All the Presidents Men
Coxside_Green
Ballboy1958EGS
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ballboy1958EGS

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:34 am

Being one of the older “by age” supporter in the East end of the Main Grandstand I would salute the phenomenal and outstanding support given to our team by the Devonport and Lyndhurst parts of the ground. It has been many years since that level of support has been reached and I salute you one and all. Now let’s go to their patch and do the same again and drive Argyle to victory “WE ARE THE GREEN ARMY”
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:40 am

if 14000 cant raise the atmosphere of a playoff game then something is incredibly wrong.
Back to top Go down
Ballboy1958EGS

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:49 am

Angry wrote:
if 14000 cant raise the atmosphere of a playoff game then something is incredibly wrong.

They went well beyond just raising the atmosphere and if you can’t applaud that it’s a sad thing.
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:54 am

Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:

They went well beyond just raising the atmosphere and if you can’t applaud that it’s a sad thing.

sorry but they were dead during the majority of that game they only perked up in the beginning and the end. Hardly up there with notting hill carnival atmosphere for 90mins was it?
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:01 pm

Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:

sorry but they were dead during the majority of that game they only perked up in the beginning and the end. Hardly up there with notting hill carnival atmosphere for 90mins was it?

You still wouldn't be happy if we sold out at Wembley and sang for 90 minutes constant lol!
Back to top Go down
Ballboy1958EGS

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:

I can not believe that you are an Argyle supporter who would not give praise to your fellow supporters, sad and will leave it at that with no further comment to make.
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:

You still wouldn't be happy if we sold out at Wembley and sang for 90 minutes constant lol!

if i see and hear them do it i would be happy. but if i see and hear something completely different from what ballboy is saying then no i wouldnt because i would know he is trying to spin something.
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:11 pm

Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:

I can not believe that you are an Argyle supporter who would not give praise to your fellow supporters, sad and will leave it at that with no further comment to make.

what is there to seriously praise though? the fact they put more effort into that phone display than actually cheering the players on for the full 90 mins when they needed it or the fact they booed the players off the pitch at half time?
Back to top Go down
Ballboy1958EGS

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:17 pm

Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:

what is there to seriously praise though? the fact they put more effort into that phone display than actually cheering the players on for the full 90 mins when they needed it or the fact they booed the players off the pitch at half time?

Get your facts right, they booed the Ref. not the players
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:21 pm

Didn't go myself but the alleged applause at the end was commendable. A disappointing result but a good comeback, no reason anyone shouldn't be up for it Thursday night.
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:

Get your facts right, they booed the Ref. not the players

i have they booed the players and loudly booed the ref when he started walking off the pitch.
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:06 pm

I took it that they booed because of their second goal rather than booing the players.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:10 pm

Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:

That's what i saw!!!
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:17 pm

I'm with Angry. 10 minutes of noise at the end of the game doesn't disguise the 80 minutes of uncomfortable silences that preceded it. Argyle supporters WERE brilliant last night - but only for a few minutes.
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 3:50 pm

Being here nil down at home has never made me want to sing that much, crowd were good all things considered. I thought the singing started before we scored? I thought there was a better atmosphere by miles than the last couple of games I saw this season.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:08 pm

There was booing of the players at half time but tbf there were a lot of pissed up numbskulls in attendance. The loudest boo was reserved for the ref when he left the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 7:40 pm

I think we should petition the FA to make everyone match ko at 7:45 pm on a Satdee. Twas qualidee, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 7:52 pm

Angry wrote:

Oh you utter miserable bastard you.
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:

You must have missed the first 80 mins where we were playing absolutely dreadful, the ref was being an arse, we couldn't get the ball from back to front without losing possession, oh and we were 3-0 down and any hope of promotion was well out the window.

I don't know about you but I was sat arms folded in a sorry state not talking to anyone or answering my phone, I didn't feel like singing, flag waving and pushing my jester hatted painted face in front of a sky camera.

The gallows humour in the 'three little birds chant', then the mobile phone waving slowly consumed the entire home end. Out of nowhere there was an atmosphere of expectation for a goal. Ansah answered it with his wonder strike that lit the place up. By the time Banton had the ball the atmosphere was electric and the fans were demanding another goal. He did not disappoint.

I said it last night and I will say it again, I have never seen a crowd lift a team from the dead like that. There was a direct correlation in the crowd lifting the team and not vice versa. You either can't have been there or have an issue in wanting to be arch critical where there is no need?
Back to top Go down
CPFC2013

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:30 pm

Angry wrote:

I bet you are a right laugh at parties

sarcasm
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Angry wrote:

Oh you utter miserable bastard you.

Definitely !!! He does have a point though, there were quiet spells but I suppose when you go 3-0 down that's to be expected, on the whole the atmosphere was very good and much better than usual, however with over 14,000 in the ground that too is to be expected :greenrave:
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:37 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:

You must have missed the first 80 mins where we were playing absolutely dreadful, the ref was being an arse, we couldn't get the ball from back to front without losing possession, oh and we were 3-0 down and any hope of promotion was well out the window.

I don't know about you but I was sat arms folded in a sorry state not talking to anyone or answering my phone, I didn't feel like singing, flag waving and pushing my jester hatted painted face in front of a sky camera.

The gallows humour in the 'three little birds chant', then the mobile phone waving slowly consumed the entire home end. Out of nowhere there was an atmosphere of expectation for a goal. Ansah answered it with his wonder strike that lit the place up. By the time Banton had the ball the atmosphere was electric and the fans were demanding another goal. He did not disappoint.

I said it last night and I will say it again, I have never seen a crowd lift a team from the dead like that. There was a direct correlation in the crowd lifting the team and not vice versa. You either can't have been there or have an issue in wanting to be arch critical where there is no need?

Lets be honest ejh right here shall we, if they hadnt of scored those goals you as sheridan's biggest critic win lose or draw would have been on here within minutes to voice how disgusted you were at the 3-0 defeat and sheridan should be hung drawn and quartered etc etc.

and of course you wouldnt be alone doing so. the fact we scored twice near the end has whtiewashed the poor performance and many are talking about the atmosphere of 14000 for ten minutes instead as its a covers up the 3 goals that were poorly defended and how we havent had a meaningful shot at goal till anash goal.
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:51 pm

'If they hadn't scored the goals'???? But that wasn't the case, Angry, we didn't lose 0-3. Let's not surmise on if's and but's. Let's look at what really happened. This supporter participation you obviously don't like, actually played a massive part in our come-back attempt - to all intents and purposes,it nearly worked, and at the very least urges the team on to give us a chance in getting something on Thursday night.

You miserable bastard.
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Angry wrote:

Lets be honest ejh right here shall we, if they hadnt of scored those goals you as sheridan's biggest critic win lose or draw would have been on here within minutes to voice how disgusted you were at the 3-0 defeat and sheridan should be hung drawn and quartered etc etc.

and of course you wouldnt be alone doing so. the fact we scored twice near the end has whtiewashed the poor performance and many are talking about the atmosphere of 14000 for ten minutes instead as its a covers up the 3 goals that were poorly defended and how we havent had a meaningful shot at goal till anash goal.

Sheridan clearly got it wrong, I said pre match Sheridan should have played Ansah and Brunt instead of Reid and Alessandra - I think the last 20 minutes was testament to the more effective partnership rescuing the day. However credit to Sheridan for making big early changes.

I don't see how any of this mind you has anything to do with your assertion that the fans were poor?

Argyle fans were by far the louder set pre-match, at 0-0 and even at 0-1.

It was in the second half when the third went in and Wycombe still had all the play when all the stuffing had been knocked out of the supporters (and players).

It is a lot easier for Wycombe fans to be loud and boisterous when 3-0 up and all over us, than 0-3 down and tactics that were a disaster.

Argyle fans started to get the atmosphere going in the late 75th-80th minute, the momentum steadily built and clearly had infected the team when the torches were out and thousands were in full voice. Credit to the supporters for lifting the players and bringing about two late goals - Sheridan has credited the crowd for its part, so why complain the fans were quiet when chasing shadows and being humiliated by Wycombe on live TV?? It's not really a surprise that heads were down during that period is it??

Last edited by ejh on Sun May 10, 2015 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:58 pm

poi. the block button is a wonderful thing Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS Empty

Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next