green_genie
argyl3
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 4:46 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Sky Sports saying he has left for family reasons.

So the mafia have their way. The bigots and wanabnees on the farm will be dancing in the streets tonight.

Thanks for your efforts at one of the most mismanaged clubs you will probably ever have the misfortune to be associated with.

Agree with that Bhey, Harper the Bigot Xisle Jose Pedlar, will all be getting that extra box of Tissues tonight! Now that the scapecoat has gone what will Brentter deliver ? i think we know the answer to that!
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 4:58 pm

How is it anything to do with pasoti ffs
He wanted to go for family reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

I feel a bit sorry for him but it just wasn't working to anybody's satisfaction, was it?

If 'tis to be done 'tis best done swiftly.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:07 pm

Thanks Shez, you can't polish a turd.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:10 pm

Is Bob Marley available? afro
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Good luck to the bloke and hope he finds a new job quickly. He took over a disaster outfit and turned it around within 2 years to at least being a competitive team in the division on a rather mediocre budget and faced a lot of prejudices and assumptions, typified by some of the rather tawdry shite written on this thread by people who just do not seem to understand anything other than a "back page of the Sun, blame the manager for everything" mentality. Truth is that Argyle are under financed even in this division now and have no better chance of escaping the dross than many of the other clubs operating in it. It will be very interesting to see who the manager will be and also to revisit the situation in 12 months time-got a feeling that some people may well be playing a different song. Either that or still blaming Sheridan for any expectations that may not have been met.

All the best Shez.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:13 pm

i guess ejh hasnt finished his wank to comment yet Wink

someone check xisle and see he isnt too over come
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:17 pm

I go along with Greenskin's sentiments but just add the vacuum that existed where there should have been some sort of relationship with the fans. I can't remember a similar nothingness at the club before. Williamson came closest but people were fairly antagonistic towards him which was, at least, something. With Sheridan there was just a void, or at best a disconnect, right from the off.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:23 pm

I think Fletcher had a similar void (not just between his ears) but with the fans too. I think some managers are 'shy' with the media and just don't come across well. Sheridan seemed dour/ miserable but a lot that met him said he was a humorous character.

I also note that the Club President (THEChris Webb) has retired the @johnshez1 twitter account.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:25 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Good luck to the bloke and hope he finds a new job quickly. He took over a disaster outfit and turned it around within 2 years to at least being a competitive team in the division on a rather mediocre budget and faced a lot of prejudices and assumptions, typified by some of the rather tawdry shite written on this thread by people who just do not seem to understand anything other than a "back page of the Sun, blame the manager for everything" mentality. Truth is that Argyle are under financed even in this division now and have no better chance of escaping the dross than many of the other clubs operating in it. It will be very interesting to see who the manager will be and also to revisit the situation in 12 months time-got a feeling that some people may well be playing a different song. Either that or still blaming Sheridan for any expectations that may not have been met.

All the best Shez.

i echo this.

It will dawn on the brent luvvies soon enough that Sheridan wasnt as bad as all that.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:25 pm

It's never a nice feeling when a manager leaves your club no matter what the circumstances, those who gloat are shortsighted imo. We've seen definite improvement under Sheridan and with budget restrictions in place and constant sniping from certain quarters it can't have been easy for him, I thank him for his efforts and wish him success in the future. Has the glorious leader got a suitable replacement in mind I wonder ?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:39 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
It's never a nice feeling when a manager leaves your club no matter what the circumstances, those who gloat are shortsighted imo. We've seen definite improvement under Sheridan and with budget restrictions in place and constant sniping from certain quarters it can't have been easy for him, I thank him for his efforts and wish him success in the future. Has the glorious leader got a suitable replacement in mind I wonder ?

I will second that.

Argyle must now get a manager who wants to be here and wants success for himself, the the team and the club.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:42 pm

He was as good as he was bad. I didn't need him massaging my ego or stoking my football fire with passionate utterings in his press conferences. I didn't need him to connect with me. My worry is that this season playoff outing will be as good as it gets for a while. What bright young thing is going to be willing to throw their hat in with our lot of a club.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Paul Wotton mark my words lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:49 pm

i hope whoever gets the role can work miracles in the transfer market and keep the likes of Nelson, Reid, Hartley and McHugh here aswell as Alessandra and O'Connor signing their contracts..

Doubt it will happen though.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:51 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Paul Wotton mark my words lol
Hope not. FFS
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:56 pm

If Sheridan had got us promoted....would he have stayed ?????
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:00 pm

Family reasons? More like next season's 'budget' reasons. He'll be back at a proper club before pre-season.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:00 pm

Angry wrote:
i guess ejh hasnt finished his wank to comment yet Wink

someone check xisle and see he isnt too over come

Strange comment.

I have made clear my opinion for a while that Sheridan hasn't been getting the best out of the players. Tactically he doesn't have answers once opponents have sussed how to nullify the 3-5-2.

The playoff tie was the cup final and all of Sheridan's deficiencies were glaring. Picking his favourite players, not the form players (or the right players). Sticking with 3-5-2 when it wasn't working and not changing it until too late. And not having the players 'up' for one of the biggest games of their careers.

That is my opinion as a fan who pays money for tickets and travels to watch the team. I really don't understand why some of you are so vitriolic about a fan's opinion of a manager, or in this case many fans' opinions.

You blame a Pasoti conspiracy to get rid of him. What evidence is there of this? If you didn't think/know Newell and Webb didn't like Sheridan, you might actually form your own opinion of his credentials as a manager instead of being led along by the Pasoti/ATD punch and judy show.

I have thought Argyle could do better than JS for a while, and the onus is now on JB not to penny pinch but to find the right man to get us out of this league. I think the decision for JS to move on is the correct one for both parties - seeing as he so dearly misses the north as he has just admitted (pasoti fact indeed).

Good luck to Sheridan and good luck to the man coming in.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:05 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

All the best Shez.

i echo this.

It will dawn on the brent luvvies soon enough that Sheridan wasnt as bad as all that.

Yep - I'm in the same camp. JB says

"John has made a significant contribution to the Pilgrims' cause, for which we will always be very grateful.
"Under his management, Argyle were brought back from the brink of relegation out of the Football League and were subsequently transformed into League Two promotion contenders."

Funny thing is though had he delivered promotion then fans would forget his personality. So ''good luck Shez and thanks''

We can forget comments from fans like ''who would want to come here anyway ...'' because probably even now JBs or Martin Starnes inbox will be filling up.
Please please please not Wottsy or McC or Hodges or Burnett or Branston.
I know - how about Darren Purse laugh

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:47 pm

Greenskin wrote:

All the best Shez.

I'm with you 100% on this, frankly I didn't care where he lived or if he hated the press as long as he was getting the results, which arguably he improved on each season, while he was the manager he had my support or else what is the point of "supporters"
However I do think there was a motivation/communication issue between him and the players as I could never understand these "Jekyll and Hyde" performances.
Anyway good luck to him and even better luck to our next manager and despite what some doom mongers believe, there'll be a shed load of applications for this job.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Good luck Sheridan.

We really need to get a shift on with finding his successor. Now is the time to be lining up signings - every delay will cost us points. We reallyddon't want to rely on loans again next season.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 10:36 pm

Sorry to see him go. We worked under difficult conditions and did as well as he could.

Good luck JS in all you do in the future. Just not against Argyle!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 10:50 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
We really don't want to rely on loans again next season.

Are there not new rules coming in regarding loans this coming season ?, aimed at curbing this reliance on loans by lower league clubs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 6:24 am

Chemical Ali wrote:

I also note that the Club President (THEChris Webb) has retired the @johnshez1 twitter account.

What? You can't mean that the club president was behind a twitter parody account that labelled our former manager as a drunken womaniser?

That is almost like harassment. How would Shez's family feel if they read it? I imagine that they would need a case manager.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)   Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bye bye Sheridan (Confirmed)
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next