Elias
Czarcasm
hippo
Sandford_Grecian
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Bike Show in Calstock this weekend.

Ear-plugs at the ready! They have posted details of when the cannon is to be fired.

The last evening fireworks are superb!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:33 pm

Making up plentiful amounts of homebrew today. Started a bottle of grape juice/ wine last night that is 13.5% and once you had got over the initial shock it was really quite pleasant.

I've also opened a cider which is around the same strength and far too easy to drink for such a strong brew.

I've bottled up 3 more ciders today and a tropical juice because I'm a bit posh under my gruff exterior king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:03 pm

I have just eaten a pack of Golden Wonder Heinz tomato ketchup flavoured crisps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Bernstein wrote:
I have just eaten a pack of Golden Wonder Heinz tomato ketchup flavoured crisps.

pale I'm eating cheese and onion wheatie crunchies, my new favourites ahead of smokey bacon.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:29 pm

I have decided to dry a rose flower, so far none of its petals have dropped off. I had minced pig (last years pig 'Gordon') for tea and it was yummy, probably better than crisps. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:49 pm

hippo wrote:
I have decided to dry a rose flower, so far none of its petals have dropped off. I had minced pig (last years pig 'Gordon') for tea and it was yummy, probably better than crisps. Smile

pale Could you not call it Mouldy or MOG or something other than my surname please Hippo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:58 am

hippo wrote:

We have always had a rule that you don't name animals that we eat, it all started after there were tears when we ate Trixie the Spaniel.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:11 am

Used to call our pigs Breakfast and Lunch
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:33 am

Greenjock wrote:
hippo wrote:

pale Could you not call it Mouldy or MOG or something other than my surname please Hippo

No I think Gordon is a good name!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:51 am

Gordon was named after the highly esteemed prime minister, no offence meant to anyone. Our goat was also yummy, she was old, but not mouldy, and called 'Castanha'. Next on the death list is the present pig 'Dubbya', followed by 'Valentino' the cockrell. It is possible that a cat might go first, but there's no meat on her and she was born in Plymouth so will have a good send off, possibly in a viking way, like my other half's hamster (no sound for water this time though, the stream will have to do).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:58 pm

It's raining but the band played on. I live a good way along the valley from the stage but there has been no point in going to bed - it is LOUD. But they're a good crew. Sat in the pub this evening when about thirty late-comers on BIG bikes came down the hill. Impressive display!

Then the atmosphere was spoilt when three cruises up from Plymouth arrived at the same time ..... give me a big, sweaty biker every time.

Right - I'm off to bed. There's two minutes to the curfew. I may just get to sleep now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:01 pm

The band is still going. STRONG. My brain is suffering! And there's the fireworks and at least three hours still to go.

I hope they have Val Doonican playing later.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Sat by a canal drinking my first ever pint of Symonds' Founder's Reserve.

Most delicious & very similar to my beloved Scrumpy Jack, just a snatch drier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Yes, cider can have strange effects sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:23 pm

JonB wrote:
Sat by a canal drinking my first ever pint of Symonds' Founder's Reserve.

Most delicious & very similar to my beloved Scrumpy Jack, just a snatch drier.

Interesting side effect. drunken
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:16 pm

The helicopters and planes have stopped flying over our "house".
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:33 pm

have you got ground to air missiles on your roof
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
DanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Peggy's mundane? Pegster is mundane!
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Been on the train on my own for 5 hours with another (near) 2 to go.

Now that is mundane.

Wonder what cider they've got in North Yorkshire?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:51 pm

JonB wrote:

Happy to help-

Quote :
Ampleforth Abbey Orchard, Ampleforth Abbey, Ampleforth, York, North Yorkshire, YO62 4EN. Tel: (01439) 766899.

The Monks at Ampleforth have been selling their cider from the Abbey since 2005. The cider, which is made from apples grown in the Abbey's extensive orchards, sells out very quickly. There is also a Cider Brandy which can be purchased online via the Abbey website Online Shop.
Orchards of Husthwaite, York, North Yorkshire, YO61. Email: cameron@orchardsofhusthwaite.co.uk

Galtres Gold and Galtres Ruby ciders are made from apples in the recently restored local orchard by The Orchards of Husthwaite Co-Operative. The co-op was formed to replant the orchards which had been removed in the 50s and 60s. Stage one (in 2009) involved planting over 500 new trees, and the second phase (in 2010) involved the production of cider, fruit juice and related products. Production is now based at the Manor House, in a building in the fold yard with rooms for juicing and storage. More details here.
Moorlands Cyder, Moorlands Farm, Cliffe Road, North Newbald, East Yorkshire, YO43 4TY. Tel: (01430) 827359 or 07970 252199.

A newly established cider producer selling at local pubs, farmers markets, cider festivals and more. CiderMike 17:13, 13 April 2010 (UTC)
Pure North Cider Co., New Laithe Farm, Deanhouse, Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, HD9 3TD. Tel: 07720 398706. Info@purenorthciderpress.com

Produced on a farm in Holmfirth. Their bottled cider was available at The Sportsman, Huddersfield in Feb. 2011.
'Udders Orchard Huddersfield. email: dave@uddersorchard.co.uk

Small producer started 2009 using local fruit. 2011 range includes perry, cider, whisky-cask cider and bourbon-cask cider.
Yorkshire Cider, Moorland Trout Farm, Newbridge Road, Middleton, Pickering, North Yorkshire, YO18 8JJ. Tel: (01751) 470208.

Alex Smith has been producing cider since around 2006
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Greenman being back under the username Dan the man is extremely mundane. I wonder which young lad he will let take the blame this time?
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
JonB wrote:

Happy to help-

Quote :
Ampleforth Abbey Orchard, Ampleforth Abbey, Ampleforth, York, North Yorkshire, YO62 4EN. Tel: (01439) 766899.

The Monks at Ampleforth have been selling their cider from the Abbey since 2005. The cider, which is made from apples grown in the Abbey's extensive orchards, sells out very quickly. There is also a Cider Brandy which can be purchased online via the Abbey website Online Shop.
Orchards of Husthwaite, York, North Yorkshire, YO61. Email: cameron@orchardsofhusthwaite.co.uk

Galtres Gold and Galtres Ruby ciders are made from apples in the recently restored local orchard by The Orchards of Husthwaite Co-Operative. The co-op was formed to replant the orchards which had been removed in the 50s and 60s. Stage one (in 2009) involved planting over 500 new trees, and the second phase (in 2010) involved the production of cider, fruit juice and related products. Production is now based at the Manor House, in a building in the fold yard with rooms for juicing and storage. More details here.
Moorlands Cyder, Moorlands Farm, Cliffe Road, North Newbald, East Yorkshire, YO43 4TY. Tel: (01430) 827359 or 07970 252199.

A newly established cider producer selling at local pubs, farmers markets, cider festivals and more. CiderMike 17:13, 13 April 2010 (UTC)
Pure North Cider Co., New Laithe Farm, Deanhouse, Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, HD9 3TD. Tel: 07720 398706. Info@purenorthciderpress.com

Produced on a farm in Holmfirth. Their bottled cider was available at The Sportsman, Huddersfield in Feb. 2011.
'Udders Orchard Huddersfield. email: dave@uddersorchard.co.uk

Small producer started 2009 using local fruit. 2011 range includes perry, cider, whisky-cask cider and bourbon-cask cider.
Yorkshire Cider, Moorland Trout Farm, Newbridge Road, Middleton, Pickering, North Yorkshire, YO18 8JJ. Tel: (01751) 470208.

Alex Smith has been producing cider since around 2006

Why, thank you old man - just arrived so I shall start exploring & sampling dreckly...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Made 4 new homebrews today. Red grape, 2 x apple and an apple and white grape.

My last 2 were both over 13% and very drinkable so I am loath to test out the claims of the brewing caps company who say you can reach 22% with them drunken I don't want to increase the strength if it is going to affect the taste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:31 pm

I had a brother who used to judge home-brew by how quickly it made him fall over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:48 pm

knecht wrote:
I had a brother who used to judge home-brew by how quickly it made him fall over.

A good measuring method cheers I treat mine like wine rather than cider, and just have a couple of glasses instead of drinking it by the pint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next