Les Miserable
green_genie
argyl3
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
hippo

Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:15 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Think its time we all realised there are no funds. Brent has no money, we are well and truly fooked.

This.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:20 pm

hippo wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Think its time we all realised there are no funds.  Brent has no money, we are well and truly fooked.

This.

Aye which begs the important question why isnt the club up for sale yet? do the super duper fans not see what is coming if brent hangs about any longer?
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:31 pm

Why should the super fans worry, Santiago stays, we end up lower div 4 or upper conference. The small fish continue thinking they're big fish in a little fish pond, year after year. Santiago gets his new compostella (nanostand) and the worship continues with the bottom feeders Sad
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:39 pm

hippo wrote:
Why should the super fans worry, Santiago stays, we end up lower div 4 or upper conference.  The small fish continue thinking they're big fish in a little fish pond, year after year.  Santiago gets his new compostella (nanostand) and the worship continues with the bottom feeders Sad
In a few years time after more Brent failures under different managers, we will look back on finishing seventh in the fourth division as a glorious triumph!! The only argyle related success story will be Pasoti under the much loved Great Leader reaching ten million members.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:46 pm

The great leader etc can make of it what they want. they are legion. I want my club to do better. I just can't see it happening in its present state.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:53 pm

hippo wrote:
The great leader etc can make of it what they want.  they are legion.  I want my club to do better.  I just can't see it happening in its present state.  

Like has been said, Brents got no real money in football terms the rest of his talented Board are the same, all thats left after that is the Bucket rattling superfans! without a new owner the club is in terminal decline.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:02 pm

And there lies a potential problem. I don't feel that anyone can critisise bucket rattling only the cause of such an action.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:28 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
hippo wrote:
The great leader etc can make of it what they want.  they are legion.  I want my club to do better.  I just can't see it happening in its present state.  

Like has been said, Brents got no real money in football terms the rest of his talented Board are the same, all thats left after that is the Bucket rattling superfans! without a new owner the club is in terminal decline.

And if or when we go into admin again we will die as we have nothing in terms of assets. and with the carpark still marked for a clusterfuck of brents i cant see any potential bidders rushing in then. Plus after the way webb lead trust ran that gorilla campaign running off over potential bidders to clear the path for brent i wouldnt blame them for not coming back in.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:44 pm

That is our problem. I don't kow how we can move on (wards and upwards) in our present state.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:53 pm

I think I'm right in saying we've had four top-six finishes in all divisions since 1990. None for eleven years.

Doesn't show any signs of changing.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:57 pm

it doesn't does it Sad
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySun May 17, 2015 12:33 pm

Mr. President Angry wrote:
hippo wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Think its time we all realised there are no funds.  Brent has no money, we are well and truly fooked.

This.

Aye which begs the important question why isnt the club up for sale yet? do the super duper fans not see what is coming if brent hangs about any longer?

The club is up for sale, but not at a realistic price, and has been for ages.

Appearing too keen to sell would lower his bargaining power so he isn't publicly begging for a buyer but that don't mean he ain't been asked for, and has then given, a price.

For a transaction to take place seller and buyer need to agree on that price. And they do not.

The club would probably change hands tomorrow if Brent's price was right realistic.

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Sun May 17, 2015 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySun May 17, 2015 12:38 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:
Sheridan has always needed results to make him unsackable. Czarcasm is right, he is not liked within the club.......and guess what....Sheridan doesn't give a shiny shite.

The amount of vitriol I heard on Thursday with regards to Sheridan was almost solely due to him being northern, grumpy and not being a "fans manager" whatever that is.

He certainly does not have many friends and yet his key allie may in the end be Brent's dislike of sacking managers combined with his desire not to give away money in compensation.

The really astonishing thing about supporters having a grievance about Sheridan being a Northerner is that, without exception, every promotion winning Argyle manager has originated from north of Birmingham. laugh

Really?

Amazing.

Great stat, that. Love it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptySun May 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:
Sheridan has always needed results to make him unsackable. Czarcasm is right, he is not liked within the club.......and guess what....Sheridan doesn't give a shiny shite.

The amount of vitriol I heard on Thursday with regards to Sheridan was almost solely due to him being northern, grumpy and not being a "fans manager" whatever that is.

He certainly does not have many friends and yet his key allie may in the end be Brent's dislike of sacking managers combined with his desire not to give away money in compensation.

The really astonishing thing about supporters having a grievance about Sheridan being a Northerner is that, without exception, every promotion winning Argyle manager has originated from north of Birmingham. laugh

Really?

Amazing.

Great stat, that. Love it.

Bob Jack-Scottish
Jimmy Rae-Scottish
Jack Rowley-Wolverhampton
Tony Waiters-Lancashire
Dave Smith-Scottish
Neil Warnock-Yorkshire
Paul Sturrock-Scottish

Four out of seven were from Scotland-bring back Bobby! Smile Wonder why Argyle's management has been so heavily biased towards Northeners/extreme Northerners? There have also been several non promotion winning managers who heralded from those parts-Sheridan, Reid, Moncur, Saxton, Stuttard, Mariner. The only partially successful southerner was Malcolm Allison and he didn't last long,although I suppose you could put Holloway and Pulis in the same category to a degree- Ufton,Kelly,Brown,Fletcher were all pretty much non achievers. Intriguing when you think about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 7:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Argyle are waiting to hear John's Intentions still.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 7:22 pm

No, the Herald are still waiting to hear John's intentions.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 7:10 am

If only the 'Erald had it's own high profile, within the club anyway, columnist who could find out.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 7:30 am

I would love to see the look of disdain on Sheridan's face if Webb bounced up to him to ask him his intentions. No wonder he carries a hang dog look on him all the time. Imagine coming into work to find Brent who looks like one of those people clapping out of time at a Dire Straits concert, Safe hands Starnes and the rest of it run by fans on websites and an entertainment complex that would not be out of keeping at a scouts jamboree.

This club is stagnating. Brent has not got any money and would get out, but only on his terms. Starnes is there to keep the ship on Brent's course and the fans are always willing to top up the additional funds whilst glorifying in their role as the most loyal bunch of failures "the world has ever seen".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 8:14 am

Maybe we could have a new column from the prez where he gives his verdict on the season and asks the questions that the rest of the fan base are asking.

Then Shez does a counter one the following week?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 10:39 am

SwimWithTheTide wrote:

I read about that yesterday, so we wait and wait and wait.

If he is to go, please let it be soon, that way Argyle can get someone else in before the season starts.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 11:31 am

VillageGreen wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

I read about that yesterday, so we wait and wait and wait.

If he is to go, please let it be soon, that way Argyle can get someone else in before the season starts.

Well considering he's under contract for next season I think we can assume silence means he's staying, though I guess the possibility remains that he'll just up and walk. But I'm already resigning myself to another season under him and to be honest, while I've been a fairly hefty critic of his I wouldn't be totally against him remaining in charge. Sure, he has his limitation tactically, but we (the fans and Brent) are aware of this. If Brent chooses to keep him on then he needs to understand that in order to alleviate Shez' tactical limitations he's going to have to compensate with additional financial backing to provide Shez with a high quality squad. Do I believe Brent will do that? Not particularly, but any failure next season would lie mostly on his shoulders rather than a defected blame to the gaffer. 

Additionally, football under Sheridan hasn't been *that* bad, in fact for the most part its been pretty feckin good. How many times did we win convincingly at home this season? Southend was a comprehensive 2 nil and additionally there's been a great deal of 3 nils; Exeter, Dagenham, Portsmouth and Cheltenham. The football in those games was excellent. All of those memorable wins however came before Christmas, so its understandable why some short memories may only dwell on the more recent disappointments. The performances post Christmas weren't great, even in matches like the win over Mansfield we were unconvincing and rode our luck - a harsh point because three points is three points regardless, but they were gained more due to the oppositions failings than our own merits. 

But, I do believe Sheridan tries to get us to play the right way - or at least I did, his team selection for the second leg was so negative it made me question my thoughts here. I don't believe he's instructing our players to constantly play it back to Hartley and hoof it up to Reubs. I think he, as a manager, appreciates a fast tempo'd passing game and understands that players like the Reids, Alessandra, Holmes Dennis, Mellor are more effective with the ball down on their toes. So I'm optimistic that we'll go into the new season with more players that aspire to that approach of play, prioritising an attractive style of football rather than desperate lumps. Essentially here's to hoping... cheers

Last edited by SwimWithTheTide on Wed May 20, 2015 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 11:34 am

Excellent post. I think your last two paragraphs just highlight Shez's consistent lack of a plan B.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 11:48 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
I would love to see the look of disdain on Sheridan's face if Webb bounced up to him to ask him his intentions. No wonder he carries a hang dog look on him all the time. Imagine coming into work to find Brent who looks like one of those people clapping out of time at a Dire Straits concert, Safe hands Starnes and the rest of it run by fans on websites and an entertainment complex that would not be out of keeping at a scouts jamboree.

This club is stagnating. Brent has not got any money and would get out, but only on his terms. Starnes is there to keep the ship on Brent's course and the fans are always willing to top up the additional funds whilst glorifying in their role as the most loyal bunch of failures "the world has ever seen".

About the size of it dear boy. Frustratingly village, when it's been obvious from the outset and continues with the trust falling into line.

Pasty, pint and a bucket anyone ?

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed May 20, 2015 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 1:15 pm

Sheridan will probably be job hunting. If he doesn't find one he will stay for another year of mediocrity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 1:34 pm

Can't see us finishing top 3 next season, so it's a playoff season again realistically (if we don't slide off into midtable or lower). I would rather have a better tactical manager in place than the won we saw 'mastermind' those last two games.

I couldn't help but be impressed with Ainsworth and the job he's done whipping that Wycombe team into contenders, would not mind a gaffer like that running our show. The Wycombe team spirit made all the difference, whereas Argyle heads silently hung low after every goal as Sheridan screamed obscenities at them. Couldn't help but notice that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next