Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...

Go down 
+35
green_genie
Chancellor
argyl3
Dingle
GreenSam
Graham Clark
tigertony
Freathy
VillageGreen
Lord Melbury
Les Miserable
Elias
nzgreen
Damon.Lenszner
GreenHart
Chemical Ali
Mock Cuncher
lawnmowerman
Wotton's Ashtray
sufferedsince 68
Lord Tisdale
PatDunne
All the Presidents Men
Tgwu
Dougie
Gareth Nicholson
Tringreen
Greenskin
stephensdad
Rickler
Czarcasm
seadog
Dick Trickle
Richard Blight
Sir Francis Drake
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 10:16 am

Gareth Nicholson wrote:
Great idea but we missed the boat on that sort of major capital project. The money just isn't there for it and neither is the borrowing capability I'd say on PCC's behalf. I'd be surprised if the council didn't have a gap of anything up to £10m a year in terms of affordability that they need to close. They aren't in a position to spend capital borrowing on building a stadium, no matter what the case is for it.

Swansea lucked out big style. Right place, right time, right level of support for both sports (even if only just).

Rather than try and replicate something which events won't allow for, we need to build a coalition to get this done properly. That means looking forward and doing something new, together.

You are probably better informed than my good self on Council finances but the fact that it isn't a whole ground, just a proper grandstand with income producing space and vitally room for further development, means that a 'coalition' could be formed between council as landowners, the two clubs and other investors/new owners and maybe even a share issue for the fans to buy into ?
Back to top Go down
Gareth Nicholson

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 10:25 am

Tringreen wrote:
Gareth Nicholson wrote:
Great idea but we missed the boat on that sort of major capital project. The money just isn't there for it and neither is the borrowing capability I'd say on PCC's behalf. I'd be surprised if the council didn't have a gap of anything up to £10m a year in terms of affordability that they need to close. They aren't in a position to spend capital borrowing on building a stadium, no matter what the case is for it.

Swansea lucked out big style. Right place, right time, right level of support for both sports (even if only just).

Rather than try and replicate something which events won't allow for, we need to build a coalition to get this done properly. That means looking forward and doing something new, together.

You are probably better informed than my good self on Council finances but the fact that it isn't a whole ground, just a proper grandstand with income producing space and vitally room for further development, means that a 'coalition' could be formed between council as landowners, the two clubs and other investors/new owners and maybe even a share issue for the fans to buy into ?

I think the stand is doable but likely it will be an affordable design and build. That doesn't necessarily mean the capacity would stay limited, but I think the limit would be on ambition and "uniqueness".
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 10:37 am

Gareth Nicholson wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Gareth Nicholson wrote:

I think the stand is doable but likely it will be an affordable design and build. That doesn't necessarily mean the capacity would stay limited, but I think the limit would be on ambition and "uniqueness".

So, a typically 'Plymouth' effort is the probable outcome. Do you agree that the impact and likely response of the public to something more inspiring, would pay dividends in the longer term, so maybe the extra funding could be raised as I suggested above ? Share issues in the clubs with the ground remaining in public hands and use for other major events from which the city can prosper.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 10:47 am

Just discuss this issue with a Council official who said borrowing the money by the Council is the only way to rise the capital. Stand would be the same size as Brent's but with room to expand. Rent increase is a major negotiation because of the buy back clause, Council would need to recoup their new investment
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 11:10 am

Tgwu wrote:
Just discuss this issue with a Council official who said borrowing the money by the Council is the only way to rise the capital. Stand would be the same size as Brent's but with room to expand. Rent increase is a major negotiation because of the buy back clause, Council would need to recoup their new investment

Hence the need for both clubs to use HP..............and why not ? No doubt Porkie and his insular, one dimensional chums, will complain about 'egg chasers' but they simply have to be sidelined. The additional funding required to build it with the 'wow factor', so vital in inspiring higher attendances,could be raised through ownership/share issues in both clubs. Brent wants out and there is talk of two ex players trying to buy Albion.

The clubs get the inspiring new stadium with fund raising possibilities and the council gets a public asset and higher rents.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 11:10 am

Should have been an journey of sparkling conversation and probing for Brent and his acolytes on the way to Morecambe on Saturday. This topic would make for an interesting read for The The President's Herald column.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 11:18 am

Dougie wrote:
Should have been an journey of sparkling conversation and probing for Brent and his acolytes on the way to Morecambe on Saturday.  This topic would make for an interesting read for The The President's Herald column.

'Waaaaaaaaaat abowt the dentist n skool matey ? Caaaaaan I still av moy lighthouse ? No bleddy egg chasers though! '
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:48 pm

The problem and the coalition solution was known and being worked on it would seem. These quotes by The The Bloke in the aftermath of the Trust interview with Evans.

Quote :
it's a very sensitive time for the development

Quote :
I'd rather see Plymouth City Council working on a solution for HHP Development than positioning an 'it wasn't my fault' cry

Quote :
Argyle need a new stand. The City needs new facilities. Work together to deliver that rather than petty points scoring

Quote :
Good to speak to @CouncillorTudor as always. All parties working to find a solution on HHP Development. Great for Plymouth

Quote :
just spoke to Tudor myself. Seemed confident that all parties working together for positive outcome?!

Quote :
I meant all parties as in PCC, Akkeron and Argyle.

So given the statement below I wonder if The The Political Advisor and Communicator would push Brent and Evans to issue a quicker joint statement than the not imminent end of October date

Quote :
I just feel that given complexity of situation Argyle fans need facts not opinions
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Some of the people attending the Cornish branch little get together may like to ask one or two pointed questions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:02 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Hence the need for both clubs to use HP..............and why not ? No doubt Porkie and his insular, one dimensional chums, will complain about 'egg chasers' but they simply have to be sidelined.   The additional funding required to build it with the 'wow factor', so vital in inspiring higher attendances,could be raised through ownership/share issues in both clubs. Brent wants out and there is talk of two ex players trying to buy Albion.

The clubs get the inspiring new stadium with fund raising possibilities and the council gets a public asset and higher rents.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:12 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'd like to think that, given it will be built with public money, there will be genuine public consultation about what needs to go into the stand.

There is still every opportunity to build a whopping great stand with an intrinsic Ice Arena under it and a supporters bar and other appropriate leisure outlets and so on...

A stand that would, in fact, tick everybody's boxes and not encroach onto parkland in any way.

It's a no-brainer, really.

Just like the HHP plan was.

I'd love to know who the idiot was that said  "Yes, James. That'll work."
Or is the list so long it'd be pointless?

Come on you tease, you know it was the  un-elected - ( "pasoti isn't a democracy" ) fans representative who later on, miraculously became an ordinary fan who happens to sit in the Director's box and by coincidence drives speccy (who somehow weadles a lift out of him) to games all over, not unlike a paid chauffeur - yes, that ordinary!

............and the postman wannabee failed union negotiator, failed media star - now booted off radio and parachuted into speccy's 'Erald, failed club President - sent in to quell the dissenters!, fledling janner business troubleshooter - i hear Gerry Robinson is shatting himself!! and now budding prospective politician / MP labour or tory - you choose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 2:22 pm

I don't really fancy Home Park becoming a groundshare with Albion in all honesty.

The solution has to be something cheap and cheerful for the time being - preferably building good revenue generating facilities (gym, restaurant, supporters bar etc.) with room behind the concourse for expansion upwards and outwards. And strong enough foundations to do so!

I don't think Albion could play at Home Park without significant adjustment of the stadium dimensions - a standard rugby pitch simply won't fit between the front row of the Devonport and the front row of the Barn Park. Which suits me as I can't stand seeing those faded white rugby lines on the pitch, the ploughed up muddy pitches, and struggling to see the action properly due to the stands being further away from the pitch. There has to be a better way!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Whilst I agree building a new Grandstand with scope to extend is deffo the way to go, I'm pretty sure it will be the other parts of the ground that would need to be extended to deal with the type of demand from your average punter. Any new or occasional fan is far more likely to want a reasonably priced seat in the 'normal' areas than the top end seats in any new Upper tier.

I still hope against hope that with Argyles track record of getting anything built once in a blue moon, when the time comes to build this new stand it is done with meticulous foresight, and to the absolute highest spec and capacity that it can be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:01 pm

putting the club to oneside for a moment....

isnt there like a 101 other pressing concerns that need council tax payers money spent on it over another bail out of the club.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:07 pm

When the next Labour leaflet drops through my door blaming the cruel Government for 'forcing' PCC to make cuts in front line services..................

Anyhow, let's get shot of Brent, Tudor out sounds so much better :-)
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Good to see you boys are still fooking delusional.

A bit sad to see that so many of you would be happy for PCC to spunk huge amounts of cash on a new stand for you to wank all over when at the same time they would be cutting funding to old people's services leaving the old and vulnerable to starve or freeze.

Hardly surprising that you have this perception of entitlement when so few of you have ever had a job.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:31 pm

I agree LT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:38 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

A bit sad to see that so many of you would be happy for PCC to spunk huge amounts of cash on a new stand for you to wank all over when at the same time they would be cutting funding to old people's services leaving the old and vulnerable to starve or freeze.

Hardly surprising that you have this perception of entitlement when so few of you have ever had a job.

my point exactly
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Yeah but it'd only be Plymouth's old and vulnerable that'd be starvin' or freezin', Tis. Shorely no concern of a man such as yourself.

P.S. Has Sid James redevelopment (the wall) been lashed back up yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

Yeah but it'd only be Plymouth's old and vulnerable that'd be starvin' or freezin', Tis. Shorely no concern of a man such as yourself.

P.S. Has Sid James redevelopment (the wall) been lashed back up yet?

not just the old that are starvin or freezin sadly
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 4:32 pm

"so few of you have ever had a job"

There aint no jobs to be ad that match my skill set.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Great News that Brents hideous development wont happen, apart from his disciples anyone could see it was a pile of crap. The future as i see it is a decent staduim used by Argyle and Albion that has got to be the way forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:30 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Great News that Brents hideous development wont happen, apart from his disciples anyone could see it was a pile of crap. The future as i see it is a decent staduim used by Argyle and Albion that has got to be the way forward.

is this an atd story or does the albion thing have a shred of merit?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:52 pm

It seems to have worked at Swansea. Mind you, if brenty boy and his village jamboys are still around, advancement is about as likely as an articulate. thinking manager being appointed, to work with decent Argyle people to plot the way forward and on to greater things than losing narrowly at Morecambe........... and Burton...............and etc etc................
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:23 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

I'm sure someone will correct me but I think money spent on a new grandstand would come from capital expenditure budgets and quite likely to be borrowed.

Money for old people's services etc. comes from a different budget. Possibly a revenue budget?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next