Greenskin
Charlie Wood
Freathy
Tringreen
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New striker needed now... Empty
PostSubject: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Not next week, next month, now. We are playing a massive gamble with our league status and it's not paying off.
Before the farmers move in, yes I am a knee jerker, I am going to goose step up to the pub.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:47 pm

I'd settle for an attacking midfielder.

We need someone who knows where the net is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:50 pm

I can't argue with that iggy.
I suspect Brent is listening to those football gurus, Webb and Jones....
Save your money James, Carl's doing great, we can always get someone in on loan in March.... he'll swallow it just like he swallowed two players short of a good team.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:00 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
I can't argue with that iggy.
I suspect Brent is listening to those football gurus, Webb and Jones....
Save your money James, Carl's doing great, we can always get someone in on loan in March.... he'll swallow it just like he swallowed two players short of a good team.

We've got flags. We've got framed shirts n pens. We've got pints n pasties and Dave Banana. We've got Aviva boys in the directors' box. All must be well ?

Wait a minute .............. we don't have many decent players and most of them can't pass[good luck Deehan]. We have a player coach who doesn't play, appears to be tactically inept and comes across as pondersome to say the least.

It's Blue and it's Square and unforgivably we could be looking at 3 relegations in a row and heading there !

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:13 pm

New striker? Brent has already delivered with the extremely cheap and permanenty crocked Chadders. What more do you want?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:28 pm

Any more old boys out there who'll come back and bleed green?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Wilf Carter?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:52 pm

Mariner's coming back to play for us during the MLS close season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:56 pm

The title of this thread just sums everything up. Brent needs to realise we are in for relegation without a striker
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:25 pm

And a new midfielder to replace walton would be a good start.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:31 pm

We are Argyle and we'll never................................................................ LEARN !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New Striker needed now....   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi Guys, Back after a "welcome break".

Just watched Escape to Victory - the Germans had lots of big flags. Didn't work for them either.
I'm beginning to worry more than a little bit now.
Will still be over for the last game, if not 1 more before.

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:59 pm

pafcineurope wrote:
Hi Guys, Back after a "welcome break".

Just watched Escape to Victory - the Germans had lots of big flags. Didn't work for them either.
I'm beginning to worry more than a little bit now.
Will still be over for the last game, if not 1 more before.

Merv Plummer

Thought you'd had enough Merv ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New Striker...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Tring, It's like a drug innit!!!

Merv.

Last edited by pafcineurope on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:03 pm

He's had more names than Cobi! Oh no, hang on that's not right.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Always good to have a Merv on board.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Just speculating, but I wonder if the blockages to new blood arriving lay elsewhere, other than with our new owner??
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:19 pm

(ps hoo bloody ray, my machine didn't crash mid-post!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:24 pm

JonB wrote:
Just speculating, but I wonder if the blockages to new blood arriving lay elsewhere, other than with our new owner??

Don't leave it there what's your take on it then?
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Well..... I can't think of too many obvious recruits, be they a forward or a strong, attacking midfielder, so maybe our young, inexperienced manager has neither the reputational credibility nor managerial contacts to be tipped off about wee nuggets...

It may be that a budget is available, but we just can't find anyone to spend it on.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:33 pm

JonB wrote:
Well..... I can't think of too many obvious recruits, be they a forward or a strong, attacking midfielder, so maybe our young, inexperienced manager has neither the reputational credibility nor managerial contacts to be tipped off about wee nuggets...

Then it's brent's fault for a) giving fletcher the job permanently and b) not sacking fletcher.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Yes, Fletch's inexperience and lack of contacts may well be an issue, as could Ridsdale not coming up trumps, and there being not many out there that fit the bill, ie cheap.
I would guess we've hardly got anyone on the job, and just maybe Fletcher hasn't even got around to it. I note one of Deehan's main tasks is to oversee/identify transfers.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Months and months ago there was chat on here about how to spend any available funds once the club had been taken over and myself and others suggested back room staff as an investment priority - scouts, coaches, fitness types etc etc. Basically, rebuilding the foundations of the club to build a playing side upon.

Has any of that happened? Do we have professional people in those sorts of roles? Honestly don't know, but would guess... not really.

It's all very well saying 'we need a new striker/creative attacking midfielder/speedy winger who'll sling in pin-point crosses and bang in some goals too' but without that solid foundation behind the team I don't reckon they would have as desirable effect on results as we need (if indeed we can attract that sort of player, be it wee nuggets or experienced pros). Well, it might, but if we survive in the League it's going to be more by 'sticking plaster' luck than design.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:55 pm

It took 6 months just to get a Board together, I really can't see Brent rushing to get qualified staff in. He may have done it, but if he has nobody has noticed.

On the bright side, the Fan Fest are doing well and we've got a bloody great flag.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Where's Jamie Hart when you need him. jocolor

I don't think there's any money available, I'm sure that there's plenty of agents with a load of tat to ship out who would be targeting the desperate strugglers such as ourselves, and we're desperate enough to take them up on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New striker needed now...   New striker needed now... Empty

Back to top Go down

New striker needed now...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next