green_genie
argyl3
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
argyl3

argyl3

Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) Empty
PostSubject: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:04 pm

Nice attempt sir, but for various reasons not good enough.

If only we got Keith Hill.

So who's next??
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:08 pm

Who's cheapest?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:08 pm

At this precise moment I couldn't give a fcuk.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:12 pm

Pedlar's got all the answers, give him the Gig.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:12 pm

Possibly but if he does go then it wouldn't be advisable for people to jazz their pants until they see who comes next and under what circumstances he will work. It'll be very interesting to revisit the subject in 12 months time and see what tune is being whistled then.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:15 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Possibly but if he does go then it wouldn't be advisable for people to jazz their pants until they see who comes next and under what circumstances he will work. It'll be very interesting to revisit the subject in 12 months time and see what tune is being whistled then.
The longer next season goes on,the better Shez the Miracle worker will look!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:17 pm

The next manager needs to be better tactically than sheridan is thats a given and more so can develop players, can spot a gem, motivate and coach too.

We must not rush into replacing sheridan should he go. We must find the right man and back him with funds to build a competitve SQUAD not just a team and be able to push us on to seal promotion next season either as champions or automatics. If the new man wants his own coaching team then that must be accomodated too.

If Sheridan goes i wont be that please to see him go. I think he has done a great job turning us from a shower of shite that fletcher created and turn us into a football team that can go up with the right investments.

His undoing is he simply cant develop back up plans if his masterone fails, relies too much on his prefered 11 being fit and backing them up with short term loans and upsetting certain fans with his actions.

however we need to move on and i think he has taken us as far as he can. its time for someone else to push us on.

Last edited by Mr. President Angry on Thu May 14, 2015 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ken Adams

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:20 pm

If Shez does go the next guy off the rank will be working under even more constraints than Shez was. Who the feck is going to want to come to a club so divided and poisoned to its core like Argyle...???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:23 pm

Ken Adams wrote:
If Shez does go the next guy off the rank will be working under even more constraints than Shez was. Who the feck is going to want to come to a club so divided and poisoned to its core like Argyle...???

very true Ken, this job would be attractive to many but many will be put off working under Brent i feel. He just isnt going to back them with the right funds needed sadly.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:25 pm

We're hurting. Had both games been rip roaring end to end games and full of passion and we lost 5-4 on aggregate we may not be hurting so much. But for about 130 mins of 180 mins we were sheite. Being sheite at fecking Accy on a cold windy Tuesday evening is one thing but play-off semi's should be passionate, fierce, keenly fought etc .... and we didn't meet that level. JS said ''play-off's minimum'' and he's achieved that but I fear it was achieved because so many other teams were sheite.
Will JB change the manager? No he won't! Will JS walk? He might just move to a club nearer home! He has improved us season by season, albeit with a major snag with consistency, but the 2 play-off games were so disappointing that something needs to be addressed. I would start actually with the coaching staff of Harbin, Wotton, McC and bin the lot. Let JS, if he stays, bring in new staff. See what tomorrow brings.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:26 pm

I was with you Angry until tonight. He totally bottled dropping Reid. Everyone groaned when they were given the team sheet (nice touch by the way for the guys in the marquee).

Their keeper had played over 2 hours of league football before he made a save. That alone is enough to hang Sheridan (figuratively).
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:28 pm

Undecided on the Shez.

I don't think he's a managerial genius, but he's no Kevin Hodges, Paul Mariner either. If he wanted to go I wouldn't begrudge a mutual termination, but if we sacked him I think it would be harsh. If we replace him with Kevin Nancekevill, Paul Wotton or Colin Todd I would be livid that we got rid, if we replace with Keith Hill or someone with proven pedigree from ie Scotland, I'd be pretty happy. I dunno. He seems to have a few decent contacts, so with a summer's backing he might be able to churn out a better squad than this one and we might be able to make a proper push for the automatics next year.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:28 pm

In the car heading home and feeling deflated. Time for JS to bugger off and a new manager put in place.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:30 pm

Just posted this on the other thread, but do people seriously think Brent will sack Shez?

If Shez ain't here much longer it'll be 'cos he's walked.

If I'm wrong I'll eat Paddy Ashdowns hat.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:32 pm

Pie Face?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Just posted this on the other thread, but do people seriously think Brent will sack Shez?
Depends on the terms of the contract.

If it's cheap to sack him, and replace him with a local coach of no pedigree, then maybe.

If he has to pay anything, then not a chance.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:35 pm

I dont like Sheridan one bit and if he walks, then fine - our problems are all at the top and untill that is addressed, as fans we will not be led out of this 4th div nightmare!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:36 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
I was with you Angry until tonight. He totally bottled dropping Reid. Everyone groaned when they were given the team sheet (nice touch by the way for the guys in the marquee).

Their keeper had played over 2 hours of league football before he made a save. That alone is enough to hang Sheridan (figuratively).

how do you mean?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:44 pm

Wtf didn't Shez start with the young lads that did so well to bring us back into the game? I know Shez has had his hands tied re budget but when you have the players on the bench there are no excuses, Argyle with Ried up front post injury is predictable and non productive. As to new managers what Mock said. I would rather Shez than the next one on the list below Sturrock (Wotton).
Feck off Brent and take your Tory government with you.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Sorry Angry I read your previous post (in my haste) as saying that you supported Sheridan. All I was saying was that until tonight I did too but that team selection was a lesson in how to bottle it. I thought he was stronger than that. Apologies if I misread or have misread your post and/or intention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:53 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Sorry Angry I read your previous post (in my haste) as saying that you supported Sheridan. All I was saying was that until tonight I did too but that team selection was a lesson in how to bottle it. I thought he was stronger than that. Apologies if I misread or have misread your post and/or intention.

aHH.. Well i was saying i wont be celebrating when he goes given the job he had done in turning us around after taking over the crap fletcher put together but he has to go now as he isnt going to push us on and its time we got someone in who can.
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:58 pm

On Twitter
Plymouth Argyle FC @Only1Argyle    
Shez: We haven't performed well enough to get out of this division #pafc

Shez: Don't blame the players - I picked the team #pafc

Shez: I'm 100% with the club but I'm very down at the moment and will reflect on things tomorrow #pafc
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:59 pm

A controverisal suggestion perhaps but what about Tisdale for manager?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:05 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
A controverisal suggestion perhaps but what about Tisdale for manager?

I'd make him as our manager tomorrow - underfunded and underated!!
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:17 pm

And by all accounts a feckin great compensation payout. Compensation isn't high on Brent's agenda?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next