sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
Tgwu
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

Wembley match day thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Rickler wrote:
The weathers a turn around?   Last time I looked, the forecast was for the hottest bank holiday on record?
speedo's & Ray bans now then laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 3:40 pm

This is England, Ricks. Most of the time the forecasters can't seem to accurately predict what it will be like in a few hours time, let alone in 5 days. The most accurate assumption at the minute is that it ISN'T going to be awful.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 7:28 am

This morning Argyle fans already going around with argyle flag flying.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 7:50 am

In short:

We'll lose. Glad I'm not going. Brent out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 8:06 am

Freathy wrote:
In short:

We'll lose.  Glad I'm not going.  Brent out
Thank God for that.

I was getting worried that we'd not had Freathy's pre match pearls of wisdom yet. I can now go to Wembley secure in the knowledge that all is right with the world. 

Freathy expects us to lose. In other news, bears defecate in forest areas.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 8:07 am

I am going, with the wife and youngest son we going going up on Sunday. Meet grandson and his dad on Monday. Lucky boy with his dad their are staying the week up  there taking in the England game.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 8:53 am

Pinched this from JL face book

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 9:01 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
This is England, Ricks. Most of the time the forecasters can't seem to accurately predict what it will be like in a few hours time, let alone in 5 days. The most accurate assumption at the minute is that it ISN'T going to be awful.  

I'll tell you what Czarky. You and Ricks might well have to deal with a day of rain. But hey, it's Wembley.
Meanwhile, down in god's county of West Penwith, this refusenik in Sennen will be basking in rather sweet early Summer sunshine. Get it while you can.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 7:10 pm

THE TOWN ARE ALL BEHIND WIMBLEDON AFC

Any local Wimbledon businesses want follow the Dons poster in their window?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 7:46 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I'll tell you what Czarky. You and Ricks might well have to deal with a day of rain. But hey, it's Wembley.
Meanwhile, down in god's county of West Penwith, this refusenik in Sennen will be basking in rather sweet early Summer sunshine. Get it while you can.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posted this elsewhere but it's relevant here too. Dry all day at the minute.

As it goes I love Sennen. Whitesands Bay is one of my favourite beaches anywhere. Pipped only just in Cornwall by Kynance Cove. With the right tide level and good light, the turquoise waters are truly stunning. But from Sennen upwards, any number of those North Cornish beaches are just gorgeous. I'll spend a large part of the next month on a lot of them. Very Happy

The good thing though is that they aren't a once-in-20yr phenomenom, and can be enjoyed on every sunny summer day.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Went into Dewneys today, asked any vans at Home Park Monday morning for the fans catching the coaches, never thought of it was their reply.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 9:25 pm

Ian Holloway tells Argyle: Wimbledon will not lie down at Wembley

IAN HOLLOWAY has warned that AFC Wimbledon will be tough to beat for Plymouth Argyle in the League Two play-off final at Wembley.

The former Pilgrims' boss is an admirer of the team spirit that has carried Wimbledon to within one match of promotion.

But Holloway, now the face of Sky Sports' Football League coverage, is hoping the Green Army will be celebrating come the final whistle on Bank Holiday Monday.

He said: "I wish Plymouth all the very best and I just hope it turns out the way they want but Wimbledon will not lie down.

"If they (Argyle) want it they are going to have to win it, and then win it again, because Wimbledon will keep coming."

In an interview with Herald Sport, the 53-year-old also praised the work of Argyle manager Derek Adams in his first season at Home Park.

The Pilgrims were in contention for automatic promotion for much of this season but eventually finished in fifth position.

However, Holloway thought they put any disappointment over that behind them when they beat Portsmouth 3-2 on aggregate in the play-off semi-final.

He said: "The games against Portsmouth were really tough. To go to Pompey and draw 2-2 was fantastic.

"And I thought the crowd at Home Park actually got them through the tie. They were absolutely fantastic on the day.

"It was exactly what the Green Army is all about."

Holloway, though, was equally impressed with the way Wimbledon dispatched Accrington Stanley in their play-off semi-final.

Wimbledon won the home first leg 1-0 but trailed 2-0 in the return match before substitute Adebayo 'The Beast' Akinfenwa put them level on aggregate.

Then, in extra-time, Dons' top scorer Lyle Taylor scored the goal which sent them to Wembley.

Holloway said: "The fact is Wimbledon have got a never-say-die spirit and they have got some dangerous forwards.

"It's can Argyle cause enough problems to upset them? I believe they can but it's going to be tough.

"(Jake) Jervis was magnificent at the start of the season and if he can get close to that form it would help them.

"I don't know much about (Jamille) Matt up front but he looks a beast of a fella.

"And when Reuben Reid turns up and plays well there is nobody better at any level. He has got all sorts of skills.
"They have also got (Graham) Carey in midfield, so anything is possible. It's just whatever happens on the day."

Wimbledon won six of their last eight games in League Two to secure the last play-off spot.

Promotion seemed to be slipping from their grasp when Piero Mingoai fired Accrington into a 2-1 aggregate lead in the second leg, but the visitors from south London had other ideas.

Holloway, who had a short spell at the 'old' Wimbledon during his playing days, put a lot of credit for that down to Dons' boss Neal Ardley.

He said: "When the second goal went in, it should have been all over.

"It was such an outstanding finish from Mingoia. It was an unbelievable strike out of nothing, and I thought 'they (Wimbledon) are dead now'.

"But the manager has made some changes, he changed his system, he put some attacking players on, and he pinned back their (Accrington) full-backs.

"It was very clever management and the team just responded. It was quite astounding.

"Even when the floodlights went out, nothing fazed them.

"They seem to have an in-bred sort of 'Crazy Gang' feeling there again, and that's the danger, but my heart is telling me Plymouth.

"I hope the Green Army have a wonderful party and they enjoy it, and they get what they richly deserve."

As for Adams, Holloway said: "I think their manager, Derek, has been a revelation.

"Nobody had heard of him when he came down (from Scotland) and he got them winning straight away.

"John Sheridan did a good job but this bloke has taken it to another level. Well done to the club. It has been a breath of fresh air down there."

Holloway admitted he did some research about Adams after seeing that he had been appointed by Argyle last June.

"I had a read up about him and he has got a great record," said Holloway.

"There are lots of things, being at Plymouth, that you can cause you a problem, for example getting people to the club because it is so far out on a limb.
"But he was at the other end of the country (at Ross County) so he's very used to that sort of thing

copy from brent paper
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 10:53 pm

Will any poster be recording the full sky streaming from the 1400hrs start, Would like to see how the build up to the game went.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 7:09 am

Tgwu wrote:
Will any poster be recording the full sky streaming from the 1400hrs start, Would like to see how the build up to the game went.

My lads gone to Majorca (booked when we all thought autos !!) and has set whatever on Sky Sports to record it
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 7:25 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

My lads gone to Majorca (booked when we all thought autos !!) and has set whatever on Sky Sports to record it

I watches on the laptop through a streaming site, going up up on Sunday well not be able to record the build up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 9:55 am

Weather forecast for Monday now saying 24% chance of showers!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 10:01 am

Hmm BBC London weather summary says :-

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday
Some sunshine is expected on Sunday, with freshening northerly winds. Fresh or strong northerly winds are forecast on Monday with heavy rain. Heavy showers on Tuesday.

but their hour by hour graphics show showers starting 1900ish. I just don't want to be sitting on a plane for 12 hours on Monday night fecking soaked through.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 11:43 am

Did I read that Flannels are kitting out the squad at £600 a pop?

£600 for off the peg?! Fine if you're getting it for nowt, but madness if you're putting your hand in your pocket. There's a guy in Tavistock who's ex-Saville Row, who will do one for similar money, and other good local tailors who'll do one for quite a bit less.

That said, it's a step up from Matalan. The sweatshop workers who knocked these out are probably paid/beaten enough to get them to care a little bit.

Anyway, that's enough suit cynicism. I might have to buy a new pocket square for the final...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 12:56 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Did I read that Flannels are kitting out the squad at £600 a pop?

£600 for off the peg?! Fine if you're getting it for nowt, but madness if you're putting your hand in your pocket. There's a guy in Tavistock who's ex-Saville Row, who will do one for similar money, and other good local tailors who'll do one for quite a bit less.

That said, it's a step up from Matalan. The sweatshop workers who knocked these out are probably paid/beaten enough to get them to care a little bit.

Anyway, that's enough suit cynicism. I might have to buy a new pocket square for the final...

If you are talking about Quinns in Tavvi he's just recently closed down, feckin shame, good value for good quality gear with a great old fashioned service, the reason he gave for closing down was the cost of being in business these days, high rents and extortionate business rates.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Surprised they aren't in Satrock hoodies and board shorts
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 5:24 pm

THIS is a busy time for all Pilgrims.
From the players to the Green Army, everyone is gearing up for Monday's huge play-off final against AFC Wimbledon at Wembley. That includes the team at pafc.co.uk: we have so much to tell you, we want to make sure that we can get all the necessary information over to you - and we only have so much space on our front page!

Therefore, this page will remain updated over the coming days to give you easy access to all the stories, memories, information and previews we have ahead of the Pilgrims' trip to Wembley!

Wembley Logistics
Parking, travel and disabled info
Train and Coach Details / More Train Info
How to Buy Tickets
Wembley Pubs
If you haven't got your ticket yet
Car Park offer
Coach Leaving Times
No Pyro

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 6:39 pm

We're all going to Wernbley, we're all going to Wernbley, la la la la! laugh laugh laugh

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 6:49 pm

Good Post
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 6:58 pm

Hope it washes off after 3 weeks, or is it a permanent fixture ?
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wembley match day thread
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next