Greenskin
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:38 pm

I'm correct, right enough.

Start from there and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:51 pm

Angry wrote:
I cant say i have a problem with any player wanting to further his career at a higher level club and make that money if we cant/wont match their ambitions.

While i would like Nelson to stay he would be silly to turn down all Barnsley could offer himin comparison to us to stay here where he will be making probably less money, be going nowhere other than league 2 and play for a very unambitious club.
We will get a little cash for him due to his age which is small compansation but again it hammers home the point that we have clueless twats running this club who allow top players to leave us on frees or in Nelson's case far less then we could have gotten for them had they saw sense and signed them up on longer contracts instead of 1 year deals or moved them on in january if they turned down contract offers.
I can remember the cries in Jan (and prior) to get the best players signed up on longer contracts to ensure days like this didn't happen. Too late now. As Graiser says above, Nelson is not irreplaceable and our defence was creaking a fair bit in second half of season - thus many comments about whether he will be able to be effective in CCC. Overall though good luck to him if he goes. I wonder how the fans will feel if this scenario is repeated over the next few days with RR, McHugh, Wylde (or has he signed?), McC (unlikely) ??
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:57 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'm correct, right enough.

Start from there and see how it goes.

I was more interested in Lordy's logic, tbh.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:03 pm

Nice though it is to have somebody willing to believe, rather than desperately hellbent on proving me wrong (and I'm not, y'know), what I have said it has to be over to Lord B on that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:14 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
You'll have to explain that one to me Lordy.

Nelson supposedly signs a pre-contract agreement with a (that's one, singular) Championship club. Yet if he were to end up at ANY club that were 2nd tier in December, Franny is proven to be correct? scratch

I state very clearly when I don't go for one of Frank's rumours. I did so with the university thing just recently. I am nothing, but circumspect, if something doesn't make sense to me. If Nelson ends up at a championship club next season, then the ticket bought will have won it's prize. If not, Frank loses and looks a twerp, end of.  No skin off my nose as Frank can be bumptious, although he doesn't deserve the witch hunt he has received of late. And who says it will be Barnsley ? No one as of yet .

As to explaining anything, I will only answer if you put your question through the offices of the AFT. Maybe the ever so effective Ricks can use his influence and put the question for you.  jocolor
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:18 pm

I feel a word-specific anti-climax coming rather soon.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:30 pm

Czarcy... This is the question that you need to understand the answer to before you can reconcile what I said with what is happening re Nelson right now:

"Why would any player or club sign a pre-contract agreement when both could just sign an ordinary contract?"
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:33 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
although he doesn't deserve the witch hunt he has received of late.

Maybe the ever so effective Ricks can use his influence and put the question for you.  jocolor

Talking of Witch Hunts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:43 pm

Witch hunts tend to be carried out by quite a number of people, not just lil ol' me.
If you wish to carry on the silly counting thing started by Frank, by all means carry on. I think the habit could spread, and then where would we all be ? probably in a sea of hijack threads that the new moderating team sadly seem to have a liking for.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:54 pm

You've got be crazy to start something so stupid as putting a number count and copying the thread again every time a certain person posts. How boring for everyone is that? And how disrespectful to others?

Using the site as your personal plaything... What sort of person does that? And one day you have to stop, unless you really want to look like a complete tosser for the rest of your life. And of course the day you stop, you lost... Only an idiot or madman wouldn't have thought of that before embarking on such lunacy.

I did it as a joke at you, and like all jokes should only be told to the same person once. You won't see me doing it again, except to take the piss out of the man who has created this boredom.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 11:00 pm

Rickler wrote:
You've got be crazy to start something so stupid as putting a number count and copying the thread again  every time a certain person posts. How boring for everyone is that?  And how disrespectful to others?  

Using the site as your personal plaything...  What sort of person does that?   And one day you have to stop, unless you really want to look like a complete tosser for the rest of your life.  And of course the day you stop, you lost...   Only an idiot or madman wouldn't have thought of that before embarking on such lunacy.

I did it as a joke at you, and like all jokes should only be told to the same person once.  You won't see me doing it again, except to take the piss out of the man who has created this boredom.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 11:25 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Czarcy... This is the question that you need to understand the answer to before you can reconcile what I said with what is happening re Nelson right now:

"Why would any player or club sign a pre-contract agreement when both could just sign an ordinary contract?"

And this link might help. It refers to "pre-contract agreements", and funnily enough the case concerned involved a certain club called Ross County, a couple of years ago

pre contracts in football
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 11:29 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Witch hunts tend to be carried out by quite a number of people, not just lil ol' me.
If you wish to carry on the silly counting thing started by Frank, by all means carry on. I think the habit could spread, and then where would we all be ?   probably in a sea of hijack threads that the new moderating team sadly seem to have a liking for.

Witch hunt? You're only a little sympathetic because you are guilty of similar behaviour justified by people daring to challenge views you both share. You and Frank have played the man not the ball too many times of latemand lost a lot of respect from me for it, Frank I'm not surprised about tbh but you used to be better than that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 11:39 pm

Ammy, you've always had an eye for the man, over the ball, more so than I. You're too emotional and should calm down.
I agree the quality of my contributions to this forum has diminished, quite drastically. That's what happens when one gets tired in a relationship that no longer is working. Too many souls here not to my liking. Probably time to move on. Still, that's ok, these things happen, and a bit like I view the present club itself ....  not to my liking.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 12:43 am

Lord Biro wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

And this link might help. It refers to "pre-contract agreements", and funnily enough the case concerned involved a certain club called Ross County, a couple of years ago

That's a very informative link.

The essential difference between a pre-contract agreement and an actual contract is that it may not be legally binding unless various conditions are met.

A club may want to sign a PCA to ensure that a target signs for them. The PCA might include all sorts of detail regarding eventual wages and Lord knows what else and represents an intention to meet a commitment.

But much can change in a few months. What if a player gets injured, for instance? The club might have a fitness clause.

From the player's perspective he might be signing for a particular manager for some reason. Should the manager get sacked then what? The new manager might not want the player and the player might not want the manager... There would be a get out clause.

Or maybe the reverse applies to the Barnsley scenario ("he's signing for Barnsley and they weren't a CCC club!") described earlier? Meaning Nelson signed up intending to play CCC football and then the club was relegated (maybe the manager was sacked too!) meaning a) they can no longer afford the wages agreed and b) the player does not want to go there anyway.

I don't know which of these has happened because I don't know who the club Nelson signed the PCA with was but something has obviously happened if he has been in talks with either Rangers or Barnsley as rumour might suggest...

And wasn't Nelson linked to Charlton fairly recently... They have both sacked their manager (two managers, in fact) and been relegated since I first posted the rumour.

Lord B's assertion that Nelson ending up at a CCC club would prove me to have been right all along is not necessarily the case as his potential signing for Barnsley shows.

So having said all of that I reiterate that Nelson signed a PCA with a CCC club. There is no doubt about it. Since then it would appear that the agreement has collapsed.

I hope he ends up staying here. I've never wanted him to go. If he does go I'll spill the beans about how I found out about the PCA; if he doesn't then I'll never tell you.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 1:05 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

The essential difference between a pre-contract agreement and an actual contract is that it may not be legally binding unless various conditions are met.

Absolutely 100% wrong. As wrong as wrong can be.

No contract is binding unless various conditions are met. That's the whole point of any contract - to meet conditions.

Idiot.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 1:05 am

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Absolutely 100% wrong.  As wrong as wrong can be.

No contract is binding unless various conditions are met.  That's the whole point of any contract - to meet conditions.

Idiot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 5:06 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Coming soon? I think its already happened.

I fail to see why Francine can't name the team this contract is supposed to be with - apart from the fact that he probably doesn't know.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 6:40 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

That's a very informative link.

A club may want to sign a PCA to ensure that a target signs for them. The PCA might include all sorts of detail regarding eventual wages and Lord knows what else and represents an intention to meet a commitment.

But much can change in a few months. What if a player gets injured, for instance? The club might have a fitness clause.

From the player's perspective he might be signing for a particular manager for some reason. Should the manager get sacked then what? The new manager might not want the player and the player might not want the manager... There would be a get out clause.

Or maybe the reverse applies to the Barnsley scenario ("he's signing for Barnsley and they weren't a CCC club!") described earlier? Meaning Nelson signed up intending to play CCC football and then the club was relegated (maybe the manager was sacked too!) meaning a) they can no longer afford the wages agreed and b) the player does not want to go there anyway.

I don't know which of these has happened because I don't know who the club Nelson signed the PCA with was but something has obviously happened if he has been in talks with either Rangers or Barnsley as rumour might suggest...

And wasn't Nelson linked to Charlton fairly recently... They have both sacked their manager (two managers, in fact) and been relegated since I first posted the rumour.

Lord B's assertion that Nelson ending up at a CCC club would prove me to have been right all along is not necessarily the case as his potential signing for Barnsley shows.

So having said all of that I reiterate that Nelson signed a PCA with a CCC club. There is no doubt about it. Since then it would appear that the agreement has collapsed.

I hope he ends up staying here. I've never wanted him to go. If he does go I'll spill the beans about how I found out about the PCA; if he doesn't then I'll never tell you.

Czarcasm wrote:

And there she is. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 7:00 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Czarcasm wrote:

LOl.  Of course you're right..

The mind numbing banality of it all, is why I missed what I just now predicted:

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

What a surprise...

So we have a deal which nobody knows the details of, signed with someone that nobody knows, promoted by SFD who knows none of the details...

This might even eclipse his Newell co-owner bullshit?

Last edited by Rickler on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 7:00 am

All I'd add is, Nelson potentially signing for one of 14(??) clubs who were in the CCC last December, and still are now will prove nothing, because as you say, you don't even know which team it was. He could quite easily sign for another team in the way that he could have signed (or may still sign) for someone like Barnsley or Rangers. It quite clearly and quite obviously doesn't necessarily follow that that team wasn't the team, given all the speculation and official Argyle statements relating to other teams.

If I was a betting man, I'd say that you've been told something by somebody close to the club/and or Nelson, that wasn't entirely true. And you've ran with it.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 7:22 am

Tbh he would be mad to turn it down plus his at that age where its time to progress and move on up in his career or forever regret missing the boat ..in my opinion he's his over rated prone to the odd clanger and dont like the ball over the top..but good luck him
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 8:07 am

The last few years have not been good for Curtis. When he first broke into the first team I was quite sure we had a million pound player on our hands. The turmoil and shite surrounding the club these last few years have seen him regress rather than flourish, he really needs to snatch this opportunity with both hands. He's done his time and more.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 9:04 am

Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Czarcasm wrote:

LOl.  Of course you're right..

The mind numbing banality of it all, is why I missed what I just now predicted:

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

What a surprise...

So we have a deal which nobody knows the details of, signed with someone that nobody knows, promoted by SFD who knows none of the details...

This might even eclipse his Newell co-owner bullshit?

Not at all.

All I have ever claimed is that Nelson signed a PCA with a CCC club. This is entirely true.

Just as the Newell/Pasoti stuff is entirely true.

Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 10:01 am

Everyone's an expert......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Curtis Nelson.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next