Elias
VillageGreen
zyph
mouldyoldgoat
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

General Election June 8th 2017 Empty
PostSubject: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 11:10 am

Here's to more blanket coverage from the media, more lies told by wannabe MP's and the end of the Labour Party under Corbyn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 11:26 am

Hopefully the useless Goat will have to walk after the inevitable hammering and the party can recover and offer up some challenge to this self harming hard brexit that the most right wing Government in living memory is inflicting on us.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 2:13 pm

FFS what have I done now!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 3:03 pm

mouldy if you looked like a goat...a true GSG girl would never of married you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 3:16 pm

I wonder what role Webb will play for the Tories this time?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 3:50 pm

The Tories will thrash Labour in this election, surely ?.

Jezza will be walking away from the head job on June 9th should he witness a hammering. He will not be able to carry on as leader once Labour are trounced.

They will then be able to elect a more ''in-tune'' top person to lead them back to some kind of coherency and fight the Tories.

The wicked witch of the north is not too keen on this election, but said she will fight the Tories full on. The Welsh are not too happy either, saying stability is at stake. Northern Ireland are pleased about the election being called.

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 4:41 pm

I don't think voting will be that simple.

Labour might get a trouncing over their leaders inability to lead.

Conservative remoaners might vote to undermine Theresa May.

UKIP voters....(remember 4million of them) might not vote for their Party with a nutter in charge.

Lib/Dems might undeservingly pick up remoaner votes as well.

Greens also might pick non-brexit voters.

Some will 'way up' the possibility of a second referendum to reverse the vote of leaving.

There will be a lot of Tories thinking it's all unnecessary.

Scotland and Ireland might be fed up with yet another election.

If the PM doesn't get a clear mandate for her brexit negotiations then her position will be weakened in the EU Brexit talks.

It could be one big mess.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 5:08 pm

have to say i agree witb zyph
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 5:29 pm

zyph wrote:
I don't think voting will be that simple.

Labour might get a trouncing over their leaders inability to lead.

Conservative remoaners might vote to undermine Theresa May.

UKIP voters....(remember 4million of them) might not vote for their Party with a nutter in charge.

Lib/Dems might undeservingly pick up remoaner votes as well.

Greens also might pick non-brexit voters.

Some will 'way up' the possibility of a second referendum to reverse the vote of leaving.

There will be a lot of Tories thinking it's all unnecessary.

Scotland and Ireland might be fed up with yet another election.

If the PM doesn't get a clear mandate for her brexit negotiations then her position will be weakened in the EU Brexit talks.

It could be one big mess.

You make good points there, especially Tory remain folk voting to undermine May.

If the Tories were to lose and that resulted in another EU referendum, when would that be called - weeks, months or years - and how close would the result be ?.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 5:30 pm

You're so negative Zyph.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
You're so negative Zyph.

I agree, Lots of congratulations coming the PM's way on other green websites....commenting on a the oppotunities for voters to have their say and use their votes alongside other fans......why don't they post on here I wonder... scratch
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
You're so negative Zyph.

Nothing negative about my comments......facts, facts, facts.

One of the most positives things could be the undermining of Sturgeon in Scotland......she won 56 out of 59 seats.....that surely can't get better for her....losing a few seats would put out the message that Scots probably don't want to leave the UK......that's all she will be pushing for.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 7:10 pm

This is all very fishy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the writing is on the wall that the Tory election expenses fiasco has them banged to rights meaning that around 20 by-elections could be called. Were that to happen any angry local constituency is unlikely to return the same winner and the Tory majority is gone.

Dig a little deeper and the referendum would then have been called by a government fraudulently elected. If you think the referendum has created a constitutional nightmare then imagine it being declared null and void and work on from there...

On top of which Article 50 was enacted before this decision was made. Does anybody seriously believe that Theresa May just woke up this morning and thought "ooooh I think I'll call an election"? Of course not.

So she is either lying through her teeth or is playing fast and lost in terms of strategy with the most monumental decisions a government can make.

I thought Cameron was reckless, conceited and incompetent but Theresa May looks like knocking spots of him.

The real problem the Tories have is keeping their party together. Every leader in recent times has been destroyed by the issue of Europe and TM is terrified that she'll be next.

So it is all about Brexit. There'll be a glib phrase in the manifesto saying "Brexit means Brexit" (or something equally vague) which will then be endlessly referred to to justify every act of constitutional vandalism required to get Brexit done. Her pro-Europe wing will be neutered and she'll be able to march on with the de-regulation that Bangladeshifies the UK into some sort of dodgy European tax haven that we seem destined for.

Although it could all backfire. The government majority is currently small. They are unlikely to gain seats in Scotland. The LDs might win a few they lost last time back and we could end up with a hung Parliament if Labour can get its shit together.

It's all a bit like the threatening Chinese phrase "may you live in interesting times" made real.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 7:48 pm

With the findings regarding Tory MP's 2015 election expenses fraud about to be centre stage .....there is the possibility that Theresa May's 12 seat parliamentary majority could disappear.....with a possible 20 Tory MP's being charged with fraud.....so a general election called for June 8th would help to alleviate that possible problem.....with new candidates of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 7:48 pm

This election will serve two purposes. increase the tories majority and the rebirth of the labour party under a leader who can unite the party and the voters and actually have polices worth a dam.

I think the lib dems will do well in this although not enough to be the opposition and the snp will contest the results if they dont win all the seats in scotland.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 7:53 pm

What are we voting for in this election????
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 7:58 pm

I see the bitterness is still around SFD.

The election expenses 'scandal' concerns all the main parties and your General Election conspiracy theory has been knocking around the newspapers for weeks now.

As for the "Cameron is reckless, conceited and incompetent". Oh the irony. Corbyn's got the patent on those.

And please tell me you're taking the piss when you claim that the real problem the Tories have is keeping the party together. You seemed to have acquired a blinding sense of humour there.

MPs aren't in the habit of committing political suicide. They will fall into line regarding Brexit and how their constituents voted.

I recall a while back how you moaned that May had no mandate. Well now she well might. Will that shut you up?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Oh I dunno.

Let's run through the list of Tory PMs fecked over by Europe: Heath*, Thatcher, Major, Cameron... May's fate is yet to be decided.

So all of them really.

And Cameron's dunderheadedness was so over-whelmingly obvious even to himself in the end that he quit in shame at what he had allowed to happen. History will be devastatingly unkind to him and even more critical of May.

In opposition there was Hague and Howard: one Remainer and one Leaver - a perfect illustration of the split in the wider party.

According to C4 news the CPS is ready to press charges against 30 serving Tory MPs and there appears to be a some sort of internal deadline of the end of May (how apt!)... GE called for 8th June.

Hmmm. Fishier than a fish in fish sauce shouting fish! fish! fish! if you ask me.

Still IDS, Redwood, Grayling and Fox all vocal proponents for Leave all represent constituencies which voted Remain as do chancellor Hammond and PM May. With any luck they won't even be MPs on 9th June.

*I don't remember any before him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 8:32 pm

no matter what happens there will still be those who will refuse to accept the results and protest it (shout out to own jones). It seems to be the norm now sadly which is why everyone eligible to vote should indeed vote on june 8th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 8:42 pm

id vote for the Liberals but Tim Farron reminds me too much of Webby
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Oh I dunno.

Let's run through the list of Tory PMs fecked over by Europe: Heath*, Thatcher, Major, Cameron... May's fate is yet to be decided.

So all of them really.

And Cameron's dunderheadedness was so over-whelmingly obvious even to himself in the end that he quit in shame at what he had allowed to happen. History will be devastatingly unkind to him and even more critical of May.

In opposition there was Hague and Howard: one Remainer and one Leaver -  a perfect illustration of the split in the wider party.

According to C4 news the CPS is ready to press charges against 30 serving Tory MPs and there appears to be a some sort of internal deadline of the end of May (how apt!)... GE called for 8th June.

Hmmm. Fishier than a fish in fish sauce shouting fish! fish! fish! if you ask me.

Still IDS, Redwood, Grayling and Fox all vocal proponents for Leave all represent constituencies which voted Remain as do chancellor Hammond and PM May. With any luck they won't even be MPs on 9th June.

He was the grinning idiot who so proudly signed us in to a 'Common Market' of trading nations....which is morphing into U.S. of Europe.... a Federal hell hole controlled by Germany (no need for WW3).
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Oh I dunno.

So all of them really.

In opposition there was Hague and Howard: one Remainer and one Leaver -  a perfect illustration of the split in the wider party.

In what respect was Heath "fecked over by Europe"? Surely it was the battle with the NUM and the subsequent three day week, power cuts etc that led to his downfall? That was certainly the reason why he called the election in 1974,on the ticket of "who governs Britain" if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Maybe. I was only 7 at the time. Hardly lauded by his party for taking us in, was he?

Then again the Tories have always been very revisionist. Maggie is often hailed as a great europhobe and yet she negotiated the Maastricht Treaty on our behalf.

Then again they've flip flopped on Europe so much it is daft.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 9:35 pm

May is one shit PM and deserves to be booted out on her useless arse but I'm so sick of politics and all vile, lying, greedy, incompetent, self serving, war mongering politicians that I really can't be arsed with any of this crap anymore. Britain deserves better than the crap of all political colours that infects Parliament these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Election June 8th 2017
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next