Chemical Ali
Lord Tisdale
Chancellor
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chancellor

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 11:46 am

Apparently PAFC are putting together a business plan to take on one of the retail units in the new development for use as a supporters bar.

However apparently Akkeron will be listening to all offers for the unit earmarked as a sports bar, probably including giants such as Wetherspoons etc.

Seems strange to me that PAFC, a subsidiary of Akkeron, may not be a shoe-in for the unit. Profits made in a sports bar run by PAFC would go to the club, a subsidiary of Akkeron.

If the likes of Wetherspoons get the gig then those profits would never see the club. The only possible benefit of someone like Wetherspoons taking on the lease would be by way of increased rents to Akkeron, which presumably would not benefit the club.
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 11:58 am

knowing brent it will be a yuppy wine bar fit enough for Delboy. Also whatever goes there and my feeling it will be a pub chain like wetherspoons or worse walkabout it will be a direct knock on to the brittania pub with trade so that could be a stumbling block if they kick off.
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Seems like a combination of needing to keeps the fans happy and the lack of ability to sell his fast food units have been combined to bring in a better than nothing profit for Mr & Mrs Brent and another knock for the ability of the Club to generate income.

Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Chancellor wrote:
Apparently PAFC are putting together a business plan to take on one of the retail units in the new development for use as a supporters bar.

However apparently Akkeron will be listening to all offers for the unit earmarked as a sports bar, probably including giants such as Wetherspoons etc.

Seems strange to me that PAFC, a subsidiary of Akkeron, may not be a shoe-in for the unit. Profits made in a sports bar run by PAFC would go to the club, a subsidiary of Akkeron.

If the likes of Wetherspoons get the gig then those profits would never see the club. The only possible benefit of someone like Wetherspoons taking on the lease would be by way of increased rents to Akkeron, which presumably would not benefit the club.

If this sports bar was to go to someone like Wetherspoons and not to the club itself then even the biggest Brent ass-lickers like Newell would have great difficulty in defending this. Even Greensleeves would be laughed at if he even tried to make a case for Akkeron receiving more money in rental but meaning the club lost a helluva lot of income.

This could well be the straw that breaks the camels back.
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:41 pm

Also what does that mean? The club are putting together a business plan to Akkeron? Surely that means Mr and Mrs Brent chatting over the breakfast croissants?
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Jon B will soon be telling us what a "wonderful" idea this is.
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:58 pm

A sports bar if it were to open within the clusterfuck has to be financially viable and by that i mean its not just solely based around Argyle for match days. It has to take the walkabout model the rest of the time where it allows the masses to go and watch all sports with friends for a drink.
But i am more interested how Brent presents a proposal to himself :S
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:00 pm

There's something funny about this sports bar thing. According to much online debate, right at the very unveiling of the Akkeron Laugh-in plans, I'm sure the Green Taverners were supposedly offered to buy/pay a going rate rent for a bar space in the new stand ( somewhere around the old family enclosure ). I seem to remember it being said they rejected the idea. So, just what is all this last minute scurrying about. It doesn't add up somewhere. As for a big bar being incorporated in the new stand where the profit goes to Wetherspoons, and the capital purchase and/or rent goes to Brent, well, I can just imagine the anger with that one, and of course, why then would fans use that bar at all on non match days if the proceeds weren't going to the club ? Crazy. What's more I can't see any PAFC managed bar being anywhere near the standard required to service the needs. We may all have had a soft spot for the Far Post Club, but I don't think it would ever have succeeded out in the wild with high capital cost overheads.

I myself find the sports bar thing a double edged sword. As a daily user of the park, the last thing I want to see is this development of Brent's turn into another tatty boozy complex like the one down at Coxside, and I would assume the Council would be disappointed as well. While the Far Post had normalish opening hours, it was a club in the end. Quite a different animal than a "Walkabout"  But I obviously do want to see a far smarter and more inclusive "Far Post" watering hole that does the same opening hours and serves the fans and the park users, should that be their thing.

Brent hasn't a clue. He's right off piste, in fact what exactly is his bag ? History shows it sure as heck ain't banking.
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:08 pm

I don't think Wetherspoons would want a pub there for the same reasons that no one else wants a retail unit there, lack of footfall. They like places like Lemon Quay in Truro where there is a constant flow of people all day and all night not fits and starts when the new bond film comes out.
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:13 pm

Well, Iggy, we're not stupid, and the footfall is indeed the elephant in the room. It would be a joke. Hence the big very real worries that this whole thing could turn into a bigger clusterfuck than at first put forward for approval.

I am always suspicious of sliding agendas and the ubiquitous hindsight excuse used to pacify the natives. Especially in this town. Truro is quite a different comparatively sweet place for a day out or evening's entertainment.
I actually think if Brent can get his capital costs sorted and initial buyers, the medium term unsaid plan is to move the whole Pavillions music thing up to the park in the "skating rink" arena under the guise of rationalising the city's entertainment, and gentrifying fullythe Millbay and Royal William area.

Last edited by Winter Green on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Let's hope Wetherspoons gets it, be nice for City fan to make money out of youse mugs.
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Outside of the HHP thing, Tiddles, I must be one of the few people that actually don't mind the odd Wetherspoons pub. They're clean, sort of civilised, usually in a half decent building, and often have a couple of the local beers. And you can just afford to pay the prices. Not great but well acceptable for a short visit. The food's awful but you don't have to eat that. The Imperial I think it is in Exeter is a fine pub for it's big pub genre.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Outside of the HHP thing, Tiddles, I must be one of the few people that actually don't mind the odd Wetherspoons pub. They're clean, sort of civilised, usually in a half decent building, and often have a couple of the local beers. And you can just afford to pay the prices. Not great but well acceptable for a short visit. The food's awful but you don't have to eat that. The Imperial I think it is in Exeter is a fine pub for it's big pub genre.

I'm a bit the other way, I have experienced pretty poor service in a number of Spoons, I am not good at waiting for a beer.

As it happens there is some talk of the old Pizza Hut on our High Street becoming a Spoon, not shore how it would affect things as we already have all the themers and the home of TOWIE. I never venture that far meself, my fave always does half a dozen reals and rarely gets any rabble in.
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Meanwhile "Luton Green" thinks its great as it means that nice Mr Brent will have more money to invest in the club but sadly for him the Great Man pops up to tell everyone that all the money from the bar will go to PAFC and he doesnt do all the driving these days.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Just looked. and what a surprise.
Newell and Brent talk of a supporters' bar on Sunday and who Jimmy wants to own/run/rent it and lo and behold they have a thread on Tuesday from yet another leak. lol! 

It's Webbgate all over again. Greenmarc asked to do the honours last time around and Newell probably has a laugh when selecting who he wants to start the ball rolling on each new subject of news management, "friend" or "foe", it makes no difference, all part of the chase. This sort of manipulation goes on all the time these days.

All that really matters is who "owns" the unit, "who" pays for that ownership and how much, who runs it and gets the profit. It sounds to me as if Brenty wants to charge ( a capital purchase sum or yet another rent/lease ) to the club for the privilege of having a bar. And Newell thinks that's fine. What a creep. lol! 
If Brent was so keen for PAFC to pay it's way, one would have thought something as simple as a bar would have been one of the first things sorted. It just gets worse. Anybody who falls for this sort of manipulation needs to take a long hard look at themselves.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 5:26 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Newell and Brent talk of a supporters' bar on Sunday and who Jimmy wants to own/run/rent it and lo and behold they have a thread on Tuesday from yet another leak. lol! 

It's Webbgate all over again. Greenmarc asked to do the honours last time around and Newell probably has a laugh when selecting who he wants to start the ball rolling on each new subject of news management, "friend" or "foe", it makes no difference, all part of the chase. This sort of manipulation goes on all the time these days.

All that really matters is who "owns" the unit, "who" pays for that ownership and how much, who runs it and gets the profit. It sounds to me as if Brenty wants to charge ( a capital purchase sum or yet another rent/lease ) to the club for the privilege of having a bar. And Newell thinks that's fine. What a creep. lol! 
If Brent was so keen for PAFC to pay it's way, one would have thought something as simple as a bar would have been one of the first things sorted. It just gets worse. Anybody who falls for this sort of manipulation needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

By insinuation you are suggesting that I have been involved in a "controlled leak".

You are very very wrong but dont let me ruin your conspiracy theory.
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 5:43 pm

Calm down Chancellor, that is not what I'm saying.
If you look carefully at what I said, I said friend or foe.
By that I meant Newell, and others, have history in dropping "leaks" to those they collude with, and also those they don't. So, it doesn't mean that the leakee knows they are being used.  The effect of all these snippets reaching the public internet gossip columns by whichever route is that the leakers have half a chance of managing what will be inevitable public knowledge at some time.

It happens in all walks of life, even within many families at times when we deem it necessary. It's no conspiracy, unless life itself is a conspiracy.
You're awfully sensitive.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 5:47 pm

The Britannia is already owned by Weatherspoons- so would they want competition for one of their own pubs?

Back to top Go down
greensleeves

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 5:51 pm

Chancellor wrote:
Winter Green wrote:

By insinuation you are suggesting that I have been involved in a "controlled leak".

You are very very wrong but dont let me ruin your conspiracy theory.

Chancellor...many believe on here that the Chris Webb business was deliberately leaked by Greenmarc and therefore believe that you are part of some deliberate leak also...lot of conspititors on here
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
The Britannia is already owned by Weatherspoons- so would they want competition for one of their own pubs?

If they get a bar/pub within the clusterfuck then i am certain the Brit will be closed down. However if another pub chain ie walkabout moves in as then i am pretty certain also they wont be affected that much as on match days the brit is still popular despite fanfests and given some fans wont want to be in a packed area and lets not forget there will be no room to swing a cat within the clusterfuck when its even half full so it will still attract its crowd before and after games for that reason i feel.
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Nobody has accused Chancellor of being a part of any conspiracy. Keep stirring the shit greensleeves, oddball, al.
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 6:00 pm

The point is - an access for all supporters bar. I have a feeling it'll just be, if it's in the stand, a replacement for the Tribute Lounge. I would be amazed if we see a proper PAFC run bar for all fans.

Chancellor is obviously not amongst the IJN clique given that thread.

Firstly, we'll need an actual development for that to happen - things haven't moved on that much have they?
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Newell's making himself look as thick as pigshit again on that thread  Razz 

Now that Graham Clark is questioning Porky's inside knowledge on the supporters bar be prepared for Newell to have more pressing things to do like not go to Peru with his "rich" buddy and his partner in crime Webb  Very Happy 

If you were as absolutely moronic as Newell why would you set yourself up for so much ridicule by posting drivel when he knows full well that it is an important topic for Argyle fans and whatever he says is going to be dissected?

Once again Newell is the chosen vessel of communication between the club and the fans and once again he's making a Lyndsay Purse's earlobe of doing it. You'd think that Mr Brent would want his baby the PASB to be the bearer of good news but again they and the AFT are ignored in favour of a moron with a surplus stock of FES stickers and mugs in the boot of his car!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 6:09 pm

LOL...

And now we find out from Newell that the 'Hotel' will not have dining facilities and that guests will need to enter HP to feed themselves.

What a complete joke this whole development is.
Back to top Go down

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 6:22 pm

I read that Ricks, and couldn't believe my eyes. Which of course raises the whole initial worry of  whether this is an hotel at all, or some forerunner of student accomodation, I don't think I've ever known an hotel to be built without dinning facilities ..... ever.
There's certainly some porkies going on, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The supporters bar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The supporters bar   The supporters bar Empty

Back to top Go down

The supporters bar
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next