Greenskin
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:01 am

The Reds have made an offer for out-of-contract defender Curtis Nelson.

The Star understands the club are eager to sign another centre back to strengthen their squad ahead of the return to the Championship.

Nelson, 23, fits the bill as someone who the Reds believe would be a welcome addition to their ranks.

Nelson was a key player for Plymouth Argyle last season with 54 appearances – and it is understood the club have offered him a new deal.

But the Pilgrims narrowly failed to win promotion after an agonising defeat to Wimbledon in the League Two play-off final.

Nelson, a former England U18 international, is hungry to play at a higher level having played in League Two since 2011 with the Home Park outfit.

The Reds will be forced to pay compensation to Plymouth if he does arrive at Oakwell under regulations concerning under 24 players.

In the majority of cases clubs will reach a mutual agreement on compensation, but if not any deal is likely to be settled through an arbitration period and a tribunal.

Nelson has also attracted the attention of Rangers, but he is friends with current Barnsley skipper Conor Hourihane and it is hoped the pair will reunite at Oakwell.

The former Stoke City youth team player inherited the captain’s armband when Hourihane left Plymouth for Barnsley two seasons ago.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Curtis to join Conor?   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:04 am

How much is Nelson worth?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:25 am

Plymouth price I'm guessing 100k if we are lucky
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:30 am

Isn't he out of contract? Bit of compo because of his age is all we'll get.
Back to top Go down

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 11:06 am

All coming together nicely.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 12:11 pm

For/against
For
2 leagues higher
More money
Mates with Conor H
More visibility as a player
Against
He'll be a squad member at Barnsley?
Is 2 Divs higher too much for him?
Its Barnsley - a real sheithole
Verdict - he'll go! Suspect the jump may be too much for him but good luck to the lad - served us well.
Of course had we got promoted he may well have stayed or at least it would have made the decision that much more difficult. That now begs the same question again of ''What happened in Jan'' when we needed to recruit to get over the line?
Can someone from the suits explain or is that too much to ask.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 2:20 pm

tigertony wrote:

Verdict - he'll go! Suspect the jump may be too much for him but good luck to the lad - served us well.
Of course had we got promoted he may well have stayed or at least it would have made the decision that much more difficult. That now begs the same question again of ''What happened in Jan'' when we needed to recruit to get over the line?

lol! lol! lol!

As about turns go the biggest I have personally ever seen on any forum....!!
You were slagging me to shit for me screaming at Brent to recruit heavily to get us over the line and secure promotion and now you have the brass feckin neck to post that shight above !!

Words fail me......dont bother retorting seriously dont.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Noted....
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 3:09 pm

Why are newspapers speculating, when he's already signed a pre-contract agreement with a Championship club last December?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:01 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
tigertony wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

As about turns go the biggest I have personally ever seen on any forum....!!
You were slagging me to shit for me screaming at Brent to recruit heavily to get us over the line and secure promotion and now you have the brass feckin neck to post that shight above !!

Words fail me......dont bother retorting seriously dont.
Now ... serious hat on ..... oh hell can't be serious today. I did say on other forums that I was going to hold back and just support the team until the season ended and then reassess. I've stuck to that and it was probably not helped with 12 hours in my car to W...... (still can't say it) and a pitiful performance.Rant Oh well! Nice to hear you're alive and kicking. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:17 pm

PLYMOUTH Argyle issued the following statement on Wednesday, June 22.
"Following newspaper reports linking Barnsley with our captain, Curtis Nelson, we can confirm that we have rejected a derisory offer from them for the player.

“Curtis remains under contract to us and any approach to him without our approval would be in contravention of EFL rules.”
Back to top Go down

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:19 pm

How long is his contract?
Back to top Go down

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Why are newspapers speculating, when he's already signed a pre-contract agreement with a Championship club last December?

lol! I didn't dare mention that fact myself.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Ha ha ha - as if Martyn Starnes and Jon Black thumbing through the EFLs rule book is going to stop any club making contact with Nelson or his advisors.  They could of course make him an offer he couldn't refuse in the form of a brilliant new contract.  Barnsley offer only had to shift slightly northwards from derisory to Plymouth prices and they will be snapping Barnsley hand off before you can say Brent's pension pot.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:45 pm

Dougie wrote:
Ha ha ha - as if Martyn Starnes and Jon Black thumbing through the EFLs rule book is going to stop any club making contact with Nelson or his advisors.  They could of course make him an offer he couldn't refuse in the form of a brilliant new contract.  Barnsley offer only had to shift slightly northwards from derisory to Plymouth prices and they will be snapping Barnsley hand off before you can say Brent's pension pot.

I heard a great story once which sums up how badly things get done around here. It came in the period between after Paul Sturrock left I think, but before he ordered Stapes to appoint Bobby Williamson.

Basically Stapes had heard that Colin Lee might be interested and got on the phone to Walsall to ask permission to interview him.. Stapes being new to this game didn’t realise you only ask permission once you’ve already met late at night in a little chef car park outside Bristol and have pretty much everything sorted except the pesky fact your next manager is under contract elsewhere.

Sadly for Lee, Argyle went elsewhere and Lee got sacked for talking to us behind their back. Ever since whenever we needed a new manager, Lee would appear in the paper like clockwork claiming his interest in the job.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:55 pm

Think we recieve a minimal compensation gesture because his under 24 as a good will gesture between clubs when a player is out of contract and under 24...there be no big transfer fees big or small for Nelse
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 5:04 pm

One good thing for nelse but not for us without a transfer fee he will be able to bump up his wages if his agent is any good so i expect a double your wage offer might just swing it as well as playing in the championship chucked in as well..be hard to turn down as well if he wants his career to kick on
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 5:16 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

The information I posted was, and remains, accurate.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Chemical Ali

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 5:39 pm

I don't really get the club's statement. Nelson is our player for 8 days more, from 1st July he can do whatever he likes- all Argyle can do is agree compensation or go to a tribunal. I thought (could be wrong) that players are open to talk to other clubs in the last 6 months of their contract? Argyle made the choice not to open contract negotiations until May/ June.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 5:41 pm

No doubt Brent will sell Nelson, and no doubt Brent will replace him with a reject from York Dagenham or the Job Centre.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 6:00 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

cheers

Czarcasm on another thread wrote:
This is what SFD does. He'll say something that everyone will read the same way. Yet he will word it so that he can say "where did I say that?", when challenged on it. It is pure low cunning.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 6:08 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

cheers

Czarcasm on another thread wrote:
This is what SFD does. He'll say something that everyone will read the same way. Yet he will word it so that he can say "where did I say that?", when challenged on it. It is pure low cunning.

How is anything I have said here ambiguous or unclearly worded?

Everything I have said regarding this stands exactly as I said it.

If Nelson goes I'll post how I knew but while he stays you can pick the bones over yourselves. There's no chicanery or tricky stuff going on. You might even figure it all out.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
tigertony

tigertony

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 6:40 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
No doubt Brent will sell Nelson, and no doubt Brent will replace him with a reject from York Dagenham or the Job Centre.
In 8 days JB cannot sell him. If he goes to Barnsley its an agreed compo or a tribunal. If Nelse wants to stay he can and if not then we can't stop him going and then the tribunal kicks in. If I was Nelse then 2 divisions higher is a good move and I'm sure the wages will be a whack higher. However at Barnsley he'll be a squad player and its Barnsley???? We'll see!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Curtis Nelson. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson.   Curtis Nelson. Empty

Back to top Go down

Curtis Nelson.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next