Elias
Czarcasm
hippo
Sandford_Grecian
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Pedant Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:05 pm

knecht wrote:
Pedant Very Happy

At your service Cool
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:42 pm

paddle your own canoe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Up shit creek without a sail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 Artifacts-images-design_data-D0D0CF-thumb-275x274-design-1342

Deliverance country this side of the river.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Banjos? We don't need no stinking banjos!

Tomorrow I will mostly be paying tribute to Bradley Wiggins by organising the inaugural Tour de Parc du Demport. Only on pink spangly bikes (one with stabilisers).
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Made myself a warm bacon salad tonight, dressed with........ wait for it (& remember, everything is just minor degrees of separation away from glorious cider....)...

A delicious homemade Balsamic dressing made with ASPALLS cider apple balsamic vinegar.

I had to pop out & by some extra Aspall's cyder to complement it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Oh, & had some liquorice afterwards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:41 pm

You didn't mention how much of a discount you got on your ingredients, Jon. Nor indeed which of the many supermarkets you frequent you bought them in. Very poor.

In other news, the inaugural Tour de Parc du Demport went surprisingly well. The seven year old won every stage.

And nobody cried.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:05 pm

This morning I saw a bloke with the biggest man boobs in the world. The wobble was quite hypnotic.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Back in Bovey tonight eating the left overs of my two boys pick& mix from Trago....

(& apologies to Peggy - will update on current supermarket must-buys soon)
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:54 am

At home painting some shelves in Farrow & Ball's Bone.

I used to love working with F&B, but their new eco-formula is vastly inferior to the world-killing oil-based paints of last year.

Several trades / crafts men friends are pointing me towards the Little Green paint co instead.

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:58 am

I've just ordered a tin of 'James' from the Little Green Paint Co - particularly fao Peggy, the tins are larger than F&B (1L as opposed to 750ml) but cost roughly the same (£21) but with free p&p.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:21 am

A rare day off today.

I'll spend most of it tidying up, doing housework, and getting Casa Symons back into some sort of order after #1 son spent a fair chunk of the weekend making the place look like a Toys R Us Warehouse. And it'll all be done to a soundtrack provided by Planet Rock on the radio.

I'm avoiding the Olympics today, as The Boy Daley will have his gurning mug all over the place, and I may end up throwing something heavy at the TV screen, particularly if he exceeds my expectations and actually wins.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:25 am

Bit of a schedule cock up today - have an all-day meeting in Paignton planned, however Mrs B has me down for childcare, what with her working & everything....

Wonder if they're old enough to occupy themselves on the pier for 5 hours??
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:26 am

.... and this is my 200th post.

All of which fit into the mundane or tedious bracket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Make you mind up, Jon - mundane is not the same as tedious.

Definitely not the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:47 am

I opened my bowels earlier this morning. That is mundane but, considering the state of my bowels in the last few days, it is certainly not tedious.

I hope that helps in coming to a working definition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:58 am

That's excellent news, Knecht (get well soon flower ).

I think I've mentioned before that I (a swimmer) have both arm muscles and bingo wings (although not horrible scrawny ones). I've been pleased to note that at least one of the elite woman swimmers has the same upper arm configuration as me.

That's neither mundane nor tedious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:03 am

I am sure I read somewhere that bingo wings are to be banned from the pool after the olympics. They give an unfair advantage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:05 am

Oh. That's me stuffed for 2016 then Crying or Very sad

Forgot to mention: I will be popping out for milk and bananas shortly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:06 am

Hang on - I think that might have been water wings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:14 pm

In honour of the Olympic swimming, I've got a new swimming costume. One with legs, like all the (other) proper swimmers wear.

In an update to the news that I was popping out for milk and bananas, I went to Lidl. Whilst in there, I saw a policeman buying a bumper pack of toilet rolls. He was also in front of me leaving the car park and he didn't indicate once.

And finally, at my exercise class, somebody called her friend a 'fairy elephant'. Haven't heard that in years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:30 pm

Bored......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Will be at the bike show on Friday evening, my mate is playing in a band there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next