sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
steveinspain

steveinspain

ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Good Post  I agree with all of that, and we are still getting powder puff answers to important questions.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 12:52 pm

Not for the first time Brent's entourage attempt to shoot the messenger. When will they see the light?

They have painted themselves into a corner and are now looking ridiculous.

Tune in to any BBC Spotlight programme and you will find a shit stirring theme running throughout.

Be it the NHS, Devon & Cornwall Police, Government cuts, local City Councils, you name it they'll trash it.

This show was no different. The paranoia displayed by Brent and his boy's reveals desperation.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 1:36 pm

Well, put Gareth... you don't have to be anti-James Brent to realised that the whole HHP scheme was, at best, half-baked and Akkeron's pedigree in land development projects is non-existent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 1:50 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:
Well, put Gareth... you don't have to be anti-James Brent to realised that the whole HHP scheme was, at best, half-baked and Akkeron's pedigree in land development projects is non-existent.

stevie wonder could have seen that it was a complete clusterfuck whether he was friend or foe. Cramming as much as you can into one area is just asking for failure.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 1:53 pm

Which is exactly the reason why most people didn't shed a tear when it became clear that the development wasn't going to happen - it would have been a horrible, impractical eyesore.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 2:02 pm

I don't regard myself a 'brown tint' , rather someone capable of assessing the bigger picture and refusing to shut up, while others were enjoying the ride.

It's over a decade since a few of us freaks n weirdos predicted the inevitable demise of the stapleton regime and at the same time recognised the burgeoning pasoti control group and their ambitions.
As soon as the reluctant one annointed them for mutual benefit and has continued to be as one with them, it was clear that the club was being used more for self interest than real and sustained recovery.

The supporters are treated as fools by the top brass and protected from the educated w@nkers by Nool and the gang.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Will Andy surface onto any of Argyle fans forum's again or just stay on his twitter page?

Have you got a link to his Twitter? I would guess it makes for interesting reading over the last few days..
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Will Andy surface onto any of Argyle fans forum's again or just stay on his twitter page?

Have you got a link to his Twitter? I would guess it makes for interesting reading over the last few days..
No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Gareth Nicholson wrote:
nikkk wrote:
Rickler wrote:
nikkk wrote:

Sam, I think you must agree that there was at least an agenda  or more kindly a direction in the report...   

You keep plugging this notion, yet so far have refused to say what it is and why?

Mate it's of course only my opinion, but for me when you do watch the report it's pretty clear that the BBC had set it's stall out to be anti JB and the progression of the HHP scheme. What do you think ? Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the plans ....

And here's the problem writ large. It's not a binary thing. There's an immature strain of "green tintism" led by Newell that essentially says "if you're not cheerleading then you're the enemy". It's bollocks. But there's also an immature strain of "brown tintism" that is expert in nose-cutting and face-spiting.

For me, we nearly went to the wall because not enough questions were asked and too much faith was put in powder-puff answers. We were treated like supine idiots. I can't believe how short some people's memories are, especially given the frequency with which they trot out the "what did you do in the war" line. There isn't a line that says "Brent's the saviour/Brent's a charlatan". There's a good case to make that he has stabilised the club and has got us in a better league position than might otherwise have been the case. But there's also a good case that asks questions about his long-term intentions and whether this is for the benefit of James Brent's pension fund or PAFC. And the club's track record off the pitch on the big things is mixed to say the least.

The piece wasn't "anti". It just asked questions and raised points that some might find inconvenient. And some would argue that it's a year or so late in doing so.

The media are allowed to cover the shades of grey and the BBC's remit includes fair and balanced local journalism. That might be inconvenient for businessmen with commercial interests at stake, but given Mr Brent's role in public life in Plymouth and Devon (Uni, NHS, Plymouth city centre and Argyle) it's natural and right for those questions to be asked.

There will be some, I'm sure, who are frustrated with the Herald's lack of meaningful questions, allowing the Chief Exec and the President (remember him?) to essentially publish a regular column of unchallenged propoganda.

Here here. Very well put, Gareth.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 7:56 am

With all that has happened over the last few years with JB's arrival and the 'outrage' from some people online over the 'anti Brent piece' on spotlight, the music from this TV commercial, for me sums up these people's defence of him to a tee!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8