Coxside_Green
Ballboy1958EGS
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2015 9:21 pm

I thought Argyle weren't bad in the first half. Certainly not 2-0 down bad. We had a lot of possession with a lot of crosses going into the box. Just no one getting on the end of them, or too close to the keeper. Their 2nd goal was definitely hand ball. So in my opinion we were unluckly to be 2-0 down at half time.

The wheels came off completely in the second half and we were terrible. So terrible that any club in the countries fans would have been quite quiet.

Then the Devonport End started that song. For a while I wondered what they were singing but it soon spread around the ground, even the grandstand. I saw a couple of lights appear at the back of blocks 16 / 17 within a minute or two there were hundreds of lights swaying. I even saw some in the directors box.

In 45 years of watching Argyle I don't think I've ever seen such a spontaneous show of "different" support before. A song I've never heard at a football match before and the lights. The lights from my vantage point in the grandstand looked bloody impressive.

I for one was very proud to be an Argyle fan last night.

A couple of Wycombe fans I was talking to before the game were saying they couldn't believe how many cars they saw on the M4 & M5 containing Argyle fans on their way down. They were saying it was obvious we had a well spread fan base which showed how big a club we were. They must have left Home Park convinced they were right in their initial thoughts. They won't have seen support like that too often in their short history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2015 9:22 pm

Angry wrote:
poi. the block button is a wonderful thing Thumbs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:19 am

It was an early kick off down under. I fecked up my alarm clock setting so missed the first hour. When I logged on it was 0-3 and the only fans you could hear on Sky were Wycombe. Didn't hear Bob Marley,
but the last 10 minutes were special. I was fist pumping the laptop in bed when we scored.
If you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Ballboy1958EGS

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:07 pm

Angry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:
if 14000 cant raise the atmosphere of a playoff game then something is incredibly wrong.

They went well beyond just raising the atmosphere and if you can’t applaud that it’s a sad thing.

sorry but they were dead during the majority of that game they only perked up in the beginning and the end. Hardly up there with notting hill carnival atmosphere for 90mins was it?

You still wouldn't be happy if we sold out at Wembley and sang for 90 minutes constant lol!

if i see and hear them do it i would be happy. but if i see and hear something completely different from what ballboy is saying then no i wouldnt because i would know he is trying to spin something.

Just noticed your spin comment

I have supported Argyle for longer then the Queen has been on the throne.
Back in the days when my farther and his brother use to take me into the Barn Park end and take in turns for me to sit on their shoulders to see the game.
When the Argyle Supporters Club decide that they would have ball boys back in the 1950’s I was one of them “hence my user name”.
I was most certainly not trying to spin anything, just saying thank you and well done to my fellow supporters for something extraordinary, which without a doubt in my mind got us back into the game.
Liked I stated it has been a long time since I have seen such an event and stand by what I stated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:55 pm

Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:
if 14000 cant raise the atmosphere of a playoff game then something is incredibly wrong.

They went well beyond just raising the atmosphere and if you can’t applaud that it’s a sad thing.

sorry but they were dead during the majority of that game they only perked up in the beginning and the end. Hardly up there with notting hill carnival atmosphere for 90mins was it?

You still wouldn't be happy if we sold out at Wembley and sang for 90 minutes constant lol!

if i see and hear them do it i would be happy. but if i see and hear something completely different from what ballboy is saying then no i wouldnt because i would know he is trying to spin something.

Just noticed your spin comment

I have supported Argyle for longer then the Queen has been on the throne.
Back in the days when my farther and his brother use to take me into the Barn Park end and take in turns for me to sit on their shoulders to see the game.
When the Argyle Supporters Club decide that they would have ball boys back in the 1950’s I was one of them “hence my user name”.
I was most certainly not trying to spin anything, just saying thank you and well done to my fellow supporters for something extraordinary, which without a doubt in my mind got us back into the game.
Liked I stated it has been a long time since I have seen such an event and stand by what I stated.

you are entitled to say what you like after all but i stand by what i said too about the atmosphere.

its a crying shame they never perked up for the whole 90 mins that would have been amazing.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 3:34 pm

After reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that Angry simply wasn't there. I feel for any Argyle fan who couldn't make it to Home Park that day, and have to have a big laugh at the idiots that walked out early, you missed a truly special atmosphere - one which many people, who have been attending a long time and among much larger crowds, have told me they've never seen HP like that. 

Wycombe's first goal was just a scramble, Hayes was lucky it ended up where he could poke it in. We had plenty of similar set pieces that could have just as easily have deflected in, but the pinball wizard wasn't on our side. Still the Green Army was behind the side, willing them to get back into the game.

We weren't really that bad in the first half, we just needed to feckin shoot at their toddler keeper. Their second was a cracking finish, but it never should have stood - it was handball and the most decisive of all the refereeing errors from the game. He was proper proper shit, begs the question why a conference ref was appointed for a play off semi final, but demz the breaks. But, it gave the Green Army motivation to continue to get behind the team - the scoreline felt an injustice. Sure we didn't deserve to be winning, but nor did we deserve to be 2 down. The half time boos were ALL aimed at the referee, I don't believe anyone was booing the players - now was not the time. Again, if you felt the atmosphere was hostile towards our own players, then I'm gonna take a wild guess and suggest you were watching from the sofa on SKY.

Second half we were proper shit, captured in the sloppiest goal we've concede all season - truly truly pathetic. The scoreline no longer felt such an injustice, the first remained a bit unlucky, the second shouldn't have been, but the performance in the opening 20 minutes of that second half alone deserved the scoreline. Dismay among the Green Army - we'd turned up in our droves, we were all fully behind the side, but we were let down and for those of us who already booked tickets for Thursday, it was looking all a bit pointless and bleak.

Then Bob Marley got the Green Army going - we'd paid our money and were there, why not enjoy ourselves, feck it. Zak finally has a shot that's on target and BOOM. HP erupts, suddenly 14000 are no longer worried about it all, we're here, the club's still here, we're having fun regardless. Why let the football ruin a day out at the football eh? Then Banton hits it in. Suddenly the game felt like a win, Thursday was no longer a longshot and the dream of Wembley very much alive again. Relief.

Overall the performance wasn't the best. Reuben struggled, he just didn't look fit and just the one weekend's rest clearly wasn't enough for him. Gethin Jones had a shocker. Tarieq was cowardly going forward, as were many of the midfielders. And all of them were afraid of having a pop at goal. On the otherhand we still create a lot of chances, the change in shape and personnel breathed new life into us and we're only 1 goal down at HT with momentum behind us and belief again.

Bring on Thursday. If you didn't enjoy Saturday night, then give up - you'll never enjoy football, its clearly not for you. I echo the sentiments of the OP, well done the Green Army, you were feckin ace!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 3:40 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
After reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that Angry simply wasn't there. I feel for any Argyle fan who couldn't make it to Home Park that day, and have to have a big laugh at the idiots that walked out early, you missed a truly special atmosphere - one which many people, who have been attending a long time and among much larger crowds, have told me they've never seen HP like that. 

Wycombe's first goal was just a scramble, Hayes was lucky it ended up where he could poke it in. We had plenty of similar set pieces that could have just as easily have deflected in, but the pinball wizard wasn't on our side. Still the Green Army was behind the side, willing them to get back into the game.

We weren't really that bad in the first half, we just needed to feckin shoot at their toddler keeper. Their second was a cracking finish, but it never should have stood - it was handball and the most decisive of all the refereeing errors from the game. He was proper proper shit, begs the question why a conference ref was appointed for a play off semi final, but demz the breaks. But, it gave the Green Army motivation to continue to get behind the team - the scoreline felt an injustice. Sure we didn't deserve to be winning, but nor did we deserve to be 2 down. The half time boos were ALL aimed at the referee, I don't believe anyone was booing the players - now was not the time. Again, if you felt the atmosphere was hostile towards our own players, then I'm gonna take a wild guess and suggest you were watching from the sofa on SKY.

Second half we were proper shit, captured in the sloppiest goal we've concede all season - truly truly pathetic. The scoreline no longer felt such an injustice, the first remained a bit unlucky, the second shouldn't have been, but the performance in the opening 20 minutes of that second half alone deserved the scoreline. Dismay among the Green Army - we'd turned up in our droves, we were all fully behind the side, but we were let down and for those of us who already booked tickets for Thursday, it was looking all a bit pointless and bleak.

Then Bob Marley got the Green Army going - we'd paid our money and were there, why not enjoy ourselves, feck it. Zak finally has a shot that's on target and BOOM. HP erupts, suddenly 14000 are no longer worried about it all, we're here, the club's still here, we're having fun regardless. Why let the football ruin a day out at the football eh? Then Banton hits it in. Suddenly the game felt like a win, Thursday was no longer a longshot and the dream of Wembley very much alive again. Relief.

Overall the performance wasn't the best. Reuben struggled, he just didn't look fit and just the one weekend's rest clearly wasn't enough for him. Gethin Jones had a shocker. Tarieq was cowardly going forward, as were many of the midfielders. And all of them were afraid of having a pop at goal. On the otherhand we still create a lot of chances, the change in shape and personnel breathed new life into us and we're only 1 goal down at HT with momentum behind us and belief again.

Bring on Thursday. If you didn't enjoy Saturday night, then give up - you'll never enjoy football, its clearly not for you. I echo the sentiments of the OP, well done the Green Army, you were feckin ace!

AGAIN my opinion of the atmosphere was dead for most of that game. if you dont agree fine if you dont like it then tough.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:02 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:

I was near the back of block 15 and I assure you there were boos for the players as soon as the half time whistle went accompanied by loud but shortlived shouts of what a load of shit, fcuking bollocks, etc,etc. It quickly died down and then 20/30 seconds later there were louder boos for the ref as he left the pitch. I'm gonna take a wild guess that you were sat in the Aviva(Demport) End.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:07 pm

Angry admitted yesterday that despite being a season ticket holder he didn't attend on Saturday but watched it on TV. We suspect that he may have turned the volume on his TV down by mistake which might explain his opinion on the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:10 pm

Has Angry also considered the fact that sky turn certain mics down at times.

So the mics by the crowd were turned down and turned back on as needed at certain times of the match.

Wycombe on top their mic was turned up. Same as for us. It's called entertainment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:22 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry admitted yesterday that despite being a season ticket holder he didn't attend on Saturday but watched it on TV. We suspect that he may have turned the volume on his TV down by mistake which might explain his opinion on the atmosphere.

I watched it twice since it was broadcasted given the gang mentality on here against my opinon i still didnt hear this carnival atmosphere even put my soundbar on very loud and yes still dead from most of the game. I come to the conclusion jannars are easily pleased.

yea man i know that argyle crowd well enough to know when sky have turned the mics down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:32 pm

Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

I watched it twice since it was broadcasted given the gang mentality on here against my opinon i still didnt hear this carnival atmosphere even put my soundbar on very loud and yes still dead from most of the game. I come to the conclusion jannars are easily pleased.

yea man i know that argyle crowd well enough to know when sky have turned the mics down.

Why didn't you go to the game?
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Angry...
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:49 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Why didn't you go to the game?

I had to go to work during the night. Double time on top of add ons for doing it are what swung it cheers cheers

swimwiththetide your picture would mean more if you could have one debate on here without throwing your toys out of the pram because some wont agree with you.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:52 pm

No toys, no pram, just laughing at the way you're getting in a tiswas after missing one of the greatest nights at HP in recent history. Bemoaning Argyle fans from your sofa, your worse than that London Cabbie on the other site...  lol!
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Sky change the noise settings for the crowd ffs, if you weren't at the game physically there's about 0% chance you'd ever understand what it was like.

Not great, and I maintain we weren't that bad in the first half, but it was very special what happened in the last 10 or so. I'm adamant we would not have lost 3-2 had the atmosphere not improved, so credit where it's due to the fans there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 5:02 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
No toys, no pram, just laughing at the way you're getting in a tiswas after missing one of the greatest nights at HP in recent history. Bemoaning Argyle fans from your sofa, your worse than that London Cabbie on the other site...  lol!

LOL one of the greatest nights at HP BRILLIANT LOL
The QPR 2-0 win that won us the league one (divison 2 at the time) that was one of the greatest nights at HP in recent history and that had actual fan passion from start to finish. And there were No pieces of card, no bob marley and certainly no planned phone light displays that looked shit as it wasnt even dark enough in sight. Oh and yes i was there.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 5:03 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:

Yeah losing 3 - 2 at home to Wycombe, it doesn't get much better than that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Paven wrote:
Sky change the noise settings for the crowd ffs, if you weren't at the game physically there's about 0% chance you'd ever understand what it was like.

Not great, and I maintain we weren't that bad in the first half, but it was very special what happened in the last 10 or so. I'm adamant we would not have lost 3-2 had the atmosphere not improved, so credit where it's due to the fans there.

silly boy let me guess the evil Rupert Murdoch ordered the argyle fans mute till the end lol! this is getting silly now.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Paven wrote:

Paven, sky moot the mic on occassion like argyle v leicester in 2008 when 2k argylewere singing holloways a anchor.
No idea about sat eve mind wasnt there very disappointed with the result like many others.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 5:19 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:

One of the greatest nights in recent history? Are you Webby in disguise?

We lost a Lge 2 play off match.

Perspective please.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 7:10 pm

Angry wrote:
Paven wrote:

silly boy let me guess the evil Rupert Murdoch ordered the argyle fans mute till the end lol! this is getting silly now.

You weren't there. So please stop commenting. Not even because most of it is claptrap, it's just a bonus for everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 7:13 pm

Paven wrote:
Angry wrote:
Paven wrote:

You weren't there. So please stop commenting. Not even because most of it is claptrap, it's just a bonus for everyone.

how democratic of you
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Well that was lame, I was hoping for one of your classic angry outbursts but it wasn't to be. tumbleweed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 7:24 pm

Paven wrote:
Well that was lame, I was hoping for one of your classic angry outbursts but it wasn't to be. tumbleweed

Glad to disappoint you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next