Greenskin
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 6:46 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Why are newspapers speculating, when he's already signed a pre-contract agreement with a Championship club last December?

lol! I didn't dare mention that fact myself.

The information I posted was, and remains, accurate.

cheers

Czarcasm on another thread wrote:
This is what SFD does. He'll say something that everyone will read the same way. Yet he will word it so that he can say "where did I say that?", when challenged on it. It is pure low cunning.

How is anything I have said here ambiguous or unclearly worded?

Everything I have said regarding this stands exactly as I said it.

If Nelson goes I'll post how I knew but while he stays you can pick the bones over yourselves. There's no chicanery or tricky stuff going on. You might even figure it all out.

Geez, you're doing it again!  Laughing  

I commented on you saying "The information I posted..." Which was a reference to your December statement.

You then say "How is anything I have said here ambiguous..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 6:49 pm

I'm not to sure about all the hand wringing over Nelson, a good player and has been a good club man and I wish him well but let's be clear the middle of our defence was error prone as proved in the last few months of the season and definitely not dominant in the air, maybe time to move on and "thanks Curtis for your efforts and best wishes"
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 6:53 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Why are newspapers speculating, when he's already signed a pre-contract agreement with a Championship club last December?

cheers

Czarcasm on another thread wrote:
This is what SFD does. He'll say something that everyone will read the same way. Yet he will word it so that he can say "where did I say that?", when challenged on it. It is pure low cunning.

How is anything I have said here ambiguous or unclearly worded?

Everything I have said regarding this stands exactly as I said it.

If Nelson goes I'll post how I knew but while he stays you can pick the bones over yourselves. There's no chicanery or tricky stuff going on. You might even figure it all out.

Geez, you're doing it again!  Laughing  

I commented on you saying "The information I posted..." Which was a reference to your December statement.

You then say "How is anything I have said here ambiguous..."

Nothing there was ambiguous either.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 7:06 pm

All the good players cant leave quick enough! Second best support yet jimmy and starnes run the club like newport or stevenage. what happened to the playoff money because its not being spent on the squad that for sure!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 7:52 pm

I cant say i have a problem with any player wanting to further his career at a higher level club and make that money if we cant/wont match their ambitions.

While i would like Nelson to stay he would be silly to turn down all Barnsley could offer himin comparison to us to stay here where he will be making probably less money, be going nowhere other than league 2 and play for a very unambitious club.
We will get a little cash for him due to his age which is small compansation but again it hammers home the point that we have clueless twats running this club who allow top players to leave us on frees or in Nelson's case far less then we could have gotten for them had they saw sense and signed them up on longer contracts instead of 1 year deals or moved them on in january if they turned down contract offers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Angry wrote:
While i would like Nelson to stay he would be silly to turn down all Barnsley could offer him in comparison to us to stay here where he will be making probably less money,

I think some people have forgotten just how much difference there is between L2 and championship wages. It's a massive difference.
Any player would be mad to turn down such a hike in pay, and it has been quite clear for a long time that Nelson is moving on. If he ends up at a championship club, it will confirm the ATD rumour earlier in the year. Anyone making out otherwise is playing games for a bit of fun.
I have never been that impressed with Nelson. He looks silky enough, but there is no getting away from the fact the defence has been just about the worst Argyle have ever had while the youngster has been learning his trade here. That must have something to do with Nelson's input, that is not immediately apparent to some.  He flatters to deceive, and always has in my opinion, but of course I wish any player well at a much higher level.
Had a chuckle at the almost narked language coming from the club. Who do they think they're kidding ?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 8:26 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

No it isn't. You posted that Nelson had signed a pre-contract agreement with a CCC club. He didn't and still hasn't.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 8:28 pm

He did sign a pre-contract agreement with a CCC side.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 8:39 pm

Barnsley were in league one when you claimed he had signed a pre contract agreement with a Championship Club.

Nothing is straightforward in your world it seems.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 8:49 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Barnsley were in league one when you claimed he had signed a pre contract agreement with a Championship Club.

Nothing is straightforward in your world it seems.

Then, logically, Barnsley could not have been the club he signed the pre-contract deal with.

That's a very different thing from him not signing a pre-contract deal at all.

What I have said is both perfectly straightforward and absolutely 100% true.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 8:53 pm

So therefore what was the point of a pre contract if it wasn't acted on?

Secondly, surely the championship club could ask for compensation from Barnsley.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 8:56 pm

Ask yourself this: why sign a pre-contract agreement at all?

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 8:57 pm

if he signed a pre contract then barnsley cant be making offers for him can they? it may not be public knowledge but that sort of thing would have been made known to them first if there was a deal in place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 8:59 pm

It's called legal free market competition. I can't believe how naive some people are.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 8:59 pm

Angry wrote:
if he signed a pre contract then barnsley cant be making offers for him can they? it may not be public knowledge but that sort of thing would have been made known to them first if there was a deal in place.

Not necessarily.

The things you asume do not necessarily follow.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
It's called legal free market competition. I can't believe how naive some people are.

Only so far.

Angry was quite right to suggest that while a pre-contract agreement is in place then exclusivity follows. No point signing one else, is there?
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:02 pm

Give up. I'm not interested enough to delve deeper.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:04 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Give up. I'm not interested enough to delve deeper.

Suit yourself.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:10 pm

I should have known better than to get involved with you.

Nothing is as it seems. Odd.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
I should have known better than to get involved with you.

Nothing is as it seems. Odd.

Everything is exactly as I have described it from the very first time I mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:18 pm

I know something you don't...
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Rickler wrote:
I know something you don't...

Do you? What is it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:25 pm

I wasn't talking to you. Remove the # paranoid one...

But since I have your attention:

It's exactly what I said it was.

You can't prove it wasn't.  Because it was.

If it isn't?  Than you show me.  But you can't.  Because it was.

Got it?

feck you.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:31 pm

Rickler wrote:
I wasn't talking to you.   Remove the # paranoid one...

But since I have your attention:

It's exactly what I said it was.

You can't prove it wasn't.  Because it was.

If it isn't?  Than you show me.  But you can't.  Because it was.

Got it?

feck you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Angry wrote:
While i would like Nelson to stay he would be silly to turn down all Barnsley could offer him in comparison to us to stay here where he will be making probably less money,

I think some people have forgotten just how much difference there is between L2 and championship wages. It's a massive difference.
Any player would be mad to turn down such a hike in pay, and it has been quite clear for a long time that Nelson is moving on. If he ends up at a championship club, it will confirm the ATD rumour earlier in the year. Anyone making out otherwise is playing games for a bit of fun.
I have never been that impressed with Nelson. He looks silky enough, but there is no getting away from the fact the defence has been just about the worst Argyle have ever had while the youngster has been learning his trade here. That must have something to do with Nelson's input, that is not immediately apparent to some.  He flatters to deceive, and always has in my opinion, but of course I wish any player well at a much higher level.
Had a chuckle at the almost narked language coming from the club. Who do they think they're kidding ?

You'll have to explain that one to me Lordy.

Nelson supposedly signs a pre-contract agreement with a (that's one, singular) Championship club. Yet if he were to end up at ANY club that were 2nd tier in December, Franny is proven to be correct? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Curtis Nelson.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next