RegGreen
sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
Tgwu
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Wembley match day thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2016 9:09 pm

Tgwu wrote:
This time next week up in the smoke, the family will be tucking into a three course meal with the wife drinking the wine. I may go over board and have a shandy. The wig and flag ready for action.

I went for a meal with the wife tonight and she was drinking wine, she leant over the table and whispered "I love you" I said is that the wine talking, she said "I was talking to the wine."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2016 9:09 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
This time next week up in the smoke, the family will be tucking into a three course meal with the wife drinking the wine. I may go over board and have a shandy. The wig and flag ready for action.

I went for a meal with the wife tonight and she was drinking wine, she leant over the table and whispered "I love you" I said is that the wine talking, she said "I was talking to the wine."

Laughing
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 1:27 pm

One week to go and the nerves have switched to to over-time mode.

I was the same in 1996. I just hope the same outcome is acheived in 2016, as it was back in 1996.

I think it will be a close game, both sides should be ''well up for it'' and i predict a 2-1 win to Argyle, which will right the wrong of missing out on automatic promotion.

Just been reading a thread or two over the road there, some posters are warning Argyle fans to be a tad careful of the Millwall fans on the Sunday. Good-sound advice, considering what happened down at HP in the JPT.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon May 23, 2016 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 1:30 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 9:09 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Didn't realise my wife was getting romantic the other night, she gazed into my eyes and asked if I could still make her scream with 2 fingers, so I poked her in the eye with both of them.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 1:33 am

Graiser wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Didn't realise my wife was getting romantic the other night, she gazed into my eyes and asked if I could still make her scream with 2 fingers, so I poked her in the eye with both of them.
Laughing
My mate took his Mrs to the doctor as he thought she had Tourettes. Doc talked to her then said to my mate ''Nah - she ain't got Tourettes - she really does think you're a complete w....r and wishes you would just f... off.

Before I forget its my birthday on Monday 30th. I'll be wearing the green scarf and at times have a talking tiger face on. I take cash and cheques but not cards at present. I hope its a super birthday.
parteeeeee
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:25 am

From Argyle Media

WE have been given some additional information to pass onto supporters ahead of the trip to Wembley next Monday.

This week's Superstore & Ticket Office Opening Hours

Monday-Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 10am- 4pm
Sunday: 1pm - 4pm

The Argyle Superstore has a fantastic new range of Wembley-specific items on sale. Pop in store or visit ArgyleSuperstore.co.uk to get your hands on this limited edition stock.

Coaches

The Ticket Office continues to offer places on official club coaches, although these continue to be very limited.

Ticket Problems

From Tuesday, May 24 until Friday, May 27 all requests for duplicate tickets - and other major ticket issues - need to be made through the Customer service line at Ticketmaster on 0333 003 5935 between the hours of 9am and 5pm.

Collection of dublicate tickets will then be available on the day of the game for collection at the East ticket office at Wembley. If you require this service on the day, please allow ample time.

International Tickets

Any international bookings will not be posted but held for collection from the East ticket office at Wembley on the day of the game. As above, please ensure you give yourself enough time if you have to use this service.

Pilgrims At Wembley

We are enjoying finding out about the Green Army's tales about getting to Wembley this year. Our request to hear your stories has met with great response, and we encourage as many of you as possible to get involved. The closer we get to the big day, we are excited to see your pictures of your Pilgrimage, which you can send to us at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or on Twitter @Only1Argyle. Make sure you keep using the hashtag [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:33 am

Quotes from football league paper

The L2 play-off final is set to be a big 'un - 50,000+ expected to be in attendance for Wimbledon v Plymouth

It's set to be the biggest attendance at a L2 play-off final since 53,706 watched Gillingham v Shrewsbury in 2009

Fun fact: 50,000 is also the same amount of weight in kg that @daRealAkinfenwa can bench press...we assume
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 9:53 am

The Wembley announcer

Argyle's regular match announcer Andy Ballantyne will be making his Wembley debut in Monday’s Sky Bet League 2 Play-Off Final.

The life-long Pilgrims’ fan will update the club's fans on any late news for the promotion-or-bust encounter with AFC Wimbledon, go through the Argyle team line-up, and offer some final words of encouragement for Derek Adams’ men.

The six-minute segment is a way of building the atmosphere ahead of kick-off for Argyle’s big day out and hopefully the familiar local link with the Pilgrims will get the Green Army and Wembley Stadium rocking.

The Heart South West news presenter admitted he was nervous to be appearing in front of more than 50,000 fans, nearly 35,000 of who will be supporting the Pilgrims. He said: “This has to be the highlight of my career. From standing on the terraces and even watching Argyle get promoted twice in three years, nothing comes close to seeing your side at Wembley.

“There has been so much interest from across the globe, with people coming from Australia, New Zealand, Holland and Bermuda – I hope my voice works and I don’t stumble!”

An Argyle spokesman said: “With Andy on duty as normal, it will take another little bit of Home Park to Wembley. We know the fans and – importantly – Derek and the players will enjoy hearing a recognisable voice performing a familiar routine before the game.”

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 12:40 am

All suited out for the big day

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 6:51 am

The hotel I'm staying in on Sunday night has just sent me a welcome email which includes the weather for my stay, Monday has it raining (looks more like pissing down). Anybody else looked at the weather prospects?

I might have to bring more pants and socks if I'm going to get soaked!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 7:06 am

Does seem that it maybe cloudy/rainy on Monday. Im sure it'll be dryish in the pub though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 8:54 am

The ten day forecast I saw gave a 74% chance of rain, looking like I'll have to take my huge umbrella. Lucky for Ottawa Green and Angry S they will all be able to shelter under Nool (along with Jimmy, Si and Nikkk).
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 8:56 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
The ten day forecast I saw gave a 74% chance of rain, looking like I'll have to take my huge umbrella. Lucky for Ottawa Green and Angry S they will all be able to shelter under Nool (along with Jimmy, Si and Nikkk).

Snorbert Dentressanglespangle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 9:03 am

Last Wembley playoff I could have sheltered under the guy sat next to me/on my lap. We saw him in the pub and were all laughing saying "pity the poor fecker who has to sit next to him". lol!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 12:51 pm

Team for Monday

McCormick

Mellor Nelson Hartley Sawyer

McHugh  Boateng

Jervis Carey Wylde

Matt

Will the larger  pitch suite us

The pitch size of Wembley is 115 yd (105 m) long by 75 yd (69 m) wide, slightly narrower than the old Wembley

Home Park Pitch Size: 112 x 73 yards
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Team for Monday

McCormick

Mellor Nelson Hartley Sawyer

McHugh  Boateng

Jervis Carey Wylde

Matt

Will the larger  pitch suite us

The pitch size of Wembley is 115 yd (105 m) long by 75 yd (69 m) wide, slightly narrower than the old Wembley

Home Park Pitch Size: 112 x 73 yards
larger pitch suit us ..we cant even attack the devonport end in the first half if we lose the toss sends em out of sync let alone a larger wembley pitch laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 2:27 pm

The weather on the ten day forecast has taken a turn for the better with rain gone down from 73% to 34% likelihood.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 2:35 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
The weather on the ten day forecast has taken a turn for the better with rain gone down from 73% to 34% likelihood.
shorts tee shirt & Ray bans it is then parteeeeee
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 3:03 pm

Do we need sun glasses?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 3:03 pm

The sun always shines on the righteous bhey! Gonna piss (Port Isaac Shuttle Service) down if true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 3:04 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Do we need sun glasses?

Ray Bans are sun glasses not a big posh cast iron stove.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Ticket arrived today and a nice new T-Shirt is getting printed for the occasion.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Do we need sun glasses?
indeed we do but not them green tinted ones they wear on pisspotty though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 3:28 pm

The weathers a turn around? Last time I looked, the forecast was for the hottest bank holiday on record?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wembley match day thread
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next