GreenSam
AstiSpumante
Czarcasm
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

New Striker in..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 5:10 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Injury prone striker who can't get a game in the Conference and we give him an 18 month contract. My Cockney rhyming slang vocabulary has just expanded.
Your motivational, inspirational and management skills are clear to see. Ever thought of being positive?

Welcome to Ryan - now show us what you got! salute

Sorry TT - We haven't scored for 4 and a half hours so we sign a striker who hasn't scored for almost 2 years. He may have potential but we need goals.

It's a kind of inverted motivational signing.

"Look lads I know you're in the dumps about not scoring for nearly a whole series of Broadchurch but look who I've just bought......the last time he scored Margaret Thatcher was still alive so stop feeling sorry for yourselves, feel sorry for him and let's go and score some goals"

On another matter TT when was it part of the supporters contract to also be motivational, inspirational and display management skills? I thought I just had to wearily trudge thousands of miles each year and pay some money. If you knew your history for the last 10 years many of the permanent signings we've made have been injury prone. It is one thing when you're doing it with Emile Mpenza, a totally different thing when you're gambling on the fitness of a 23 year old conference player. I think Damon is being restrained.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:16 am

Shaddap and enjoy the ride ! Sam will get to interview him, The Windsor boys can take him fishing and Plymouth is a great place to recuperate from endless injury. laugh
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:04 pm

Iggy wrote:
I just really really hope that even if he doesn't score very much he works hard, does what asked of him and is a team player, that's good enough for me.

Second that..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:26 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Iggy wrote:
I just really really hope that even if he doesn't score very much he works hard, does what asked of him and is a team player, that's good enough for me.

Second that..

All joking aside and I was joking btw, this could be a good signing, the problem we have is the lack of wide players and midfield, if BR and O'Conner did come back plus another one or two decent players then this lad could well be a good addition to the squad and support for Roobs and Allesandra. If this is meant to replace the three players we have just lost then it falls sort of an adequate replacement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:31 pm

Tbf we needed another striker, it doesn't matter what your defence does if your strike partners aren't scoring goals - which, right now, they aren't.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:35 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Cobi reckons this guy has not scored a league goal since march 2013? Wonder what he's like at picking up litter?

Made i giggle that one ss!!!
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:37 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Shaddap and enjoy the ride ! Sam will get to interview him, The Windsor boys can take him fishing and Plymouth is a great place to recuperate from endless injury. laugh

Or s-ag his girlfriend!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:40 pm

ffs guys who cares we've re-signed bobby
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Can't be a worse option than Harvey.

I hear we are converting him to midield!!
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:57 pm

I'll never knock a player until he's proved himself to be pish, the history may raise an eyebrow but we did well with other clubs rejects and freebies during our last L2 promotion.

The proof will be in the pudding with this one, let's hope he's not a (ahem) pudding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:06 pm

By all accounts he was good before his injuries.

I'll watch him with an open mind (as much as possible) but frankly if we get him fit then I don't see why he can't return to his original state.

Good luck to the lad.
Back to top Go down
MannameadGreen

MannameadGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Bizarre signing on paper but I'll give him a chance. You can't think this is Sheridan's first choice.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 5:19 pm

MannameadGreen wrote:
Bizarre signing on paper but I'll give him a chance. You can't think this is Sheridan's first choice.

Third choice apparently, Messi agreed to join, booked a crash course of English lessons(janner style) but then pulled out when he realised we didn't have an airport. Then Man City accepted our bid of 100 million for Aguero (£99,999,999.00 plus Marvin) but that fell through when Marv decided to see out his contract at HP.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 5:20 pm

argyle_till_i_die wrote:
Bristol rovers fans will be laughing at this one. Had so much promise, allegedly, but came nowhere near realising it.
What bo****s you sprout. Read their forums and all (bar 1) said that he was very good pre-injury but still hasn't quite got back firing. All were saying ''Good luck'' and not 1 said ''Thank F*** for that'' Next thing is to allow JS to get him back to where he was - like JS did with Reid.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 5:22 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
ffs guys who cares we've re-signed bobby
Oh yes - excellent news Thumbs
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:08 pm

Plankton
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:09 pm

Plankton
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Just 2 of them? Thought they hung around in billions?

Happy Birthday!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:23 pm

I think I know what I meant Very Happy

I agree with your view on loans/feeder clubs (Dick) but even when the England manager is selecting his first eleven from players in the Championship, fans of the 'top' teams still wont care.....
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:30 pm

I know Pat. Off my train soon so will get a crate of Henry Westons and spend 3 hours screaming at the moon for all the good it will do. Didn't they used to say all good ATD'ers wore tin foil hats anyway...?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:17 pm

It's the morale boosting signing the club needed to halt this slow spiral out of the top 6.

Credit to Brent for opening the chequebook with this deal, doesn't often get the credit he deserves at times but JB is always there to back JS with the big signings he wants.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:20 pm

So we ve finally signed juan gola season !
Back to top Go down
footballfan1

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:06 pm

Brunty is pure quality old school centre forward with some time under his belt he will excel and will take the pilgrims to promotion. The Stevenage fans are abs gutted they didn't sign him. Given his age, pedigree and schooling I reckon we have got a star player. I can see Brunty having massive re sale value in the next 12 month. A huge signing all round boxes ticked. Welcome to the pilgrims Brunty
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:18 pm

Welcome indeed, fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:27 pm

footballfan1 wrote:
Brunty is pure quality old school centre forward with some time under his belt he will  excel and  will take the pilgrims to promotion. The Stevenage fans are abs gutted they didn't sign him. Given his age, pedigree and schooling I reckon we have got a star player. I can see Brunty having massive re sale value in the next 12 month. A huge signing all round boxes ticked. Welcome to the pilgrims Brunty
Yep agree with that, a masterstroke by Green Jim, i've just been out and bought three season tickets and a pasoti mug i'm that excited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Striker in.....
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next