seadog
pepsipete
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:59 pm

I'm rapidly losing patience with my binmen, sorry, refuse collectors.

They have a (what I imagine would be) very expensive lorry, with a engineered mechanism on the back that tips the contents of your full wheelie bin into the abyss. Fairly straightforward you'd think yeah?

So WHY THEN, do they persist in reaching inside my bin, picking out the individual sacks and throwing them into the lorry, BUT, because they can't reach it, they have now left the one small bag that has been at the bottom of my bin for three weeks now!? Mad

Why the f**k can't they just take the bin, put it on the bloody lorry, press the button - hey presto - a fully empty bin?

I feel I ought to say something next week, in a suitably sarcastic manner, though I fear it would be wasted on them. I'd then of course be a target - a complainer. No one likes a complainer, especially when you're the one they're complaining about. I already had a (potentially) confrontational situation about six months ago when I'd rather overfilled one of my green bags with hedge cuttings. "Get any more in there, could you?" he asked, which to be fair was a suitably sarky comment seeing as the lad had to drag it rather than lift it.

On reflection, I'm wondering if my 'bag at the bottom of the bin' problem, is somehow linked to that (potentially) confrontational episode. scratch

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:25 pm

why not take it out and try putting it on top of the other bags, confrontation would I feel be counterproductive.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:42 pm

pepsipete wrote:
why not take it out and try putting it on top of the other bags, confrontation would I feel be counterproductive.

Well yes Pete, that would be the obvious thing to do. But there's a principle here now.

The way I see it, I've fulfilled my side of the deal. Good God, it's not even as if I've just thrown rubbish in the bin unsheathed! I've gone out and bought proper binbags, y'know, the ones with the ties on so that everything can be tied up neatly, and I've put it in the bin.

Well there's going to be a showdown next monday, I can just feel it.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:57 pm

Not worth having a row over a bloody bin bag, put it on the top and forget it.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:50 am

The Bin God must visit this site, this morning my green wheelie disappeared entirely, all that was left was an open front gate. Eventually found it a couple of gunshots* up the road.

*standard measurement of distance in North Devon where I grew up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:53 am

I put my bag out earlier. It was only about a third full. I'm sorry, I am unable to give you a more precise figure. It hardly seemed worth putting it out.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:28 am

knecht wrote:
I put my bag out earlier. It was only about a third full. I'm sorry, I am unable to give you a more precise figure. It hardly seemed worth putting it out.

When mine is like that I hold it over until the next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:33 am

I do sometimes. I've even held it over for three weeks. But I couldn't remember what was in it - if it's something smelly it fills the kitchen ....... Fish remnants are the worst - though I have been known to take them back to the bin outside the shop and drop it in there.

Now, surely, this is a truly mundane subject.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:49 am

I never put my rubbish out. Two small people are completely obsessed by the rubbish chute, and I'm in big trouble if there isn't at least one (small) bag each for them to dispose of. Since virtually everything goes in the recycling bag (which they're not interested in, since it doesn't involve the chute), this can be quite difficult.

But they're usually here a day or two before the bin men come, so it works out quite well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:59 am

Inexplicably short tempered today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:10 am

Cerbera wrote:
Inexplicably short tempered today.

Their their Cerbs, don't let your piss boil lol! They're are loads of people worse of than you, and there not complaining Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:15 am

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Ban coming!!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:24 am

Cerbera wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Ban coming!!!!

lol!

See you're smiling already. My work here is done Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 pm

As I tuck into another bag of walkers cheese & onion crisps
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Crisps? Don't talk to me about crisps. Just don't.

Sainsbury's (nectar points innit) have got an offer on: two six packs of Walkers' crisps for £2. The small people are fond of such food items, so I bought the two packs.

Picked them up from school/nursery yesterday. Before heading for the park (less risk of breakages innit) I asked if they wanted crisps. No - we've got crisps at home. OK. But ... can we take our bikes? No problem: we'll go to your house and get your bikes (which also means I get to walk at normal human speed instead of small person crawl innit).

Off to their house to get their bikes. Smallest small person scrounges a packet of crisps from her mum's cupboard (pah - what's wrong with my crisps, eh?). Slightly less small person opts for a banana. Off we go to the park.

Smallest small person can't manage both bike and half eaten packet of crisps, so instructs me to hold the latter. Fifteen minutes later she's clearly forgotten them. Since they're in my hand, I idly eat a couple, then a couple more, and eventually put the empty packet in the bin.

Time passes.

Can I have my crisps now?

No. I've eaten them.

Tears are threatened. I have to take her to the handily placed cafe and pay 70p for a replacement packet of crisps, when I've got flippin twelve bleddy packets of the sodding things at home, and they only cost a total of £2, which works out at less than 17p for each packet, or under a quarter of the price of this particular packet.

And the slightly smaller small person wasn't too impressed, either.

Took them home for their tea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:44 am

Cornish Crisp Company - Kelly Bray, Callington.

A superb crisp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Didn't the 50/50 draw offer a years supply of crisps as one of its prizes a year or two back? A very mundane prize, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:02 pm

How very dare you Symons!

Crisps are far from mundane. The snack of choice - far better than peanuts, Scampi Fries, Chipsticks,etc ,etc.

A crisp sandwich is in fact a light meal!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Chipsticks? Now you're talking. That's a starch-based snack! Crisps? Pfffft.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:07 pm

Thank you, Cerbs, I am now confident enough to come out. I am not alone. I am no longer ashamed. Say it loud - I eat crisp sandwiches and I'm proud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:34 am

Sausage sandwich for breakfast. Brown sauce, and plenty of it (it's the law, innit) and not a crisp, or other potato based snack in sight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:17 pm

knecht wrote:
Thank you, Cerbs, I am now confident enough to come out. I am not alone. I am no longer ashamed. Say it loud - I eat crisp sandwiches and I'm proud.

Good man!

My flavour of choice is either Cheese and Onion or Ready Salted. Although, both Salt and Vinegar and Chicken have made it between the slices.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:50 pm

Salt & vinegar or plain is my choice. Sometimes I have even been known to add them to a beetroot sandwich - aesthetically and texturally pleasing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Meanwhile, back on topic.

I got a £70 tip today on a £130 job.

Result!

Actually, that could be construed as interesting.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:19 pm

I've spent much of today splitting logs.

What's sad, is that that isn't even a euphemism. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next