Les Miserable
All the Presidents Men
Coxside_Green
Ballboy1958EGS
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 7:52 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:
No toys, no pram, just laughing at the way you're getting in a tiswas after missing one of the greatest nights at HP in recent history. Bemoaning Argyle fans from your sofa, your worse than that London Cabbie on the other site...  lol!

One of the greatest nights in recent history? Are you Webby in disguise?

We lost a Lge 2 play off match.

Perspective please.

I think given what happened and the nature of it, I would certainly describe it as that.

If we finish the job on Thursday, the turnaround will be immortal.

Angry, just my opinion but you are making yourself look foolish. Just deal with the fact that Sky employ production staff who can turn any mic up or down. At 3-0 up, the narrative is all about Wycombe winning: hence loud Wycombe fans, lots of close ups of blue jester hats.

The Sky programmers didn't forecast the comeback that took place. Their fault they didn't let the 'don't worry' chant ring loud and proud on their atmosphere microphones around the 80th minute, or have close ups of the torchlights. It sent shivers down my spine as clearly it did many others, including the players.

Just stop patronising and correcting people who were there on what the atmosphere was really like. That atmosphere before and during the two goal turnaround, even if we fail to go through, will stay with most Argyle fans for the rest of their lives. Simply put it was something special that only those who were there can really appreciate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:03 pm

ejh wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:
No toys, no pram, just laughing at the way you're getting in a tiswas after missing one of the greatest nights at HP in recent history. Bemoaning Argyle fans from your sofa, your worse than that London Cabbie on the other site...  lol!

Perspective please.

I think given what happened and the nature of it, I would certainly describe it as that.

Angry, just my opinion but you are making yourself look foolish. Just deal with the fact that Sky employ production staff who can turn any mic up or down. At 3-0 up, the narrative is all about Wycombe winning: hence loud Wycombe fans, lots of close ups of blue jester hats.

The Sky programmers didn't forecast the comeback that took place. Their fault they didn't let the 'don't worry' chant ring loud and proud on their atmosphere microphones around the 80th minute, or have close ups of the torchlights. It sent shivers down my spine as clearly it did many others, including the players.

Just stop patronising and correcting people who were there on what the atmosphere was really like. That atmosphere before and during the two goal turnaround, even if we fail to go through, will stay with most Argyle fans for the rest of their lives. Simply put it was something special that only those who were there can really appreciate.

again ejh if we had lost you would have been on here registering yet another essay on way sheridan should be sacked and how bad we were we should hsve done this etc etc so please drop the act with the above text. Your an intelligent man so please dont believe the crap that sky turned the microphones off. If they did or didnt still doesnt explain how dead the ground was for the res of the game bar the opening 10.

in fact can we all draw aline and move on now as this just getting tedious now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:20 pm

Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

Perspective please.

again ejh if we had lost you would have been on here registering yet another essay on way sheridan should be sacked and how bad we were we should hsve done this etc etc so please drop the act with the above text. Your an intelligent man so please dont believe the crap that sky turned the microphones off. If they did or didnt still doesnt explain how dead the ground was for the res of the game bar the opening 10.

You are doing my head in now!!

What has my thoughts on Sheridan got to do with it? If anything it supports the point! Only the most incredible spontaneous atmospheres most have ever witnessed, out of nowhere, brought a reaction out of the players - that 80 minutes of Sheridan's preparation and tactics didn't.

But I'm not here to bash Sheridan - more yourself and this theory of yours that Wycombe were louder! Have a word with yourself pal and trust the umpteen people who were there! Even Cobi who is like myself often a miserable little git, he will tell you that atmosphere was unlike any other. It clearly, directly, relaxed the players and brought a reaction out of the lads on the pitch. Everyone who was there saw this. I apologise Sky were too busy amplifying Wycombe's chants and close ups of their celebrating to paint a picture of the 3-0 storyline. Try turning on match day moments, skipping to 07:25 and a dose of that should calm you down.

Last edited by ejh on Mon May 11, 2015 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:22 pm

Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

Perspective please.

Eh, we did lose, you'd never know it though with some of the euphoria being spouted jocolor
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:34 pm

We didn't lose, it's only half time.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:48 pm

Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

Perspective please.

lol! lol!

Some of us tried to draw a feckin line over 24 hrs ago, but you had to carry on and on telling everyone who was there exactly what the atmosphere was like from your tv! cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:57 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

Perspective please.

You are doing my head in now!!

What has my thoughts on Sheridan got to do with it? If anything it supports the point! Only the most incredible spontaneous atmospheres most have ever witnessed, out of nowhere, brought a reaction out of the players - that 80 minutes of Sheridan's preparation and tactics didn't.

But I'm not here to bash Sheridan - more yourself and this theory of yours that Wycombe were louder! Have a word with yourself pal and trust the umpteen people who were there! Even Cobi who is like myself often a miserable little git, he will tell you that atmosphere was unlike any other. It clearly, directly, relaxed the players and brought a reaction out of the lads on the pitch. Everyone who was there saw this. I apologise Sky were too busy amplifying Wycombe's chants and close ups of their celebrating to paint a picture of the 3-0 storyline. Try turning on match day moments, skipping to 07:25 and a dose of that should calm you down.

calm down? i am very calm thankyou this isnt a big issue for me in truth it is for others im finding as they keep getting personal and making digs with the posts but im sticking to the issue and replying. Its called debating.

So do we ignore the fact for 85mins we werent at the races all huff and puff with nothing to show for it at all yet its the crowd that gets the props becasue the players FINALLY twigged after 85mins the wycombe keeper was a rookie and was shit scarred for most of that game and was ripe for the picking with shots on goal because the fans finally woke up and made some noise? cant help but feel if this was a normal league game that wouldnt whitewash the performance or result. Sure the atmosphere would be talked avout but definitely wouldn't be covering up the result and performance.

did i miss something or do we still go to wycombe a goal down? do we ignore now that some players werent up for the game and underperformed despite the importance of the game? that our defence was shoddy and at fault for the 3 goals? reuben was ineffective all game? ...no lets just talk about the fans for the ten minutes they made some noise and ignore the rest as it doesnt win games and spin it out like we won.

If 13000 fans cant make a louder noise than usually as i said at the beginning of the thread there is something very wrong.

As for match day moments my opinions on that are well known until charlie rose can film moving footage without it looking like an earthquake is happening i cant watch them at all. He needs to pick static locations and stick to them he would find the moving footage so much easier to edit in production and its better quality too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:01 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

Perspective please.

lol! lol!

Some of us tried to draw a feckin line over 24 hrs ago, but you had to carry on and on telling everyone who was there exactly what the atmosphere was like from your tv! cheers

the children keep dragging it on and posting and making personal digs. As for the the last bit i gather your a season ticket holder too?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:08 pm

If you're really a season ticket holder, you haven't half missed a shedload of home games this season whilst posting about 20 times between 3 and 5 on a Saturday afternoon, so I suggest you pipe down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:11 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If you're really a season ticket holder, you haven't half missed a shedload of home games this season whilst posting about 20 times between 3 and 5 on a Saturday afternoon, so I suggest you pipe down.

really do some more research i pray? ps ever heard of mobile phones?

Answer the question btw are you a season ticket holder/go regularly or just someone who only goes when we play well or the chance to be on tele?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:14 pm

Drop the charade mate. You're ATD's very own Xisle. We know exactly when you actually get to a game because we get a 5000 word 'Angry View'!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:18 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Drop the charade mate. You're ATD's very own Xisle. We know exactly when you actually get to a game because we get a 5000 word 'Angry View'!

i stopped doing them does that now mean i dont go lol I stopped doing them as no one really read them. Greensam hasnt posted a essay on a game lately does it mean he doesnt go now lol

oh your ranting now as if you can find a 5000 word angry view i would like to see it lol
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:41 pm

Many, who have been going for far longer than I have, told me that they'd been at Home Park with crowds of 26k and higher, yet they'd never witnessed an atmosphere like the one on Saturday. 

I do get your point, we didn't win - we didn't even draw. But we were out of the running, dejected and in total dismay that our Wembley dream was no more - then suddenly the GA got over that, got behind the club again and the players responded in a fashion that no-one anticipate! 

I'm sorry you missed it Angry.

Edit to add: I had quote a section of Angry's post about 13,000 should make more noise than normal, but its disappeared.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:51 pm

You fecked it up Bhey! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:52 pm

This thread has been comedy gold, do keep it up, there's feck all on the tele Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:54 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Many, who have been going for far longer than I have, told me that they'd been at Home Park with crowds of 26k and higher, yet they'd never witnessed an atmosphere like the one on Saturday. 

I do get your point, we didn't win - we didn't even draw. But we were out of the running, dejected and in total dismay that our Wembley dream was no more - then suddenly the GA got over that, got behind the club again and the players responded in a fashion that no-one anticipate! 

I'm sorry you missed it Angry.

Edit to add: I had quote a section of Angry's post about 13,000 should make more noise than normal, but its disappeared.

still there.

the point everyone is ignoring it seems is this is ATD, if that crowd did what they did and we didnt score any goals were scored they would be mercilessly ripped to shreads along with the result mostly whether it was the greatest night in HP history or not. i would go so far as to say it would barely be mentioned.

we still lost we still need to score 2 more than wycombe on thursday thats the reality and im very sorry most are neglecting that fact.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:02 pm

And Angry, you're neglecting the fact that we did score those goals - your point literally has no meaning.  lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:08 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
And Angry, you're neglecting the fact that we did score those goals - your point literally has no meaning.  lol!

with the first 2 meaningful shots on goal all match affraid affraid who knows what they could have achieved if they twigged it earlier or the fans started singing greece's summer nights??? lol!
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:23 pm

Angry wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

with the first 2 meaningful shots on goal all match affraid affraid who knows what they could have achieved if they twigged it earlier or the fans started singing greece's summer nights??? lol!

We all know that this Argyle team plays like marmite. Cruising a result away at Shrewsbury, but failing to beat a 10 man York. Regardless of Saturday being an off day, we got a result that means we're very much in it and the attending Green Army created a special atmosphere that'll long live in the memory of fans - It was the type of occasion that converts the youngsters away from the United's and City's. Bring on Thursday, we can put in a performance that'll beat them. Pride, passion and belief - the Green Army showed that and it rubbed off on the players. I'm really feckin optimistic. I'm buzzing for Thursday. 

There's some ammunition for you Angry, you can gloat about how much of an idiot I am if we fail on Thursday - I know you'd like that.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:26 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Angry wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

We all know that this Argyle team plays like marmite. Cruising a result away at Shrewsbury, but failing to beat a 10 man York. Regardless of Saturday being an off day, we got a result that means we're very much in it and the attending Green Army created a special atmosphere that'll long live in the memory of fans - It was the type of occasion that converts the youngsters away from the United's and City's. Bring on Thursday, we can put in a performance that'll beat them. Pride, passion and belief - the Green Army showed that and it rubbed off on the players. I'm really feckin optimistic. I'm buzzing for Thursday. 

There's some ammunition for you Angry, you can gloat about how much of an idiot I am if we fail on Thursday - I know you'd like that.  Rolling Eyes

speaking like chris webb here raised eyebrow

i support argyle so i dont think ill be gloating on thursday should we lose i would like us to win it will be difficult and the players have to turn up and get the 2 goal cushion quickly and learn from saturday.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:37 pm

I agree with your last bit there Angry. It wont be easy and its vitally important we score first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:51 pm

speaking of chris webb.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

from the link wrote:
BASTILLE drummer and celebrity fan Chris ‘Woody’ Wood is to be Plymouth Argyle’s loudest fan on Thursday night.

Club officials have enlisted his help to be the official drummer for the Pilgrims’ crunch play-off second leg away to Wycombe Wanderers.

Brit Award-winning Woody has topped the charts and toured the world with his band.

But he is also a huge supporter – and has even been a co-commentator for some of the team’s games earlier this season.

Argyle president Chris Webb has arranged for Woody to bang the drums from the terraces at Adams Park on Thursday, where they will compete for a place in the League Two play-off final at Wembley.

He is expected to spend the next two days in the lead-up to the game learning Bob Marley songs.

now this doesnt bother me at all quite a good pr stunt from the club in fact and im sure the fans going will eat it up. How he will be able to drum 3 little birds will make him a better drummer than lars ulrich as its not a drummy song if you get my drift.

But the fact chris webb is now again dictating his will and is starting to get active on the argyle front after been stealth and non existant all season and is now back in the picture just because we are on the tele and its a chance for pr for windsor boy's herald column does however make me wanna hurl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:56 pm

Well said. What was wrong with the usual drummer at HP then? Piss off Chris Webb you busy little tosser!!
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 11:10 pm

Never trust what you hear on Sky.
Atmosphere mics? Muting offensive chants is understandable but manufacturing an atmosphere to suit a narrative?

I guess Sky and Fox do the same thing on their News channels all the time though ay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 11:28 pm

nzgreen wrote:
Never trust what you hear on Sky.
Atmosphere mics? Muting offensive chants is understandable but manufacturing an atmosphere to suit a narrative?

I guess Sky and Fox do the same thing on their News channels all the time though ay.

But they aswell the bbc and such can mute offensive chants in production though so it wouldnt matter if the mics where on or not. dont forget all live coverages has a slight delay to it for that very reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next