Tgwu
tigertony
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
zyph

zyph

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 9:56 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
zyph wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
3 hours to get from Berkshire to Kent this afternoon. M25 a bloody nightmare!

Some times it pays to drop down into Leyton and use the M102 through the Blackwall tunnel...missing the inner London toll and also the Dartford crossing toll as well....from NW Kent it use to take me thirty odd minutes to get to Orient.

We were on our way to Birchington near Manston and google maps had the M25/ 26/ 20 way the quickest. I don’t drive in London.

Was that a tour of Kent that you were doing then ?.....M102...A2...M2...Thanet Way....or M25 (plus toll)...M2...Thanet Way.....since lockdown my day out is a trip to the grassy bit of GSG and a pint nearby.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 3:21 pm

zyph wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
zyph wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
3 hours to get from Berkshire to Kent this afternoon. M25 a bloody nightmare!

Some times it pays to drop down into Leyton and use the M102 through the Blackwall tunnel...missing the inner London toll and also the Dartford crossing toll as well....from NW Kent it use to take me thirty odd minutes to get to Orient.

We were on our way to Birchington near Manston and google maps had the M25/ 26/ 20 way the quickest. I don’t drive in London.

Was that a tour of Kent that you were doing then ?.....M102...A2...M2...Thanet Way....or M25...M2...Thanet Way.....since lockdown my day out is a trip to the grassy bit of GSG and a pint nearby.

M4/ 25/26/20/ A249 (Sittigbourne road)/ Thanet way.
Like I said that was the quickest route according to google maps. It was the day the M25 was shut all day between junctions 5 and 4.

Talking of GSG, I always tell them I’m coming down and I get a slap up meal on the local council as a thank you for moving the misses away! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 pm

Trying to reading 'the cuckoo's calling' by JK Rowling writing as Robert Galbraith. Finding it hard going.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 8:34 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Trying to reading 'the cuckoo's calling' by JK Rowling writing as Robert Galbraith. Finding it hard going.

I was going to read it But heard it was hard going.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 11:34 am

Measuring how long it takes the rain drops to flow from the top of the window to the bottom. Pfft. FFS. What a Face
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 11:46 am

POI wrote:
Measuring how long it takes the rain drops to flow from the top of the window to the bottom. Pfft. FFS. What a Face

Don't leave us in suspense.....what style of window.....modern double glazed....or old style Victorian sash with quite a length drop to them.....we need to know....... popcorn
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 2:01 pm

It's fookin hosing it down here.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 2:50 pm

Trying to fill in an application form and write a supporting statement for a job.

Taking another break.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 4:26 pm

How's the retirement going?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 5:11 pm

All the jobs that needed doing like the extension and jobs that the boss thought up are done except the pruning of the apple trees in the back garden which I will start Monday. I have to admit I need to get a job to get me out and about.

Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 5:17 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Fooking run-off from the fields is gushing past the front door to the cottage like someone's blown-up Burrator! FFS Shocked
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 7:14 pm

POI wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Fooking run-off from the fields is gushing past the front door to the cottage like someone's blown-up Burrator! FFS Shocked

More on its way.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 8:43 am

It's fookin pissing it down again. Had another cup of tea but in a minute I've got to go out and erect signs for the next four hours in my already soaking waterproofs. Living the dream.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 10:35 am

Binned it until it calms down a little.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 11:50 am

This morning I will be bottling two gallons of homemade cider, had really good apples this year. We also strained off a litre of Tanqueray Sloe Gin which has turned out as the best we've ever done.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 12:17 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
This morning I will be bottling two gallons of homemade cider, had really good apples this year. We also strained off a litre of Tanqueray Sloe Gin which has turned out as the best we've ever done.

Did you see it Ears? Di ya? Did ya?

That feckin wall at Gunni. It's finished. Finished I tell ya. Hallelujah. Hallelujah indeed. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 1:24 pm

POI wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Did you see it Ears? Di ya? Did ya?

That feckin wall at Gunni. It's finished. Finished I tell ya. Hallelujah. Hallelujah indeed. cheers cheers cheers

cheers Thank fook for that. Took more time than building York Minster but they got there in the end.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 5:57 pm

Pruning the 2nd apple tree this afternoon. Will finish it tomorrow and take the cuttings up the dump Monday.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Decided to bin work for today just eaten fried mashed potatoe with a couple of fresh eggs fried on top with lots of pepper, bleddy andsome. Got the wood burner lit and going to choose a good book and hunker down for the day. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 4:13 pm

Work tonight. Pfft. Don't feel like it at all.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 2:02 pm

Black ice everywhere this morning it was proper lethal, all gone now I will miss the cold crisp weather. I'm going to have to avoid town as much as possible I can't believe how many arsey people are out there. I was waiting to get in the veg shop following the 3 person rule when a guy of about seventy breezed past me not wearing mask, I told him that I was queuing and he said "bigger fool you". What a twat.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Black ice everywhere this morning it was proper lethal, all gone now I will miss the cold crisp weather. I'm going to have to avoid town as much as possible I can't believe how many arsey people are out there. I was waiting to get in the veg shop following the 3 person rule when a guy of about seventy breezed past me not wearing mask, I told him that I was queuing and he said "bigger fool you". What a twat.

Cabin fever mate. Lockdown has sent people radio rental - especially on the roads. Everyone is so aggressive, rude, no time for you, no manners. I like it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 11:09 am

Wrapping Christmas prezzies - christ on a bike, I hate wrapping prezzies. Mundane as feck. I'm pretty good at it though. Here's one of my better efforts! What a Face

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 11:59 am

Walked up to the end of the village to get some eggs (local farmers honesty stall) so I could bake a cake! Saw two boxes of eggs, so I put 2 quid in the honesty box. Picked up the eggs boxes and they were empty! FFS Than my twat hat lit up - it was the empty boxes I placed back in the stall for reuse yesterday! FFS x 10. FFS. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 2:56 pm

Had to buy a new printer for my PC this morning. Gone for one of those all in one types with the ink tanks and wi fi. Going to make it a joint Christmas present for me and the wife because her one isn’t going to last much longer.

If anyone uses an epson xp530 printer or one that uses the cartridges with the oranges picture on them I have a blue, black x2 and a picture black they can have.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 24 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next