hippo
Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Could nearly buy a new one for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Tgwu wrote:
What about the balls?

You'd need to see a doctor about that.  laugh 

As for the Dyson - I don't see why not. Take a look at their web-site.

[url=What happens when my guarantee runs out? Dyson do not design products to last for a limited time. We want our machines to keep working as long as possible - for the length of the guarantee and beyond. If you have problems with your machine after the guarantee has run out and you'd like to give yours a new lease of life, you can book a service with a Dyson engineer who will visit you at home or at work. It costs just £79, including parts and labour.]LINK[/url]

Last edited by knecht on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:49 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Could nearly buy a new one for that.

£70!?

I think even a basic model is in 3 figures. And if you want one that sucks up dogs, cats & children it costs much more.

LINK

Last edited by knecht on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:53 pm

Talking about balls

My grandson (5) askes his nan,

what the differance between a snowman and a snownlady?

nan I do not know

Snowballs

Nanny asked where did you get that joke (Grand-dad) Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 7:57 pm

knecht wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Swapped my cute little Dyson (R2D2, as it was fondly known) for my mum's slightly larger Dyson, which she finds difficult to manage now. (It hasn't got a name yet, although, since it's got a ball, it could well end up being George, as in Best. Or maybe Hitler.) Somebody (almost without a doubt not my old mum) had lost or thrown away the instruction leaflet, but I've downloaded one.

Might try it out some time in the next few days. Or so.

Did you know that you can get a service from Dyson for a fixed fee? It was something like £70 a few years ago. We had ours serviced and they replaced virtually everything - a slight exaggeration - and all it cost was the service fee. That covered electrics, mechanics, parts & panels.

Now then, Knecht. Do you really think any vacuum cleaner in my possession is ever going to get worn out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Peggy wrote:
Now then, Knecht. Do you really think any vacuum cleaner in my possession is ever going to get worn out?

If you're like me, I use mine in one room at a time once a month. In that way my whole house gets done twice a year. That'll do.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Once a month? Bit keen, innit?

The bloke upstairs hoovers (or dysons or whatever these young people call it nowadays) every day, pretty much. I often think it's a shame about the concrete slab in between us: if we had lath and plaster and floorboards, he'd probably get most of mine for me.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Peggy wrote:
Once a month? Bit keen, innit?

The bloke upstairs hoovers (or dysons or whatever these young people call it nowadays) every day, pretty much. I often think it's a shame about the concrete slab in between us: if we had lath and plaster and floorboards, he'd probably get most of mine for me.

My wife vac’s the house up and down stairs almost every day, she has a Henry, and if she goes before me I will change it to a French maid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:39 pm

She has a Henry? Too much for ATD, Tgwu.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:49 pm

Here you are:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Peggy wrote:
Swapped my cute little Dyson (R2D2, as it was fondly known) for my mum's slightly larger Dyson, which she finds difficult to manage now. (It hasn't got a name yet, although, since it's got a ball, it could well end up being George, as in Best. Or maybe Hitler.) Somebody (almost without a doubt not my old mum) had lost or thrown away the instruction leaflet, but I've downloaded one.

Might try it out some time in the next few days. Or so.

Nothing like a clean sweep to start the New Year off with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 9:24 pm

Is it me, or has the TV on offer this Xmas been extraordinarily shite?

Last edited by Person Of Interest on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Is it me, or has the TV on offer this Xmas been extraordinary shite?

Xmas - shite TV. Surely there the same thing?
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Xmas day: Toy Story 3 and Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads
Boxing day: The Odessa File on one of the cable channels
Tonight: a programme about the influence of gay music on the mainstream
Still to watch: Victoria Wood, which my mum says was brilliant, and the Sex Pistols thing I forgot to watch last night
Tomorrow afternoon: Billion Dollar Brain

Other than that lot, the telly hasn't been on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Whilst coping with endless trips to the toilet and lying down with fits of the vapours, I managed finally to watch the 2010 version of Metropolis for the first time. Now I see what all the fuss has been about! Superb film!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Metropolis. 1927. I was just 24 when that was released.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Son-in-law has a gig tonight, so off child minding.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Peggy wrote:
Here you are:

Here a better one for you Peggy

The Piccolo is a device ahead of its time

A CONTRAPTION that not only vacuums but also paints, grinds coffee and minces meat too sounds like something from a science fiction novel.

But Mary and Ivor Waite's Piccolo contraption was manufactured 88 years ago and is still going strong. Just so long as they keep remembering to put it on the correct setting all will be fine.

Otherwise they could end up with a mince carpet and coffee tasting of dust

.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:23 pm

Dysons customer service is second to none. We had a problem with a hose that was slightly perished, but was a few months out of warranty. After the missus had contacted Dyson with the intention of quite happily buying a new part, the nice lady said that it was unusual for that particular part to deteriorate that quickly. She prompty sent out a free replacement, free p+p, and a written apology that we had been inconvenienced. Top banana.

In other news, I've just had the last of the Gammon.
Back to top Go down
bjorn_yesterday

bjorn_yesterday

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Tgwu wrote:

.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Vacuum cleaner? Looks like an early penis enlarger pump to me er... so I've been told.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:16 am

Keep the comments CLEAN please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:23 am

In other news, Knechts road was in the news but I didn't see him there.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:35 am

In the news? I thought it was down the bank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:36 am

Iggy wrote:
In other news, Knechts road was in the news but I didn't see him there.

I hung around trying to be photogenic but they chose to interview Lynn, my attractive neighbour.

I don't think that sort of thing is on iplayer. Was it the Beeb or the other lot?

They were actually filming there whilst there was a site meeting with a couple of representatives from the Council plus our excellent parish councillor. And, to be fair to Cornwall Council, they have been pretty good. We've all been told to hire cars at their expense. They will also provide the help that's needed for people at the far end of the valley. The emergency services already have plans in place should ambulance fire-brigade etc be needed. There were lots of reassurances but they were also clear that they weren't able to say how long it would take. I'd rather have that than bullshit promises. We will know more after the engineer does a full assessment on Monday but it was pointed out that even a temporary repair would take a while and would be dependant upon companies able to supply the right materials.

The fact that I told them that the road was showing signs of collapsing in the Summer and they did nothing may also be relevant  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:55 am

knecht wrote:
but it was pointed out that even a temporary repair would take a while and would be dependant upon companies able to supply the right materials.Rolling Eyes 
 lol! Sounds like the blocks are too expensive and your road is now officially Imminent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next