Coxside_Green
Ballboy1958EGS
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Like I said: you listen but do not hear.

Try to emancipate yourself from mental slavery because none but ourselves can free our minds.

Do you reckon jimmy likes a bit of Bob, or is he more of a Dancing Queen Abba type of chap?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:12 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Try to emancipate yourself from mental slavery because none but ourselves can free our minds.

Do you reckon jimmy likes a bit of Bob, or is he more of a Dancing Queen Abba type of chap?

Marylin Manson wearing full make up, latex onesie with false boobs.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:32 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Franny Rastafari ... Thumbs

Irie.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:36 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Classic FM all the way. He probably gets Bob about as much as Angry does. Possibly rocks out to a bit of Meatloaf with Snow Patrol, Coldplay and Travis providing the Indie alternative, Sade for the grooves and moves with the laydeez.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:39 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Classic FM all the way. He probably gets Bob about as much as Angry does. Possibly rocks out to a bit of Meatloaf with Snow Patrol, Coldplay and Travis providing the Indie alternative, Sade for the grooves and moves with the laydeez.

Its not about not getting bob, its just the vast majority who sing songs espeically at sports events dont tend scientifically disect lyrics to songs for deep and meaningful words for inspiration ..... and bobs music is more relaxed and mellow its not something you would listen to if you were wanting to get in the mood to go ko the world champ in a boxing match is it you would listen to it if you were sat at home want to chill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Wasn't that the whole point of signing that song at that time? Don't worry 'bout a ting. (dats how da kids wuz singing it).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:54 pm

Iggy wrote:
Wasn't that the whole point of signing that song at that time? Don't worry 'bout a ting. (dats how da kids wuz singing it).

i can only relate it to we're plymouth argyle we're trying our best
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:58 pm

It was more get up, stand up, don't give up the fight because you've go to stand up for your rights, Angry.

There's more than one way to skin a rabbit.

Funny how one of his more relaxed and mellow ditties inspired a near-miracle comeback on Tuesday, isn't it? At least that was how it felt to those of us, so far as I am aware without exception, in the stadium.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:07 pm

Bob Marley.....hasn't he got a brother in one of Charles Dickens books....... scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:47 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
It was more get up, stand up, don't give up the fight because you've go to stand up for your rights, Angry.

Funny how one of his more relaxed and mellow ditties inspired a near-miracle comeback on Tuesday, isn't it? At least that was how it felt to those of us, so far as I am aware without exception, in the stadium.

i think thats what i said at the beginning wasnt it how its odd a bob marley track did that?
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 12:14 am

Like how could this inspire West Ham United
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and this Liverpool
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 12:17 am

Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

i think thats what i said at the beginning wasnt it how its odd a bob marley track did that?

File that one under "whoosh".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 7:08 am

Mr. President Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Like I've said before Angers you wouldn't understand it unless you were there, I was and agree with the others about the effect it had. It lifted the feeling of gloom and lifted the pressure off the players, no boos, more bongs.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 8:02 am

The initial chant was 100% a jokey gallows humour thing. If we hadn't have scored, and the game had finished 0-3 you'd never would have heard it again. But it just so happened that Ansah hit the back of the net and what started as a jokey chant, turned into a defiant loud reverberating chant.

It was all about the timing of Ansahs goal, and subsequently the next goal too.

When Banton scored the defiant 'don't worry' chant became a euphoric anthem. The spontaneity of it was something that could never be duplicated by any sort of Pasoti-led manufacturing attempt for Thursday night.

It's a shame really because I'm pretty sure the great memories of Saturday night will quickly be diluted by Jester-hatted tw@s trying to start the chant every 5 minutes at every bloody game from now on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 9:38 am

Well said!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 2:12 pm

Iggy wrote:
It was great Angers, you should have been there.

(((((((((((((((Chokes on coffee)))))))))))))) Laughing

I'm more of a Pastafarian, than a Rastafarian........... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 8:14 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Iggy wrote:
It was great Angers, you should have been there.

(((((((((((((((Chokes on coffee)))))))))))))) Laughing

I'm more of a Pastafarian, than a Rastafarian...........  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11521455/Pastafarian-accuses-DVLA-of-discrimination-for-rejecting-photo-of-him-with-a-colander-on-his-head.html  What a Face

fishing

Last edited by Mr. President Angry on Wed May 13, 2015 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
With-menace

With-menace

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 10:34 pm

Ya know why I man dread play in green afro
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 11:30 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Now there is no more of a big old miserable bastard than me these days, but the last time there was an atmosphere like that at HP was when Newcastle went up and we went down. I was sat quite high up in the Grandstand by the Press Box and thought the atmosphere was brilliant. Even after that piss poor third goal went in there was still something coming out the Deveonport but when Marley spread the lurve even the codgers in Grandstand (yes you Mr Blight) were singing and clapping and asking those sat next to them how to turn the torch on their phones on. I think Ansah and Banton had more influence than the crowd, but after all the shit of the past 7/8 years it was certainly a great night to be there - and I look forward to an even better night on Thursday (thanks to the extra 300 tickets!!)

Oi, less of the codger Mr. Lenszner, I'm a youngster compared with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE SUPPORTERS   ARGYLE SUPPORTERS - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARGYLE SUPPORTERS
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5