Chemical Ali
Les Miserable
Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford Empty
PostSubject: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:38 pm

Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford in League One

Oxford United FC ‏@OUFCOfficial 8m8 minutes ago

BREAKING | There was a new face at training this morning...Defender CurtisNelson OUFC from Plymout Argyle

When I met Michael Appleton and heard the plans they have I knew this was where I wanted to play my football”

Last edited by Tgwu on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:41 pm

lol lol laugh laugh laugh laugh lol lol laugh laugh lol lol lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! cheers cheers...geddon Frank.

Last edited by Les Miserable on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:42 pm

Thought he might go to the Championship, but this move might suit his current ability better. If we'd gone up he probably would have stayed
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:46 pm

SPAIN UPDATE

Oxford FC have secured a second fixture for the pre season trip and will face Alhaurín Torre CF
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:48 pm

i heard he signed a pre contract with a championship club?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:51 pm

U's snap up former Plymouth captain
Oxford United have completed the signing of defender Curtis Nelson.

The 23-year-old centre-half joins the U’s after captaining Plymouth Argyle to the League 2 play-offs last season. Born in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Nelson spent seven years in the youth system at Stoke City before completing his scholarship at Home Park and being rewarded with a professional contract. He has made over 200 senior appearances for Plymouth, captaining the side for most of those games. He played against the U’s twice last season, scoring in the 2-2 draw at Home Park.

United Head Coach Michael Appleton said:

“He’s a good player and another who has played a lot of games for his age. He is a great competitor and a good organiser and I think a lot of Oxford fans will have been impressed when he played against us over the last couple of seasons.

"Plymouth were hoping to keep him but as soon as we found out that he wasn’t going to accept their offer we were keen to get him to Oxford. We are delighted that he has opted to join us ahead of the new season.”

Curtis said

“Oxford were one of the outstanding teams we played last season and when I met Michael Appleton and heard the plans they have I knew this was where I wanted to play my football.

“The fans are great and it is a very positive place to be right now. I’m looking forward to working hard in pre-season and having a chance to help the team in League One this season.”

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Angry wrote:

Nailed on apparently, indisputable fact, 1,000,000,000% guaranteed, done deal.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 1:09 pm

Proven players leave, cheap gambles arrive, Brents and his goafer will try to sell this sparkly Turd as sustainable progress............ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:

Nailed on apparently, indisputable fact, 1,000,000,000% guaranteed, done deal.

He did sign a pre-contract agreement.

Between signing it and the end of the season conditions within it obviously no longer applied and it collapsed as already discussed elsewhere. This does not mean he did not sign it. Nor does his signing of it mean that he was guaranteed to go there - if it did it would not have been a PCA; it would have been a full contract. The destination club was never known to me but my guess is that it changed managers between then and now meaning the PCA was invalidated.

Schools work to a far longer timetable than most workplaces. To allow positions to be properly advertised and to allow the interview process time to work the routinely work around a term (3 months) in advance and often 2 terms. The convention is that at least a term's notice is given by both employees and employers re ending of an employment contract.

Before Christmas Mrs (?) Nelson was offered a new contract at the school where she worked as a teaching assistant which she turned down very professionally giving the reason that "Curtis had signed a PCA with a CCC club" and that "they were leaving Plymouth in the summer".

The school was very disappointed to see her go because she'd been every bit as competent and popular as the offer of a new contract might suggest.

That's the full story as far as I know it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Nice one Franny.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 1:37 pm

LOL

So much for not saying a word if he didn't go to a Championship club. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 1:44 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
LOL

So much for not saying a word if he didn't go to a Championship club. cheers

Sorry?

I said I'd spill the beans when left, didn't I?

He's gone. Beans spilled.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 1:46 pm

No. You didn't. You said if he went to a CCC club you'd enlighten us all. If he DIDNT go to a CCC club, then you wouldn't. Unless you edited it in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 1:56 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
No. You didn't. You said if he went to a CCC club you'd enlighten us all. If he DIDNT go to a CCC club, then you wouldn't. Unless you edited it in the meantime.

You're splitting straws here. I've not edited anything so hunt away and find it if you like. I don't recall exactly how I phrased it.

Beans now spilled either way.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 1:58 pm

He is gone and no longer an Argyle player so it doesn't matter where he's gone.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 2:06 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Proven players leave, cheap gambles arrive, Brents and his goafer will try to sell this sparkly Turd as sustainable progress............ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
I'm still slapping my thigh with my ?????? post-op!! IMHO he was good for Lge 2 but did make errors leading to goals. Bit like young Mellor did but for some reason Mellor got bundles of shite while Nelse got none. Good luck to him and we will replace him. I thought he'd signed a pre-contract with ..... I'm not spilling the beans. However, I can't quite understand how a manager changing makes a contract with the football club invalid? Oh well .. who cares anyway. Taxi for Nelse.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 2:10 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

You're splitting straws here. I've not edited anything so hunt away and find it if you like. I don't recall exactly how I phrased it.

Beans now spilled either way.

Tbh I'm not that arsed. There'll be a word specific explanation I'm sure.

Bottom line is he's gone to Oxford, and I very much doubt Mrs Nelson (and her husband) would be stupid enough to put specifics like that out there, when there is absolutely no need to do so.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 2:20 pm

She had to either accept the new contract at the school or give notice of leaving to enable them to recruit her replacement. She gave notice. As was quite proper in the circumstances.

And a pre-contract agreement is not the same thing as signing an actual contract - surely that's not that hard to grasp?

There's the potential to include safeguards to both sides in place on all them should either party wish. What if the player got injured in the period before signing PCA and actual contract? Do you think he'd still be signed? The player himself might have signed for the manager as much as the club and want an opt out should the manager go. A new manager at a club might have bought out any obligation, if there was any, rather than be lumbered with a player he hasnt chosen. There's millions of things that could have happened. Doesn't mean it wasn't signed though and I have no reason to suspect that Mrs N was telling fibs - why should she?

Lord B even put a link up with a detailed legal explanation the other day. There's no smoke and mirrors here.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 2:31 pm

Im not suggesting for one minute she's telling fibs. Why would she? In fact, why say anything at all? She doesn't have an obligation to explain why she didn't want to take up a TA position she was offered.

What I'm suggesting Franny, is that you've not got the whole story or whoever told you has perhaps not relayed the exact terms to you in their absolute entirety.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 2:35 pm

Oh I see.

Very possible since it is news that filtered through the distaff line and none of them would have been much bothered about the exact detail.

Let's look at it this way:

She said he was leaving in the summer. He left in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 2:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And yet here halfway down the page when I ask whether he was going in January or the summer, you say you didn't know?

Tying yourself in knots, Franny.

I'll leave it there I think.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 2:54 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

And yet here halfway down the page when I ask whether he was going in January or the summer, you say you didn't know?

There's no knots at all.

At the time I didn't know for sure.

A PCA takes effect when the existing contract expires. It's convention that that is the end of June, I believe. I didn't know for sure when Nelson's expired though so I said I didn't know.

As already stated this has come though the distaff line. I'd be surprised if anybody involved had even heard of a PCA or the CCC apart from Mrs N.

I've no reason at all to think that what I have said all along is accurate and events seem to support that.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

There's no knots at all.

At the time I didn't know for sure.

A PCA takes effect when the existing contract expires. It's convention that that is the end of June, I believe. I didn't know for sure when Nelson's expired though so I said I didn't know.

As already stated this has come though the distaff line. I'd be surprised if anybody involved had even heard of a PCA or the CCC apart from Mrs N.

I've no reason at all to think that what I have said all along is accurate and events seem to support that.

So which is it? You didn't know, or, as you say in the post a couple up, "she said he was leaving in the summer"?

I'm really 'out' now. See ya.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:09 pm

When handing in notice it is normal to include a date so she would have said the summer, I'm sure, or something that meant the same.

I said I didn't know when it would happen when I didn't know.

Since then it has been proven by events when the departure time was going to be.

If that's the biggest hole, and it isn't even a hole at all, you can find then good for you.

My original statement was "Nelson has signed a PCA with a CCC club and will be off."

No holes there whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:46 pm

I know mrs nelson works at a school in plymouth, my step sister knows her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford Empty

Back to top Go down

Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next