AstiSpumante
Czarcasm
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

New Striker in..... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:40 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
footballfan1 wrote:
Brunty is pure quality old school centre forward with some time under his belt he will  excel and  will take the pilgrims to promotion. The Stevenage fans are abs gutted they didn't sign him. Given his age, pedigree and schooling I reckon we have got a star player. I can see Brunty having massive re sale value in the next 12 month. A huge signing all round boxes ticked. Welcome to the pilgrims Brunty
Yep agree with that, a masterstroke by Green Jim, i've just been out and bought three season tickets and a pasoti mug i'm that excited.
Didn't know you were a Porkie and needed 3 seats ss68!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:46 pm

Great comedy guys !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:08 pm

As i have said before i'll give him the benefit of the doubt see what he does for us but i cant deny his signing doesnt inspire me at all and his record of injuries and goals or lack of is a concern.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:25 pm

footballfan1 wrote:
Brunty is pure quality old school centre forward with some time under his belt he will  excel and  will take the pilgrims to promotion. The Stevenage fans are abs gutted they didn't sign him. Given his age, pedigree and schooling I reckon we have got a star player. I can see Brunty having massive re sale value in the next 12 month. A huge signing all round boxes ticked. Welcome to the pilgrims Brunty

Totally agree. He definitely has obvious quality, that's why he hasn't scored in 18 months, is perma-injured and sides below us in the pecking order don't want him.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:31 pm

Angry wrote:
As i have said before i'll give him the benefit of the doubt see what he does for us but i cant deny his signing doesnt inspire me at all and his record of injuries and goals or lack of is a concern.

If he's fit I'd play him against Morecambe and drop Reuben to the bench, he's become stale and cocksure of his place in the starting X1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:32 pm

We have to give the lad a chance, it goes without saying. But the boxes that get fans eager with anticipation, this lad does not tick. Lecointe is an England rated youth international with goals to his name ON PAPER. But is he a top prospect for us when he has been injured 80% of his career? if Preston were to sign Lecointe we'd all be baffled - and that is exactly what we to appear to have done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:

If he's fit I'd play him against Morecambe and drop Reuben to the bench, he's become stale and cocksure of his place in the starting X1.

I cant see Sheridan dropping the only guy in the team who can score. Alessandra i would if i were to do it. Morgan has been told he can go if he wants so i cant see him playing for us again.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:41 pm

Not good enough for non league Bristol Rovers, but good enough for Plymouth Argyle? In Green Jim we trust.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:48 pm

The poor sods written off already, FFS give the fella a chance
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:52 pm

Graiser wrote:

Why? he's been crap everywhere else, why should argyle fans be happy with this sort of signing? He's come from the job centre ffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Sorry didn't realise you knew all about this player? besides who said anything about being happy with the signing, the point is he's our player now, so he deserves our support.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 1:38 am

Graiser wrote:
Sorry didn't realise you knew all about this player? besides who said anything about being happy with the signing, the point is  he's our player now, so he deserves our support.

The player deserves our support and he will get it. He will be given a clean slate to impress. However in the meantime he has a short career history for us to judge him and you cannot come to any other conclusion than it is a bizarre signing. He must have the same agent as Norburn, and one that can sell sand to Arabs (is that phrase acceptable to Pasties and Cider or do I need to PM an apology?). Both have been young, more miss than hit at Bristol Rovers with both lads desperate to be away - and it is always us that takes these cast offs.

I really hope he is the next Mariner, but that signing was from the 1970s FFS. We have since had Rhys Griffiths, Nick Chadwick and George Donnelly in the last 5 years alone and all achieved next to nothing - but history tends to forget the bad examples and remember the good ones.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 8:13 am

The difference is with Norburn is that he's actually been good for us so far, was released from them when they were in League Two rather than the conference and not for footballing reasons. The consensus from their fans was that he played fairly well there until whatever scandal it was (google will fill in the gaps in your imagination) that made him leave the club.

Of course Brunt may prove us all wrong but the two players are two entirely different kettles of fish imo.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:04 am

Meanwhile Luton are in talks with Andy Johnson.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:46 am

ejh wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sorry didn't realise you knew all about this player? besides who said anything about being happy with the signing, the point is  he's our player now, so he deserves our support.

The player deserves our support and he will get it. He will be given a clean slate to impress. However in the meantime he has a short career history for us to judge him and you cannot come to any other conclusion than it is a bizarre signing. He must have the same agent as Norburn, and one that can sell sand to Arabs (is that phrase acceptable to Pasties and Cider or do I need to PM an apology?). Both have been young, more miss than hit at Bristol Rovers with both lads desperate to be away - and it is always us that takes these cast offs.

I really hope he is the next Mariner, but that signing was from the 1970s FFS. We have since had Rhys Griffiths, Nick Chadwick and George Donnelly in the last 5 years alone and all achieved next to nothing - but history tends to forget the bad examples and remember the good ones.

Oh I don't know.

Nick Chadwick nearly set a world record if I remember correctly......could have been sent off in 1 to 2 seconds of the kick off in one match.....before finally getting a red card before half-time......from the kick-off he literally pole-axed a player and the Ref let him stay on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:26 am

ejh wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Rhys Griffiths gave us plenty thankyou very much!! he gave us an endless supply of fake fireman helmets, thankyou very much forza nerde for that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Look how far we've come
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 12:07 pm

green_genie wrote:

Real Striker

Now that would sell a few tickets.

If you're going to sign a striker with injury issues best to get one who has played for England. In addition what message does that send out to other prospective signings. Which club would you rather sign for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 12:26 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
green_genie wrote:

Real Striker

Now that would sell a few tickets.

If you're going to sign a striker with injury issues best to get one who has played for England. In addition what message does that send out to other prospective signings. Which club would you rather sign for?

Yes those 5 games a season that he plays will sellouts
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 12:36 pm

As opposed to the 46 games a season Billy's Boots from Bristol Rovers has a history of playing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
As opposed to the 46 games a season Billy's Boots from Bristol Rovers has a history of playing.

Difference being billy boots wont be on huge money like Andy Johnson who will be unless anne diamond's fella locks him into a pay as you play deal.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 1:31 pm

If your not a positive happy clappy Brent lover yoooooooom not a proper fan? what a bag of shite! i object to brent and his toadies trying to turn Argyle into a Torquay united type club with a small little stand and Dogshit signings who are at best lower fourth division standard.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 1:36 pm

Graiser wrote:

Second that.

Give him at least 5-10 games and then judge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:43 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
If your not a positive happy clappy Brent lover yoooooooom not a proper fan? what a bag of shite! i object to brent and his toadies trying to turn Argyle into a Torquay united type club with a small little stand and Dogshit signings who are at best lower fourth division standard.

Not sure what that comments got to do with the OP but I'll indulge you, what do you think we ought to be doing then ? Spending 500k on another Maclean perhaps ?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:51 pm

Graiser wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Not sure what that comments  got to do with the OP but I'll indulge you, what do you think we ought to be doing then ?  Spending 500k on another Maclean perhaps ?

You keep clapping with jim, i'll keep wanting better! not expecting that kind of figure to be spent or anywhere near it, what i do expect though is not to be insulted with rejects from non league clubs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Striker in.....
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next