Coxside_Green
Ballboy1958EGS
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 12:24 am

Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Being one of the older “by age” supporter in the East end of the Main Grandstand I would salute the phenomenal and outstanding support given to our team by the Devonport and Lyndhurst parts of the ground. It has been many years since that level of support has been reached and I salute you one and all. Now let’s go to their patch and do the same again and drive Argyle to victory “WE ARE THE GREEN ARMY”

Are you having a laugh?

I watched the game and all I heard were the Wycombe fans.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 12:40 am

Every one of them was mic'd up!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 1:02 am

We all know how well our team can play and on Thursday if we can hit that peak we'll be OK. When it became 1-3 I thought ''we've now got a chance'' and at 2-3 ''now its game on'' We can go there and muller them if the correct team turns up on the day. Its all part of being an Argyle roller coaster supporter.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 2:24 am

Who's going to be the opposition at Wembley?

I could cope with losing to Phil 'Tango' Brown at Wembley. Graham Westley, however, is an ocean-going pillock. I really couldn't face watching all 37 of the Stevenage fans rubbing our noses in it if by some miracle we made it to the final.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 6:34 am

I have some sympathy with Angry but it is also clear that the people who were there felt an incredible sense of occasion and emotion and I don't doubt that whatsoever. Indeed some of those most in praise I would normally label at the cynical end of Argyle support, certainly no greenarmy1984.

If the singing had been for 90 minutes as it was in the last 10 then that would have been truly incredible but I think even those that were there said that the first 25 minutes of the second half were both desperate on and off the pitch.

Had "Don't Worry" been sung for the last 10 without us scoring two there would have been many more accusations on here that it was "oh so village" and "we get what we deserve because we're always the patsy's when the team/club don't deserve it". BUT we did score two. Did the crowd assist? I personally don't think so but it helps the narrative to link the two.

My fear is that instead of turning Adams Park into a wall of aggressive noise designed to intimidate Wycombe's happy-clappy support it is going to sound like a Greenham Common tribute act, but then I'm a bah-humbug obviously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:09 am

ejh wrote:
Well said. What was wrong with the usual drummer at HP then? Piss off Chris Webb you busy little tosser!!

Must......not.....make.....joke....about....Webb....and....drummers.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:33 am

or drummers girlfriends
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:46 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
I have some sympathy with Angry but it is also clear that the people who were there felt an incredible sense of occasion and emotion and I don't doubt that whatsoever. Indeed some of those most in praise I would normally label at the cynical end of Argyle support, certainly no greenarmy1984.

If the singing had been for 90 minutes as it was in the last 10 then that would have been truly incredible but I think even those that were there said that the first 25 minutes of the second half were both desperate on and off the pitch.

Had "Don't Worry" been sung for the last 10 without us scoring two there would have been many more accusations on here that it was "oh so village" and "we get what we deserve because we're always the patsy's when the team/club don't deserve it". BUT we did score two. Did the crowd assist? I personally don't think so but it helps the narrative to link the two.

My fear is that instead of turning Adams Park into a wall of aggressive noise designed to intimidate Wycombe's happy-clappy support it is going to sound like a Greenham Common tribute act, but then I'm a bah-humbug obviously.

I am so glad that Dick is here to put into words what I think..
Saves me a lot of time. Thanks Mr. Trickle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:35 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

We were playing so awful before the 80th minute. Argyle hadn't had a shot on target, we were getting overran by Wycombe at home and for most of us, the playoffs were over. It was gallows humours (don't worry), which then turned into a rallying cry. Pride in the club and the support, and the history of the club, if nothing else. I think somewhere in the middle of the fans uniting behind that song (Devonport and Lyndhurst singing together) that the tension suffocating the players was clearly lifted. When Ansah suddenly had the adrenalin to go for it, the place was beserk. The noise, the torches, it was absolutely another level. It was all Argyle in wave after wave of attacking until Banton got the second.

I read on Pasoti that the fans simply demanded a reaction out of the players for the last 10 minutes. The supporters refused to roll over and die in such a pathetic fashion. That is certainly how it felt to me too. It could and should have been 3-0 but the fans simply volted the Argyle players into doing something.

I said to a friend after the final whistle - I have never seen a team so visibly inspired and carried by the supporters before. Nice to see Shez, Banton, Ansah and Brunt give credit to the fans for their part in the resurrection too.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:46 am

Now there is no more of a big old miserable bastard than me these days, but the last time there was an atmosphere like that at HP was when Newcastle went up and we went down. I was sat quite high up in the Grandstand by the Press Box and thought the atmosphere was brilliant. Even after that piss poor third goal went in there was still something coming out the Deveonport but when Marley spread the lurve even the codgers in Grandstand (yes you Mr Blight) were singing and clapping and asking those sat next to them how to turn the torch on their phones on. I think Ansah and Banton had more influence than the crowd, but after all the shit of the past 7/8 years it was certainly a great night to be there - and I look forward to an even better night on Thursday (thanks to the extra 300 tickets!!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 5:25 pm

All things aside it has to be said that argyle are in fact the only people in history to ever be motivated to work harder from listening to a bob marley song.

normal folk as usually to relaxed and mellow to be up for anything afterwards.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 6:12 pm

Great video this one! https://vimeo.com/127512358?ref=tw-share
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 6:55 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:

Would look better if it was darker and it was in front of 30,000.....

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm

its dark and all 17000 doing it. see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:18 pm

It was great Angers, you should have been there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Angry wrote:

its dark and all 17000 doing it. see.

All I could hear was the Stone Cold Steve Austin fans.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:17 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:

I like that, thanks from an exile Sam.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Angry wrote:
All things aside it has to be said that argyle are in fact the only people in history to ever be motivated to work harder from listening to a bob marley song.

Are you serious?

Bob Marley conquered the world thanks to a catalogue of songs often as spriritual, angry, political and inspiring as anything written by anybody ever.

To the casual observer they may seem very laid back but the casual observer would be missing, as casual observers often do, nuance, depth, feeling and the roots, in both a literal and metaphorical, from which it all grew.

I'm reminded of the meme from the film White Men Can't Jump: you've listened to Jimi but you've never heard Jimi.

You've got to have a bit of kaya, y'know, to go along with the rastaman vibrations.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 9:41 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:

Are you serious?

Bob Marley conquered the world thanks to a catalogue of songs often as spriritual, angry, political and inspiring as anything written by anybody ever.

To the casual observer they may seem very laid back but the casual observer would be missing, as casual observers often do, nuance, depth, feeling and the roots, in both a literal and metaphorical, from which it all grew.

I'm reminded of the meme from the film White Men Can't Jump: you've listened to Jimi but you've never heard Jimi.

You've got to have a bit of kaya, y'know, to go along with the rastaman vibrations.

yeah i am serious his music is more for relaxing and such protesting its not the sort of music one puts on if they want to be motivated to go to war its sort the opposite of that.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 9:56 pm

Like I said: you listen but do not hear.

Try to emancipate yourself from mental slavery because none but ourselves can free our minds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:01 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Like I said: you listen but do not hear.

Try to emancipate yourself from mental slavery because none but ourselves can free our minds.

what are you on about?

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:05 pm

I can only keep saying the same thing: you listen but do not hear.

That's if you're listening at all - I freely admit to assuming that much and I may be wrong to do so.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:05 pm

Very deep stuff on here tonight. Might go and read Thus spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche for a bit of light relief.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Franny Rastafari ... Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I can only keep saying the same thing: you listen but do not hear.

That's if you're listening at all - I freely admit to assuming that much and I may be wrong to do so.

raving again Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next