AstiSpumante
Czarcasm
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
X Isle

X Isle

New Striker in..... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Either argue your point with facts or shove your distorted views of this site up your pompous arse.

So now we're discussing the site are we ? Can't you read or are you so thick you can't have a decent debate, beyond you is it ?
Pompous ? Take a hard look at yourself pal

your spend most your time slagging this place off over actually debating facts. As i said earlier if you dont like it here no one is forcing you to log in and post you are not here against your will and pasoti im sure would love to have a one of its brightest stars back f/t.

I'm not slagging this site off at all, just some of the posters on it who choose to have a pop at me for having an opinion on the thread title, who also choose to completely ignore the thread title.

You're not the only one Graiser, some (but by no means all) are indeed fixated on one issue, irrespective of thread title.

That said, it is their ball and if they want to take it away or play another game, it's their call. As tedious as it becomes sometimes anyone coming to the site should know what they're letting themselves in for if they dared to be pragmatic or, heaven forbid, positive Shocked at any point in their lives.

Ergo, Angry's point is equally valid, trick is to ignore it and rise above it as often as you can.
Back to top Go down

New Striker in..... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Striker in.....   New Striker in..... - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 3:50 pm

GreenSam wrote:
The difference is with Norburn is that he's actually been good for us so far, was released from them when they were in League Two rather than the conference and not for footballing reasons. The consensus from their fans was that he played fairly well there until whatever scandal it was (google will fill in the gaps in your imagination) that made him leave the club.

Of course Brunt may prove us all wrong but the two players are two entirely different kettles of fish imo.

You say Norburn has been good for us Sam? Has he? He's been an average squad player in my mind, no more and no less. Take nothing away from the lad, he is young and has time on his side (equally as young as Luke Young who was deemed too old to not be the finished article mind). In fact I expect Norburn to develop in the next three seasons as all centre mids do. But Norburn from memory was released from Rovers after finding himself out of the squad and the supporters being non plussed about his exit.

Fast forward to now and Norburn doesn't regularly get into our first team. He makes for a stable rotation option, one which we hope will get better with time. The new striker smacks of being from the same stock - but if you go shopping in the non leagues for freebies is it any surprise?

All I can say is I am not expecting Brunt to be starting too many games either. We have shopped in the non leagues and picked up a squad option. Desperate comparisons with Caolan Lavery are way short of the mark. Lavery was an unknown entity but still on the books at a Championship club (so clearly showing pedigree in training) with youth international caps under his belt. He went back to the Championship and challenged for a place in the match day squad whilst contributing goals.

So I don't really see the comparisons of Brunt, who was let go at an early age by his parent club and found his way down to League Two/non league where he was released from his contract without a fee even wanted (like Norburn). These aren't well rated players we are signing Sam, but cast offs from similar sized clubs who are if any thing, MORE desperate for good players than we are.

However looking at the positives, Brunt sounds a physical player who will wear defences down. It sounds like he excelled in Westley's thuggish Stevenage side, so he will be use to the ball 8 ft in the air and making something positive happen. He also did his football apprenticeship at Pulis's Stoke. So we are signing something different at least. Sheridan has already made it clear that he rates Brunt better than Morgan. It is just a case of hoping Brunt can use the next 18 months to convalesce and develop simultaneously, as his recent form sounds like we have signed a career cripple who can't score for love nor money.
Back to top Go down

New Striker in.....
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6