The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plan B.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Plan B. Empty
PostSubject: Plan B.   Plan B. EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 6:56 pm

Come on guys as Brent is obvs. out of his depth here let's give him a hand, any ideas welcome and we know that all ideas will get back to him as his chauffeur is an avid reader of all things ATD, Hi Ian.
How about, knock grandstand down, level the site as in g/s and carpark area, face it pitch side with a really steep stand ala Villla pK, New Den, then build a feck off big box behind it to fill with shops, bars and facilities then top it with another steepish Grandstand right on the top. Why only have one or two floors? Stick in four levels. Despite what the fat controller says there cant be any restriction on the height of it (see the approval of the hotel plans and the life centre) we have to assume that was a Porky all along? Anyway in short the footprint is plenty big enough you just have to think vertically.
Oh and get somebody in with enough money to build it which I think would happen upon completion of a decent set of plans.
Brent out.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Plan B. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plan B.   Plan B. EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Plan B

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Plan B. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plan B.   Plan B. EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Plan B you avin a laugh.

Bashed ego's and sulking abound coz little Jimmy's potless and can't deliver.

No proactive steps will be taken by anyone for quite some time yet.

Meanwhile, i'm happy how things are shaping up. HHP unlikely to go ahead, no boxed in microstand on the horizon and some greet shoots of recovery on the the pitch.

Best hope for a cup run or promotion campaign relatively soon though, as can't see anyone at Argyle having the nouse to grab this situation by the balls, take practical steps to plan for this balloon payment. Despite Jimmy's empty promises of transparency etc etc the corporate governance is shocking, only one NED and any questions on the finances flatly ignored.

Probably too busy crying himself to sleep and fire fighting his crumbling empire, and mountain of projects he can't complete. He's leveraged to feck and got liquidity problems in his other businesses its only a matter of time before he has to pass the batton on to someone else at Argyle
Back to top Go down

Plan B. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plan B.   Plan B. EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Serves you right James for taking the piss
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Plan B. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plan B.   Plan B. EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 10:16 pm

Iggy wrote:
Come on guys as Brent is obvs. out of his depth here let's give him a hand, any ideas welcome and we know that all ideas will get back to him as his chauffeur is an avid reader of all things ATD, Hi Ian.
How about, knock grandstand down, level the site as in g/s and carpark area, face it pitch side with a really steep stand ala Villla pK, New Den, then build a feck off big box behind it to fill with shops, bars and facilities then top it with another steepish Grandstand right on the top. Why only have one or two floors? Stick in four levels. Despite what the fat controller says there cant be any restriction on the height of it (see the approval of the hotel plans and the life centre) we have to assume that was a Porky all along? Anyway in short the footprint is plenty big enough you just have to think vertically.
Oh and get somebody in with enough money to build it which I think would happen upon completion of a decent set of plans.
Brent out.

Sounds good to me....Sadly though, i do not think there is anyone out there who will buy the club and pay off all the debt that are still owed. The £2-3 million balloon payment is due in October 2016 i gather..

There are dark times ahead i fear...

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Plan B. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plan B.   Plan B. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:45 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

There's no traction at all in the "No Plan B" argument. It's risible, errant nonsense only a nincompoop would believe and only a charlatan would suggest.

Not having a Plan B would be at least as incompetent or negligent as Stapleton & Co were as the club ran up unsustainable levels of debt.

Here's an open letter to the club:

Quote :
Dear Argyle,

Please, please, please stop treating us like feckin idiots because we won't fall for it and it makes you look real bad.

Yours faithfully,

SFD.

Couldn't have said it better myself....

Suggestions as to what Brent might come up with for plan B?

TINA2
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Plan B. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plan B.   Plan B. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:56 am

Thing is, Starnes telling a bunch of star struck yokels at a random Q&A somewhere in North Devon that THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE PLAN B, is all well and good. But observers with half a brain would and should be rightfully alarmed at the prospect. At least the Pasoti lemmings that are just eternally grateful and question nothing, are getting lesser and lesser in number.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Plan B. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plan B.   Plan B. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 9:57 am

Feel sorry for Starnes being the man out there peddling the HHP company line.

They must have known for months that the Studio School was being moved with implications for funding and footfall, but he has to imply it's still near 70% tipping point so as not to discourage any more potential tenants.

Anyway, Plan B.

Exercise the buy back clause for Home Park from PCC in Oct 2016 for £1.8M and couple the land with that already owned by JB (& others), enhancing combined value for sale to someone capable of delivering a development incorporating an Ice Rink that PCC will be desperate for by that time.

Whether that helps PAFC meet balloon payment or Akkeron cover their costs on HHP planning or both is another matter of faith.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Plan B. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plan B.   Plan B. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 10:25 am

It's all coming together nicely.
Back to top Go down

Plan B. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plan B.   Plan B. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 11:00 am

i posted my Plan B elsewhere but here it is again

my post on Well there is nothing stopping the HHP Development now wrote:
Plan B should be

build a decent grandstand fit for a football club that can be extended if reequired in the future and yes can hold corporate dicks and their functions in too
A decent ice arena fit for purpose

Hell i will even allow a shop/cafe to go there too

any other plan will fai

other than this i would say stop trying to ram so much crap into a small space due to sheer greed and arrogance towards the club and locals. Who the feck needs a dentist surgery inthe corner of a football ground or a school, or a nandos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plan B. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plan B.   Plan B. Empty

Back to top Go down

Plan B.
Page 1 of 1