Cornish Chris
Flat_Track_Bully
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:00 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
Quick question, why have the BNP had such a dramatic fall recently?

I know - they've all joined UKIP. Smile

Careful you lefty wanktwatter, or something like that?!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Josh Pope wrote:

They're invisable if thats the case.....so much scaremongering is a sign of the status-quo being threatened.....the cobwebs of the past being swept away......Farage might not be everyones cup of tea (or pint of beer) but he isn't scared to say it has he sees it......and no other party would dare do that because they're only career politicians and they do it for the power only....and how dare those that vote them in expect any sympathy from them....and certainly not any truth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:13 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

thats greensam

josh is just a quitter like most of the lib dem supporters after their awful record in government.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Garage is an ex Tory party activist, public school educated and worked as a stock broker for most of his life
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:36 pm

Angry wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

thats greensam

josh is just a quitter like most of the lib dem supporters after their awful record in government.

When did Josh quit the Lib Dems?

(May have read that wrong).
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 11:33 pm

zyph wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

They're invisable if thats the case.....so much scaremongering is a sign of the status-quo being threatened.....the cobwebs of the past being swept away......Farage might not be everyones cup of tea (or pint of beer) but he isn't scared to say it has he sees it......and no other party would dare do that because they're only career politicians and they do it for the power only....and how dare those that vote them in expect any sympathy from them....and certainly not any truth.

Zyph, this line that Farage "ain't afraid to stand up for what he believes in line unlike the rest of them" is really grating. It makes no sense. Essentially the argument seems to be that because other politicians aren't standing up with the same views as he has that they're just lying. Ever considered that they just don't have the same views and that they might just be saying what they genuinely believe? I know I don't think many, if any, are truly being honest in their beliefs and Farage is no exception - just as slimy as the rest of them.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:13 am

I'll have a wager with you now Swimmy. Labour will do a deal with the SNP if it means Ed Milliband for prime minister. He says no now but in reality he knows he will need the SNP.
If it happens then the SNP will have wiped out Labour in Scotland only to support Labour in England.
The slime balls are just made for each other.
Do you want a bet?

Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:24 am

gasser9 wrote:
I'll have a wager with you now Swimmy. Labour will do a deal with the SNP if it means Ed Milliband for prime minister. He says no now but in reality he knows he will need the SNP.
If it happens then the SNP will have wiped out Labour in Scotland only to support Labour in England.
Do you want a bet?

What's your point Gasser? Everyone is aware that deals are going to have to be made and the sensible money is on a Labour-SNP coalition. The SNP in Scotland seem to have just plugged a gap left by Labour as they pandered to Tory voters rather than representing themselves truthfully. I don't see why a coalition agreement would make them slime balls?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:49 am

gasser9 wrote:
Do you want a bet?

I'm sure you'll be outraged that David Cameron is encouraging Scottish Voters to vote SNP then. The leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party pushing to end the union is pretty slimy too don't you think. This after needlessly handing them the chance to leave the UK in the first place.

Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:03 am

Yeah, I keep hearing that line.  Unfortunately for that particular argument, the Conservatives spent most of the 2005 election waving the anti-migrant banner (and still got thrashed by post-Iraq Tony Blair, who by then was known to be the duplicitous little toad he always was).

Again, the UKIP are just disaffected right-wing Tories.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:27 am

Two stories regarding pay today, one that champion of the low paid Ed Milliband pays his interns £4 an hour and the other in the Mail is saying that NHS bosses on £2k a day (all in It together, cutbacks/austerity a joke) are avoiding tax by using a personal company to get paid. All perfectly legal of course but morally indefensible that someone who earns approx. £500k a year avoids tax.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:39 am

Here's an extract from the Beeb about the Libya refugee crisis. It's amazing that an organisation the size and power of the EU can do nothing but wring its hands, one could be forgiven for thinking that all the Eurocrats are so busy filling their pockets with their chums the business men that they care little about the ordinary people.

In its analysis, the paper's Europe editor Ian Traynor notes that there is no common European ommunity policy when it comes to immigration because "an EU-wide scheme is a no-go for national governments".

A spokesman from the Tories addressed the problem by saying that they will go after the traffickers and bring them to justice, lol, the Mafia are heavily involved yet they will be more likely sat eating linguine with lobster and sipping champagne in a Michelin restuarant rather than down the docks loading migrants onto boats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Iggy wrote:
Here's an extract from the Beeb about the Libya refugee crisis. It's amazing that an organisation the size and power of the EU can do nothing but wring its hands, one could be forgiven for thinking that all the Eurocrats are so busy filling their pockets with their chums the business men that they care little about the ordinary people.

In its analysis, the paper's Europe editor Ian Traynor notes that there is no common European ommunity policy when it comes to immigration because "an EU-wide scheme is a no-go for national governments".

A spokesman from the Tories addressed the problem by saying that they will go after the traffickers and bring them to justice, lol, the Mafia are heavily involved yet they will be more likely sat eating linguine with lobster and sipping champagne in a Michelin restuarant rather than down the docks loading migrants onto boats.

I like how they dont mention why these poor sods are fleeing Libya.,, wouldnt have anything to do with the anarchy Britain helped create when it backed gadaffis removal and then left them too it as soon as they executed him in the streets.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 1:44 pm

The vast majority aren't from Libya but other African countries such as Somalia, Eritrea, Nigeria, Ghana etc, what a fcukin mess.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 2:35 pm

You only have to look at the wider region across the Middle East and North Africa to see why people are fleeing. After all if you were resident in a region where Boko Haram, Al Shabaab, ISIS, et al are inflicting absolute terror across swathes and where they are not you have Assad waging war on his own people, various other governments in various states of panic at what is unfolding around them, Libya's complete collapse into a failed state and God knows what else going on God knows where else. If you lived there wouldn't you take your chances and flee?

But where can they run to? The Sahara makes exit south impossible and other terrors await east and west. North, across the Med, is the only direction left to them.

And now we have seen what that leads to. If people are prepared to take that risk then just how awful must the circumstances behind them be?

Can we please lose the rhetoric employed by the likes of Katie Hopkins and printed, surprise! surprise!, in The Sun about "migrants" being akin to cockroaches? This is a direct lift from Nazi propaganda and was also used in Rwanda to encourage the genocide there. First and foremost these "migrants" are people just like you and me fleeing persecution, murder and tortures just like you or I might were we to be faced with the same conditions.

There has to be a better way than turning a blind eye to the problem and letting them drown in their hundreds so as not to encourage them (to this point official UK government policy) to head in our direction.

It is time for the EU (and UN) to step up and actually form a coherent plan, or at least approach, for the immediate future because this problem quite simply is not going to go away and it is far too big and complicated an issue for one nation alone to address.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Whatever the problem is, letting people drown can't be the solution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
You only have to look at the wider region across the Middle East and North Africa to see why people are fleeing. After all if you were resident in a region where Boko Haram, Al Shabaab, ISIS, et al are inflicting absolute terror across swathes and where they are not you have Assad waging war on his own people, various other governments in various states of panic at what is unfolding around them, Libya's complete collapse into a failed state and God knows what else going on God knows where else. If you lived there wouldn't you take your chances and flee?

But where can they run to? The Sahara makes exit south impossible and other terrors await east and west. North, across the Med, is the only direction left to them.

And now we have seen what that leads to. If people are prepared to take that risk then just how awful must the circumstances behind them be?

Can we please lose the rhetoric employed by the likes of Katie Hopkins and printed, surprise! surprise!, in The Sun about "migrants" being akin to cockroaches? This is a direct lift from Nazi propaganda and was also used in Rwanda to encourage the genocide there. First and foremost these "migrants" are people just like you and me fleeing persecution, murder and tortures just like you or I might were we to be faced with the same conditions.

There has to be a better way than turning a blind eye to the problem and letting them drown in their hundreds so as not to encourage them (to this point official UK government policy) to head in our direction.

It is time for the EU (and UN) to step up and actually form a coherent plan, or at least approach, for the immediate future because this problem quite simply is not going to go away and it is far too big and complicated an issue for one nation alone to address.

I agree with a lot you have to say but let's not forget the distinction between refugees fleeing from persecution and economic migrants. A lot of people that are anti wholesale economic migration are fully in support of not only rescuing the poor bleeders when they sink but even help over in the countries of origin and their neighbours. There are about one million people who need to get out of Libya alone, in the meantime refugee camps in safe areas and food and water need to be provided. The fact that there is no Europe wide immigration policy for the EU strengthens the case to get out. In the culture of today when we don't care about the fate of a lot of of our citizens don't be surprised when there is little sympathy shown to those from abroad. The governments of Europe are going to tackle the gang masters which I'm sure in my mind is saying if they don't sail they wont sink, not an answer to my mind. The ultimate solution would be stability in Africa but that wont happen any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:00 pm

I don't understand the distinction between refugees and economic migrants in this context. Are you suggesting that we let one lot drown but help the other? Until they've been saved how could we possibly tell which is which?

Once saved, however, I tend to agree up to a point. An economic migrant is one thing and if they enter illegally they should be returned but even that isn't easy. What if they are fleeing famine, for instance? Should they be sent back to starve?

This is the problem that started a long time ago with all the hooha about "bogus asylum seekers". By definition it is almost a complete nonsense. Anybody willing to risk life and limb to escape from one country and arrive in another has already made their own value judgement about the cost/benefit analysis of their action and who is anybody to tell them that they are "bogus"?

And, please, don't trot out the cack about "they only come over here for the benefits". They don't. They come here primarily because of the global prevalence of English as a language and because Britain has a reputation of being a country with a "fair" and diverse society where there is acceptance for a vast array of ethnicities and beliefs. We should be proud to celebrate that they choose to head here - after all we don't hesitate to mercilessly exploit their skills and labour once they have settled. Immigration brings fair more economically, socially, culturally and intellectually than it costs. Without it we would be scuttled but the wider point is that with no immigration at all these islands would be completely uninhabited - we are all immigrants if you go back far enough.

All of which is rather off the point because as CChris said: letting people, whoever they are, drown just because we can't be arsed to do anything is just plain wrong and if you think differently you have my pity whether you want it or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 8:11 pm

I neither want your pity nor deserve it FFS. You are trying to paint me in a light of your making, I don't want anyone to drown where have I said that? I have also pointed out how the lack of immigration policy isn't helping, they are the ones in power who are letting the poor fuckers drown not me. Read what I said again and come out with a coherent argument against what I said, although as you and I seem to agree on most of the salient points in the argument that would be pointless. And where have I said they only come over for the benefits, you are accusing me of being the ukiper profiled bigot that exists mainly in your mind, get off your high horse and drink your milk.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 8:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 8:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:00 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Garage is an ex Tory party activist, public school educated and worked as a stock broker for most of his life

Farage was never a "Tory party activist" nor has he ever been a "stock broker", so one out of three, better than you usually manage iirc.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:04 pm

Paven wrote:

Oh dear, you would be unaware then that ex BNP members are allowed to join any political party in the UK, except UKIP.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Iggy wrote:
I neither want your pity nor deserve it FFS. You are trying to paint me in a light of your making, I don't want anyone to drown where have I said that? I have also pointed out how the lack of immigration policy isn't helping, they are the ones in power who are letting the poor fuckers drown not me. Read what I said again and come out with a coherent argument against what I said, although as you and I seem to agree on most of the salient points in the argument that would be pointless. And where have I said they only come over for the benefits, you are accusing me of being the ukiper profiled bigot that exists mainly in your mind, get off your high horse and drink your milk.

The place is full of lefty wankers Iggs, they know fook all, their hero Tony Bliar created this mess along with the leaders of the EU/NATO/US warmongers society, now the do gooders want to fill Europe with piss poor, Islamist, nut bags, there's a recipe for peace and stability.

We have got to get out of both the Sandpit and the EU asap, develop decent border controls and secure the future of our children, the Daesh (ISIS, ISIL, IS) or whatever you want to call them are running this entire people smuggling racket, they are even sinking the boats to create an even bigger shit storm so our weak ass leaders throw open our doors to whichever chancers and terrorists want to come here.

I'm buying canned goods and shotgun carts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Election Countdown who is going to win
Page 12 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next