Tgwu
tigertony
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 7:46 am

Dark as fook out there this morning.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 6:15 pm

Singapore chow Mein ordered.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 10:35 am

Might wander into town shortly.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 6:35 pm

Watched the film The Bromley Boys about the 69/70 season for Bromley FC (they were described as the worst team in Britain) this afternoon. Bromley had a striker called Alan Stonebridge who I think was Ian Stonebridge’s dad.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 10:33 am

Just finished a book called ‘The forgotten tragedy’ about the sinking of HMT Lancastria on June 17th 1940 off Saint Nazaire, France. She was helping to evacuate troops and civilians when she was bombed and sunk.

It is classed as Britain’s worse maritime loss of life. The official death toll is put at 2000 but she was very overloaded and some estimates think over 3000 may have died.

Some of the accounts of the survivors in the book are horrific.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 6:57 pm

I'm reading a book about some geezers in London who used to lift bodies for doctors to practice on sounds more cheerful than yours Mouldy.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 7:43 pm

It was a good read but the witness statements were quite upsetting.
It was kept quiet for weeks by Churchill using a D notice. He did admit years later that so much was happening at the time that he forgot he had served the notice.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 12:56 pm

Half way through the first part of get back.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 4:26 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Watched the film The Bromley Boys about the 69/70 season for Bromley FC (they were described as the worst team in Britain) this afternoon. Bromley had a striker called Alan Stonebridge who I think was Ian Stonebridge’s dad.

I used to go down the Lilywhites (as they were called back in the 1950's) at Hayes Lane......top amateur football club....won the Amateur Cup three time I think....other top amateur clubs of that era were Bishop Auckland and Crook Town,,,both northern clubs.......Wimbledon was in the same Isthmian league in those days....but small fry.

Favourite players of that time were...

1.....Ron Heckman...sold to Leyton Orient.

2.....Denis Studley...centre forward represented England at amateur level.

3.....Len Wager defender....had the habit of stepping over back passes and letting it go to the keeper....it looked as if he'd missed it....used to get the old heart fluttering in panic at times.....he used to work at the same engineering firm as me....he eventually married one of the directors daughters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 6:07 pm

Batteries went in my Christmas lights, put new batteries in and they’re now working
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 7:57 pm

Went to the dentist, filling fell out.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 7:52 am

been up since just after 6am fook knows why still dark as a cows guts out there. been out to check the sheep and took me ten minutes to find them in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 10:33 am

My youngest bhey was telling me about a bloke who is a good swimmer transitioned into a lady swimmer and then beat the womens record by over thirty seconds. One of the comments underneath said "fair play must have worked their bollocks off".
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 10:42 am

Missed the worst of the storm by mins
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 8:54 pm

Went in to muff today and bought a little Acer tablet to replace my old ipad which I fooking hate. Really like it and for £120 real good value. From what I can see everything in Curry's is about a hundred quid or about a thousand?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 6:38 am

Got my cholecystectomy today.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 7:12 am

Good luck, hope it all goes well.

Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 8:28 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Went in to muff today and bought a little Acer tablet to replace my old ipad which I fooking hate. Really like it and for £120 real good value. From what I can see everything in Curry's is about a hundred quid or about a thousand?

Apple is an overrated, very expensive brand. You don't have to pay hundreds for a decent tablet, or phone. I switched from iPhone to Android a couple of years ago. My Pixel 5a (imported from the US) does everything my iPhone could do, and better - with a better camera. All for the third of the price of the latest top-of-of-range iPhone. Stick your £1000 + phones up yer arse. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 9:50 am

POI wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Apple is an overrated, very expensive brand. You don't have to pay hundreds for a decent tablet, or phone. I switched from iPhone to Android a couple of years ago. My Pixel 5a (imported from the US) does everything my iPhone could do, and better - with a better camera. All for the third of the price of the latest top-of-of-range iPhone. Stick your £1000 + phones up yer arse. Laughing

Ipad is great until they bring out a new model then it won't update not something that I will ever buy again. Mate of mine who always has a brand new iPhone reckons you have to buy a new one every eighteen months lol. I've got a Galaxy S9 from music magpie in good condition £220 and it's a really good phone.

Check your pms mate.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 1:23 pm

Getting car mot.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 3:35 pm

Car mot done after buying a new tyre. Mot was £40 and tyre £143!

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 4:11 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Bleddy hell what you got a Maclaren.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 6:15 pm

If only!

Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptySat Dec 11, 2021 8:08 am

Off for my Wuhan Wheezer booster. alien
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 EmptySat Dec 11, 2021 8:10 am

zyph wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Bleddy hell what you got a Maclaren.

Mouldy's Maclaren. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 29 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next