AstiSpumante
Czarcasm
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

New Striker in..... Empty
PostSubject: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:28 pm

Hooray for a striker cheers
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Looking purely at his statistics and his CV, I can't say I'm at all enamoured but I won't say a word more than that because the last time I judged a player negatively based on his CV it turned out to be Caolan Lavery.

He's clearly not a goalscorer so could he be a good goal provider? Or a good long-ball/hold-up option to see the game out? A better version of Morgan/Smalley perhaps? Welcome to Home Park anyway and hopefully prove me and the other doubters wrong.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:34 pm

You're the only doubter so far !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:34 pm

How village a signing
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Didn't take long did it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:45 pm

Not a great one for taking too much notice of other fans opinions about players as a rule but the Stevenage fan site were hopeful that they could sign him, apparently did quite well there. The Bristol Rovers site is just basically full of "injury prone but all the best to him" type comments. Hearing the words "Argyle signing/injury prone" in the same sentence always makes my cock invert after so many bad experiences in the past but all the best to Ryan anyway-when fit, he would seem to be a Trigger type target man, which would not come amiss in the current Argyle squad. Could it mean the end for Morgan? We shall see. Can't say that we're exactly pushing the boat out though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:46 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Didn't take long did it Rolling Eyes

ill give him the benefit of the doubt but he doesnt fill me with any hope our playoff dreams is anymore on than it was without him.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Injury prone striker who can't get a game in the Conference and we give him an 18 month contract. My Cockney rhyming slang vocabulary has just expanded.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Not a great one for taking too much notice of other fans opinions about players as a rule but the Stevenage fan site were hopeful that they could sign him, apparently did quite well there. The Bristol Rovers site is just basically full of "injury prone but all the best to him" type comments. Hearing the words "Argyle signing/injury prone" in the same sentence always makes my cock invert after so many bad experiences in the past but all the best to Ryan anyway-when fit, he would seem to be a Trigger type target man, which would not come amiss in the current Argyle squad. Could it mean the end for Morgan? We shall see. Can't say that we're exactly pushing the boat out though.

This.

One day we may sign a player that I've heard of. Unlikely while we're bargain basement shopping.

Best of luck to the young man. Hope he's played in the right position.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 7:12 pm

If this signing doesnt prove that there is no transfer budget i dont know what can.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 7:24 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Injury prone striker who can't get a game in the Conference and we give him an 18 month contract. My Cockney rhyming slang vocabulary has just expanded.

lol!!!

Only @ argyle, we have a penchant for going for injured or prone players.

Going for promotion big time!!

Could be good or could be a dud, you decide.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 8:00 pm

A Classic Brent signing, another Bristol Rovers reject. If he not good enough for the conference wtf are Argyle doing?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Cobi reckons this guy has not scored a league goal since march 2013? Wonder what he's like at picking up litter?
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 8:15 pm

On the plus side Sherry does seem to have a good eye for a player and he's only 21, let's judge after a few games.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 8:26 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:

Anybody, somebody who can score a bloody goal!
Goodbye to marvelous Marvin after all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 8:27 pm

akagreengull wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

Anybody, somebody who can score a bloody goal!
Goodbye to marvelous Marvin after all?

not atm as Hartlepool said no.
Back to top Go down
argyle_till_i_die

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:16 pm

Bristol rovers fans will be laughing at this one. Had so much promise, allegedly, but came nowhere near realising it.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:24 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Your motivational, inspirational and management skills are clear to see. Ever thought of being positive?

Welcome to Ryan - now show us what you got! salute
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:54 pm

Welcome Son. Prove them all wrong.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 10:03 pm

Welcome to the new new boy. Fill yer boots!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 10:44 pm

Can't be a worse option than Harvey.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 11:38 pm

I just really really hope that even if he doesn't score very much he works hard, does what asked of him and is a team player, that's good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:55 am

tigertony wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Your motivational, inspirational and management skills are clear to see. Ever thought of being positive?

Welcome to Ryan - now show us what you got! salute

Sorry TT - We haven't scored for 4 and a half hours so we sign a striker who hasn't scored for almost 2 years. He may have potential but we need goals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 2:36 am

Seeing as this guy has the number 28 allocated to him that it means O'Connor wont be coming back anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... Empty

Back to top Go down

New Striker in.....
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next