green_genie
argyl3
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:28 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I don't think Sheridan will be here next season. But one thing is for sure he deserves a lot more respect and thanks for what he's done .....
Yep - whatever happens he has got us from one foot in the Conference to both feet in the play-offs. He has some weak areas but then don't we all. If he goes I for one will say 'thankyou and a shame it didn't quite work''
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:47 pm

tigertony wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I don't think Sheridan will be here next season. But one thing is for sure he deserves a lot more respect and thanks for what he's done .....
Yep - whatever happens he has got us from one foot in the Conference to both feet in the play-offs. He has some weak areas but then don't we all. If he goes I for one will say 'thankyou and a shame it didn't quite work''

Agree Tigger, what a fickle bunch Sherry saved you lot..
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:00 pm

I think Sheridan has a lot of parallels with ATD.

He doesn't suffer fools.

He doesn't give a toss if he's not the most popular kid on the block.

Looked upon with contempt from club Presidents and Superfans.

Generally has a 'two fingers' attitude to critics.

Probably why I still quite like the fella. flower

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 2:16 am

I am getting old and my memory may not be as sharp as it used to be but is this the Brunt who, when signed for 18 months, led to immense flak from fans about a ''non-league player''. Is this the Banton who got constant flak all season for being a lazy git on the pitch.

Sometimes the combination of manager + players + board + fans really pays off. Luggy Mk 1 and Holloway are examples. Other times it just doesn't gel. Luggy Mk 2 is prime but also Bobby W and Ken Brown. As for JS? If he goes it will be because he feels he has done what he can. Lets see.

Finally - John Harbin. He was brought in as Mr Motivator and able to get the players to the 'edge' and beyond their comfort zone. Really? Taxi please.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 6:31 am

Sheridan has always needed results to make him unsackable. Czarcasm is right, he is not liked within the club.......and guess what....Sheridan doesn't give a shiny shite.

The amount of vitriol I heard on Thursday with regards to Sheridan was almost solely due to him being northern, grumpy and not being a "fans manager" whatever that is.

He certainly does not have many friends and yet his key allie may in the end be Brent's dislike of sacking managers combined with his desire not to give away money in compensation.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:42 am

Czarcasm wrote:

He doesn't suffer fools.

Probably why I still quite like the fella.  flower

Interesting analogy to say the least.

I don't like him because he's tactically useless and too stubborn but agree some of the personal attacks made from Argyle fans in general have been way over the top.

I don't want him as our manager but I'm not going to take it personally and try and ransack the bloke or play him off as some sort of dimwitted, non-passionate and alcoholic type that some have tried to lambaste him of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:57 am

Lets not just have pops at sheridan... Lets not forget the players too. Brent is covered already elsewhere
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:39 am

Looks like JS is staying ?.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:12 am

VillageGreen wrote:

If he isn't there'll be an announcement made today or tomorrow, if not there'll be an interview with him on the site on Monday, right?

He said he would decide his future soon on Thursday, so I'd be expecting an announcement one way or another very soon.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:38 am

Give me Sheridan over Wotton (as manager) any day.

Hope he's learned the lessons from last season, though.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:54 am

Paven wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

If he isn't there'll be an announcement made today or tomorrow, if not there'll be an interview with him on the site on Monday, right?

He said he would decide his future soon on Thursday, so I'd be expecting an announcement one way or another very soon.

I think Monday would be the day that he resigned [should he, i hope he does] and that would be after consulting with his family.

If he is to stay [  :Zzzzzzz: ] then he has got to crack on and rebuild the team. There are plenty of players out there who have just been released from clubs and there may be a gem or two among them. The pressure will be on JS from the off and that pressure will increase as the season goes on.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:13 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:

Absolutely!! Fans on the farm are saying ''Wotts and Cusack have A licences blah blah ...'' and what? I've got a driving licence but I ain't no formula 1 driver. Wotts as manager? No thanks. We need someone who lives locally and knows the lower leagues. How about Neil W. I would have said Bruce Rioch (Falmouth) but he's been out of mainstream too long. Met him a few months back - nice guy but he hates all the money floating around the top of footy and prefers coaching kids now.
We'll see.

How about Freathy as manager laugh
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:30 pm

Paven wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

He doesn't suffer fools.

Probably why I still quite like the fella.  flower

Interesting analogy to say the least.

I don't like him because he's tactically useless and too stubborn but agree some of the personal attacks made from Argyle fans in general have been way over the top.

I don't want him as our manager but I'm not going to take it personally and try and ransack the bloke or play him off as some sort of dimwitted, non-passionate and alcoholic type that some have tried to lambaste him of.

cheers lol! lol
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:31 pm

I do think we're limiting ourselves unnecessarily with the demand for a 'local' manager. Should we be demanding that of the players too? I don't know for sure, but I'd be surprised if more than half of them lived anywhere near Home Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:34 pm

tigertony wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

Absolutely!! Fans on the farm are saying ''Wotts and Cusack have A licences blah blah ...'' and what? I've got a driving licence but I ain't no formula 1 driver. Wotts as manager? No thanks. We need someone who lives locally and knows the lower leagues. How about Neil W. I would have said Bruce Rioch (Falmouth) but he's been out of mainstream too long. Met him a few months back - nice guy but he hates all the money floating around the top of footy and prefers coaching kids now.
We'll see.

How about Freathy as manager laugh

who is cusack?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:51 pm

I think the release of banton may indicate that "I hate wingers" shezza might be staying. It is concerning tgat we have np wide players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:59 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I think the release of banton may indicate that "I hate wingers" shezza might be staying. It is concerning tgat we have np wide players.

Who knows he may find a creative attacking midfielder and two wing backs who can cross a ball in the summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 1:44 pm

Shez isn't going anywhere. If we had finished tenth then he would be gone already IMO but he said he'd get us in the playoffs, he's achieved the target set by him and I guess the board.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 1:45 pm

If Sheridan is staying then fair enough, I hope Brent realises that he'll have to seriously seriously cough up some dough to back him if we're actually going to get promoted from this division. Sheridan started both our previous season's with more traditional wide formations of 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. I hope he can actually acquire some proper wingers, not central attackers pushed out wide (Boco, Morgan, Alessandra, Banton, Obadeyi...). He had one in Nathan Thomas, but he didn't like him so hey-ho. Obviously there's the midfield issue too. He's got a summer to replace Hourihane now, no excuses this time - what the feck was the point in signing Norburn?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Sell Hourihane for feck all, use half to pay off some debts and Norburn is all you can afford. You and others convinced yourselves that we had scored "good players at this level" at the time, myself and others warned you at the time what the result of this would be. If Shez is given funds we will go up, if we carry on like last year don't be surprised if the "talented team" struggles.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 2:35 pm

Think its time we all realised there are no funds. Brent has no money, we are well and truly fooked.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 3:57 pm

Iggy wrote:
Sell Hourihane for feck all, use half to pay off some debts and Norburn is all you can afford. You and others convinced yourselves that we had scored "good players at this level" at the time, myself and others warned you at the time what the result of this would be. If Shez is given funds we will go up, if we carry on like last year don't be surprised if the "talented team" struggles.

Go have a read back through some threads you condescending twit. At the time I was one of the vocal few in utter dismay at the sale of Hourihane - I've never said otherwise, and I never rated Norburn. Get your facts right before trying to play yourself up as a smart arse.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 5:34 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Go have a read back through some threads you condescending twit. At the time I was one of the vocal few in utter dismay at the sale of Hourihane - I've never said otherwise, and I never rated Norburn. Get your facts right before trying to play yourself up as a smart arse.

XENOPHOBE! red card
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 5:59 pm

Nah mate, I'm a zenophobe - scared of meditation init.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 8:29 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Sheridan has always needed results to make him unsackable. Czarcasm is right, he is not liked within the club.......and guess what....Sheridan doesn't give a shiny shite.

The amount of vitriol I heard on Thursday with regards to Sheridan was almost solely due to him being northern, grumpy and not being a "fans manager" whatever that is.

He certainly does not have many friends and yet his key allie may in the end be Brent's dislike of sacking managers combined with his desire not to give away money in compensation.

The really astonishing thing about supporters having a grievance about Sheridan being a Northerner is that, without exception, every promotion winning Argyle manager has originated from north of Birmingham. laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next