sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
green_genie
argyl3
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:57 pm

Something needs to change and with pragmatism in mind, that won't be Brent walking away...so, I hope Sheridan quits. Whether or not he has more in him as a manager, I don't believe it is with PAFC.

Walk away having taken us from relegation fodder to also-rans. Let someone else have a go (not Wotton). Perhaps Sheridan might be a better fit elsewhere - just don't think he'll cut it at Home Park.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:00 am

Sheridan will be offered half his years notice to go.
Half side on loan and a few deals expiring.
Nxt manager a cheap one, hodges lee or wotton is my guess.
Conference in 12 mths time
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:05 am

Mr. President Angry wrote:
The next manager needs to be better tactically than sheridan is thats a given and more so can develop players, can spot a gem, motivate and coach too.

We must not rush into replacing sheridan should he go. We must find the right man and back him with funds to build a competitve SQUAD not just a team and be able to push us on to seal promotion next season either as champions or automatics. If the new man wants his own coaching team then that must be accomodated too.

If Sheridan goes i wont be that please to see him go. I think he has done a great job turning us from a shower of shite that fletcher created and turn us into a football team that can go up with the right investments.

His undoing is he simply cant develop back up plans if his masterone fails, relies too much on his prefered 11 being fit and backing them up with short term loans and upsetting certain fans with his actions.

however we need to move on and i think he has taken us as far as he can. its time for someone else to push us on.

Way too much emphasis on spotting and developing players. Sheridan helped develop Houriane a treat, how did that work out?

Sick and tired of blaming managers.

We don't need to move on, the feckin owner does!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:14 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Mr. President Angry wrote:
The next manager needs to be better tactically than sheridan is thats a given and more so can develop players, can spot a gem, motivate and coach too.

We must not rush into replacing sheridan should he go. We must find the right man and back him with funds to build a competitve SQUAD not just a team and be able to push us on to seal promotion next season either as champions or automatics. If the new man wants his own coaching team then that must be accomodated too.

If Sheridan goes i wont be that please to see him go. I think he has done a great job turning us from a shower of shite that fletcher created and turn us into a football team that can go up with the right investments.

His undoing is he simply cant develop back up plans if his masterone fails, relies too much on his prefered 11 being fit and backing them up with short term loans and upsetting certain fans with his actions.

however we need to move on and i think he has taken us as far as he can. its time for someone else to push us on.

Way too much emphasis on spotting and developing players.  Sheridan helped develop Houriane a treat, how did that work out?

Sick and tired of blaming managers.

We don't need to move on, the feckin owner does!

Find and develop because he isnt going to get the money to buy theit way out of this league.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:25 am

That's why the manager has become too reliant on the little 'experience' he does have.

The fans demanded so he delivered, there wasn't enough room (for want of a better word) to gamble on bringing youngsters through.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:58 am

Elias wrote:
Sheridan will be offered half his years notice to go.
Half side on loan and a few deals expiring.
Nxt manager a cheap one, hodges lee or wotton is my guess.
Conference in 12 mths time
That is a concern! We need to be careful what we wish for.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:29 am

I've got no problem with Sheridan's signings. It's his lack of a plan B that cost us this season. The spine of McCormick, Hartley/McHugh, O'Connor and Reid was among the strongest in the League, and really should have got us higher than 7th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:39 am

Brent has been ready to pull the plug on Sheridan twice this season - I think the first time was in January and the second time in March (both during bad runs). Wotton was going to take over with Luggy as his mentor. Obviously Luggy won't be coming back now but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Wotton/Warnock partnership taking over in the summer.

Shez has been a dead man walking for a long time now. The fact that the club has allowed a club official to run a parody twitter account portraying him as a drunken womaniser tells you all you need to know about the "support" he has had.

That doesn't excuse last night though. Sheridan could have put himself in the shop window for another job and he blew it.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:40 am

There is an former manager who is currently unemployed.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:54 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

True enough but the Ciderman is 82 now, maybe not quite up to the task these days.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:56 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

Bobby Williamson?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:58 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

dane wouldnt be interested.

an put holloway out of your mind he would never come back here not after the way he was treated after he left by some fans and that idiot staplewallet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:59 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Unfinished business.

Nobody forced Sheridan to pick a predictable, plodding side last night in our biggest game in years. He isn't up to it. Next!
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:00 am

Lee Hodges had success at Truro and would be cheap enough.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:01 am

Shez wrote:
I’m not thinking about it, but the club wants to obviously go forward and be successful, and whether I’m the right man, I don’t know. 

You're not. Bye bye. No excuses for that first half, the players who could win that game were left on the bench. Run Reuben into the ground, failing to rest him when it was needed and thus he was out of steam when we needed him - Brunty showed he could step in and do a job, Reid should have been rested months ago, especially when it wasn't working for him week in week out. Banton and Ansah earned themselves a starting spot on Saturday and 5-3-2 was a proven failure. But no, Johnny smart arse obviously saw something we all didn't - it was Gethin Jones' start that lead to us being 3 nil down the other day and of course Blizzard would step in and raise us from a 3 nil down performance that couldn't muster a shot on target into a side destined for Wembley... Oh wait. *Face-feckin-palm*. Same formation, practically the same 11 and pretty much a repeat performance and scoreline. feckin pathetic. Yes, Brent is a shit head owner and we need someone who can deliver funds to all but guarantee us a route out of this feckin division and actually build a new grandstand ffs, but Sheridan had the squad to beat Wycombe - but his stubbornness saw us fail. No excuses, Sheridan OUT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:09 am

I'd take Holloway back in a heartbeat. He had us believing and had players that were passionate about the club.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:17 am

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Shez wrote:
I’m not thinking about it, but the club wants to obviously go forward and be successful, and whether I’m the right man, I don’t know. 

You're not. Bye bye. No excuses for that first half, the players who could win that game were left on the bench. Run Reuben into the ground, failing to rest him when it was needed and thus he was out of steam when we needed him - Brunty showed he could step in and do a job, Reid should have been rested months ago, especially when it wasn't working for him week in week out. Banton and Ansah earned themselves a starting spot on Saturday and 5-3-2 was a proven failure. But no, Johnny smart arse obviously saw something we all didn't - it was Gethin Jones' start that lead to us being 3 nil down the other day and of course Blizzard would step in and raise us from a 3 nil down performance that couldn't muster a shot on target into a side destined for Wembley... Oh wait. *Face-feckin-palm*. Same formation, practically the same 11 and pretty much a repeat performance and scoreline. feckin pathetic. Yes, Brent is a shit head owner and we need someone who can deliver funds to all but guarantee us a route out of this feckin division and actually build a new grandstand ffs, but Sheridan had the squad to beat Wycombe - but his stubbornness saw us fail. No excuses, Sheridan OUT.

Really? I thought it was the inability to defend set pieces which led to that. Presumably you're saying that Jones should have been responsible for marking all of the Wycombe players who were involved in the delivery and execution of the corners and free kicks that resulted in the goals-if so, you've certainly got lofty expectations of the bloke. Strangely he wasn't in the team last night and Argyle still conceded two from set plays, so maybe a bit of rethinking need to be done on that point. For sure the selection probably wasn't right over the two legs but far more important was the fact that the much vaunted "best keeper in the league" and "best centre backs in the division" forgot how to defend and conceded five goals which was never going to be overcome by a team with Argyle's strictly limited firepower.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:22 am

Outdone on set pieces two games in a row.

But Wycombe were better than us. Their team is better than ours. Undeniable imho.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:24 am

Five goals from set pieces says it all Skinny.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:27 am

Greenskin wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Shez wrote:

Really? I thought it was the inability to defend set pieces which led to that. Presumably you're saying that Jones should have been responsible for marking all of the Wycombe players who were involved in the delivery and execution of the corners and free kicks that resulted in the goals-if so, you've certainly got lofty expectations of the bloke. Strangely he wasn't in the team last night and Argyle still conceded two from set plays, so maybe a bit of rethinking need to be done on that point. For sure the selection probably wasn't right over the two legs but far more important was the fact that the much vaunted "best keeper in the league" and "best centre backs in the division" forgot how to defend and conceded five goals which was never going to be overcome by a team with Argyle's strictly limited firepower.

Did I really need to put this  sarcasm emoticon? I was talking of Sheridan's mindset, trying to understand his mentality behind the single change - Jones out and Blizzard in and our great gaffer thought that would be the big change from going 3 nil down in leg one to winning leg two? Not my opinion GS, I wouldn't have started either Jones or Blizzard - I think they're both shite. I'd have continued the momentum, the 11 that finished the first leg. Hindsight certainly helps the argument for the latter 11, 75 odd minutes and they won 3 nil, whereas the first 11 had 105 minutes and lost 5 nil - not managing a single shot on feckin target.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:31 am

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Shez wrote:

Complete bollocks. A typical knee jerk, unthinking reaction.

Reid and Alessandra have scored 33 goals between them, one of the most potent strike forces in the League. Banton and Ansah played for half an hour, scored a goal each and suddenly they should be in the starting XI for one of the most important games in our recent history? Do me a favour. I know your prejudices against Sheridan blind you to reality, but in both games we were defensively awful. Luke had two of his worst games and Hartley and McHugh were all over the place, pushed around by a very average Wycombe front 2. We were woeful in midfield, we didn't get any sort of ball to Reid in either game.

Only when the game was gone did we push forward, mainly because Wycombe started to sit back and invite pressure on. Banton, Ansah and Brunt did well when they came on, but Sheridan was right to start with them on the bench, and right to bring them on when he did.

It was typical of Argyle's season. Some of it has been excellent, some of it crap. The starting team last night could be anyone in that league - or lose to anyone. The players let Sheridan down last night - they weren't good enough when it mattered - and please don't spout this crap that the manager signs the players. When they cross the white line it's totally down to them.

I don't think Sheridan will be here next season. But one thing is for sure he deserves a lot more respect and thanks for what he's done than people like you who know very little about the game, will ever be prepared to give him.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:48 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Shez wrote:

Complete bollocks. A typical knee jerk, unthinking reaction.

Reid and Alessandra have scored 33 goals between them, one of the most potent strike forces in the League. Banton and Ansah played for half an hour, scored a goal each and suddenly they should be in the starting XI for one of the most important games in our recent history? Do me a favour. I know your prejudices against Sheridan blind you to reality, but in both games we were defensively awful. Luke had two of his worst games and Hartley and McHugh were all over the place, pushed around by a very average Wycombe front 2. We were woeful in midfield, we didn't get any sort of ball to Reid in either game.

Only when the game was gone did we push forward, mainly because Wycombe started to sit back and invite pressure on. Banton, Ansah and Brunt did well when they came on, but Sheridan was right to start with them on the bench, and right to bring them on when he did.

It was typical of Argyle's season. Some of it has been excellent, some of it crap. The starting team last night could be anyone in that league - or lose to anyone. The players let Sheridan down last night - they weren't good enough when it mattered - and please don't spout this crap that the manager signs the players. When they cross the white line it's totally down to them.

I don't think Sheridan will be here next season. But one thing is for sure he deserves a lot more respect and thanks for what he's done than people like you who know very little about the game, will ever be prepared to give him.

Our 5-3-2 was bossed by Wycombe, they knew how to pin us back and put the pressure on us. Reuben ISN'T fit. I love Reuben Reid, like seriously I think he's the dogs feckin bollocks, but he's NOT fit. And he's not been effective since Exeter away. He should have been rested a LONG time ago. Brunt has showed that he can come in and do a job, Sheridan should have put more faith in his squad and less desperation in running Reid into the ground. That way we may have had a Reuben Reid that could terrorise Wycombe rather than struggle with a whimper. 

Our system failed against Wycombe in the first half, yes the set piece defending was dire - but the system invited pressure and made us nervous - we had no outlet and we created the grand total of feck all to ease the pressure. Switching to 4-4-2 we had a bit about us, it encouraged us to get the ball on the deck and play a little rather than HOOF from Hartley into the hands of Lynch after Lewi fails to read the flight of the desperate route one attempt.

After 4-4-2 had got us back into the game and gave us some momentum, reverting to 5-3-2 was cowardice and invited the pressure upon us that had torn us apart in the first leg. We made it far too easy for Wycombe. I truly believe that 4-4-2 would have won us the game and we'd be booking tickets to Wembley. Sheridan has to take responsibility for last night's failure.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:09 am

Sheridan won't be sacked by the non developing property developer, Sheridan ballsed up big time yesterday and is admitting it today, he will leave if he gets another job in the North.
The challenge is to build a team with the best players (assuming of course we can keep them) and use 7th place as a stepping stone to promotion next season.
The fanbase will remain angry for sometime no doubt, for me I would still support Sheridan in the short term - his biggest faliure for me is not achieving automatic promotion, because there was potential in the squad to do that. Basketball Sad
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:10 am

Earlier in the season Sheridan was telling his players to stop talking to the press. Lo and behold it worked. They went on a great run of results.

Over the last few weeks they've been at it again. Saying how good they are and how many clean sheets they've got and how good Luke is.

Well if that's good then I'd hate to see them when their bad.

It struck me watching on TV last night how much more passion and desire the three other teams displayed. Not only the teams but the managers.

Sheridan has to go. His defensive minded team were never good enough and what's frustrating is that when he threw caution to the wind in the later stages of both matches, they looked dangerous.

Seems that Mr Salman was right all along.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:22 am

Dont forget wycombe finished in front of us by a long way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next