Rickler
Chemical Ali
sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:15 pm

nikkk wrote:
Iggy wrote:
nikkk wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
if anyome thinks the bbc has a agenda against brent or pafc then they need to report it to the bbc trust because bbc news it meant to be fair and balanced. Which I think it was
Only a very few people give a toss about pafc or Brent,for what possible reason would the BBC be biased against brent?? it was fair imo.

Ok fair enough and I get where you are coming from but you must admit loads of the whole story left out !!

Oh come on Nikk we've had three years of the pro Brent herald editing all the anti comments out, Brent self promotion on the telly with no right of reply from the other side asked or given, then one story goes out from the the other side and the BBC have an agenda, are you having a laugh?

Oh come on Iggy if you have an issue with JB  you could ask him direct as you well know....  the BBC piece was clearly leaning .... but look, at the end of the day what do we want ? And I mean today.... JB has stabilised the club financially, we are fighting for a play off place at least,  and we have turned the corner from almost oblivion..

What you and I want are clearly polar opposites, you buy into team Brent, I don't, I warned we would go nowhere under Brent and his underfunded acquisition of Argyle, I don't think he has the interests of Argyle at Heart, his plans are in tatters and we are in debt but to an unknown amount because the club keeps us in the dark apart from the stripes on the shirts. As for ask Jim yourself why should I? That's bullshit and just used as a tool to deflect criticism from Brent. The Brent tenure is coming to an end and the media has noted this.
As for the football we have been under Brent for three years and we are still bumbling along, if we don't get promoted we will see a complete collapse of team and club as the couple of stars we have leave and we have to start from scratch again. I don't want that myself but the poor management at the club will see to it, feck all to do with me and my tin hat.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:16 pm

Do you think there's any chance of the minutes of these ongoing negotiations between JB and PCC being made public? Or even a representative of a democratic fans organisation being present?

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:17 pm

nikkk wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
I`m sorry but when someone refuses to comment they normally have something to hide or the news report have been proved correct.

Not at all . If negotiations are ongoing it's the best thing to do...
Whats the negotiations... i say you council chappies i want a big bag of cash 5mill should do! i'm going to build the gratefuls a Grandstand!
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:19 pm

nikkk wrote:
Well I do think the BBC have an agenda that they are following..... as I guess is obvious..

Hi Nik,

I'm going to break ATD etiquette here and try to discuss rather than insult. affraid

I'm unsure where the bias argument comes from with regards to the BBC here? They gave a fair account of the series of non-events that have surround the development. Obviously reducing 2 years into 2 mins its not the most detailed or polished report, but it was a fair surmise of the situation nonetheless. Fans are rightly frustrated with the lack of action. Naturally frustration has been largely appeased by a far more satisfying on field showing this season, but regardless whether you're anti, pro or indifferent Brent its still frustrating and the BBC captured that fairly well.

I understand that talks between the club and council are on-going, but if the club is serious about whatever the next course of action may be, then they had the opportunity to explain what that would be to the BBC or alternatively they have plenty of their own platforms in which to release a statement to give greater clarity. Sadly we've received little idea as to what's really going on. We've heard that the Bretonside go ahead will stop HHP in its current guise in its tracks, but the plans beyond that are vague.

It seems to me that any criticism of this BBC report is misguided annoyance at our chairman's lack of conviction of his own plans.

Sam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:20 pm

[quote="nikkk"]
lawnmowerman wrote:
I`m sorry but when someone refuses to comment they normally have something to hide or the news report have been proved correct.

Ive been told from several different sources that the Brent/PCC deal is dead in the water and has been for a while now, clutching at straws.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:20 pm

And you can feck off Spolly you two faced wanker.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Iggy wrote:
And you can feck off Spolly you two faced wanker.

lol! lol! lol! Sensitive much? I just find the constant insults at the Pasoti crew on here boring man.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:39 pm

Iggy wrote:
nikkk wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

Ive been told from several different sources that the Brent/PCC deal is dead in the water and has been for a while now, clutching at straw

I agree with Iggy, my moles inside the labour/Council is the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:42 pm

nikkk wrote:
Iggy wrote:
nikkk wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
if anyome thinks the bbc has a agenda against brent or pafc then they need to report it to the bbc trust because bbc news it meant to be fair and balanced. Which I think it was
Only a very few people give a toss about pafc or Brent,for what possible reason would the BBC be biased against brent?? it was fair imo.

Ok fair enough and I get where you are coming from but you must admit loads of the whole story left out !!

Oh come on Nikk we've had three years of the pro Brent herald editing all the anti comments out, Brent self promotion on the telly with no right of reply from the other side asked or given, then one story goes out from the the other side and the BBC have an agenda, are you having a laugh?

Oh come on Iggy if you have an issue with JB  you could ask him direct as you well know....  the BBC piece was clearly leaning .... but look, at the end of the day what do we want ? And I mean today.... JB has stabilised the club financially, we are fighting for a play off place at least,  and we have turned the corner from almost oblivion..

has he though im yet too see the books or the account records.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:42 pm

spowell92 wrote:
nikkk wrote:
Well I do think the BBC have an agenda that they are following..... as I guess is obvious..

Hi Nik,

I'm going to break ATD etiquette here and try to discuss rather than insult. affraid

I'm unsure where the bias argument comes from with regards to the BBC here? They gave a fair account of the series of non-events that have surround the development. Obviously reducing 2 years into 2 mins its not the most detailed or polished report, but it was a fair surmise of the situation nonetheless. Fans are rightly frustrated with the lack of action. Naturally frustration has been largely appeased by a far more satisfying on field showing this season, but regardless whether you're anti, pro or indifferent Brent its still frustrating and the BBC captured that fairly well.

I understand that talks between the club and council are on-going, but if the club is serious about whatever the next course of action may be, then they had the opportunity to explain what that would be to the BBC or alternatively they have plenty of their own platforms in which to release a statement to give greater clarity. Sadly we've received little idea as to what's really going on. We've heard that the Bretonside go ahead will stop HHP in its current guise in its tracks, but the plans beyond that are vague.

It seems to me that any criticism of this BBC report is misguided annoyance at our chairman's lack of conviction of his own plans.

Sam

Sam, I think you must agree that there was at least an agenda or more kindly a direction in the report... but the facts are that JB and the club do want the best for Argyle and for JB or Ms to have got involved in this particular discussion would have been counter productive (considering the ongoing discussions with the council) . I imagine you accept that considering where we were 2 years ago, we as a club have made substantial progress. We don't have a billionaire running the club, but we do have an owner that is committed to sustainable growth and development , and for me that is the way forward right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:44 pm

Could you ask Jim what the debt is pls Nikk?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:48 pm

nikkk wrote:

Sam, I think you must agree that there was at least an agenda  or more kindly a direction in the report...  

You keep plugging this notion, yet so far have refused to say what it is and why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 10:55 pm

Rickler wrote:
nikkk wrote:

Sam, I think you must agree that there was at least an agenda  or more kindly a direction in the report...   

You keep plugging this notion, yet so far have refused to say what it is and why?

Mate it's of course only my opinion, but for me when you do watch the report it's pretty clear that the BBC had set it's stall out to be anti JB and the progression of the HHP scheme. What do you think ? Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the plans ....
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:01 pm

I`m sorry nikkk the bbc report is anti brent because of the evidence before them.  The civic centre, HHP, pavilions oh and don`t forget oldway mansion.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:03 pm

nikkk wrote:
spowell92 wrote:
nikkk wrote:

Hi Nik,

Sam

Sam, I think you must agree that there was at least an agenda  or more kindly a direction in the report... but the facts are that JB and the club do want the best for Argyle and for JB or Ms  to have got involved in this particular discussion would  have been counter productive (considering the ongoing discussions with the council) . I imagine you accept that considering where we were 2 years ago, we as a club have made substantial progress. We don't have a billionaire running the club, but we do have an owner that is committed to sustainable growth and development , and for me that is the way forward right now.  

I disagree that there's a pre-existing agenda, but the report does head in a direction that leads to a negative portrayal of Brent. That comes as the result of Brent's own non-actions with the development though, nothing else. Its a factual recount of the last 2 years surrounding the HHP development, that's the direction that the report takes and any negative portrayal off the back of it comes purely down to the negative non-actions of the man at the centre of it. I don't share the cynicism of many on this site and believe that Brent's intentions are genuine, but I share many people's skepticism as to whether Brent can actually deliver on what he's set out to achieve - although I have to say I found his proposed HHP designs a total disaster for the club and counter productive of the organic growth model he's been preaching.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:04 pm

Rickler wrote:
nikkk wrote:

The whole piece was centred round the failure of Brents HHP plan getting off the ground. If you listen to Nikkk or Newell or De Lar, then anyone who dares mention or question these hard facts (including now obviously, the BBC) you are to be looked upon as a traitor, not a REAL FAN, or a freak and wierdo.

What is most damning is that there is nobody anywhere who could be considered neutral, that thinks along the same lines as the Pasoti Owner, his Site Manager, or their friend and Argyle benefactor, Nikkk.

It isn't rocket science. Yet while there are still Directors Box perks to be had, Newell will continue to bang the Brent drum, regardless.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:04 pm

nikkk wrote:
Rickler wrote:
nikkk wrote:

Mate it's of course only my opinion, but for me when you do watch the report it's pretty clear that the BBC had set it's stall out to be anti JB and the progression of the HHP scheme. What do you think ? Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the plans ....

Utter rubbish. It's very clear now that it's you with the agenda not the BBC, whose report was 100% fair, honest and totally accurate. Why continue to defend the indefensible? You of all people should know businesses can fail or run into financial difficulty and become unable to deliver.
Back to top Go down
womble

womble

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:08 pm

We are seeing the posters with the agenda coming out both here and on pasoti. Mods on pasoti, "nikk" on here.

To me not questioning the lack of action or lack of a firm plan is anti-argyle. It is not in the clubs best interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:11 pm

nikkk wrote:
Rickler wrote:
nikkk wrote:

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing dont make me laugh!! Spotlight couldn't have been more pro brent for years if they took up a modship on pasoti and slagged this place off left right and centre.

James has been on Spotlight many times in the past to promote his clusterfuck and over things, webb has been on there many times to talk bollocks as usual and your mate ian has been too for that matter.
So please dont try to paint bbc as being anti brent and argyle because they have finally done a fair and balanced report on Brent's failure to deliver on yet another project he gained planning permission for because they didnt ask your mates to lie and say the fans are happy.

Were spotlight lying when they said they asked Brent to comment on their report so he could have he right to reply? Hardly the actions of a anti JB corporation.

Fans want the best for the club not indivduals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:14 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
I`m sorry nikkk the bbc report is anti brent because of the evidence before them.  The civic centre, HHP, pavilions oh and don`t forget oldway mansion.

Hold on ... The BBC have no real idea how the Pavilions is getting on ( and I apologise if I am braking a confidence but I believe it is a huge turnaround)... the civic centre we simply don't know,but I guess was an option not taken up because it wasn't viable and Oldway we don't know the backround do we , so ridiculous to comment. I'm really not blindly supporting JB for the sake of it , but be fair and consider the whole picture...
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:16 pm

I think somebody's been at the cooking sherry all day.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:18 pm

I see on the pasoti thread that Bob Foale says the BBC agenda was negative and will think twice about accepting another invitation for an interview.

3 questions for Bob.

Why was that report negative?

What possible reason would the BBC have an agenda?

Why would the AFT Leader think twice about giving an interview to an organisation who, by its own rules has to be seen to be fair. I would have thought the last thing the AFT Leader would want to do is rule out any sort of chance to put the AFT and its members wishes or feelings to a wider audience.

I agree with Sam P in the post above the only negative is the one created by JB and his inability to get anything done on HHP.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:18 pm

You know that people haven't got a leg to stand on when they start accusing the BBC of conspiracies. Especially in that hotbed of political intrigue, erm, BBC Spotlight. Really? Really? Could we not just stop for a moment and think about the nonsense we're spouting? Where would the BBC's interest be in having an 'agenda' over Brent. I don't know if you've noticed, but the media tend to be pretty lenient towards football clubs because the media likes to be given as much access as possible to said clubs. Where would the BBC's interest be in taking against Argyle or JB?

Here's a thought: maybe the BBC just took a look at Brent's record on development and put together a report that was critical. Because that's the only view you can possibly take so far. He's benefitted from political goodwill but hasn't come up with the goods. Those are the facts, and no amount of speculation about endangering ongoing negotiations with the council etc changes them. Try taking a step back and looking at those facts before accusing the BBC with its professional journalists of deliberate misinformation. Of course everyone accuses the BBC of agendas etc these days, but just think about how serious your allegation is.

And whatever spin you try to put on it, Argyle blundered by not putting anyone forward to comment, or even a simple statement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:24 pm

Angry wrote:
nikkk wrote:
Rickler wrote:
nikkk wrote:

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing dont make me laugh!! Spotlight couldn't have been more pro brent for years if they took up a modship on pasoti and slagged this place off left right and centre.

James has been on Spotlight many times in the past to promote his clusterfuck and over things, webb has been on there many times to talk bollocks as usual and your mate ian has been too for that matter.
So please dont try to paint bbc as being anti brent and argyle because they have finally done a fair and balanced report on Brent's failure to deliver on yet another project he gained planning permission for because they didnt ask your mates to lie and say the fans are happy.

Were spotlight lying when they said they asked Brent to comment on their report so he could have he right to reply? Hardly the actions of a anti JB corporation.

"Fans want the best for the club not indivduals." And I don't know anyone associated with the club that want's anything different mate !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:27 pm

nikkk wrote:
Angry wrote:
nikkk wrote:
Rickler wrote:
nikkk wrote:

"Fans want the best for the club not indivduals."   And I don't know anyone associated with the club that want's anything different mate !!

really so i must be seeing things as i see yourself and pasoti mods seem to be protecting brent over wanting answers that concern the club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm   ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

ANDY SYMONS on BBC 1 Spotlight 6.30pm
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next