sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
Tgwu
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

Wembley match day thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Please be on good behaviour Foxy. If this was a pub you wouldn't go into your rivals pub and wind them up. Debate by all means but anything where you are looking for a reaction is a 24 hour suspension. 

Be a good boy and let everyone vent their anger/frustration without being wound up.

P.s see you next season!
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 6:26 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Please be on good behaviour Foxy. If this was a pub you wouldn't go into your rivals pub and wind them up. Debate by all means but anything where you are looking for a reaction is a 24 hour suspension. 

Be a good boy and let everyone vent their anger/frustration without being wound up.

P.s see you next season!

Even I'm not that daft Dick. I know the feeling and it takes weeks to get over but you'll bounce back! All the best and at least we've got the Euro's to look forward too.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 6:34 pm

Awesome stadium and pretty good logistics organisation, back in my hotel near Waterloo by 1745,although having said that I didn't hang around to see the penalty.That was about the best part of the day and Argyle wouldn't have scored if the match was played until next week. Too many misplaced passes[exemplified by Reid's heavy touch when trying to put someone in near the end] and poor control and composure in key situations. The match stats which kept appearing on the screen said Argyle had more possession and passes but it was really irrelevant woppity wop-Wimbledon were far more dangerous throughout and that lad Taylor may not be with them for long. Akinfenwa fecked Argyle over at HP when coming on as sub towards the end of the season and I thought he took the Argyle defenders attention for the goal to give the other lad space today-classic combination. Very disappointing but no great surprise-they had far more momentum than Argyle and truthfully you could say this was a form result.Some serious decisions need to be made now and it will indeed be interesting to see how it all pans out.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Only saw Sky Sports News clips. Was Mellor playing with two broken feet? I can't think of any other explanation for his baffling decision to try and head the ball six inches from the floor. No chance of winning the challenge. I thought our defending was bad from lateral balls, but even we have to bow to that piece of comedy defending.

Look on the bright side. If you had been promoted the Reluctant bidder and his Gestapo would have been impregnable for some considerable time.

Last edited by jabba the gut ecfc on Mon May 30, 2016 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 6:50 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Awesome stadium and pretty good logistics organisation, back in my hotel near Waterloo by 1745,although having said that I didn't hang around to see the penalty.That was about the best part of the day and Argyle wouldn't have scored if the match was played until next week. Too many misplaced passes[exemplified by Reid's heavy touch when trying to put someone in near the end] and poor control and composure in key situations. The match stats which kept appearing on the screen said Argyle had more possession and passes but it was really irrelevant woppity wop-Wimbledon were far more dangerous throughout and that lad Taylor may not be with them for long. Akinfenwa fecked Argyle over at HP when coming on as sub towards the end of the season and I thought he took the Argyle defenders attention for the goal to give the other lad space today-classic combination. Very disappointing but no great surprise-they had far more momentum than Argyle and truthfully you could say this was a form result.Some serious decisions need to be made now and it will indeed be interesting to see how it all pans out.

TBH I was a bit underwhelmed by Wembley. Not a patch on the Olympic stadium IMO - at least the way it was before West Ham got hold of it.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 6:53 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Jethro wrote:
argyl3 wrote:
Stand by for the pasoti witch hunt.. New manager in July??

Has to be Adams has no plan b,

How can he have a plan b when he can't form a decent back up with Brent holding the purse strings.

Of course. A useful human shield though.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 6:53 pm

Ahh well at least we may get a cameo in the AFC Wimbledon "movie"
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 6:54 pm

Plan B was obviously "get more loan players in from eBay"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 6:55 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:

Look on the bright side. If you had been promoted the Reluctant bidder and his Gestapo would have been impregnable for some considerable time.

That hasn't gone unnoticed, but it would be a bit opportune to mention it now. Laughing
I'm looking forward to next season.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Someone needs too light the blue touch paper under the gunpowder
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 7:17 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Popcorn Pig wrote:
We didn't turn up. Very disappointed. The occasion should have been enough to spur us on.

Brent out. Newell out. Adams out De-liar and his spaceship out. Webb fuckoff. Wembley feck off.

Pissed off. Pissed and the fist Excretia fan to post is going to get a 5 finger death punch. Evil or Very Mad

Where did you go then Poppy ? The Fortescue doesn't have Sky I found out, and I refuse to go in that corner place Boomers. Ended up down in the old reliable Seymour.

As to the game, they were far more physical, and the better team by some margin.

The Rodney in Saltash. There was a near riot at the final whistle. Laughing Glasses, chairs and beer being thrown at the big screen. Did make me chuckle. I just sat there and thought to myself. Why do I bother with Argo. Saying that - I'll be a mug and go again next season when I can. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 7:21 pm

Foxy wrote:
Popcorn Pig wrote:
We didn't turn up. Very disappointed. The occasion should have been enough to spur us on.

Brent out. Newell out. Adams out De-liar and his spaceship out. Webb fuckoff. Wembley feck off.

Pissed off. Pissed and the fist Excretia fan to post is going to get a 5 finger death punch. Evil or Very Mad

Evening Popcorn popcorn

Just fuuck off for a few days would you?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 7:23 pm

Greenskin wrote:

TBH I was a bit underwhelmed by Wembley. Not a patch on the Olympic stadium IMO - at least the way it was before West Ham got hold of it.

Fecking good for you.

Now piss off for another 8 months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 7:34 pm

35,000 fans turn up and pumped up for the occasion. Such a shame Adam & Co couldn't do the same.

(((((shakes head)))))) at a truly dreadful day to be a green.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 9:17 pm

One thing is that loss today fecking hurt big time.

Maybe I do still give a shit afterall.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 10:14 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Awesome stadium...

Fecking good for you.

Charming.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 11:37 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Awesome stadium...

Fecking good for you.

Charming.

He's got a point though hasn't he? If you're only going to come on here when either...

1) things go fantastically well for u ( drawing a huge team in the cup, or
2) Things go spectacularly wrong for us ( eg today)

....then it's a bit lame. Either contribute semi-occasionally, or do one.

You're a good read and a very intelligent fella, so I hope it'd be the former.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 11:51 pm

a damn fine ATD cabal was had
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 11:55 pm

At least something good occurred.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:15 am

Jesus, it took two bloody hours to get out of London. We got back to Plymouth at 11pm.

On the way home we commented on how silent the AFC fans seemed. Had we won, it would have been manic.

I feel let down by the team today, 34k GA hoping this would be the day, sadly it was not to be.

Oh well, more awful L2 footie next season.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:20 am

I was in the Torch it was a shite London pub but the atmos was amaze bobs and no cnut that outed me in sight so that was great. Met a load of people I haven't seen in ages and the place was rocking, green smoke everywhere it should be stopped. Lol. Wembley was impressive and run very slickly, makes Brent look the ameratish cnut that he is.
Although not brilliant Wimbledon were the better team and we looked ordinary apart from Mellor who looked out of his depth. Sawyer didn't impress me nor did the midfield who couldn't make a pass, the forwards who couldn't collect a pass, Luke our best player. Carey not bad but not the league above player I was expecting to see. Dons were tight at the back, held us comfortably and we huffed and puffed and when the goal went in that was it. Hartley had best chance but didn't get on top of it, should have been one nil to us.
I wouldn't be surprised if anyone saw any of that differently from me as you get an odd perspective from these tall stadia, my only criticism of Wembley I wish it was wider so you could be nearer eye level. I was on second tier if you were up top you'd struggle to make feck all out.
Feckin great show by the Green army who showed what REAL support is about, expensive tickets, long day and some 600 mile round trips put in with a good bit of coin spilt and we took the place over, we deserve much better than that FFS!
Brent get the feck out of my club.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Bottle job Adams    Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:24 am

Big day. Big crowd and Adams bottled it with his negative tactics. 1 up top all game and the rest of the side just pumped it high. Wimbledon centre backs must have thought it was Xmas. Adams got it completely wrong on the big occasion. Crowd were frustrated come the later stages of the game but the team didn't give them anything to shout about.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:26 am

Greenskin wrote:

The stadium was not bad, i bet it is even better for say, an England game.

I was sat right at the top of the stadium and it was strange watching the game below. It was like Subbuteo.

The below photo is a tad on the small size, just got it off my Facebook page.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by VillageGreen on Tue May 31, 2016 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:28 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
I was in the Torch it was a shite London pub but the atmos was amaze bobs and no cnut that outed me in sight so that was great. Met a load of people I haven't seen in ages and the place was rocking, green smoke everywhere it should be stopped. Lol. Wembley was impressive and run very slickly, makes Brent look the ameratish cnut that he is.
Although not brilliant Wimbledon were the better team and we looked ordinary apart from Mellor who looked out of his depth. Sawyer didn't impress me nor did the midfield who couldn't make a pass, the forwards who couldn't collect a pass, Luke our best player. Carey not bad but not the league above player I was expecting to see. Dons were tight at the back, held us comfortably and we huffed and puffed and when the goal went in that was it. Hartley had best chance but didn't get on top of it, should have been one nil to us.
I wouldn't be surprised if anyone saw any of that differently from me as you get an odd perspective from these tall stadia, my only criticism of Wembley I wish it was wider so you could be nearer eye level. I was on second tier if you were up top you'd struggle to make feck all out.
Feckin great show by the Green army who showed what REAL support is about, expensive tickets, long day and some 600 mile round trips put in with a good bit of coin spilt and we took the place over, we deserve much better than that FFS!
Brent get the feck out of my club.

I was in the Torch too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:35 am

Apart from the subs he never made any changes, tactically it was all wrong in the second half.
As soon as Akinfenwa came on their players and fans got really up for it.
Adams and the players froze.

Just Akinfenwa coming on was enough to silence the GA, we all knew what was coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wembley match day thread
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next