Greenskin
GreenSam
AstiSpumante
Czarcasm
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

New Striker in..... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:05 pm

In the name of Aviva.

God give me strength.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:28 pm

All I'll say before Brunt's inevitable goal tomorrow (sods law) is this:

I'm one of those who questions the consensus on here that our budget is poor for this league. Reuben Reid, Peter Hartley, Carl McHugh, Dom Blizzard, Kelvin Mellor, Lee Cox, Luke McCormick not to mention the loanees (who won't have come for free) are all in my opinion pretty HIGH calibre signings for this league and are far higher in quality (and doubtless wages too) than the lower level of signings which Reid/Fletcher had to make. Lewi is another one who we nicked off a smaller club in this league who did offer him a contract (Boco too). Even Morgan and Smalley who've been shit for us have proved themselves in this division in the past and will not have come cheaply from a wage point of view. Even Sheridan's wages can hardly be small for this league. He's a proven League Two manager and he signed for us without more than a day's hesitation. So did Curtis Nelson when we offered him a new contract in the summer after an excellent season last year. So, I think all those players are a fairly decent calibre who a lot of the small clubs in this league won't have been able to afford. That's why I get a bit of stick (but hold my view) about going against the conventional line that we have a tiny budget.

Therefore, to offer balance and to give criticism where criticism is due, Brunt doesn't back up my thesis at all. Whilst I hold my viewpoint, I am open minded and the signing of Brunt (who may or may not come good) goes against my theory and leans more towards a budget that is more or less extinguished.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:48 pm

Sam. Our average attendance is 50 % higher than the 8th best in league comparable with budget we're working with.

Somebody explain where that excess is going; as it doesn't look to be historic debt and we can go back to ignoring Never Again.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:21 am

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Either argue your point with facts or shove your distorted views of this site up your pompous arse.

So now we're discussing the site are we ? Can't you read or are you so thick you can't have a decent debate, beyond you is it ?
Pompous ? Take a hard look at yourself pal

your spend most your time slagging this place off over actually debating facts. As i said earlier if you dont like it here no one is forcing you to log in and post you are not here against your will and pasoti im sure would love to have a one of its brightest stars back f/t.

if your going to be a member of this site then stick your negative views of this place up your pompous arse and stick to the facts of your own opinion without the digs and bitchiness and you will find it a positive atmosphere im sure.
Maybe I'm a bit thick but on one hand you (and others) encourage debate and state that peoples views are allowed and yet you also say that to be a member you (Graiser) should stick negative views where the sun don't shine. That approach seems similar to another fan on another site to whom you hurl abuse whenever you can.
If you want to change something at Argyle then just go and do it - no-one is stopping you. In the meantime do try to cheer up. Its painless and free. Maybe if you cheer up then the other keyboard warriors whose linguistic skills seem restricted to ''JB out'' or ''JS out'' will also smile. Then you can all smile as you walk up to HP to install your changes. I won't hold my breath for the changes.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:27 am

green_genie wrote:
Sam. Our average attendance is 50 % higher than the 8th best in league comparable with budget we're working with.

Somebody explain where that excess is going; as it doesn't look to be historic debt and we can go back to ignoring Never Again.
SOME of it is most certainly going to historic debt but whether it's enough to make up the amount of excess that we're talking about, who knows. I also think budgets from about 3rd-10th or so are much of a muchness but I admit that's purely my guesswork and would agree with your instinctive guess that it doesn't fully account for the excess which I've made and will continue to make efforts to probe and question about.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:40 am

GreenSam wrote:
green_genie wrote:

SOME of it is most certainly going to historic debt but whether it's enough to make up the amount of excess that we're talking about, who knows. I also think budgets from about 3rd-10th or so are much of a muchness but I admit that's purely my guesswork and would agree with your instinctive guess that it doesn't fully account for the excess which I've made and will continue to make efforts to probe and question about.

£11/head income figure stated by club x 23 games x 1,000 att ~ £250K/annum
Historic debt of £66K to Trust and £200K to football creditors is all I can see is still going out if Brent has covered one offs to date and holding these as part of £2.5M loans he wants for club.

With the levels of transparency from the club could be way off mark but at 2,500 av attendance better than our 8th placed budget being equivalent to £750K, I'd like to know where that is going.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:49 am

I can entirely see your point really- on the basis of pure fag packet maths it doesn't quite add up as you'd expect it to. All I/we can do is continue to probe and ask.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:56 am

Sam has 'turned' becoming very 'corporate'

Graiser and Tony - what do YOU say when we don't go up?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:00 am

JB, SELL me the club for what YOU paid and give me the profit YOU made and give the club back IT'S land and we will call it quits........
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:02 am

PatDunne wrote:

Hardly. I'm saying I agree it doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:09 am

Sam, IMO Brent has not risked a penny for PAFC/Pavillions/Oldway/HHP/Civic Centre so why not be a critical friend.....
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:15 am

Am I having an acid trip here or have the men in white coats finally dragged me off? You're talking as if I'm disagreeing. I ain't.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:19 am

I think I've had too much green 'stuff' tonight dude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 9:08 am

PatDunne wrote:

IF we don't go up Sheridans out, as to the owner well if there's somebody you know out there with plenty of dosh to spare then get him to FES up FFS, then we can crack on and do a "Bournemouth" but I won't hold my breath on that one !
Back to top Go down
footballfan1

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 9:59 am

This is an inspired signing by Sheridan - Brunty will end up as the next Big thing. Watch his style of play he holds the ball up magnificently bringing the whole team together making everything gel. Watch him closely he's going places great signing John! Up the pilgrims Brunty will take us to promotion.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:04 am

footballfan1 wrote:
This is an inspired signing by Sheridan - Brunty will end up as the next Big thing. Watch his style of play he holds the ball up magnificently bringing the whole  team together making everything gel. Watch him closely he's going places great signing John! Up the pilgrims Brunty will take us to promotion.

Morning, Paul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:14 am

Oh FFS!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:18 am

cheers lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:09 am

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Either argue your point with facts or shove your distorted views of this site up your pompous arse.

So now we're discussing the site are we ? Can't you read or are you so thick you can't have a decent debate, beyond you is it ?

your spend most your time slagging this place off over actually debating facts. As i said earlier if you dont like it here no one is forcing you to log in and post you are not here against your will and pasoti im sure would love to have a one of its brightest stars back f/t.

if your going to be a member of this site then stick your negative views of this place up your pompous arse and stick to the facts of your own opinion without the digs and bitchiness and you will find it a positive atmosphere im sure.

Maybe I'm a bit thick but on one hand you (and others) encourage debate and state that peoples views are allowed and yet you also say that to be a member you (Graiser) should stick negative views where the sun don't shine. That approach seems similar to another fan on another site to whom you hurl abuse whenever you can.
If you want to change something at Argyle then just go and do it - no-one is stopping you. In the meantime do try to cheer up. Its painless and free. Maybe if you cheer up then the other keyboard warriors whose linguistic skills seem restricted to ''JB out'' or ''JS out'' will also smile. Then you can all smile as you walk up to HP to install your changes. I won't hold my breath for the changes.  

I told gasser to stick his views of this site and its posters that seem to be the main ethos of his posts as they are yours and zyphs up his arse and if he really doesnt like it on here then he should stop torturing himself like a martyr and dont log in. I dont like to think of anyone unhappy on here and i will never understand why people do certain things that make them unhappy when there are alternatives.
I didnt however say anything about him sticking his points of views up his arse at all whatever they happen to be, having your own opinion is fine and welcome naturally.

If someone cant argue/debate against the grain of a thread topic (ie brent out) without calling this place and its posters all the names they can and nothing else, they lose any merit to their pov right there whether its valid or not and quite rightly others will pounce on them for that alone and ignore the issue. It also offers nothing to the actual thread itself.

It would be ace if the linguistic skills that seem restricted to pro brent's could improve vastly beyond saying "there is no one else" "look how far we've come" "what are you going to do about it" etc etc as its quite frankly is rather pathetic and contributes nothing in terms of debate other than ridicule for the poster.
Why don't these posters actually grow a pair and tell all on here in their opinion why brent is ace, im sure more would respect those who do that other the alternative. Then you could have a debate.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:31 am

PatDunne wrote:

No-one can answer that until it happens .. or not. I am 100% certain we are going up and until we don't / can't I will believe that. Its all very easy to say ''JB sell me the club for what you paid'' but what about the money since? Maybe you have a few quid stashed away. I think all those whosay ''JB out'' must have some spare.
Anyways - COYGs today and its time for a win. I'll take 3 points from a deflected shot off the refs arse.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:33 am

PatDunne wrote:

IF Sam has turned laugh its got feck all to do with you. Praps you think you are the ''Nool'' of ATD lol
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:04 pm

The 'money since' came from selling the ground to PCC, who saved us, or rather us council tax payers did....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:26 pm

Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

I told gasser to stick his views of this site and its posters that seem to be the main ethos of his posts as they are yours and zyphs up his arse and if he really doesnt like it on here then he should stop torturing himself like a martyr and dont log in. I dont like to think of anyone unhappy on here and i will never understand why people do certain things that make them unhappy when there are alternatives.
I didnt however say anything about him sticking his points of views up his arse at all whatever they happen to be, having your own opinion is fine and welcome naturally.

If someone cant argue/debate against the grain of a thread topic (ie brent out) without calling this place and its posters all the names they can and nothing else, they lose any merit to their pov right there whether its valid or not and quite rightly others will pounce on them for that alone and ignore the issue. It also offers nothing to the actual thread itself.

It would be ace if the linguistic skills that seem restricted to pro brent's could improve vastly beyond saying "there is no one else" "look how far we've come" "what are you going to do about it" etc etc as its quite frankly is rather pathetic and contributes nothing in terms of debate other than ridicule for the poster.
Why don't these posters actually grow a pair and tell all on here in their opinion why brent is ace, im sure more would respect those who do that other the alternative. Then you could have a debate.

Just where have knocked this site, never, I think your incapable of having a reasoned debate without resulting in the same old (pro Brent, build HHP, saviour of our club ) comments, don't forget the title of this thread is about a new striker coming in.
If I want to join in on a Brent debate I'll book in on that thread and join in.
Just for the record, I haven't harangued anybody, no name calling from me that came from you, are you sure your not Nooell in disguise, cos your beginning to sound very much like him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

Just where have knocked this site, never, I think your incapable of having a reasoned debate without resulting in the same old (pro Brent, build HHP, saviour of our club ) comments, don't forget the title of this thread is about a new striker coming in.
If I want to join in on a Brent debate I'll book in on that thread and join in.
Just for the record, I haven't harangued anybody, no name calling from me that came from you, are you sure your not Nooell in disguise, cos your beginning to sound very much like him.

My point proven right here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:35 pm

Not sure what your point is but just get out to HP today and enjoy the win, and maybe put a smile on your face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Striker in.....
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next