Flat_Track_Bully
Tringreen
Mock Cuncher
shonbo
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:56 am

Tringreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Saltash green wrote:
I would have provided agency staff for a good rate

See amongst all the piss-taking and vitriol, Dane actually has a good point here. If you can see past what trouble he has caused on forums, he does run a local business that could have supplied staff at a good rate, so the club get the job done for not a great amount of money, and a local business run by an Argyle fan gets some business. To me this is how a community club should operate.

And whatever people think about Cerbs, and I don't really want to start all that off again, he offered fan s going to the match at Tiverton last night a discounted rate if they booked in advance. Again local business providing their services which benefits Argyle fans and the business gains good press and a small profit.

There must be plenty of other businesses run by Argyle fans who could be useful to the club and it's good business and great advertising.

Good old Cerbs will even give you a job if you want one.

Taxi for Tringy ! lol!

What job will Cerbs give me? I don't drive Tring Very Happy

I was making a serious point. If Brent wants a community club then this is how I envisage one, not getting fans to do unpaid work and dress it up as the fans getting the opportunity to do their bit and feeling part of a big "family"

Take your hatred of Cerbs hat off and tell me what is wrong with the club having a directory of local businesses who are owned by Argyle fans, and these businesses get first chance if say a plumbing job comes up, or an electrician is needed? It's rewarding the people who plough money into watching Argyle and can provide a service that is needed.

Whether you like it or not, Cerbs made an offer to fans, and it was a two-way thing. Good PR for his taxi firm, who sponsored the game last night, and cheaper cabs for fans getting off at Tiverton Parkway which is nowhere near the ground. I was also given complimentary tickets to get in from Cerbs, and he pointed me in the direction of Ian Newell, the bar and the buffet. I'll post something about the meeting with Ian Newell and Chris Webb shortly, but I have a couple of things to do for an hour or so and I don't want to explain until I have spoken to one other person, which I will be in a while.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:05 am

I assume you focked 'em up.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:43 am

Greenjock wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Saltash green wrote:

See amongst all the piss-taking and vitriol, Dane actually has a good point here. If you can see past what trouble he has caused on forums, he does run a local business that could have supplied staff at a good rate, so the club get the job done for not a great amount of money, and a local business run by an Argyle fan gets some business. To me this is how a community club should operate.

And whatever people think about Cerbs, and I don't really want to start all that off again, he offered fan s going to the match at Tiverton last night a discounted rate if they booked in advance. Again local business providing their services which benefits Argyle fans and the business gains good press and a small profit.

There must be plenty of other businesses run by Argyle fans who could be useful to the club and it's good business and great advertising.

Taxi for Tringy ! lol!

I was making a serious point. If Brent wants a community club then this is how I envisage one, not getting fans to do unpaid work and dress it up as the fans getting the opportunity to do their bit and feeling part of a big "family"

Take your hatred of Cerbs hat off and tell me what is wrong with the club having a directory of local businesses who are owned by Argyle fans, and these businesses get first chance if say a plumbing job comes up, or an electrician is needed? It's rewarding the people who plough money into watching Argyle and can provide a service that is needed.

Whether you like it or not, Cerbs made an offer to fans, and it was a two-way thing. Good PR for his taxi firm, who sponsored the game last night, and cheaper cabs for fans getting off at Tiverton Parkway which is nowhere near the ground. I was also given complimentary tickets to get in from Cerbs, and he pointed me in the direction of Ian Newell, the bar and the buffet. I'll post something about the meeting with Ian Newell and Chris Webb shortly, but I have a couple of things to do for an hour or so and I don't want to explain until I have spoken to one other person, which I will be in a while.

I don't hate anyone Jock. I see through them.

ps I hope you're not going to return waving 'peace in our time' papers . Now that would be a turnaround of epic proportions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:34 am

[quote="Tringreen"]
Greenjock wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Saltash green wrote:

Taxi for Tringy ! lol!

I don't hate anyone Jock. I see through them.

ps I hope you're not going to return waving 'peace in our time' papers . Now that would be a turnaround of epic proportions.[/quote]

Not at all. I got the answers to some questions, said my piece and I think someone will be making a statement in a short while about the issue I've been boring everyone silly about for a while now, but was important to me, and I haven't been offered a Mod job on Pasoti or a silly hat so you have nothing to worry about Trigy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:51 am

I don't 'worry' Jock, I find the current Argyle pantomime frustrating but almost hypnotically amusing, in its obviousness and predictability.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Well I'm not about to do a Cerbs, not about to reactivate my Pasoti account, and not about to attend fanfests. I also didn't head to Tiverton for the match Razz

I went out for the day with the family in Devon, Crealy which was pretty cool and the kids loved it, but I wanted to chat to Ian Newell so took in the game on the way home and had a chat with him.

He asked me to pass on a big kiss to you I love you and I asked him to pass on a couple of messages to people from me. We won't be exchanging Christmas cards but I'm glad I went.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:09 pm

hairy j wrote:
Guest wrote:
I will give my permission only if every single deleted thread is re-instated as GOB says, to provide the correct context and that the mod forum is open for all to see in all it's ugliness.

Tring, what lies? Please be specific. I have never knowingly told a lie or misled anyone on here or any other forum as far as I can tell.

You, on the other hand can't keep your mouth shut. I posted in the mod forum a long time ago back in February that Ian Newell had turned up on my doorstep. It was posted in the mod forum for a reason. You had to blab it all over the public forum though.

So what I have I posted about you that was untrue?

It says Guest but this was posted by Cerbera on here.

It would have been better to allow things to rest but one or two seem desperate to drag Cerbs into some sort of conspiracy with Newell so if we're going to have the facts then let's have the facts so that today's present mods are aware of the score.

1) I deleted about two threads (from memory) with the main reason being to protect the one responsible for creating a certain web page regarding Flicker, although it did not involve ATD directly. This was following a request from all mods unanimously, including the present mods/Keyholders, Frank, PepsiPete and ChemAli or they did not pass comment, Tring being one that did not pass comment.

2) Frank (Keyholder) deleted considerably more threads then I did.

3) None of the past mods/keyholders have commented regarding their desire to have the threads deleted or that Frank deleted the vast majority.

4) Neither has Frank commented regarding his involvement to delete the vast majority of the threads.

5) The present mods seem only to be aware of copied (edited?) threads that "some" users/moderators/keyholders wanted them to be aware of.

6) Cerbs was not involved with the deleting of any threads.

7) Three presently serving moderators/keyholders that now want no involvement with the deleting of threads, wanted the threads to be deleted and one of these presently serving moderators/keyholders carried out the vast majority of the deletion.

Without stirring up the pot again, these are the facts of the matter. ALL MODS WANTED THE THREADS DELETED, not just Cerbs. FRANK CARRIED OUT THE DELETION OF MOST OF THE THREADS, Cerbs didn't delete a single thread as far as I am aware.

To be fair to Tring and after his many questions asking me why I was happy to see threads deleted, he has only recently been made aware of my reasons. I would imagine that Frank's reasons for wanting the threads deleted are the same as mine but I am not sure. The same goes for PepsiPete and Chem Ali.

I would also say that the threads were deleted with good intention by Frank.

I fail to understand why Cerbs is getting a tough ride for simply being acquainted with the local butt nut. Maybe that's the problem, others would like to pick and choose who we acquaint ourselves with and feel insecure when we choose someone that doesn't fulfill their personal desires.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:29 pm

I can confirm what GOB is saying. I deleted the vast majority of threads. I know GOB deleted a few. I do not think that any of the other mods (including Cerbs) deleted anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Thanks for saying that Frank.

I just think that the shit constantly being dished out to Cerbs is unfair, it's not my desire to stir up the pot.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:54 pm

FWIW, the vast majority couldn't give a flying f*ck really, Gob.

Others may be perceived to be giving a hard time purely because of the way things panned out post-election, and the flouncing, tantrums, name-calling, and just general cry-baby, stamp-your-feet-when-you-don't-get-your-way sort of stuff.

Cerbs has mentioned many times since his departure that he doesn't give two tosses what people on here think, and then chose to try and empire build elsewhere.

In my opinion, the latest elections are a perfect example of how things should be. People almost unanimously putting themselves forward with an air of reluctance.

Cerbs was clearly devastated to lose his Modship.

And anyone who clearly craves it that desperately, really shouldn't be there.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:56 pm

I wonder if any of the Mods voted for themselves rabbit
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Hopefully this is the last we hear of this and posters will let it drop.

Shonbo did you? Wink

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
FWIW, the vast majority couldn't give a flying f*ck really, Gob.

Others may be perceived to be giving a hard time purely because of the way things panned out post-election, and the flouncing, tantrums, name-calling, and just general cry-baby, stamp-your-feet-when-you-don't-get-your-way sort of stuff.

Cerbs has mentioned many times since his departure that he doesn't give two tosses what people on here think, and then chose to try and empire build elsewhere.

In my opinion, the latest elections are a perfect example of how things should be. People almost unanimously putting themselves forward with an air of reluctance.

Cerbs was clearly devastated to lose his Modship.

And anyone who clearly craves it that desperately, really shouldn't be there.

First you say that the vast majority couldn't give a flying f*ck and then you comment on it, so I'm guessing you are one of the minority that gives a f*ck.

ATD welcomes all, you have no mandate to say who should or shouldn't be here....or is it there. But out of curiosity, why not?

The rest of you're comment is how you wish to perceive it, nothing more, some will agree and some won't, either way it's meaningless.

Last edited by GOB on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:11 pm

shonbo wrote:

Well Dane didn't he didn't get a single vote lol!

I voted for you shonbo, I felt sorry for the dog lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:15 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Shonbo did you? Wink

Agreed, somehow I think the obsession to slur anyone with a remote connection to a demon will be demonised.

How long before Charley Mouse appears lol!

Anyway, lovely evening so I'm off to attempt to put small round balls into small holes in a field. clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:16 pm

GOB wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Shonbo did you? Wink

Agreed, somehow I think the obsession to slur anyone with a remote connection to a demon will be demonised.

How long before Charley Mouse appears lol!

Anyway, lovely evening so I'm off to attempt to put small round balls into small holes in a field. clown

I didn't realise you were a dogger lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:19 pm

lol! fark arf

cya there Andy lol!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:48 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Shonbo did you? Wink

You must be kidding (see what I did there Mouldy Very Happy )

I was just wondering, I know Dane didn't, nothing sinister and don't have a problem with folks that did, whatever else they may have thought it was important to mod to prevent people with boxer's gaining control Twisted Evil oh the power.

I was just curious
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Yea Man wrote:
shonbo wrote:

Well Dane didn't he didn't get a single vote lol!

I voted for you shonbo, I felt sorry for the dog lol!

Nobody should feel sorry for that piss, shit farting factory. Small dog, big fekking smell. And thanks for the vote, not to worry I am a Mod on my own site now. Well when I say site, I mean I have a site name. cat
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Firstly, apols for typos - this is an attempt at posting a semi-serious response on a iPhone whilst 3parts pissed on a beach far away...

I commented Gob, because I was one of a small number who penned an opinion at the time of the fallout. I still have no doubt the majority were (and are) bored shitless by it, so I guess in a sense yeah, I was one of a minority that 'gave a feck'. cyclops

Really not sure what 'mandate'' ur on about. My comment was about Cerbs being a Mod, not being a normal contributor. He chose to f*ck off elsewhere and empire-build. His choice. And if you believe anything he's written since, then ATD is the last place he'd be wanting to spend his leisure time.

I called it how I saw it at the time.

Pretty much everything the fella has done since, has given that call credence.

I know you don't like that, but that's life, I guess...

Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Dane, what is your going rate for five Polish guys to go round Jock's house to sort him out?

At this point in time, my interest is purely out of curiosity jocolor
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Trying to get the thread back on track.....

I think the whole volunteers needed idea is seen as a community engagement exercise. Personally I'm not a fan, open days, fun days, meet the players, take part in training days are much more effective tools.

I wasn't concerned about info being seen because it was obvious to all but the most retarded individual that JB is blatantly not that stupid.

At the minute I'm feeling completely underwhelmed by the coming season.

I'm actually starting to find hairyj quite comical, that's disturbing, he's like Sisley but without the arrogance! :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:31 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
Dane, what is your going rate for five Polish guys to go round Jock's house to sort him out?

At this point in time, my interest is purely out of curiosity jocolor

I wouldn't charge Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:34 pm

I find myself agreeing with you MrR, which is kind of disturbing!

I can't quite believe that the club think this a way of engaging the community because surely being a community club is about being part of and giving back to the community not taking from it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
Trying to get the thread back on track.....

I think the whole volunteers needed idea is seen as a community engagement exercise. Personally I'm not a fan, open days, fun days, meet the players, take part in training days are much more effective tools.

I wasn't concerned about info being seen because it was obvious to all but the most retarded individual that JB is blatantly not that stupid.

At the minute I'm feeling completely underwhelmed by the coming season.

I'm actually starting to find hairyj quite comical, that's disturbing, he's like Sisley but without the arrogance! :-)

Good to hear that we're not the only one's who find this a bit strange and not really on. It's not what a community club is all about.

While you're on Leigh, is there any reason why you're so vocal about the Trust, yet the PASB seems to pass you by without much of a mention?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans to pack the season tickets...   Fans to pack the season tickets... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fans to pack the season tickets...
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next