Tgwu
tigertony
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 8:13 am

Had our first frost yesterday and this morning there is quite a heavy one, I've got a trailer load of firewood tipped out on the floor next to the woodshed, the third one this far, fook you world Gas prices. It's a lovely feeling to get all your winters fuel away.
May go out foraging later and will deffo get out fishing this week, will have a scan of local Airbnb's today and look to get away in the next couple of days now the grockles have gone and the weather is still nice.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 8:36 am

Getting rid of lodger number 2 today. Taking him to university.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 9:04 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Getting rid of lodger number 2 today. Taking him to university.

Did you ever see lodger No 1 again....having done the same with them in the past......a good time to move without leaving a forwarding address for either No1 or No2 to find you...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 10:45 pm

Number 1 keeps turning up like a bad penny.
GSG girl doesn’t want to move. She won’t even let me change the locks.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 5:38 pm

Hate this clocks back business.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 7:05 pm

Far from Mundane I have actual faster than 3 meg broadband at long last! party animal usual negativity but much faster.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 12:16 am

Change your name to super neg? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2023 10:58 am

Had a Chinese takeaway last night, what a disappointment, ordered King Prawn fried rice, which was fried rice and prawns, as you'd expect but no onion, bean sprouts or water chestnuts although weirdly I had 5 peas in there.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2023 6:24 pm

Sticking to the disappointing fast food theme, at a five guys burger joint last week, 4 cheeseburgers, 2 chips, 2 milkshakes, 1 coke ..... 63 notes Shocked
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 3:55 pm

Bought two new wiper blades after me MOT, £18.78
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 4:56 pm

On a more positive note I went to Mama Rita's by the bus station on my birthday recently and had a cracking Curry Goat, rice and peas, plantain and sweet potato fries. Heavenly.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 1:17 pm

Turned up at the supermarket just as they were finished loading up the “Reduced section” with some good stuff. I decided to load up the trolley so I could freeze things and save a wee fortune. £17-74 in Reduced items saved - was thinking “Mother would be so proud of me”. Got home and opened the freezer door to start packing them away - “Feck I forgot the freezer was jam-packed already !!”
Now got 70 chicken goujons, 4 Ginsters traditional, 20 mini-pasties, 8 chicken thighs, pack of Salt & chilli chicken strips, 6 Lamb & mint kebabs, 20 chippalatos and 6 Cumberland sausages to consume before they go off !!
Bloody idiot!!!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 6:51 pm

Jambo Pasty wrote:
Turned up at the supermarket just as they were finished loading up the “Reduced section” with some good stuff. I decided to load up the trolley so I could freeze things and save a wee fortune. £17-74 in Reduced items saved - was thinking “Mother would be so proud of me”. Got home and opened the freezer door to start packing them away - “Feck I forgot the freezer was jam-packed already !!”
Now got 70 chicken goujons, 4 Ginsters traditional, 20 mini-pasties, 8 chicken thighs, pack of Salt & chilli chicken strips, 6 Lamb & mint kebabs, 20 chippalatos and 6 Cumberland sausages to consume before they go off !!
Bloody idiot!!!

That's why we've always had a 13cubic ft freezer in the garage.....years back when we where quite young we went strawberry picking with the kids....we over did it and spent half the night packing them into vacuumed bags to freeze them down......two years later...I kid you not....we still had some packs left over for the odd trifle or two.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 7:08 pm

Could well believe it Zyph - my father’s House had nearly one acre set aside for fruit & veg. That’s how I spent my summer hols bloody picking, prepping and freezing. We ended up with two additional chest freezers in the Dairy and another in the stables/garage. They were full every year but we ate our way through it all, more often than not, every year. Alas I don’t have a garage and it’s only me & neighbours away on hols so I’m absolutely friggin stuffed at the minute!!
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 7:38 pm

Well I’ve finally managed to eat my way through all that excess “Bargain” food now.

To say I feel like Mr Creosote is an absolute understatement and any bugger who offers me a “wafer thin mint” I’ll truly vom on them !! You have been warned
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 34 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34