift with two other teams. Two of us are going down and unless we can sneak a few wins instead of draws, then we are down. I will not counter the thought until it's impossible to avoid relegation, but have we actually improved as much as we think, or have the others got worse and flattered to deceive?

I don't see much attractive footy at HP. I see getting to the ball second, a lot of hoof and hope, standing off and letting the attack come two thirds of the pitch, and some very poor discipline. But! I don't necessarily care if we win ugly. We just lack the skill to do this.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: The Friday Poetry Thread   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:41 am

Now it is just 1 win in 6, and I'm really worried. The answer to the question elsewhere as to whether I could support a non-league team...I'm not sure I could justify it.

Thankfully we have Southend up next and their striker has dodgy knees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:49 am

Unfortunately, it really will be men against boys next week, they have a tough team. Our home form is better though, and it does help that we have more home games than away remaining. However if we play like we did today Southend will slap us silly. I think things will become clearer after the Macclesfield away match, they are dropping fast, we have beat them already this season, and also northampton are playing dagenham that day. Nothing will be won or lost on the 11th of February but its a big day at the bottom.

What matters now is that we do our best to get in a new striker who is 1. Committed 2. Big 3. Experienced, to be honest I would settle for just one of those factors at the moment. The lads have to keep their chins up, but unfortunately today they actually looked to be lacking motivation.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:31 am

Yep, Southend will quite simply murder us like they have most other teams they've played this season.

Our manager and team are nowhere near good enough for this division. And make no mistake this is a very very very poor division. Players, according to Sparksy yesterday, are just not committed. They're shit players who are not even interested. Not a good combination but that's why we're bottom of the football league. For players being not interested I blame our utterly useless 'manager'. But brent could have got us out of this shitty mess by investing in the team and replacing fletcher. However, brent has chosen not to act- wage cap my arse! Brent and *****wallet are two cheeks of the same arse. But at least *****wallet replaced crap managers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:53 am

Luggy is going to love coming down here next saturday and ripping us a new one, it's a guaranteed three points for him.

my youngest grandson thinks "Plymouth Argyle Nil" is the name of the team Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9   Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Perspective - Only 2 defeats in 9
Page 1 of 1