RegGreen
sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
Tgwu
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage

Wembley match day thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:36 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
I was in the Torch it was a shite London pub but the atmos was amaze bobs and no cnut that outed me in sight so that was great. Met a load of people I haven't seen in ages and the place was rocking, green smoke everywhere it should be stopped. Lol. Wembley was impressive and run very slickly, makes Brent look the ameratish cnut that he is.
Although not brilliant Wimbledon were the better team and we looked ordinary apart from Mellor who looked out of his depth. Sawyer didn't impress me nor did the midfield who couldn't make a pass, the forwards who couldn't collect a pass, Luke our best player. Carey not bad but not the league above player I was expecting to see. Dons were tight at the back, held us comfortably and we huffed and puffed and when the goal went in that was it. Hartley had best chance but didn't get on top of it, should have been one nil to us.
I wouldn't be surprised if anyone saw any of that differently from me as you get an odd perspective from these tall stadia, my only criticism of Wembley I wish it was wider so you could be nearer eye level. I was on second tier if you were up top you'd struggle to make feck all out.
Feckin great show by the Green army who showed what REAL support is about, expensive tickets, long day and some 600 mile round trips put in with a good bit of coin spilt and we took the place over, we deserve much better than that FFS!
Brent get the feck out of my club.

I was in the Torch too.

Best pub atmosphere I've had in ages. Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:40 am

They've just got better players than us, as have Accy, Rovers, Oxford, Northampton, we have a few good enough o get us promoted but not enough. Luggies team would have knocked this lot into next week and it has feck all to do with tactics think about matching them man for man, this lot ain't good enough.
And we miss Brunt, massively and a fit firing Reid (for whatever reason).
We're lucky to have Adams he's performed miracles with that bunch of cloggers.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 1:05 am

Got home at 1140pm (Falmouth) after a long day. All I can say is that we were woeful today. Our fans were fantastic and deserve better than that.
Goodnight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 3:41 am

As I came out of Baker St Tube the noise from the Argyle fans in the Globe was fantastic. The atmosphere in the Volunteer was great (as was the cabal meet). Even the banter on the tube to the ground was great.

And then PAFC ruined it with a clueless performance. At 1-0 there was only one team who was going to score and it wasn't us.

I honestly think we are fecked for next season AND I doubt we will ever take those sort of numbers to Wembley again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 10:01 am

Why should 35,000 people drag their arses to Wembley for an owner that won't commit the resources to the manager that those fans provide him with?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 10:42 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
Why should 35,000 people drag their arses to Wembley for an owner that won't commit the resources to the manager that those fans provide him with?

Because his Jamboys with their bucket rattling, Avivafesting, better fan than you GOS photoshoots is the place to be.

The reluctant one sure knows how to play the seaside yokels...............Geddon James !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 11:52 am

Amsterdamage wrote:

It's a fair question.

Ended up in The Volunteer and The Torch. Went back to the latter, then the former after the game. Good day of drinking and catching up with mates, spoilt only by the football.

Plus ca change, Argyle.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:00 pm

I really don't know why, but I watched the highlights on C5 last night - a form of self abuse I suppose. We were as bad as I thought when I saw it live, but there was a different camera angle to the shout for a penalty when Tanner went down late on.

Watching live I didn't think it was but seeing it again last night the defender had him around the neck and pulled him back. I've seen them given as they say.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 1:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the captain wasnt wearing the stripes he helped force on argyle in recent years/ so its his fault we lost
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:37 pm

Angry wrote:

the captain wasnt wearing the stripes he helped force on argyle in recent years/ so its his fault we lost
he blamed my suit Handbags
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 7:15 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:

he blamed my suit Handbags

its because you stole his trademark bbc1 in that photo of you wearing the weed suit Thumbs Thumbs Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wembley match day thread   Wembley match day thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wembley match day thread
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9