Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...

Go down 
+35
green_genie
Chancellor
argyl3
Dingle
GreenSam
Graham Clark
tigertony
Freathy
VillageGreen
Lord Melbury
Les Miserable
Elias
nzgreen
Damon.Lenszner
GreenHart
Chemical Ali
Mock Cuncher
lawnmowerman
Wotton's Ashtray
sufferedsince 68
Lord Tisdale
PatDunne
All the Presidents Men
Tgwu
Dougie
Gareth Nicholson
Tringreen
Greenskin
stephensdad
Rickler
Czarcasm
seadog
Dick Trickle
Richard Blight
Sir Francis Drake
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 2:29 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Good to see you boys are still fooking delusional.

A bit sad to see that so many of you would be happy for PCC to spunk huge amounts of cash on a new stand for you to wank all over when at the same time they would be cutting funding to old people's services leaving the old and vulnerable to starve or freeze.

Hardly surprising that you have this perception of entitlement when so few of you have ever had a job.

I'm sure someone will correct me but I think money spent on a new grandstand would come from capital expenditure budgets and quite likely to be borrowed.

Money for old people's services etc. comes from a different budget. Possibly a revenue budget?

Oh dear.

There is only one lump of cash Richard, you have to rob Peter if you want to pay Paul, accounting fixes are not fixes they are just bull shit, this is exactly why the NHS is up the shitter, funding PFIs may well be its death knell, all very good from a budgetary point of view but in the long run the shit will hit the fan.

If football clubs can pay their very average players way over the average working wage they can fund their own infrastructure, I totally agree with ECC's stance on Sid James, they give us a good deal on the rent, if we want travelling supporters to have a roof and clean bogs we should pay for that ourselves, so you boys will be shit out of luck for the foreseeable.
Back to top Go down
GreenHart

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Nonsense LT - there is no pot of money, the money will most certainly be borrowed and repaid via increased rent (see my previous post)

At face value no tax payers money will be spent (save for officer time etc) and the Council will significantly increase the value of it's asset. Obviously this all comes with risk as everything will depend on PAFC's ability to service the rent.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 10:04 pm

LT,

what has PFI's ( public finance initiatives) got to do with anything? PFI's were /are a way of bringing private money into the public arena mainly to build new hospitals and schools. They are a bit like lease hire where a monthly sum pays for the debt plus the maintenance and possibly servicing contracts of the building. My understanding is PFI is a very expensive way of building public buildings.

I can't see or more to the point I would hope the council wouldn't dream of using PFI as a means of building a grandstand for PAFC. To start with PAFC is not a public body!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:27 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
OK. I know this isn't exactly news. The death that is. I told you as much long, long ago. This week (or soon afterwards) it will be finally be publicly admitted.

When it is announced there will be a parallel announcement and PCC will commit to building Argyle a new grandstand!

I don't have further details. That's it.

Maybe it'll be a magnificent two-tiered stand... Maybe it'll finally fulfill Tudor's promise to be a "stadium fit for champions"... I don't know.

There's all sorts of implications... Speculate away!

Just in case there's any concern about the accuracy of this it was confirmed today by Martin Starnes.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:05 am

In that case, let's hope it will be done well , with a bit of the all important wow factor, to inspire the missing thousands [ approx 10k from the recent past]  and get Albion in too !

All that's then required is for the reluctant one to slide away and his jamboys to be returned to the shadows by new owners of more class and vision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:49 am

What are Albion's attendances like these days...2-3k ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:00 am

And on a separate note

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Muhahahahahaha

Wankers !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:24 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
What are Albion's attendances like these days...2-3k ?

less than that they are not playing well and upping prices toboot.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:42 am

Good news!! The club is no longer in danger of being boxed in by brent's hideous clusterf*ck abomination and PCC's stand couldn't possibly be worse than brent's proposed ministand. The next noise I want to hear from HP is that brent has slithered back to wherever it is he came from never to darken our door again!

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Great to here that Clusterfuck is no more  how it ever got planning permission still baffles me it was ridiculous an idea to put so much crap into one small space at the expense of the club, locals and the park.

Im not hopeful that the new proposed grandstand will be any better than the HHP one mind however if this one will be built with the future in mind and the capacity can be increased then i can live with it. I'm sure the corporate facilities and ice rink thing will still be built on the carpark too which im not fussed about providing they are worh being built and make money.

As for Albion moving in? again only this place is muting it so its not guarantee or even talked about between the two at the moment. Not against them moving back to Home Park one day if the deal is good for Albion and they benefit from being there aswell as Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 12:57 pm

I'm not entirely certain about this but the "grandstand" would appear to be unchanged from the HHP plan so it isn't necessarily news which is that great.

Where we gain is by not having a school in one corner, a dentist in another and not being encircled by development and roads meaning that we can expand into the corners without too much trouble, I'd've thought.

And Brent has repeatedly assured us that the Lyndhurst can easily be extended...

Once the corners are done they'll look very strange indeed if they're bigger than the existing stands so if they ever get done copies of Zoo Corner look likely. Does anybody know how many seats that would add?

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:19 pm

1,307 in each corner(approx)
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Rickler wrote:
"Potentially libellous".

LOl...  WTF does that mean?  That applies to 90% of all posts made by Newell and the rest of the goon Squad on Pasoti.

This "soliciter"..   This idol in Newell's world was the subject of the last question in Newell's famed "Pasoti quiz" that has since disappeared off the face of the earth..  I wonder why?

Hey TigerTony...  
How do you feel about the zero interest in you and the "Pasoti quiz" - how do you feel about its subsequent complete removal?
Following rules - see Zoo corner. santa
Oh and before you start I am not the top lawyer. I did recently help out my sister in a case against her employer (ex!) who was being a complete ars****e. The situation turned 180 when the employer went to ACAS for damage limitation after having a few home truths pointed out and the words 'erald' lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:42 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'm not entirely certain about this but the "grandstand" would appear to be unchanged from the HHP plan so it isn't necessarily news which is that great.

Where we gain is by not having a school in one corner, a dentist in another and not being encircled by development and roads meaning that we can expand into the corners without too much trouble, I'd've thought.

And Brent has repeatedly assured us that the Lyndhurst can easily be extended...

Once the corners are done they'll look very strange indeed if they're bigger than the existing stands so if they ever get done copies of Zoo Corner look likely. Does anybody know how many seats that would add?

i thought he said the opposite about the lyndhurst and barn park unless you are referring to the devonport end?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:43 pm

tigertony wrote:
Rickler wrote:
"Potentially libellous".

LOl...  WTF does that mean?  That applies to 90% of all posts made by Newell and the rest of the goon Squad on Pasoti.

This "soliciter"..   This idol in Newell's world was the subject of the last question in Newell's famed "Pasoti quiz" that has since disappeared off the face of the earth..  I wonder why?

Hey TigerTony...  
How do you feel about the zero interest in you and the "Pasoti quiz" - how do you feel about its subsequent complete removal?
Oh and before you start I am not the top lawyer. I did recently help out my sister in a case against her employer (ex!) who was being a complete ars****e. The situation turned 180 when the employer went to ACAS for damage limitation after having a few home truths pointed out and the words 'erald' lol!

Wow quite the little perry mason Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Is the land directly behind the proposed Grandstand footprint owned by Brent? Apart from the Council not really wanting to spend more money, is that the stumbling block to the job being done properly instead of just knocking up what Brent was planning anyway?

Surely now is the golden opportunity to take a breath and re-visit the proposed plan, what with no Ice Rink planned to hem it in? Then, if we must do a half-arsed 4,800 stand, at least design it to be easily and cost-effectively expandable.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 4:32 pm

The future status of the land behind the grandstand is not known to me. I suspect it is a key factor in the negotiations and might not yet be resolved. I honestly don't know.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

i thought he said the opposite about the lyndhurst and barn park unless you are referring to the devonport end?

The key phrase I used was "Brent has repeatedly assured us". I don't believe it for a moment but with no road outside it becomes rather more possible.

It'd make far more sense to demolish the Devonport End and re-build it bigger.

Neither of which I consider likely ever to happen.

If each corner could take another 1300 seats then that's a further 2600 added to capacity which would bring us up to around 20,000.

It's a shame that the "grandstand" is likely to remain; it is such a dissapointment.
Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 6:36 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

The key phrase I used was "Brent has repeatedly assured us". I don't believe it for a moment but with no road outside it becomes rather more possible.

It'd make far more sense to demolish the Devonport End and re-build it bigger.

Neither of which I consider likely ever to happen.

If each corner could take another 1300 seats then that's a further 2600 added to capacity which would bring us up to around 20,000.

It's a shame that the "grandstand" is likely to remain; it is such a dissapointment.

The Barr Phase Two Grandstand was two tier with corporate boxes creating the separation. The overall capacity of Phase One and Phase Two was 18,600 with the 'horseshoe' capacity at 12,600. The two 'corners, had a combined capacity of 1,300 leaving the remaining 4,700 grandstand capacity split between the two tiers.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 6:49 pm

If it is exactly the same as the HHP stand, then the post re-build capacity is still likely to be 17,800 pre-segregation.

Let's say after a promotion or two we fill in the corners at 1,300 each. That then makes the post re-build capacity to be 20,400 pre-segregation.

When you account for segregation, that capacity still makes it pretty unlikely that we'll ever see a 20k crowd in Home Park ever again.

It's better than the original plan of course but it's still not great really is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 7:07 pm

GreenSam wrote:
If it is exactly the same as the HHP stand, then the post re-build capacity is still likely to be 17,800 pre-segregation.

Let's say after a promotion or two we fill in the corners at 1,300 each. That then makes the post re-build capacity to be 20,400 pre-segregation.

When you account for segregation, that capacity still makes it pretty unlikely that we'll ever see a 20k crowd in Home Park ever again.

It's better than the original plan of course but it's still not great really is it?

it stinks of we dont plan on going anywhere in this game then where we are now. An attitude which will cause more harm than you can possibly imagine. Football is a buisness and a dog eat dog world
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 7:14 pm

GreenSam wrote:

Has AFT queried any of this with PCC, Sam?

Obviously until something is announced it is only officially a rumour, no matter how accurate it turns out to be, and easily ignored by all and sundry but once an announcement is made it'll, as likely as not, be too late to influence anything.

Now is the time, Sam.

(If you're not on it already, of course.)
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 7:25 pm

It could be worth mentioning that PCC should be acting in the interests of the city and that if it is helping with finance then it ought to be consulting widely re the finished article and not running with a flawed design specd according to the demands of a wider property development that is not now going to happen.

After all, ultimately. it will be protecting the value of an asset it owns.

Or not.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Expect an announcement on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 6:51 am

tigertony wrote:
Rickler wrote:
"Potentially libellous".

Hey TigerTony...  

I know who the 'top lawyer' is, but even if I didn't,  I think I would have reached the conclusion that you were not him...
Don't ask me how I knew..  Put it down to just a feeling...

As for "following Rules and seeing the Zoo corner" - with a santa thrown in...  I have no idea  what all that is supposed to mean?

What does it mean?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...   HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

HHP is dead. (soon to be official) - But that is not all...
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next